15 Old Route 22
Armonk, NY 10504Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.letseat.at/gavi
- Phone: 9142736900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Joe Romano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: If you would like to cater, please contact the owner, Franco DeCarlo and you can make up your menu.
- Entertainment: Live music every other week. Come join Gavi and celebrate Carnevale. February 17th through the 20th.
- Special Events: Carnevale February 17th through February 20th. Full course meal, live entertainment, wine and beer included. The 19th OPEN BAR.
A word from Gavi
Gavi Restaurant is a friendly Italian Restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gavi reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (16)good for groups (10)fit for foodies (7)special occasion (7)notable wine list (7)romantic (7)great for outdoor dining (5)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (3)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- tripledguyDined on 8/30/2014Repeat customers. Have dined at Gavi 6 or 7 times and never been disappointed. Carbonara is great along with the regular menu items I have tried and specials are not to be missed either. It's a hidden gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salmon disastrousCaroleDined on 8/28/2014Despite excellent appetizers ( fried calamari, eggplant rollatini and mussels) the severely over cooked, dry salmon sitting on a few raw spinach leaves next to three reheated dry pieces of potato made this a place to not eat again. Lovely tiramasu tart for dessert but although I notified them at the time of reservation that we would be celebrating my motherinlaws birthday, the candle I requested was missing. Coffee and dessert was expensive and cancelled out the bargain $15 prix fix menu. I cannot imagine how this salmon was ever served and as the waiter never inquired as to our satisfaction, we just suffered through it.
- GREAT SPOT!!!Bella4VIPDined on 8/23/2014food was very good authentic Italian food!! Went with a group of 4 and everyone loved what they got!! Service was terrific!! Do not miss!! We will be going back for dinner again and again!!Special Features:
- Service was excellent.FoodyDined on 8/22/2014Found restaurant from open table. Have it a try and was pleasantly surprised how good it was!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLPnJTDined on 8/21/2014Nice authentic Italian that is not too filling and heavy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and comfortable settingHoagieVIPDined on 8/11/2014We had a group of 8 which was accommodated nicely. Everyone enjoyed their dinner selection. Both food and service were great. If you are in the Armonk area, this is a must visit restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShoginDined on 8/4/2014A little pricey for Italian food. We come from Northern New Jersey were good Italian food is plentiful and about 25% lower in price overall. Chef is trying and comes close on most things. I thought the sauce on my clams and pasta special was very tasty, but it was also a bit gritty and too thick. The "egg-roll" special was interesting. Atmosphere and service is above average. One visit is probably insufficient to judge a serious restaurant. I would return and give them another opportunity to wow me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousBellaVIPDined on 7/26/2014The chef created some Awsome entree special! Always a new and delicious choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Order from the nitely specials!foodie4lifeDined on 7/5/2014Homemade giant tortellinis to die for! Luvly sauces & flavors.. will definitely return to dine & try other dishes...Fabulous cappuccino to top off a wonderful meal :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricing Puch BackOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014We found this restaurant through OpenTable whch allowed us to select our party size and time. We arrived and saw a sticker on the front door that stated they were the OpenTable Diner's Choice for 2012. They did not have record of our reservation, made hours earleir, in their book but located it in the computer. I noticed the menu pricing was quite different than their website through OpenTable. Upon question, the burly manager said the difference is only $.50 to $1 when most items were $3-4 higher. All pasta is $22 and the website said $18. He said they have several dinner menus and said OpenTable was not updated. I said you accept their reservations and must accept the pricing and he did. The bill came properly adjusted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perlorDined on 6/19/2014Great neighborhood find. Service was very personable and the food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem in ArmonkUsuallyHungryVIPDined on 6/14/2014Tucked away on old route 22, the crowd of cars outside are a hint to what a nice place this is. This is classic Italian done really well. Creative preparations, really concerned service, and a wine list with a a good selection that is notable for reasonable prices. Very glad to have found it, and looking forward to going back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014We enjoyed our evening- food was very good- wine very good-staff very attentive. The noise level was a little loud.Special Features:
- 2thmanVIPDined on 5/31/2014Great menu and presentation of the food. We usually go to eat at Gavi during the week when it is less crowded. Still an excellent local restaurant.Special Features:
- Slow start but good mealLaurahVIPDined on 5/20/2014We arrived promptly for our reservation at 7:45 on a week night. The place was busy, but not full. We were seated immediately, and then -- waited. It took a long time to get menus, and a longer time to finally place our order. Meanwhile, several other tables were seated nearby, and their orders taken. When the waiter did get to us, he was apologetic, but again, food arrived slowly. We split a salad and had a main course, no dessert, and didn't get out until 10 pm. On the other hand, the food was very tasty; not exciting, but well-prepared, fairly classic Italian food.
- My go-to biz dinner spot in ArmonkOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/20/2014Consistently great food, attentive service, quiet enough to converse, and if you're lucky enough (like we were last week) to get a table on the patio on a warm spring night, it's a lovely place to decompress.Special Features:
- Authentic Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/16/2014The Italian food served at Gavi is the real deal. My marinara sauce was "like mama's" and the pasta cooked "al dente". My tri-color salad was crisp and the salad dressing was nice and light but still full of flavor. My friends ate every bit of the food on their plates and we all agreed the food was delicious. The only down side was the noise level made conversation difficult. We were all busy eating so it was a minor annoyance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 71 reviews are from the Gavi reviews archive.
- ExpensiveraywatVIPDined on 4/25/2014Three people. Three glasses of wine. No desserts. $178 with the tip. It seems rather expensive for their class of restaurants.
