1 North Broadway
White Plains, NY 10601Neighborhood:
ArgentineanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.gauchogrillnewyork.com/
- Phone: 914-437-9966
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Argentinean, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Angelo Magno
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining to accomodate your special event needs
- Special Events: Please call Gaucho Grill when planning your next event.
- Cross Street: Between Main Street and Hamilton Avenue
- Public Transit: Bee-line Bus System stops at North Broadway and Main Street (1 minute walk to restaurant).
Only a ten minute walk from the Metro North Railroad Station (White Plains stop available local and express).
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Gaucho Grill offers daily complimentary valet service.
A word from Gaucho Grill
Gaucho Grill Argentinean Steakhouse offers a combination of South American fare with an Italian influence that introduces guests to an unforgettable melody of flavors. Located in the heart of White Plains, with complementary valet parking, your dining experience is sure to be an unforgettable one.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gaucho Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (52)good for groups (44)fit for foodies (39)romantic (32)neighborhood gem (28)great for outdoor dining (25)hot spot (19)notable wine list (16)vibrant bar scene (14)great for brunch (12)late-night find (12)great for lunch (11)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (1)Show More
- DeliciousGerriDined on 8/16/2014We arrived at 7:50 for an 8:00 p.m. reservation. We were seated right away. The waiters were very nice, everyone had a smile on his face, and the food was delicious. I actually ordered an Italian dish; cavatelli with sausage and broccoli rabe. It was really very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as usual!NomNomNomDined on 8/9/2014I love Gaucho's menu. When the plates arrive, they never disappoint in presentation, nor in taste! Every dish at our table was gobbled up. The servers are kind. Their speed was not as quick as usual, but we weren't in any bit of a rush so it was fine. I always come back to gaucho and highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Progressive" dinnerMaeve507Dined on 8/9/2014The ambiance was lovely and the wine list impressive. Unfortunately, this restaurant is severely understaffed, both in the kitchen and with respect to wait staff. The lamb chops ordered "rare to medium rare" arrived well done, and the potatoes did not arrive until 25 minutes after the overcooked meat was served. Waiter seemed familiar with these delays. We witnessed one middle-aged waiter literally running back and forth to the kitchen. It is a shame that the management does not invest in the proper ratio of wait staff to patrons. We will not be returning, although we were offered a free coffee for the inconvenience of waiting over an hour to eat lamb without the accompanying side dish. Not what a $200 meal should be.
- Lovely EveningRoRoVIPDined on 7/31/2014Invited friends out for dinner to Gaucho Grill. They had never been there before and enjoyed it immensely. Our food was delicious, service was great and the ambience lovely. I think they will return to Gaucho as we have since it opened.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding dining experienceWestchesterPeachDined on 7/26/2014Great selection for meat eaters with plenty of vegetarian options, including pastas w/o meat if requested. Exceptional wines including Malbecs, perfect portions of exquisite desserts. From the cheerful valets and welcoming hosts, the service couldn't have been better. Looking forward to returning ASAP. What a find!Special Features:
- Excellent.FoodiefromupstateDined on 7/18/2014Great service, loved the music, Argentinean Paella was fabulous. Don't miss the empanadas! Try asking for one of each. Good specialsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best ServicesrosecappyDined on 7/18/2014The food is always outstanding and the services is number 1 in Westchester. I had the Tilapia that has vodka sauce over spinach on it andit was unbelievable worth a trip just for that dishSpecial Features:
- early friday nightPhilbethVIPDined on 7/18/2014We arrived early so restaurant was quite quiet. New York Strip was sublime, salmon was very tasty but somewhat oversauced; friends had chicken which they enjoyed. Service was very good and they were concerned about getting us out since we had a show to attend. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Good food, a little too noisyDrKayDined on 7/5/2014Food is good, but expensive. Service good, but should be better for the price. Disappointed about the noise level, especially after we specifically asked for the back room to celebrate our anniversary. We were told that it wasn't busy enough for them to use the back room. Clearly, it was packed, as the noise level was deafening! Not very romantic, as we had hoped and been told. Incidentally, the maitre d even wished us a happy anniversary, both entering and leaving the restaurant, yet nothing at all was done by the restaurant -- no candle, dessert, nothing. Unfortunate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit or miss?GrouchoVIPDined on 7/4/2014We have been here several times before and enjoyed it. On our most recent visit things were different. Ordered caipirinhas, got drinks that had sour mix in them. That is just plain wrong. Table was crooked and leaning to one side, waiter tried to fix it and things nearly slid off the table. Ordered the grilled shrimp. For $32 I would expect more than 4 not so big shrimp that were a bit overcooked and bland. I received an entire head of broccoli rabe with it which was a bit unappetizing. Maybe their best staff were all away for the holiday. Not sure if I'll be back again, will have to think about it. On the positive side, staff are very friendly and the food we had on previous visits was very good.
