Gaucho Brazilian Barbecue
5920 Macleod Trail
Calgary, AB T2H 0K2Neighborhood:
BrazilianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Gaucho Brazilian Barbecue
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.brazilianbbq.ca/
- Phone: 4034549119
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday to Friday (11:00am -4:00pm)
Saturday & Sunday (12:00pm - 4:00pm)
Dinner: Monday to Sunday (5:00pm - 10:00pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Brazilian
- Executive Chef: Edmilson Rodrigues
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Bring the flavours of Brazil to any event! From Stampede and office parties to birthdays and weddings, Gaucho adds exotic flare to any gathering. Choose from buffet or seated-service options and enjoy the most mouth-watering cuisine north of Brazil. For more information, email your event details and we will assist you at every step to ensure your event is entertaining and memorable.
- Private Party Facilities: We reserve the restaurant for private parties.
- Private Party Contact: Gaucho Brazilian Barbecue Catering 403-454-9119
- Special Events: Available for Holiday Celebrations, Private Functions, Business Events and more...
A word from Gaucho Brazilian Barbecue
Thank-you for choosing Gaucho, Calgary’s only authentic Churrascaria- Brazilian Barbecue. Gaucho is inspired by the dynamic and rich cultural heritage of the Brazilian cowboy, the time honored tradition of Churrasco (barbecue) and Rodizio (round-about) service. Rodizio dining is like nothing you’ve tried before. To do it properly, budget an evening – or at least a few hours – and come hungry! Your barbecue chef of the evening will come around with massive churrasco-style skewers, each with a tender cut-of-the-day. Meat will be sliced straight to your plate, and it won’t stop till your table turns its card over to display the red side. Make your reservation today to taste the authentic experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gaucho Brazilian Barbecue reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great for families and friends!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013A carnivore's delight with an excellent - and very tasty! - selection of salads and other vegetables, we enjoyed our dinner at Gaucho's. The staff were friendly and attentive, making the rounds with the meat selections on a regular basis. We will definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gaucho'sHollybDined on 5/3/2013Dinner tasted good, some of the meat cuts were great. However, the compliments buffet items were lacking some. Unfortunately being a table of 2, we were often lost customer service-wise, to a much larger table next to us of at least 10, I guess the servers know where their tippers are. The coziness of the restaurant was nice, and would be significantly better when not seated next to large tables. The coffee was much too strong for my dinner companion, and trying to get some additional hot water/cream for it proved difficult; not really sure why this seemed such an issue. If you go, be prepared for a carnivores dream, but somewhat disappointing compliments buffet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Meat Fest!MsMunchDined on 4/29/2013If you want a variety of delicious meats, this is the place to go. Go light on the appetizer buffet --it's not really worth it but start your meal with a little bit of veg just to say you did --and then flip your card to "GO" and let the meat frenzy begin. It's not something you want to do every week but a couple of times a year won't hurt. My son was turning 10 and this is where he wanted to go for his family birthday dinner. It's great for well behaved kids with a good appetite for meat. Leave your vegetarian friends at home! The atmosphere is not fancy but it's pleasant enough and inviting. Wine list is limited but there's a good variety and you can get a bottle for $35 and under which is always nice for a casual meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waiter brought water andnot2happyDined on 4/28/2013Our waiter brought water and drinks in a timely manner, then did not appear again until repeated beckonings got his attention for the dessert menu. Likewise for the bill. The "gauchos" appeared to see who could get to the most tables in the shortest time! Did not have time to finish one serving before there were two more there! Any of the meats offered our table were very overdone and not very flavourful. The salad and sides buffet poor and quite sparse. Overall a 2 out of 10....... a very overpriced charge for a less than mediocre meal . An experience not to be repeated. Don't believe the hype about the "best" Brazillianbbq in Calgary...it is not!
- Supreme experianceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013Great food. Great experiance. Looking forward to coming back and bringing the familySpecial Features:
- First time for our out ofOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/23/2013First time for our out of town guests.. They enjoyed it very much.Special Features:
- Nice experience, good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/19/2013Food was delicious, service was great. The salad bar was very fresh. Nice pace with the food...didn't feel like we were rushed at all.Special Features:
- Great for family eventsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/18/2013As always, the staff is warm & friendly. We celebrated my son's 7th birthday and the restaurant was enjoyed by all generations.Special Features:
- The service started out greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013The service started out great and stayed that way until almost the end it was a little lax come dessert time but understandably so as it was getting very busy. The food was more than awesome and never a lack of it my wife and I were really impressed. We would recomend the experience here to anyone and will be back again.Special Features:
- Food Good, Service TerribleclarkcasaDined on 4/11/2013We were party of 8, and were advised any table over six 6 have 18% gratuity added which was fine. Except the service was basically non-existent. We waited for menus and water then the waiter never came back to get our order until we had already been to the salad bar. We had other servers start to take our orders, then the waiter would come over and we'd have to repeat what we wanted. This was the same with our coffee order. As well, we advised at the beginning that we wanted separate bills. At the end of the meal, we spent ten minutes trying to locate the waiter, all other patrons had left. The food was great, but it was a gong show and I would think twice before returning. 18% doesn't equate to No Service!!
- Great experience at Gaucho!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/10/2013I had been to the old location and this was the first time at the new restaurant. The meat served at the table was delicious, the salad bar offerings were fresh and well prepared, and the staff were friendly and attentive. Regards, WayneSpecial Features:
- An Enjoyable Experience!crazycgaVIPDined on 4/7/2013I rather enjoyed this visit. I honestly didn't know what to expect, and although I'm sure the owners would not want to see Bolero's name in their review, I must compare this place favorably to Bolero. I prefer this environment - while not as "flashy" as Bolero, it is more comfortable, by FAR, and more relaxed. The service was excellent, and the food was outstanding. My only disappointment is that grilled pineapple is a menu item, as opposed to part of the general food. Other than that minor gripe of my own, the food was excellent. I will definitely be back!
- Below ExpectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/6/2013While the service was great - the food left something to be desired. The quality and variety of meats did not compare to what is offered at Bolero. We only counted about 7 different offerings that came to our table over 90 minutes. (8 if you include the chicken hearts) The beef offerings tasted like they were a cheap cut of meat. The sirloin steak was very rare. The bacon wrapped chicken was good - however it was much more bacon than chicken. The wine list was quite small as well - not much to choose from the glass, and only a handful of selections by the bottle. Dessert was tasty. Overall - the next time we go Brazilian, we will go back to Bolero.
- Very nice Brazilian SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2013Very nice Brazilian Steak House and great service!
- all the veggie dishes wereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/4/2013all the veggie dishes were cold, would have been nice to have hot veg sides. the bacon wrapped chicken was pressed chicken. otherwise amazing amszing meats and quick service. beef parmigiana was my favourite, the sirloin and pork divine!
- I was remember my days inOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013I was remember my days in south america... Very good!Special Features:
- I am very choosy about restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013I am very choosy about restaurants because I like to cook and create in my kitchen so I tend to be quite critical. I heard about this particular place through a friend, and I must say I was pretty excited - we drove 2 hours to get there. My husband was a bit hesitant, but as I told him, I was going there as much for the dining experience as the menu. The experience was fabulous! Our server was upbeat and explained the process to us "newbies". We were never rushed through the dining experience - we were allowed to take our time vs. being pressured to turn over the table. There also was not one dish that I did not like, and I tried a little bit of everything! I am definately going again.Special Features:
- No explaination given as toVtecmanDined on 3/29/2013No explaination given as to how the Brazilian steakhouse works. Food was extremely slow to come out. Missed our table a few times. Definitely not worth the amount of money spent considering. Automatic 18% gratuity unreasonable. Staff looked overwhelmed.
- The Gaucho ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013Good variety of meats to try. All of them very tasty. A varied selection of salads, vegetables and potatoes / rice including a few no so common items.Special Features:
- Reasonable eatery....ArleneDined on 3/28/2013The parking is really bad at this location. We had to park in an adjacent lot and hoof it to the restaurant. I am new to this eating experience and the food was quite nice. Beef aplenty. We found the meat tender a reasonably flavourful. Was not a fan of the chicken and the pork was a tad dry. Salads were in abundance and tasty but I was not over the moon with them. If you happen to like your meat med-well done side you will not enjoy this experience. Most of the beef was quite red and on the rare-med side. Service from the skewer guys was constant. Our waitress was not. Overall the $ value is reasonable for the expectation.Special Features:
- We go to Gaucho often, andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/24/2013We go to Gaucho often, and we love the restaurant - usually. During this visit however, it was horrible. We were ignored, was asked to leave early - the hostess did not let us know that the table was reserved for 7. The manager just asked us to leave. The only good person was one of the food servers - he always manages to smile, and make us welcome. Then - they chased us out the door to make sure we paid - very loudly too. For a family who visits the restaurant three to four times a month - we expected to be treated better. This was a horrible experience.
- Our group really enjoyed theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/19/2013Our group really enjoyed the food at the restaurant. The churro's were a hit. Our server, Anna, was awesome.Special Features:
- Great foods and service. EverythiholaDined on 3/16/2013Great foods and service. Everything was good except it was too loud in the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great anniversary place!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013We had a great experience there! It was both our and our friend's anniversaries and we all felt special there!I miss the Brazilian rodizios and churrascarias and it was nice to have a bit of Brazil up here!The service was wonderful and very attentive!Special Features:
- We have been to Gaucho manyGmach1Dined on 3/8/2013We have been to Gaucho many times before and the food was always good. We went back after 10 months or so and it looks like the menu had changed and it is not the same any more.