- 2thmanVIPDined on 4/19/2014As our usual meeting place, always an outstanding neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:
- good food smart serviceJJ332Dined on 4/10/20142nd time back. I really enjoyed both meals. Great for groups of people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian food andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/6/2014Excellent Italian food and very attentive service. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a disappointingdoctormDined on 3/26/2014i have been a loyal patron for many years and returned after a year and found the menu had changed--a good thing---but the quality of the food preparation had eroded significantly. the Gavi antepasto platter--previously a delightful mixture of high quality and well prepared antepasto--had eroded to low quality calamari, portabello mushrooms that were old and overcooked and a ricotta cheese filled roll that was barely warm. the main dishes of fish were over breaded and the accompanying vegetables were cold. the wait for the food was excessive---a 2.5 hour meal was nearly 1.2 hours waiting for the food to be served.
- Excellent restaurant.RobinDined on 3/22/2014Would definitely go there again. Food and service were excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Family DinnerKASMWernerDined on 3/22/2014We went to Gavi on the recommendation of several friends and were not disappointed. The atmosphere is friendly. The service from our water Ceasar was outstanding. We all enjoyed our food. My wife said it was the best veal dish she had ever had. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- The service, food preparation2thmanVIPDined on 3/18/2014The service, food preparation and fair price make this a good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and excellent serviceJJ332Dined on 3/13/2014I had a reservation for 8 but 9 wound up going to dinner. The staff was extremely accommodating and immediately put us at a larger table. We ordered a round of appetizers and main dishes and all I can say is that the food outstanding and the service very good.Special Features:
- Excellent Italian food atOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/8/2014Excellent Italian food at reasonable prices. Great homemade pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GaviKklein715Dined on 3/1/2014A good local standby Italian restaurant,local crowd celebrating birthdays; noticed a moving red beam of light on my husbands face, and determined it was coming from a table w/a bored child as he entertained himself pointing at the patrons. The food is very good, traditional menu w some specialties. The lamb meatballs were very good, but served warm. Mushroom Risotto - very good, but 2 much as a dinner - better as a 1/2 portion. Waitstaff were 2 fast, standing around the table etc., but then let us sit with empty wine glasses, never asked us if we would like a 2nd. The noise level is loud w a slight beating sound of music in the background that you cant really distinguishSpecial Features:
- Linguine vongole wasn't greatlilyVIPDined on 1/10/2014Linguine vongole wasn't great but everyone else enjoyed their meals.I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful find!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/10/2013excellent food, great service! a quiet Gem secluded away. will definitely come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent find!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/18/2013Found this restaurant by accident and had a wonderful meal and wonderful time with friends. Staff was very accommodating. Went back recently hoping that our first visit was not just a fluke and we were not disappointed. Everything was great again!!! Gavi will definitely be a mainstay for us. Love it!Special Features:
- Nice place. Went early onNnoonan10VIPDined on 11/2/2013Nice place. Went early on a Saturday so it was quiet. Food was good bee will definitely return again.Special Features:
- Nothing specialPatinaLaStradaVIPDined on 9/29/2013Our experience was fine but not special. Nice food, okay environment, easy parking (possibly because the restaurant was not that busy on a Sunday evening.) I did enjoy the appetizer of sautéed shrimp and artichokes. Salmon entrée on spinach was good as was Tiramisu dessert. Guess I was expecting more.
- Nice EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2013We had a nice evening at Gavi. My meal was good, not great . I would like to go back and try different dishes. My husbands meal was very light and flavorful and mine was a little heavy . The service was good but rushed. It was a busy night and the waiters seemed under a lot of pressure which made it hard to relax when they came by.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner.SnowmanDined on 9/14/2013My wife and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary, We decided to try Gavi, upon our arrival we were greeted by the staff in a friendly mannor, Anthony our waiter escorted us to our table. He brought us our drinks and proceeded to tell us about the specials that were available that evening, Anthony was knowledgeable about specials and the menu selections. While waiting for appitizers, they brought a mixed bread basket and a small bowl of mixed beans, which was a nice added touch. We both had the veal chop with broccoli rabe and roasted potatoes which was prepared to our satisfaction. With the tables close proximity of each other, We had to speak in a low tone, so other tables would not hear out conversation. Overall was a great night,Special Features:
- a gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2013great food; excellent service and the comfort of a neighborhood restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had the deep fried lobster....unbelTeriDined on 8/29/2013Had the deep fried lobster....unbelievable delicious!Special Features:
- Outstanding menu was complimentedtheGrand1Dined on 8/26/2013Outstanding menu was complimented by equally outstanding specials. Authentic Italian food with friendly efficient service characterizes Gavi. I'll be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food--Great Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/3/2013My first time at Gavi's and I was very impressed. From the attentive staff to the outstanding quality of the food, the experience was excellent. Loved the mix of chickpeas, lentils and black bean that came with our basket of fresh warm breads. We shared the mussels appetizer--delicious! Entrees were cooked beautifully--my husband had the filet mignon and I had the veal capricciosa--I ordered the veal grilled instead of breaded and it was perfect--especially since I planned on having dessert! The desserts are not to be missed--my husband's piece of almond raspberry cake was enormous and so light and fresh. I had the hazelnut gelato and I felt like I was in Rome. Overall an outstanding experience. We will definitely be back often!Special Features:
- attentionpickyDined on 8/2/2013The restaurant is overall good the wait staff should be more knowledgeable in the contents of the specials and it would be nice if sIlverware had fbeen on the table when we sat down but the food is very palatable overall more attention to the guests more attention to detailSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.