Gaucho Grill - Long Beach
200 Pine Ave
Long Beach, CA 90802Neighborhood:
ArgentineanPrice: $30 and under
Gaucho Grill - Long Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gauchogrillusa.com/
- Phone: 5625905000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Argentinean, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Alberto Gomez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Gaucho Grill is great for hosting birthday parties, wedding rehersals, business luncheons and many other events.
- Private Party Contact: Lionel Amosa 8888330131
A word from Gaucho Grill - Long Beach
Conveniently located in the heart of downtown Long Beach, Gaucho Grill serves up culinary classics with Argentine flair. Take a seat on the patio or at the fully loaded bar and launch your lunch with one of Gaucho Grill's fresh and healthy salads. Have a dinner date? Soak up Gaucho Grill's warm, woodsy atmosphere and embark on a culinary excursion of champions. Start with Grilled Sweetbreads or an Empanadas Souffle. Next, dig into one of Gaucho's exquisite main courses, which run the gamut from classic American and Italian specialties to traditional Argentine . Fill up on the Entraña a la Parrilla, an 10oz prime skirt steak, Want something lighter? Try the Pollo Deshuesado. Looking for the perfect glass of wine to wash it all down? Gaucho Grill Long Beach offers a state of the art wine dispensing system that can pour over 35 wines by the glass. -After dinner The Gaucho Grill Long Beach turns into a late-night lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Gaucho Grill - Long Beach - Best Restaurants in Long Beach ›
Gaucho Grill - Long Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (23)special occasion (21)romantic (20)neighborhood gem (16)great for lunch (13)fit for foodies (12)good for groups (12)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (8)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (6)notable wine list (6)scenic view (1)Show More
- Love this place!JeffDined on 8/29/2014Outstanding service, food and ambience. Love the guitarist/singer on the weekends. sings in portuguese, spanish & english.Special Features:
- it was amazing and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2014very flavorable and cooked well they know how to make the food vibtant and delicious without over cooking the food loved the spinach and home made breadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE THIS PLACE!!GOBACKDined on 8/1/2014Service great, prices reasonable, food awesome, lovely setting....soothing music going back soon!!Special Features:
- Great Food & Great ServiceOGBearDined on 7/25/2014The food was great the service was great. Best Sangria!Special Features:
- Great Food & Excellent HostOz4foodDined on 7/20/2014Celebrated my 50th, our reservation was punctual. The Sangria, was perfect. The appetizers of mushroom, chorizo & empanadas left our palletes wanting more they were delicious. Recommend the chicken and beef empanadas. The main course was the parillada topped off with the best host, Don Enrique and his wonderful staff that made my day oh so special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the food was deliciousJozerDined on 7/19/2014Took my fiance to celebrate a special day for us. I went by the open table reviews and I'm glad they were not wrong. went with the special they had on their menu and everything we had was delicious. From the appetizers to the dessert nothing was wrong with the meal. The drinks were good, the service was excellent. I had the steak which was a few dollars more but it was worth every penny. My fiance had the flank steak with chimi churi and that was good also. the portions were perfect, we came out of the place to satisfied that we are definitely going back when we get the chance. I am very surprised that for a first time visit I do not have anything pick at.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Under seasoned foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014Nice place, their steaks are perfectly cooked, but have no flavor along with everything else that we ordered. Great service, but we will not be returning. Quite a disappointment. The ambiance is nice, servers are very , just the food is lacking flavor.Special Features:
- idkweubged1Dined on 7/18/2014The food and service was great as usual. One glitch, we went for the Capirihnas and the bar was out of Cachaca. What???!!! We were extremely disappointed, that's why we went there! Our server went out of his way and got a bottle from the restaurant next door which had a small amount left. So although we got the drinks afterall they seemed a little lighthanded with alcohol being there wasn't much left in the bottle to begin with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good.hsannaDined on 7/15/2014Their service was very good, but I found the food to be O.K. We ordered the DineLA option with Empanadas, chimichurri skirt steak and both desserts. Empanadas were actually tasty but we just get one per person so it was a bit unsatisfying in terms of portions. But it's understandable as it is an appetizer. The Chimichurri skirt steak was the main and was the one that was bland. It didn't have much taste and so did the potatoes. The meat itself was tender and juicy, but I had wished there was more flavor to it. The desserts were delicious but it was a bit too rich for my taste. I am sure others may find it great.Special Features:
- Steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/8/2014Perfectly grilled steak! Excellent vegetable sides. Everything was fresh and piping hot when brought to the table.Special Features:
- Fun Place!GoodVIPDined on 6/30/2014Everything about this restaurant is good. The decor could be updated to look a little more current but the service was great and the food was savory and delicious. You've got to try the empanadas, which are just flaky and tasty. Don't expect super upscale cuisine but it's a good place to hang out and enjoy a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/28/2014Very noise, great food, better going with large groupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice dining @ Gaucho Grillfiesta5Dined on 6/28/2014The friendly greeting, fast seating, perfect service (not too fast, not too slow) and great food, desert all added up to give us the perfect dinner for a welcome home occasion. Thank you Gaucho grill !Special Features:
- alwaysLindaLuVIPDined on 6/22/2014the best skirt steak but pricey if not using a coupon.Special Features:
- MusicBossaDined on 6/20/2014Loved the entertainment. Want to see you lead the way for Long Beach Jazz Scene! Would love to talk to you about this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food/Slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014Food was great. Servers were slow, and did not check up on us.
- TheNestDined on 6/13/2014Our waiter was fantastic. I don't remember his name but he is married to an Argentinian woman. The food overall was good and there was lots of it. The 2 deserts were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing serviceMj3092Dined on 6/8/2014I was really looking forward to dining here as my boyfriend and I were celebrating our anniversary. We got there earlier and they accommodated us to a nice booth. After ordering drinks, we ordered appetizers and entrees. However, our entrees got to the table first. He barely apologized for his mistake and we got our appetizers after we had finished our entrees. Then we waited about 40 minutes to get the check. We had to ask someone else what had happened to our server? The other server said oh he is our manager and is doing work in the office. I was just stunned because for that whole time we were just abandoned at our table and wanted to just get out of there. Horrible.Special Features:
- Steaks are fantastic!!SCNandoDined on 6/2/2014Ive had the rib eye there twice, I want to try other things but its just so good every time I go I want to get it! You can taste the wood smoke in the very tender and tender meat. The white wine sangria was really good too! The beef empanadas were amazing! I'll be back again very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food & service!JeffDined on 5/24/2014Love the w/e ambience with guitarist/singer... meals are exquisite!Special Features:
- Good Food Slow ServicePartyof9Dined on 5/24/2014It was am interesting experience. The food was the saving grace, but it took forever to get it ordered. The drinks needed to be taken by a separate person (first time that's happened to me). Had to flag down someone for each drink refill. Lots of servers standing around, but still couldn't get them over to serve. Food was good, the chicken skewer in the paradilla (sp?) seemed suspect, so only had one piece. Everyone else in the party enjoyed their steaks. Empanadas were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/12/2014Had a reservation for 9, once we arrived we were told the restaurant was closed. Wouldn't want to make the drive from LA to Long Beach again.
- Great food!pantabloDined on 5/11/2014This is my third or fourth time at this Gaucho Grill, this time for Mother's Day. Wonderful Parrillada special for Mother's Day. Food was fantastic. Service terrific! I love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014Thank you all for the awesome service you provide every time we go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food but Terrible Servicezeke00Dined on 5/10/2014We went on Saturday Night and arrived to a mostly empty restaurant but as the night progressed it became a very happening busy spot. The food was amazing, and had very good portions as well but I have to say the service was not good. We were passed around from server to server. We had three servers in the evening, and we were very much forgotten about throughout the evening. The good thing was that we were not in a hurry or else it might have been a disaster. We might forgive the service because they did have 5 large parties but still don't make us feel like we don't exist. We might be tempted to go back because of the food, but it must be a on night when we have hours to spend.Special Features:
- The following 351 reviews are from the Gaucho Grill - Long Beach reviews archive.
- Great all around!SilVDined on 5/3/2014We made a reservation for 2 on a Friday at 7:30 for 8:45 and had no trouble getting a table. The server was prompt and super friendly and polite. The food was delicious. I had the pollo al ajo (garlic chicken) and the sauce and veggies it comes with were perfectly paired and cooked to perfection. My guy had the blue cheese burger and loved it. Even the cappuccino after the meal tasted great! In case it makes a difference, I'll point out that I'm Argentinian, and the food here always reminds me of home. Almost forgot, they have a performer playing a guitar which makes for a great ambiance as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always funHeatherVIPDined on 5/3/2014As usual I had a nice time having dinner at the bar. The staff and other customers are so friendly. Great guitar player as well. Good dinner music. FunSpecial Features:
- Great FoodalkyDined on 5/2/2014Best tasting Steaks. We had rib eye and entraña a la parrilla.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad food Bad serviceCfinanceDined on 4/30/2014We went to Gaucho Grill for my sons 19th birthday and we will not be going back to this restaurant ever!! The service was terrible we asked for bread several times finally got it when we were half way finished with our dinner. I had to get up from the table twice to ask for our server to come to our table. My son had to send back his steak that he ordered medium rare because it was over cooked. They took 15 minutes to bring him out a new one which was raw completely cold in the middle. I have no idea what they were doing for the 15 minutes because it could have only been on the grill for 30 seconds!!! When we asked that it be taken off the check the server argued with us. It was a waste of time and money!!!
- SuperbMafi4Dined on 4/25/2014Excellence in food, attention, ambiance all in all brilliant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor restaurant choiceDan1Dined on 4/11/2014Probably one of the worse places I have been to in a long time, we booked the restaurant randomly and found that it had good reviews but soon found out first hand the bad food and the poor service I wouldn't recommend anyone pays this place a visit when they come into town
- Great find!CasaInkaVIPDined on 4/4/2014We've been at this restaurant numerous times and they always relieved. For this visit we brought a couple of friends along and they were extremely pleased and were still raving about the food and ambience of the restaurant until the next day. Definitely one of my favorite restaurants in Long Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!FaviolaDined on 3/31/2014Really liked the place! excellent service and the food is pretty good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time and countingTrana08Dined on 3/30/2014The bread and parsley that is complimentary is great Have the potatoes as the were super smooth The kids menu was delicious, kids even eat free on Sundays but they must have forgotten and charged us The two doors were constantly being opened and closed letting huge drafts of air where we sat on both occasions Our server was excellent and proactively put in the orders for the kids first so we had the time to enjoy our meal when it came. Great placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nellie's Night OutNellieDined on 3/29/2014Food was great. Drinks were nice and stern. Waiter's could be a bit more attentive to their guest. But overall great place for a nice evening out☺Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Foodil2eVIPDined on 3/24/2014We were going to see the Queen Mary (what a bust that turned out to be, but that is another review) and decided to eat before going there. Unfortunately, we were the only ones at the restaurant. Not sure if it was the time and the lunch rush was over or it is slow there during lunch time anyway. The restaurant is located in the downtown area and it did not look like a busy downtown anyway. In fact, the restaurant next door was closed for lunch and only opens for dinner. However, we were five and everyone had a great lunch. The carrot soup was outstanding and the meat was really good. I definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/23/2014The service was excellent and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We came here for my birthdayrobert1andjanDined on 3/19/2014We came here for my birthday on the 19th and loved it so much that we took our friends back 3 days later !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServicethecyberguyDined on 3/15/2014We were very delighted to have chosen this restaurant to celebrate our anniversary. The service was outstanding from the beginning. We were pleased with the ambiance, the live music, and just overall experience. We happen to find a Groupon for this restaurant and our server, Gaston, was very helpful in meeting all our needs. We always had fresh bread, and our water was always topped off. My wife and I are looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why make reservationFatherandSonDined on 3/14/2014I made a reservation but they did not have a table reserved. They did not have anything decent so I sat at the bar. my point is WHY make a reservation?