- Very nice and friendly environment,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013Very nice and friendly environment,is very enjoyable to test the Latin cussingSpecial Features:
- This was an amazing lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013This was an amazing lunch for my team and I. Thank you kindly for taking a reservation, we will certainly be back.Special Features:
- Parking is terrible. Don'tOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/7/2013Parking is terrible. Don't know why we were put next to the kitchen when we booked several days ahead and the was a lot of empty tables in the restaurant. Waitress was very helpful but was overloaded and we didn't see enough of her. Food was great and there was a lot of choices. Liked the Gaelic steak the most.Overall, a good experience and would go back.
- Go and enjoyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/4/2013I was always enjoy the food , the service and have been a wonderful experience I recommend 100 %Special Features:
- Keeping in mind that it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/4/2013Keeping in mind that it was a Monday lunch, it still seemed like the restaurant is losing its aura of authenticity. No portuguese speaking servers as I was used to at the old location, average Feijoada, less than average Pudim, relatively empty restaurant. However, the meats and salads were fresh (the cucumber/pineapple was a hit with everyone; palm hearts were good too), and the servers were still knowledgeable, friendly and attentive. And, it is great that we even have this in Calgary, so I would recommend checking it out...probably the most lively atmosphere on a Friday or Saturday night, or Sunday brunch/lunch.Special Features:
- Best grill, I have eaten soOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013Best grill, I have eaten so far in Calgary. Fixed price which satisfies all your appetite beyond your expectations.Special Features:
- Great food and service, meatsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2013Great food and service, meats culd be brought not as quick so people can enjioy what they are eating and not feel that they are in a rush. Desserts are amaizing.Special Features:
- Great as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/25/2013Have been to a Gaucho many times & it was excellent as usual. BBQ Asian pear is my new favourite thing!!! Hope to see it on the regular menu!!! Ede was in the kitchen & we really enjoyed being served by him, might account for the excellent BBQ flavour. Reminds me of the old days in the Burnsland location! Keep up the great job!Special Features:
- great lunch place!OrangeMamaDined on 2/24/2013Great lunch place and not overly expensive! One thing that spoiled the atmosphere was when we said no two times to the new meat arriving (we still were working on our plates) we found that we were no longer offered any and the waiters did not even go as far as our table. So we left. But overall quite pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience - somethingMatthewAVIPDined on 2/22/2013Great experience - something different that was quite fun. Not sure if they read the special requests section when you make the reservation on opentable though. Had noted we were coming for my wife's birthday and neither the hostess nor the waitress said anything about it. Good to try once, great food, very friendly waitress and would recommend to friends to try for something outside the norm.
- Food was very good but theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/20/2013Food was very good but the service seems to be slow. They will bring out 5 or 6 differnt meats at one time nad then you don't see anyone for about 20 minutes. Needs to be spaced out better. Still good food just a bit of a waitSpecial Features:
- Food was good- service notStaceNAndyDined on 2/19/2013Food was good- service not so much... I waited over half an hour to see a server after she brought our drinks- by time I got the lime I requested when I ordered my drink- the drink was warm.Special Features:
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/17/2013This place is definitely over-priced for the quality of food. The salad bar was fine; the beef was very ordinary. We were not given the opportunity to try all of the menu items (not sure why the waiter decided to not bother coming to our table!).
- Excellent!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013We had come to Gaucho for our late valentines day dinner, as my husband was away during the week, and I have to say it was well worth the wait. I had been wanting to try Gaucho for quite some time but never made a reservation early enough, as they book up so quick. We were lucky enough that they had a cancellation/no show an hour before our already made reservation, and were seated. The food was absolutely amazing. The salad/side bar gave a great selection of hot and cold items. The meat brought around was always hot, delicious and left me wanting more. At the end of the night, I can say that we both ate our monies worth of food and drink. Will certainly be returning. Very comparable to a Rodizo in Portugal.Special Features:
- I like Gaucho! The lunchFoodieDined on 2/16/2013I like Gaucho! The lunch rodizio was pretty good for $22/person. We were privy to an unlimited sides and salad bar. The servers kept coming out bringing all kinds of meat to the tables. They carve it right in front of you and you take the meat with the mini tongs. We had striploin, parmesan beef, rump steak, chicken wings, sausage, pork loin and chicken livers! Yes, bbq chicken livers - truly a wonderful delicacy!Special Features: