1 North Broadway
White Plains, NY 10601Neighborhood:
ArgentineanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.gauchogrillnewyork.com/
- Phone: (914) 437-9966
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Argentinean, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Angelo Magno
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining to accomodate your special event needs
- Special Events: Please call Gaucho Grill when planning your next event.
- Cross Street: Between Main Street and Hamilton Avenue
- Public Transit: Bee-line Bus System stops at North Broadway and Main Street (1 minute walk to restaurant).
Only a ten minute walk from the Metro North Railroad Station (White Plains stop available local and express).
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Gaucho Grill offers daily complimentary valet service.
A word from Gaucho Grill
Gaucho Grill Argentinean Steakhouse offers a combination of South American fare with an Italian influence that introduces guests to an unforgettable melody of flavors. Located in the heart of White Plains, with complementary valet parking, your dining experience is sure to be an unforgettable one.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gaucho Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (67)fit for foodies (62)good for groups (61)neighborhood gem (41)romantic (39)hot spot (29)notable wine list (28)vibrant bar scene (26)great for lunch (18)great for outdoor dining (17)late-night find (14)great for brunch (10)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Fun Saturday NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014I have eaten at Gaucho Grill twice. On both occasions the menu is yummy (I recommend the Fig and Chorizo appetizer) and presented in a nice way. Salads are creative and the steaks are prepared nicely. The main dining room is on the louder side, so if you are looking for something intimate, this is not the place. If going out with some friends…this is always a good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemAdamsVIPDined on 11/14/2014You are treated very special when you eat here. Friendly staff who cater to your needs coupled with excellent food. We will be going back again and again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Very GoodAlanVIPDined on 11/13/2014This is one of our "go-to" White Plains restaurants. The Argentinian style food is well prepared and of high quality. But, why would a restaurant seeking to attract new clients during Restaurant Week, serve smaller portions and select cheaper menu items to put on the reduced price menu. No way to attract new customers. We came with a couple who had never eaten there before and they said they would not return again. Bad business decision.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Choice for lunch or dinnerPastajoeDined on 11/13/2014We've been to Gaucho Grill three times and it is consistently great. The steaks are perfectly cooked and the seafood is nicely done also. The service is outstanding. This is a perfect place for a business meal too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Love Gaucho BUTOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/12/2014- the private room where we were seated this time is great for parties but a bit claustrophobic and noisy for private tables. Plus you lose the open and convivial atmosphere of the restaurant - for the second time, every wine tried to order was out of stock. Please update the wine list. Our waiter was frustrated as were we. - instead of restaurant week menus we were all given (except for one person) a menu from a private event. It took two tries by the waiter and a conversation with the hostess to get the right menus. Again, frustrating, as it delayed our ordering by about 15 minutes. But the food was worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A restaurant that will appeal to manyFoodGoddessDined on 11/12/2014We went to Gaucho Grill during Restaurant Week. From appetizer to dessert, the food was very flavorful with a pleasing presentation. The staff was friendly and attentive. We were seated right away, but throughout the dinner never felt rushed. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- juliDined on 11/12/20144 of us had a wonderful dinner during rest week...the food was great the service was great....my second time here and one time was not during rest week but the food, service and ambience were all the same..that is a very important compliment...the restaurant is beautiful.really enjoyed everything..will go back often....our server carlos was wonderful too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly elegantflo5sDined on 11/11/2014The food was excellent, would have liked to see more meat entrees that speak to its Argentinian heritage, such as a grill platter of various items. The wait staff needs to be more attentive so that diners do not have to search for them.Special Features:
- More than expectedJodieDined on 11/11/2014For restaurant week we decided to try something different and Gaucho Grill was a nice surprize. The price fixe options were perfect and I really enjoyed my flat iron steak it was cooked to perfection and melted in my mouth.Special Features:
- Great GemMEMTDined on 11/10/2014Great little place in White Plains - helps to have free valet. Food was great and though i didnt have drinks - menu for drinks looked good.Special Features:
- They can cook a steak!!Tablefor2Dined on 11/8/2014Ordered the skirt steak. Absolutely amazing. Looked exactly to perfection. Very fresh ingredients, very quick service. Ordered the Chicken empanadas for appetizer, the est empanadas I've ever had. 5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentShutterbugDined on 11/6/2014Gaucho Grill bills itself as an Argentinian Steakhouse, but in fact it is much more. A variety of dishes of all types fills their huge menu, leaving no palate unsatisfied. Seasonal salads, soups and other appetizers prepare you for well executed main dishes of meat, fish, or poultry. Innovative side dishes including a warm quinoa mix, plantains, and others complement your meal perfectly. The pumpkin gelato was flavorful without being overly sweet.Special Features:
- Consistently very goodmrh1569Dined on 11/6/2014My wife and I have been to Gaucho many times and it is consistently very good. Very pretty room, excellent service and some creative options. Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014We enjoyed the food and the menu. We shared the eggplant Pisa and the stuffed peppers then had the skirt steal w/ potatos onion and peppers. Dessert was great too Tres leches Wine also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurantarnaldovDined on 11/4/2014The service was great, the food was very good. We were all satisfied with what we order and had a good time. Will definitely come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently wonderful!RoRoVIPDined on 11/1/2014We invited friends to join us at Gaucho Grill. They had never dined there before. We were so delighted when our friends thought the food at GG was good as we said it was. They said they would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JessicaDined on 10/25/2014Food and service were good. Lots of variety on the menu and all the drinks sound very appealing. Price range is slightly above average but good for a special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mamaroneckDined on 10/4/2014My blackened tuna dish was excellent, but my husband was unhappy with his Churrasco steak because the meat was only fair and the only accompanying vegetable, potato, was dry, hard, and cold. The presentation of his dish was disappointing. The Malbec wine was excellent.Special Features:
- Very nice experienceWestchesterFoodieDined on 10/3/2014This is my 5th time at this restaurant and I have enjoyed each visit. Three times I have just gone to the bar and had the grilled octopus and a drink and twice for dinner. I missed the veal dish that they used to serve but I did enjoy my meal. Luis the waiter was exceptional, with a great personality and he knows how to treat his customers!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must goNef7308Dined on 9/28/2014The service was amazing they make you feel very special there.they did not make us feel like we were rushed.The waiter made excellent recommendations on the food as well as the drinks. If you are a steak lover this is definitely the place to go!Special Features:
- Blah food - Too crowdedYummyVIPDined on 9/27/2014Not sure why people are flocking to this place. I have been here three times (not by choice) and always hopeful for a tasty meal. The food is boring. Always too crowded and VERY LOUD!
- A FATAL FLAWRestaurantGuyVIPDined on 9/26/2014I have eaten here 3x. My most recent time, I experienced something horrible and sad. I ordered the pork chop valdostana for $28. When they brought it to me, it did not look like a pork chop, but I figured, what the heck, maybe the chef got creative. As I took my first bites, I realized it was NOT a pork chop at all. It was some sort of PROCESSED, FAKE concoction. It had a spongy consistency, like it came frozen from a vendor and all they had to do was heat it up. It had a bone sticking out of a side, even a pork bone, but a chicken bone put there to "FOOL" the eater. I was shocked. Not what you expect from a "real" restaurant. It's sad an otherwise nice restaurant would stoop so low just to increase their profits. How dare they!
- Great choice in White PlainsPastajoeDined on 9/24/2014We had the steak which is terrific. Attentive service. Perfect for a business lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fresh food cooked to orderJaneteb2beachVIPDined on 9/14/2014Had two great experiences here. Very diversified menu. We tried different dishes and all good and cooked to order. Great service and very nice ambience. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrenchbeautychefDined on 9/13/2014great diner, we enjoyed the quality of the meats, such as the churrasco and hanger steak, and the desserts. Service was friendly and prompt. The porter house was very tender but my husband did not enjoy the seasoning and the meat had come apart in 2 pieces during grilling, not thick enough. He was very pleased by his surprise BDay cake, a delicious tres leches, on the house, very nice touch. I shared a ceviche and churrasco with my 10y old daughter which was enough for both of us. A few things could be improved :the side mash potatoes was cold, and not a great combination with the lobster, the bread is below par. Our favorite wine, Chateauneuf du pape Mt Redon was not in stock but we had a nice Chilean pinot noir instead. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome restaurantstamford79Dined on 9/13/2014everytime I go to this restaurant, I always have a good time. the service is good the food is taste.Special Features:
- Poor foodAlexVIPDined on 9/11/2014This fancy pricy restaurant served massive proportions of poorly prepared food. The Gaucho steak sandwich was literally 6" high. The only way to eat it was to take it all apart. The steak was very tough. The fries were big and soggy.
- Extended lunchtoasVIPDined on 9/11/2014It was the second time we had a longer lunch at the Gaucho Grill. Food was good at a reasonable price (lunch menu).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food, moderately pricedGreatsteakVIPDined on 9/5/2014Great selection of food, wine, coffees and desserts. Well priced for the level of food quality and serviceSpecial Features:
- DeliciousGerriDined on 8/16/2014We arrived at 7:50 for an 8:00 p.m. reservation. We were seated right away. The waiters were very nice, everyone had a smile on his face, and the food was delicious. I actually ordered an Italian dish; cavatelli with sausage and broccoli rabe. It was really very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as usual!NomNomNomDined on 8/9/2014I love Gaucho's menu. When the plates arrive, they never disappoint in presentation, nor in taste! Every dish at our table was gobbled up. The servers are kind. Their speed was not as quick as usual, but we weren't in any bit of a rush so it was fine. I always come back to gaucho and highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Progressive" dinnerMaeve507Dined on 8/9/2014The ambiance was lovely and the wine list impressive. Unfortunately, this restaurant is severely understaffed, both in the kitchen and with respect to wait staff. The lamb chops ordered "rare to medium rare" arrived well done, and the potatoes did not arrive until 25 minutes after the overcooked meat was served. Waiter seemed familiar with these delays. We witnessed one middle-aged waiter literally running back and forth to the kitchen. It is a shame that the management does not invest in the proper ratio of wait staff to patrons. We will not be returning, although we were offered a free coffee for the inconvenience of waiting over an hour to eat lamb without the accompanying side dish. Not what a $200 meal should be.
- Lovely EveningRoRoVIPDined on 7/31/2014Invited friends out for dinner to Gaucho Grill. They had never been there before and enjoyed it immensely. Our food was delicious, service was great and the ambience lovely. I think they will return to Gaucho as we have since it opened.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 394 reviews are from the Gaucho Grill reviews archive.
- Outstanding dining experienceWestchesterPeachVIPDined on 7/26/2014Great selection for meat eaters with plenty of vegetarian options, including pastas w/o meat if requested. Exceptional wines including Malbecs, perfect portions of exquisite desserts. From the cheerful valets and welcoming hosts, the service couldn't have been better. Looking forward to returning ASAP. What a find!Special Features:
- Excellent.FoodiefromupstateDined on 7/18/2014Great service, loved the music, Argentinean Paella was fabulous. Don't miss the empanadas! Try asking for one of each. Good specialsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best ServicesrosecappyVIPDined on 7/18/2014The food is always outstanding and the services is number 1 in Westchester. I had the Tilapia that has vodka sauce over spinach on it andit was unbelievable worth a trip just for that dishSpecial Features:
- early friday nightPhilbethVIPDined on 7/18/2014We arrived early so restaurant was quite quiet. New York Strip was sublime, salmon was very tasty but somewhat oversauced; friends had chicken which they enjoyed. Service was very good and they were concerned about getting us out since we had a show to attend. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Good food, a little too noisyDrKayDined on 7/5/2014Food is good, but expensive. Service good, but should be better for the price. Disappointed about the noise level, especially after we specifically asked for the back room to celebrate our anniversary. We were told that it wasn't busy enough for them to use the back room. Clearly, it was packed, as the noise level was deafening! Not very romantic, as we had hoped and been told. Incidentally, the maitre d even wished us a happy anniversary, both entering and leaving the restaurant, yet nothing at all was done by the restaurant -- no candle, dessert, nothing. Unfortunate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit or miss?GrouchoVIPDined on 7/4/2014We have been here several times before and enjoyed it. On our most recent visit things were different. Ordered caipirinhas, got drinks that had sour mix in them. That is just plain wrong. Table was crooked and leaning to one side, waiter tried to fix it and things nearly slid off the table. Ordered the grilled shrimp. For $32 I would expect more than 4 not so big shrimp that were a bit overcooked and bland. I received an entire head of broccoli rabe with it which was a bit unappetizing. Maybe their best staff were all away for the holiday. Not sure if I'll be back again, will have to think about it. On the positive side, staff are very friendly and the food we had on previous visits was very good.
- Definately would go againDickDined on 6/30/2014My first visit and a good find for business dinners. We ate outside and while on a busy street, the traffic noise was not noticeable. The seating area is spacious with a nice view. The wait staff was attentive and friendly. We all had steaks which were done nicely. Save room for dessert - the crepes with ice cream were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.