- Definately would go againDickDined on 6/30/2014My first visit and a good find for business dinners. We ate outside and while on a busy street, the traffic noise was not noticeable. The seating area is spacious with a nice view. The wait staff was attentive and friendly. We all had steaks which were done nicely. Save room for dessert - the crepes with ice cream were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome spot with definitely returncityredDined on 6/28/2014Fantastic food and great location. Only problem was the wait staff was a little slow to return to the table and ensure nothing was needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- janettDined on 6/25/2014I HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO ENJOY A LOVELY DINNER WITH MY FAMILY ON MY BIRTHDAY. ALL WAS PERFECT!! I WILL BACK TO THE RESTAURANT FOR FUTURE CELEBRATIONS.!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant atmosphere & foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014Restaurant is quite large, offering many different rooms. The food was tasty, but not exceptional. One of my party had to send their food back as it wasn't cooked as well as he requested. The dish I ordered was supposed to come with broccoli rabe -- that's what the menu said, so I was upset when it came out with sauted spinach. When I questioned the waiter, he offered to get me the broccoli rabe. We were worried we'd be charged a side dish fee, but thankfully, we were not. When our party was seated in the main dining room, I noticed 2 large tables set up for large parties next to us. Big mistake. One party was very noisy. We should have asked to be moved. A party of 10 should be in a separate room. They detracted from our enjoyment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and great foodLuibmw07Dined on 6/11/2014Celebrated my father's birthday and had a great time with outstanding service and delicious food. Highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulDrKayDined on 5/31/2014Wonderful evening with family. Food and service excellent. If you want a quieter experience, ask for the back room. Low key, nice music. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful empanadasdogownerVIPDined on 5/26/2014This was our second visit to Gaucho Grill. As is often the case, we preferred it the first time. We had beef empanadas for the appetizer and they were wonderful. However, our main courses (cowboy steak and grilled shrimp) were good but nothing special. Flan for dessert was excellent as was the sangria.
- Came backlomayDined on 5/26/2014Better then the first time. Great veal valdostana special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FavoriteEatgoodDined on 5/21/2014This restaurant is one of our favorites and never disappointing. My husband rates their steak above the pricier Westchester steakhouses. My choice, seafood is prepared to perfection and the service is extremely attentive. Wine list is affordable with good selections. We highly recommend this gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENTBella4VIPDined on 5/21/2014Food was excellent and the service was the best!! Would HIGHLY recommend!!Special Features:
- Better than I expected.jazzcocktailsDined on 5/17/2014For appetizers we had the pear berry salad, the grilled octopus and lobster quesadilla. These were all good - the dressing on the salad was excellent, the lobster quesadilla featured nice chunks of homard and avocado, but the killer was the tender and savory octopus. A special pork shank was large and savory, over fregola, The parillada was a plentiful portion of skirt steak, what I thought was flatiron steak, a thin Italian sausage and a pork filet, piled over baked potato logs. The skirt steak was the best I have ever had. The chimichurri was a bit on the bland side. The loser was seafood risotto, a nice portion of well seasoned rice with strips of chewy calamari, mussels, shrimp and clams but as my wife put it, "nothing special."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in White PlainsDavidDined on 5/15/2014Food and service were excellent. Steaks were first rate, prepared and cooked perfectly. A bit pricey, but there are some less expensive items on the menu. Great for business or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A1 dining experienceDexwoodVIPDined on 5/12/2014This is actually one of my favorite restaurants in NYC. I seem to dine here at least once on every trip. You must have the stuff lobster. The tuna and lamb chops are good too. Just writing this has my mouth watering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwfulRoryDined on 5/11/2014Basically we walked out as the waiter as completely rude, as was the manager. how they do business is beyond me. I felt bad for the extremely nice hostess who was the only apologetic person on staff
- Going down hill very fastAllanVIPDined on 5/11/2014Had to asked 3 times for table to be set up poor service and food from there on
- incrediblembwpguyDined on 5/11/2014What an unbelievable place...food was incredible..service fabulous. Wine selection amazing. I can go on and on about gaucho grill, and probably never find the proper words to compliment this incredible restaurant.Special Features:
- Met expectations again and againvabeytuaVIPDined on 5/9/2014We've been to this restaurant four or five times in the last year. Food is good (we love the mussels and the porterhouse!!), and the staff really attentive. Will return!Special Features:
- Highly recommendBrinaGDined on 5/6/2014Wonderful food and great service! I will be back often!Special Features:
- The following 370 reviews are from the Gaucho Grill reviews archive.
