135 N Maryland Ave
Glendale, CA 91206Neighborhood:
BrazilianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.gauchosbarandgrill.com/
- Phone: (818) 550-1430
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Mediterranean, Brazilian
- Executive Chef: Kevin Aksacki
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Gauchos Bar and Grill offers catering for large and small pariies. We will bring Brazil to you.
- Private Party Facilities: We close restaurants for parties of 180 guests and more.
- Private Party Contact: Areta Holish 8185501430x
- Entertainment: Live Samba Show every Friday and Saturday night(Some Holliday included). Dj’s Friday and Saturday night at the Gauchos Lounge.
A word from Gaucho's Village
Gaucho's Village is an authentic Brazilian Steakhouse. We are all you can restaurant with large selection of homemade hot dishes and salads. 15 different cuts of BBQ meat prepared on wood fire grill, and served at your table site. Join us for the exciting night of dinner and entertainment unique only to us, live Samba Show every Fridays and Saturdays night. We are also happy to present new addition to Gaucho's Village - Gauchos Lounge, place to relax and enjoy drinks and Hookahs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Gaucho's Village - Best Restaurants in Glendale ›
Gaucho's Village reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (16)special occasion (14)fit for foodies (11)hot spot (9)great for lunch (8)neighborhood gem (6)kid-friendly (5)romantic (4)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (3)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Great ExperienceLASportsNutDined on 11/17/2014Great experience and meal. I recommend this location for meat lovers. Lot of meat served at the table. Nice wine list too. Recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodtweetyDined on 11/15/2014The food is great and the carvers are very friendly and helpful. The side dishes are not too overwhelming, but all very tasty. My biggest problem with this place was that my stomach couldn't fit more. The parmesan pork and the bacon wrapped filet mignon were my favorite cuts of meat. I went for dinner, but missed the show. I wasn't sure if it would have been appropriate for my child.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SIX STARSPicanhaVIPDined on 11/14/2014Just the greeting at the door is what lets you know it will be a great experience. If you have never been here before, you will probably get an urge to take pictures of the buffet because it looks that good. From the greens to the rice and beans, keep going and find more delicious foods. Dont forget to grab the "pão de queijo" cheese bread on the left side of the buffet. *HINT take back an empty plate with you to the table, use that for the MEAT DELIVERIES. The different types of meat and the way they're brought out amazes me every time, I'm like a kid at a candy store. I just want to try all there is. Have you had "Chicken hearts" before? Done by special request only; add a little farofa to these and YUMM! So Good. Don't forget to ask for the grilled pineapple, yes! GRILLED PINEAPPLE (lightly sprinkled with sugar and cinnamon). it's not for dessert, it's for you to eat with your meats, I like to pair my Picanha bite with some pineapple. Try it, your taste buds will love you for doing that. The exceptional service from each and every person that took care of our table, the foods, the smiles, the whole experience: SIX STARS! This is why I keep coming back for more. OBRIGADO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful RestaurantCintronDined on 11/8/2014Nice buffet, with unlimited portions of lamb, beef and chicken, as well as fruit bought to your table by the Gauchos ! The ambiance is so much fun with the beautiful Samba Dancers and music playing throughout the restaurant. The Samba girls allow you to take pictures with them and they are so full of energy and lots of fun! The service is the best! Everyone is so friendly and helpful, without you asking!Special Features:
- Juicy & HeartyDunesDined on 11/7/2014Loooooveeeeed the food- the meat was juicy, hearty and delicious. Excellent service. Great ambiance.Special Features:
- AwesomeLiseannVIPDined on 11/5/2014The servers were attentive and we never wanted for anything. Delicious dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AndrewDined on 11/1/2014Best meat at any Brazilian steakhouse! Really loud though.Special Features:
- good not greatLAGirlDined on 10/28/2014My boyfriend and I went for his birthday on a Tuesday. The place was empty which we liked since we pretty much had the dining room to ourselves. The food was good but I've had better Brazilian bbq. The garlic steak, typically my favorite was a let down. The meat was tough and had a lot of fat. Picanha was great though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy, Casual, FriendlySayingGraceDined on 10/23/2014Between the classy, yet casual, wood detailing and natural lighting, this is one of the most attractive steakhouses I've been to. If you grab the right table, you can see the meats cooked to perfection over flames in the kitchen. Not only were the steak and wine options seemingly endless, but the service was truly wonderful. Our server, William, was attentive, kind and helpful. I, not an avid meat eater, found filling lunch options at the salad bar and hot buffet (potatoes, steamed veggies, etc.) while my date VERY thoroughly enjoyed his birthday surprise of the parade of steak. The Pichana was his favorite, I believe. Overall, it was a very pleasant find, and I got major girlfriend points for discovering it. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceYummyDined on 10/18/2014First time at this restaurant. At first service was slow. Asked for water and had to wait a while, even though there were only a handful of customers. But then food started coming in quickly. Maybe even too quickly between soup or salad, and then main meal was served even before soup/salad was finished. But being that we had to leave by a certain time to catch a concert at the Greek Theater it turned out well that this happened. Normally I would have wanted a little space in between foods. Chicken soup was absolutely delicious! Next time I'll order a larger portion. My top sirloin was just okay. But wife had Picanha (top sirloin) that was very good. Next time I will order it for myself 'cause it's only $2 dollars more and worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brazilian churrascaria on a budgetPhilUsherDined on 10/17/2014$35 per head (inc tip) for Brazillian churrascaria is fair value [Lunch]. Having experienced churrascaria in several countries and differing price points I really wasn't sure what to expect form Gaucho's. Perhaps my expectations were low but I found it a pleasant surprise, good service, good quality. No lamb served for lunch which was a minor disappointment but I shall return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just over priced dinner for nothingNoNameVIPDined on 10/4/2014This place moved to new location and I stop by to give it another chance but No nothing has changed Whole furniture and restaurant them looks out dated, they just brought every thing from other location no update at all They charge $39.99 per person which is a lot but they don't bring those BBQ on time, some times I had to wait 15 minutes for next round, as long as I have green up they should keep bringing my BBQ but I sat there over one hour and hardy been served 6 times, They make their desert and leave it in refrigerator in front of the customer, at least pretend you are making it Brazilian samba dance lasted only 10 min Waiter was great and his service was good, that was only outstanding thing about this placeSpecial Features:
- Eat until you hate yourselfFishbone10Dined on 10/3/2014The quality of the food is acceptable but Friday and Saturday night be ready for samba music and dancers at ear shattering volume levels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE BEST !!!OldSchoolDined on 10/3/2014Lunch on Friday, October 3rd This restaurant is just simply the best! The new location is wonderful. The staff and the food make this such a great experience. There is never any feeling of being rushed. I cannot wait to go back :-)Special Features:
- foodjnkyDined on 9/27/2014The new location is nice, the service is excellent and the food is AMAIZING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Comeback! New Location!PicanhaVIPDined on 9/25/2014Thank you Gaucho's Village for opening your doors again! I served myself some salad yesterday, I hadn't seen it on the buffet before..... but I am sure glad I put that on my plate. DELICIOUS greens and so much to choose from. The meats are always delicious, I love eating Picanha and grilled pineapple. Has anyone placed these two things in their mouth? TRY IT! you will want to come back for more. OBRIGADO KEVIN!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scrumptious1foodmaniacVIPDined on 9/24/2014Gaucho's Village just reopened in its new location! The food was great and the meats cooked to perfection! We had at least nine different meats while there. The pao de quejo was excellent, as was the pichana! Can't wait to visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected moreOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014Serving only 6-7 type of meat does come close to any Brazilian restaurant I've been to. I would not recommend this one. Really disappointed.
- brazilian hot spotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/3/2014The buffet was outstanding. The waiters bring the meat to your table and cut it.Special Features:
- The following 93 reviews are from the Gaucho's Village reviews archive.
- ServicehaileoDined on 7/25/2014The waiters took longer than usual to bring us the meats. The Zamba dancers were nor as lively as past visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will not eat here anymoreLocalresidentDined on 7/23/2014This is not my first time here. The Buffett had fruit flies flying around the salad the restaurant had a funky smell when we first walked in. The place is a nightclub bar dancehall first and a restaurant second. It is that kind of place when you open a bar in the daytime and you smell stale alcohol on the floor. It stinks and is a dingy dark environment. The service from the guys that bring the meat is good but the manager is not compassionate. Had an issue with corkage fee. Brought a bottle of domperignon after I had called and asked what corkage fee was I was told $15. When I got there they said it was dependent on the bottle something they did not mention on the phone. Total bait and switch they are total rip off artists.
- Worse Fathers Day EVER!pureDined on 6/15/2014So I have been going since they opened about 10-12yrs? ago. Never had a bad experience like this before. We arrived a party of 4 on time, sat down & had to wait about 15mins until our waitress even came, ordered drinks and went to the salad buffet,had to wait another 30mins until our drinks came while no meat even came during this time! Next 15mins all we got was COLD sausage & tri-tip offered to us about 3 times. Complained to the server & hostess & still nothing,about 30mins later after full from salad we started getting warm other meats. Complained to the manager & seemed he didn't care, gave us a lousy $10 each off (so back to regular not overpriced for fathers day) for meat we didn't even get!
- Dissapointing Fathers's DayTerribleDined on 6/15/2014We drive a long ways to come here on special occasions and was upset that they handed out the regular menus for lunch which we ordered from. We ate which was good as usual however when the check arrived our bill was a $75 lunch for one all you can eat, one salad bar and two sodas. So they jacked the rates up for Father's day $39.95 for my all you can eat Churrasco which was $10 more than usual but the real kicker is my wife just got the salad bar and hot buffet AND THEY CHARGED US $29.95 for that which is $15.95 on the menu they gave us! When my wife asked the blonde woman running the show she said well we posted it online! Well sorry but you need to put out another menu if you are going to double the price on stuff. Won't be back!
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014Waitress took a long time to come. We ate the food from salad bar, meats were no show until I went to ask three times. It wasn't packed. No excuse for the lousy service.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014we wished the dancers danced longer, we wanted to experience the whole thing. got there at 9:15 and they were just finishing dancing. this was the only day and time we could go because we were on vacation, saw it on the travel channel. the food was good, and they did keep on bringing the meat around like they said. we were stuffed before we left. the lamb and Brazilian steak was the best.Special Features:
- Great food, but expensiveLovemeatDined on 5/17/2014The food is amazing. I love steak and beef and the BBQ is incomparable. All that beef literally made me more of a man. I felt my testosterone increase every time they brought new food out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!CaliPrincess18Dined on 5/3/2014The food itself was amazing. There were so many different variety of meats and hot dishes. Also the entertainment was very enjoyable. Everyone was having a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very interestingsmockDined on 4/21/2014We were visiting the L.A. area from Ohio and had a wonderful meal. The idea was so interesting and the food was VERY Good we would definitely go back againSpecial Features:
- Awesome ChurrascariaunderdressedDined on 4/6/2014We went for lunch and I had somewhat low expectations because of the low price. I was impressed as were my entire group. The food was cooked fantastically and the service was constant, polite, and friendly. The menu was somewhat limited, but that is normal for Brazilian Barbecues during lunch hours. The inside of the restaurant has an interesting look with visible brick and rafters. It's quite nice, though the tables are a bit close together. Overall, I would recommend Gaucho's Village to everyone, especially meat-lovers. We will be returning again and again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome placePeterVDined on 4/1/2014I've been to Gaucho's Village a few times before. This place is great! The food never ceases to impress me. I brought my little brother here for the first time for his Birthday and he loved it! We even took food to-go! I definitely will be coming back. our server William did a nice job at explaining how the experience works to my aunt and uncle since it was their first time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ima go againSOdelicious1Dined on 3/22/2014place was awesome, enjoyed the food, can't wait to go back, a little pricey but i can see why it is, food was so worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DineonaDimeDineonaDimeDined on 3/7/2014Great location for dinner and socializing with friends. Great food and ambiance. Service was excellent and all the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- alitlle LazyPedroDined on 3/1/2014To begin with. I had reservations for 8:30pm so apon arrival I decided to get valet parking thinking it would cost me a few bucks. Turned out it was 10$ plus another 5$ that I tipped that guy so it ended up costing me 15$. Alittle steep for valet I think. But to go on so me and my date walk in to a empty host box. We waited about 10 mins as alittle crowd began to form and as soon as she came back it took about another 10mins for her to seat us. No big deal but we waited a bit to be attended to so we grab a drink at the bar. The food is amazing and the shows they have on the weekend are fun to watch. Overall it was a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treat your taste buds.PicanhaVIPDined on 3/1/2014Are you a beer drinker? Brahma and Xingu are a MUST TRY! and don't forget to try the amazing CAIPIRINHAS. You have to appreciate meat for its taste, every cut has a different condiment and it makes your mouth water everytime. PICANHA is the cut you will love, try it with some of that grilled pineapple... you will want more and more. Thank you for the wonderful food and service, I keep coming back for a reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buen ambiente....ari1973Dined on 2/16/2014Buena comida y abundante,servicio rapido,cordial,recomiendo.Ambiente estupendo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingcarlosDined on 2/15/2014Delicious food awesome atmosphere ,brazilian dance, best brazilian drinks ,great place recommendedSpecial Features:
- Valentines Day Success!!!AlvaroDined on 2/14/2014My first valentines dinner with new fiance was a success! she was so impressed with every little detail. The food GREAT! , ambiance outstanding, staff completely in control a midst, what can appear chaos. A restaurant with a PULSE! & flavors to compliment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My valentines day dinnerVelvetDined on 2/14/2014I had been wanting to visit this restaurant for over a year and honestly I've been missing out. I had a great experience and the food was great. The service was lacking a bit I understand it was a special occasion so I understood! Overall my experience was great and I will definitely be coming back! (:Special Features:
- Valentines DaytooGoodDined on 2/14/2014Been to Gaucho Village before. The quality of food is great. Only complain was it was beyond full and service was not to great but all because it was Valentines day over all if you come in on a regular day I'll give this place 10/10Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service....MaybeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/13/2014Food was great, restrooms clean, area very nice, but the waiters/waitresses not friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.