Gaucho Grill - Brentwood
11754 San Vicente Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90049Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Gaucho Grill - Brentwood
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gauchobrentwood.com/
- Phone: 310-447-7898
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Gaucho Grill offers several options for your private dining needs. Our private dining room is a great option for smaller groups of up to 25 people. Larger groups can reserve the entire restaurant space.
- Private Party Contact: Lionel 3104477898
A word from Gaucho Grill - Brentwood
Feast to your heart's content at this lively, exceptional destination. Set in in the heart of Beautiful Brentwood, Gaucho Grill serves hearty cuisine with a vibrant Argentine influence. Enjoy a variety of dishes from fresh salads to delicious steaks, Charbroiled Fish and more. Completed Renovated, and managed by new Owners since Dec 2008, Gaucho Grill combines elements of the Argentine Steakhouse and Italian cuisine. The Menu features 10 different prime cuts of Meat, Argentine Specialities as Parrilladas, Short ribs, Sweetbreads, Chorizo, Empanadas and Milanesa, a wide selection of Chicken and Fish, Our Famous Argentine Salads, and of course, Our Chef's Home Made Pasta!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gaucho Grill - Brentwood reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (26)fit for foodies (12)good for groups (10)great for lunch (10)special occasion (9)romantic (9)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- DisappointedVIPDined on 9/27/2014Excellent. The food was delicious and our server was attentive. I could not believe how inexpensive.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnervtvalenzDined on 9/20/2014This is the second year in a row that we celebrate our anniversary at Gaucho Grill. The food is always amazing! The Pollo Deshuesado al Ajo is chicken smothered in onions and garlic and it was scrumptious! It was a very busy night and so the servers were a bit busy. My colleagues and I have our Christmas and End of the Year luncheons here every years because there is always something for everyone on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NadineDined on 9/15/2014Very good food, service, and atmosphere. The selections were great and pricing is good too. We enjoyed our meals. Air conditioning was doing it's best, but it was still hot in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for small groupsfeedtheboysDined on 9/12/2014Steaks were cooked perfectly, empanadas were great and wine selection pairs nicely with entrees.Special Features:
- Grim AmbianceCulebirdDined on 8/29/2014We tried it out because of a Groupon. The atmosphere was like a restaurant you'd find in the St. Louis Airport. The service extremely friendly, the food less than mediocre. After it was over and we'd been forced to spend a lot of money I decided I'm never buying another Groupon again!Special Features:
- GREATLUVFOODDined on 8/18/2014LOVED the fried calamari and salad with chicken and white beans.Special Features:
- Just genericAnonDined on 8/4/2014We went for my husband's birthday. I think the waiter had one other table to attend to that evening. After the food was delivered, we had to chase the guy down.
- Dine LA menuBinkeeDined on 7/16/2014The menu was great with enough variety to keep all happy. The Angus skirt steak wAs to die for. YummmmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On a dietdrumrjgDined on 7/12/2014We are on diets and we were able to find a number of dishes that wouldn't break our points. Food is fine and the steamed Salmon I had was nice. Too bad we couldn't eat the bread. I think that's the best part.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Argentinian cuisineRushmoreVIPDined on 7/11/2014Delicious food, attentive staff, nice variety of dishes, consistent qualitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprised usalz7Dined on 7/8/2014We enjoyed good food, good service, and interesting decor. We were actually surprised, since it was our first time at the restaurant. We went because we had a coupon, and plan on returning again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodDollyDined on 6/11/2014It was on the early side so it was a quiet dinning experience. Service was friendly. We will return for another dinner in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 239 reviews are from the Gaucho Grill - Brentwood reviews archive.
- One of my favoritesgodzillaDined on 5/31/2014I eat here all the time. Good food, service is spotty but they are always friendly.Special Features:
- Good food, slow servicevtvalenzDined on 5/27/2014We were a group that arrived within 15 minutes of each other. The waiter did not take our order for quite a while, at least 30 min and the food did not come until 30 min after that. I know because I had to go put more money in the 1 hour parking meter just as my food arrived. The restaurant was not that busy so I don't understand why the service was so slow. To top it off, we HAD to pay 18% gratuity because we were a group of 6.Special Features:
- Enjoyed Our Visit......EstebanVIPDined on 5/25/2014Will definitely be back. Steak was perfect. Chicken breast excellent. The grilled onions and mashed potatos superb. Only issue is that they run out of some items. Wanted to order the caprese, but was not available.Special Features:
- I loved itcfreema7VIPDined on 5/18/2014I've been driving by GG for years, and finally got a chance to step, and I must say, I loved it. I ordered the short ribs, and they were incredibly tender, spicy and very flavorful. the sauteed spinach was just heavy enough to have great texture, and I order black beans, which came in a separate little mini pot. this kept them nice and moist. Our $26 Malbec was awesome, and the whole dinner just came together perfectly. My only complaint was that the waiter was a little slow, but then I realized this was for the better, sit back, relax, and enjoy our window front seatSpecial Features:
- MehGBnewVIPDined on 5/12/2014Dinner in Brentwood was my first time at a Gaucho Grill in years. The service and ambiance were less than I had remembered. The food is very basic; it earns three stars because it is well-priced. In a pinch we would go back, but there are much better feeds available.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly diningGourmeterVIPDined on 5/11/2014Generous good chicken filet...their specialty. The steak was not their usual best. Desserts were good.Special Features:
- Mixed experiencephilVIPDined on 4/26/2014We got empanadas (very good), chicken (good but a little dry), and steak (lots of fat, lack of flavor). The more expensive the dishes, the most disappointing they were! This place used to be better in my opnion. Will give it another shot, but it could be the last if they keep disappointing.
- Value ChoiceAndrewVIPDined on 4/22/2014This small chain of Argentine style restaurants produce good food for a very fair price. Most entrees get two sides, any two sides.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisedbinca08Dined on 4/18/2014As you walk in you have to keep going. The place is small, but nice. The tables a lee a little too close together on the back wall. Overall the good was ok, the noise level is medium and this is a casual place for dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks, good ambiencebrunoDined on 4/15/2014This is the fifth time my wife and I go to Gaucho Grill, and it's always a very pleasant experience. The steaks are great, and if you find the right table, the noise is not bad. We usually take a table at the very back, and find enough privacy to enjoy our evening. One (small) negative experience from last time we went though: I had bought their coupons $15 for $30, and since it didn't say how many I could buy I bought two. Turns out I can only use one per visit. It didn't mention this anywhere on the website.Special Features:
- I eat out every Saturday withregulardinerDined on 4/12/2014I eat out every Saturday with family and this is a regular. Matt, their new host, really went out of his way to be helpful, when waitress didn't seem to be paying much attention to refills, etc.Special Features:
- Location, Location, Location!JoyDeVivreDined on 4/2/2014Gaucho Brentwood, is on one of the quaintest corners of the neighborhood. With twinkling white lights and large windows that look out towards the beautiful trees, it is truly at one of the best locations in Brentwood. The restaurant which features deep red walls and impressive stone arches, reminds me of Spain, Italy or even Buenos Aires. The wine list is hand selected by the owner with Argentine and California boutique wines. My friend and I enjoyed a salad and their delicious appetizer mushrooms. Which I highly recommend. I love their Chimichurri sauce. Its my favorite in L.A. thus far! My dinner was very good. The home made mash potatoes and grilled veggies are delish! The server was very helpful and their home made dessert YUMMY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant with greatSteakLoverDined on 3/28/2014Great restaurant with great food. Loved the steaks! And the empanada was especially deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not sure how to rate thisParislaDined on 3/8/2014Not sure how to rate this one. The food was OK. The server was friendly, attentive and efficient. But the kitchen is not. Very long wait for the main course, and it was not a packed night. The appetizer arrived quickly, so it's clearly a kitchen organization issue.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty FoodJohnLDined on 3/7/2014Service was a little slow... However the food flavor made up for it.Special Features:
- love this placeAngelaDined on 3/7/2014it's a little difficult to stay fully plant based, but possible...great sides, and the manager's special salad without the cheese is fantastic too!
- Not what we expectedKalvarezDined on 2/9/2014First time and last. Food (parrillada/plato mixto) pretty bland and lack-luster. Perhaps this is what comida Argentina is supposed to taste like. Parking is awful. Not much of a place to sit while waiting to be seated and patrons end up clogging up one of the main walkways to stand and wait for a table. Glad we had reservations. Seemed that a few food servers might have been missing because our server told us that he was really busy and would try to bring some more bread when we asked for more, the busboy ended up bring us more so server must have told him. Server might have wowed us had he not been overwhelmed, didn't even ask us if we wanted to see the dessert menu. Place might be considered romantic if not so noisy.
- Food for GauchosAndrewVIPDined on 2/3/2014Great deal for the dollar. Side dishes never disappoint.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine LAOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/31/2014Nice and cozy place in the main part of Brentwood. The skirt steak for Dine LA was cooked perfectly however a bit chewy. Nice and friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good for a neighborhood spotJustinCombustiblDined on 1/30/2014Gaucho Grill is solid but nothing too special. The Argentine cuisine definitely seems less like your experience in Argentina and more like am attempt to bank on the nostalgia of a visit to BA from years ago with food that is good enough to remind you that you should return.Special Features:
- Good restaurantphilVIPDined on 1/26/2014Good food at a very reasonnable price. Friendly service. Will go back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have been here many timesshopperVIPDined on 1/16/2014I have been here many times and the food does not disappoint. The service is friendly and good with attentive servers. The ambiance is low key with few tables. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who likes Argentinian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worthwhile experiencevtvalenzDined on 1/7/2014I have been to Gaucho Grill many times, and the food is ALWAYS SO delicious! We were a group of 4 ladies and every single one loved their food. The steaks were grilled to their exact order. My only concern is that the food took a bit of long time to arrive, but it could be because the group wanted their steaks to be well done and medium. Aside from that, it was a wonderful experience and we will be returning very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HAVING LIVED IN ARGENTINA,HYMEDined on 12/31/2013HAVING LIVED IN ARGENTINA, I ALWAYS ENJOYED THE BIFE CHORIZO AND THE WONDERFUL MALBEC WINES AND I HAVE BEEN FREQUENTING DIFFERENT GAUCHO GRILLS FOR MANY YEARS. I FIND THE LOCATION AND ATMOSPHERE IN BRENTWOOD CHARMING AND CONVENIENT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- where's the beef?HOWDYDined on 12/18/2013for an Argentine restaurant, my rib eye steak was very average, not a lot of flavor kids menu very reasonable
- Rediscovered gem!NewUCLAMomVIPDined on 12/13/2013There used to be a Gaucho Grill in Old Town Pasadena that we loved. Now that our daughter is attending UCLA, were happy to discover a branch of the Gaucho Grill in Brentwood near campus. The food was every bit as delicious as we remember. Our reservation was honored immediately. The wait staff was great. I know that we will be coming back often over the next four years.Special Features:
- YummyGeorgiaVIPDined on 11/24/2013We always enjoy Gaucho Grill. Very tasty food, yummy chimichurri sauce. Moderate prices and great service.Special Features:
- Great for meatPrincetonVIPDined on 11/2/2013The meat was great. Everything else (service, wine, ambiance) was ok. Reasonably priced.I would recommend this to a friend.