- I Keep Coming BackMissBrooksVIPDined on 5/5/2014The food is amazing. The service is great. The ambiance is classy and fun. Nice night out for dinner with the girls or with the boys, or a groups, excellent drinks. Oh my goodness the sangria... Foodies alike will love this place. I come personally all of the time and I bring my clients here for a schmooze dinner. Love it.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2014Found this place on a whim and have been back 2x in 3 months. The steaks are like butter and fish is perfection. The decor is stunning.Special Features:
- Great food, Great serviceNomNomNomDined on 5/1/2014It's as simple as that. Our waiter was super-nice and accommodating. The wine was good, and so was our steaks! We didn't try dessert this time, but have had the Tres Leches cake last time we were in and it was delicious! I'll be back.Special Features:
- SLOW Food SLOW valetthebigfinnVIPDined on 4/30/2014Went on a Wednesday night. Large venue but not even half full. Food came out extremely slowly - waited for drinks, starters, main courses and coffees. Food good, not great, but not worth the long wait. At end of evening "free" valet had long line of people - some waited 30 minutes to get their car. People were irate! Couldn't imagine how that would work on a busy night. Ate there once before and was better - will not be back and would not recommend.Special Features:
- Terrific experienceZachspenceDined on 4/26/2014One if my favorite restaurants in westchester. I keep returning and they never disappoint!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant eveningStoshDined on 4/26/2014We enjoyed the food a great deal. At times it was a bit noisy but then it quieted down. Recommend for a good steak.
- More than satisfiedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/25/2014I was with 4 other women and we had 50 minutes to be in and out and make it to the theatre - we told our waiter and he said that he would rush the order in the kitchen - we had a full three course meal with a few minutes to spare - the salads were fresh and delightful - the tuna ceviche was perfectly chopped and seasoned - fried plantains were sweet and crisp - the oven roasted scallops and special sea bass were melt in your mouth delicious and sweet - desserts - tres Leches, flan and creme brûlée - were the perfect ending to the mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gaucho Grill White Plains, NYRestaurantRamblesDined on 4/24/2014Well-spaced tables, low noise level, attentive service, very good food. Willing to redo one dish quickly when ingredient missing. Valet parking.Special Features:
- try thisdpe2014Dined on 4/19/2014excellent food.found it on the internet,three noise levels,go go bar scene,busy dinning room and more subdued dinning room.found waiter and maitre'd very helpful and attentive.excellent food.highly recomendI would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnDined on 4/19/2014The Argentinian parrilla was not a real parrilla, The meat was hard with no flavor and the chimichurri was not a real chimichurri. And it was missing many common things that are part of a partilla. The gnocchi were hard and mostly flour based, no potato ...
- A favorite but....NYCFoodieVIPDined on 4/16/2014The food is usually great but this time between service and the order being wrong, this place is not always the best experience. I'll go back but it wasn't what I expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/13/2014We had a great meal there. The service was excellent, my wine was delicious and the paella was wonderful. We shared both kinds of paella for main and ordered lots of appetizers. The octopus was so tender and the tilapia ceviche was light and tasty. Loved the feel of the outdoor space. We will be back for sure.Special Features: