Gaucho Grill - Long Beach
200 Pine Ave
Long Beach, CA 90802Neighborhood:
ArgentineanPrice: $30 and under
Gaucho Grill - Long Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gauchogrillusa.com/
- Phone: (562) 590-5000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Argentinean, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Alberto Gomez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Gaucho Grill is great for hosting birthday parties, wedding rehersals, business luncheons and many other events.
- Private Party Contact: Lionel Amosa 8888330131
A word from Gaucho Grill - Long Beach
Conveniently located in the heart of downtown Long Beach, Gaucho Grill serves up culinary classics with Argentine flair. Take a seat on the patio or at the fully loaded bar and launch your lunch with one of Gaucho Grill's fresh and healthy salads. Have a dinner date? Soak up Gaucho Grill's warm, woodsy atmosphere and embark on a culinary excursion of champions. Start with Grilled Sweetbreads or an Empanadas Souffle. Next, dig into one of Gaucho's exquisite main courses, which run the gamut from classic American and Italian specialties to traditional Argentine . Fill up on the Entraña a la Parrilla, an 10oz prime skirt steak, Want something lighter? Try the Pollo Deshuesado. Looking for the perfect glass of wine to wash it all down? Gaucho Grill Long Beach offers a state of the art wine dispensing system that can pour over 35 wines by the glass. -After dinner The Gaucho Grill Long Beach turns into a late-night lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Gaucho Grill - Long Beach - Best Restaurants in Long Beach ›
Gaucho Grill - Long Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (14)romantic (12)special occasion (11)good for groups (8)hot spot (8)fit for foodies (8)neighborhood gem (7)late-night find (6)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for lunch (4)scenic view (3)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Easy to find and park. Very nice people.1bigmikeDined on 11/22/2014They offer a a large assorted dish that covers the best items that can feed at least 3 people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2014Great place to go for those who love steak. Seasonings were amazing. Great ambiance. Couples will love the atmosphere here😃.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and ambiance.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/13/2014There weren't any other people in the restaurant when I was there and I had to keep flagging the server.Special Features:
- Awesome Food!H2OKLANDined on 11/8/2014We are here quite often and LOVE the Entrana A La Parilla. Always tender and great tasting. For dessert, panqueques! Couldn't be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ExperienceluvwineanddineDined on 11/8/2014Our first time at Gaucho Grill did not disappoint. The skirt steak was so flavorful and tender, it practically melted in our mouths. The grilled chicken was also tasty. Garlic spinach and mashed potatoes were spot on.The Blanca Sangria was delicious, light, and fruity; I had a hard time stopping at two glasses. The short ribs were flavorful, but a bit on the chewy side. Roasted potatoes were under seasoned. I will opt for the skirt steak on the next visit - thus the reason for the 4 instead of 5 stars. The wait staff was comprised of mostly Argentinian men; so gracious and attentive. Overall, a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- delicious, flavor filled foodluv2eatDined on 10/29/2014We got the dinner set for 2 to 3 people because it was a sampler of everything and we haven't tried Argentina food before so it was a good option to get us familiar. It was amazing. delicious and so much flavor. Portion was huge too. Would come back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstandingbhDRVIPDined on 10/25/2014I come here often with several friends and we always enjoy the food, ambiance, music and dancing show at dinner time. The ocean view is terrific at the Redondo Beach location (been to both and the food is excellent at both but Redondo wins for me because you're right at the ocean). I highly recommend Samba - but definitely bring your appetite because the food is amazing and just keeps coming unless you flip the marker to red!Special Features:
- good and simpleRedFireVIPDined on 10/5/2014o, the caiparinha yumm -- i was able to have food and drinks and get some work done at the same time -- quiet and the service was impeccableSpecial Features:
- wonderful place to eat.lorenaDined on 9/11/2014This place was amazing. The food was great. I love the fact that everything was great. Server was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!JeffDined on 8/29/2014Outstanding service, food and ambience. Love the guitarist/singer on the weekends. sings in portuguese, spanish & english.Special Features:
- it was amazing and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2014very flavorable and cooked well they know how to make the food vibtant and delicious without over cooking the food loved the spinach and home made breadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bar scene and food was goodmona436Dined on 8/3/2014Want something different, food was good, great music selection play list, great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE THIS PLACE!!GOBACKDined on 8/1/2014Service great, prices reasonable, food awesome, lovely setting....soothing music going back soon!!Special Features:
- The following 374 reviews are from the Gaucho Grill - Long Beach reviews archive.
- Great Food & Great ServiceOGBearDined on 7/25/2014The food was great the service was great. Best Sangria!Special Features:
- Great Food & Excellent HostOz4foodDined on 7/20/2014Celebrated my 50th, our reservation was punctual. The Sangria, was perfect. The appetizers of mushroom, chorizo & empanadas left our palletes wanting more they were delicious. Recommend the chicken and beef empanadas. The main course was the parillada topped off with the best host, Don Enrique and his wonderful staff that made my day oh so special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the food was deliciousJozerDined on 7/19/2014Took my fiance to celebrate a special day for us. I went by the open table reviews and I'm glad they were not wrong. went with the special they had on their menu and everything we had was delicious. From the appetizers to the dessert nothing was wrong with the meal. The drinks were good, the service was excellent. I had the steak which was a few dollars more but it was worth every penny. My fiance had the flank steak with chimi churi and that was good also. the portions were perfect, we came out of the place to satisfied that we are definitely going back when we get the chance. I am very surprised that for a first time visit I do not have anything pick at.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Under seasoned foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014Nice place, their steaks are perfectly cooked, but have no flavor along with everything else that we ordered. Great service, but we will not be returning. Quite a disappointment. The ambiance is nice, servers are very , just the food is lacking flavor.Special Features:
- idkweubged1Dined on 7/18/2014The food and service was great as usual. One glitch, we went for the Capirihnas and the bar was out of Cachaca. What???!!! We were extremely disappointed, that's why we went there! Our server went out of his way and got a bottle from the restaurant next door which had a small amount left. So although we got the drinks afterall they seemed a little lighthanded with alcohol being there wasn't much left in the bottle to begin with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good.hsannaDined on 7/15/2014Their service was very good, but I found the food to be O.K. We ordered the DineLA option with Empanadas, chimichurri skirt steak and both desserts. Empanadas were actually tasty but we just get one per person so it was a bit unsatisfying in terms of portions. But it's understandable as it is an appetizer. The Chimichurri skirt steak was the main and was the one that was bland. It didn't have much taste and so did the potatoes. The meat itself was tender and juicy, but I had wished there was more flavor to it. The desserts were delicious but it was a bit too rich for my taste. I am sure others may find it great.Special Features:
- Steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/8/2014Perfectly grilled steak! Excellent vegetable sides. Everything was fresh and piping hot when brought to the table.Special Features:
- Fun Place!GoodVIPDined on 6/30/2014Everything about this restaurant is good. The decor could be updated to look a little more current but the service was great and the food was savory and delicious. You've got to try the empanadas, which are just flaky and tasty. Don't expect super upscale cuisine but it's a good place to hang out and enjoy a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/28/2014Very noise, great food, better going with large groupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice dining @ Gaucho Grillfiesta5Dined on 6/28/2014The friendly greeting, fast seating, perfect service (not too fast, not too slow) and great food, desert all added up to give us the perfect dinner for a welcome home occasion. Thank you Gaucho grill !Special Features:
- alwaysLindaLuVIPDined on 6/22/2014the best skirt steak but pricey if not using a coupon.Special Features:
- MusicBossaDined on 6/20/2014Loved the entertainment. Want to see you lead the way for Long Beach Jazz Scene! Would love to talk to you about this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food/Slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014Food was great. Servers were slow, and did not check up on us.
- TheNestDined on 6/13/2014Our waiter was fantastic. I don't remember his name but he is married to an Argentinian woman. The food overall was good and there was lots of it. The 2 deserts were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing serviceMj3092Dined on 6/8/2014I was really looking forward to dining here as my boyfriend and I were celebrating our anniversary. We got there earlier and they accommodated us to a nice booth. After ordering drinks, we ordered appetizers and entrees. However, our entrees got to the table first. He barely apologized for his mistake and we got our appetizers after we had finished our entrees. Then we waited about 40 minutes to get the check. We had to ask someone else what had happened to our server? The other server said oh he is our manager and is doing work in the office. I was just stunned because for that whole time we were just abandoned at our table and wanted to just get out of there. Horrible.Special Features:
- Steaks are fantastic!!SCNandoDined on 6/2/2014Ive had the rib eye there twice, I want to try other things but its just so good every time I go I want to get it! You can taste the wood smoke in the very tender and tender meat. The white wine sangria was really good too! The beef empanadas were amazing! I'll be back again very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food & service!JeffDined on 5/24/2014Love the w/e ambience with guitarist/singer... meals are exquisite!Special Features:
- Good Food Slow ServicePartyof9Dined on 5/24/2014It was am interesting experience. The food was the saving grace, but it took forever to get it ordered. The drinks needed to be taken by a separate person (first time that's happened to me). Had to flag down someone for each drink refill. Lots of servers standing around, but still couldn't get them over to serve. Food was good, the chicken skewer in the paradilla (sp?) seemed suspect, so only had one piece. Everyone else in the party enjoyed their steaks. Empanadas were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/12/2014Had a reservation for 9, once we arrived we were told the restaurant was closed. Wouldn't want to make the drive from LA to Long Beach again.
- Great food!pantabloDined on 5/11/2014This is my third or fourth time at this Gaucho Grill, this time for Mother's Day. Wonderful Parrillada special for Mother's Day. Food was fantastic. Service terrific! I love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014Thank you all for the awesome service you provide every time we go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food but Terrible Servicezeke00VIPDined on 5/10/2014We went on Saturday Night and arrived to a mostly empty restaurant but as the night progressed it became a very happening busy spot. The food was amazing, and had very good portions as well but I have to say the service was not good. We were passed around from server to server. We had three servers in the evening, and we were very much forgotten about throughout the evening. The good thing was that we were not in a hurry or else it might have been a disaster. We might forgive the service because they did have 5 large parties but still don't make us feel like we don't exist. We might be tempted to go back because of the food, but it must be a on night when we have hours to spend.Special Features:
- Great all around!SilVDined on 5/3/2014We made a reservation for 2 on a Friday at 7:30 for 8:45 and had no trouble getting a table. The server was prompt and super friendly and polite. The food was delicious. I had the pollo al ajo (garlic chicken) and the sauce and veggies it comes with were perfectly paired and cooked to perfection. My guy had the blue cheese burger and loved it. Even the cappuccino after the meal tasted great! In case it makes a difference, I'll point out that I'm Argentinian, and the food here always reminds me of home. Almost forgot, they have a performer playing a guitar which makes for a great ambiance as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always funHeatherVIPDined on 5/3/2014As usual I had a nice time having dinner at the bar. The staff and other customers are so friendly. Great guitar player as well. Good dinner music. FunSpecial Features:
- Great FoodalkyDined on 5/2/2014Best tasting Steaks. We had rib eye and entraña a la parrilla.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad food Bad serviceCfinanceDined on 4/30/2014We went to Gaucho Grill for my sons 19th birthday and we will not be going back to this restaurant ever!! The service was terrible we asked for bread several times finally got it when we were half way finished with our dinner. I had to get up from the table twice to ask for our server to come to our table. My son had to send back his steak that he ordered medium rare because it was over cooked. They took 15 minutes to bring him out a new one which was raw completely cold in the middle. I have no idea what they were doing for the 15 minutes because it could have only been on the grill for 30 seconds!!! When we asked that it be taken off the check the server argued with us. It was a waste of time and money!!!
- SuperbMafi4Dined on 4/25/2014Excellence in food, attention, ambiance all in all brilliant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.