1750 Hennepin Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55403Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gatherbydamico.com/
- Phone: 6122533410x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Brit Awards Hours:
December 11th - December 27th Open Thurs-Sat 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM, Bar is Open 1:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Josh Brown
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: There are many catering opportunities available throughout the Walker Art Center. Please contact Sr. Event Planner, Jason Brown-Hoesing, at 612-253-3404.
- Entertainment: The Walker Art Center puts on many shows and programs throughout the year. Check the Walker website for details.
- Special Events: On the first Thursday of every month, we welcome a guest chef from a variety of premier restaurants throughout the Twin Cities. They create two small plate dishes to be sampled for free on the first Thursday. On subsequent Thursdays, these plates can be purchased in addition to our regular evening menu. We also offer a happy hour every Thursday from 5 pm to 7 pm which includes $5 small plates, discounted beers, $5 glasses of select wines, and a $5 specialty cocktail.
A word from Gather
Locally sourced, globally inspired.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gather reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (14)fit for foodies (11)great for outdoor dining (8)romantic (7)good for groups (6)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (4)neighborhood gem (4)great for lunch (3)special occasion (3)great for brunch (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Happy hour offerings, quality downOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/23/2014Friends and I gathered Oct. 23 for happy hour. We haven't been for about six months, and we were looking forward to to ample selection of happy hour small plates and excellent service we'd received in the past. The happy hour offerings are now very limited, and our server seemed preoccupied and with little patience for our group. I ordered an entree, sweet pea ravioli, which sounded wonderful, but it was really bland (although it was pretty). I'm sad to see this decline, as this is a beautiful venue.Special Features:
- upscale, romantic, intimateflashfunDined on 10/16/2014Take in modern architecture, view the city lights from your table and taste the scrumptious cuisine. Top it off walking through the sculpture garden. My favorite place!! Good value.Special Features:
- Evening at GatherHojoDined on 10/9/2014We had a guest from out-of-town and wanted to take her someplace different and we scored with Gather! We had a great view through the floor-to-ceiling windows. Their happy hour ran 5 - 7pm so our 6:30p reservation allowed us to take advantage of their drink and appetizer specials--the mini grilled cheese sandwiches were fun and fabulous! We will definitely go to Gather again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!trevDined on 10/2/2014Fantastic food, great happy hour and drink specials on first Thursday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SunshineVIPDined on 9/4/2014The chairs are sooo uncomfortable. Food very good, but portions to small. So main dishes were more like some of the small plates. All in all, I think this restaurant has an identity problem. The greeters were very prompt and friendly, the very staff heavy rest of them, were not even smiling.Special Features:
- Service lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/4/2014I've always loved this place, but the service was so bad and the food just so so this time. There are many great places to eat in the twin cities. Why put up with bad service?
- WONDERFUL RESTAURANTHungrygypsy65Dined on 8/14/2014This place is a must for anyone who loves great and well prepared food. The staff was super friendly and our server even helped me out with my IPhone. Now THAT'S great service. I will be going back here...often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hanging out with sister friend.living61Dined on 8/14/2014I seen the chef on channel news and booked a reservation for my sister friend and I. We were amazed! The ambience was beautiful. The staff was beautiful, every moment was joyful. The food was excellent and the price was a bonus! I am making reservations for me and another sister friend this Thursday. The concept is magnificent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love to eat at Gather.SmallPlateFanDined on 7/10/2014Whether just a table for two or a table for eight, the food and the view are always wonderful. I was so disappointed when they had to cut back their hours . A museum such as the Walker needs a real restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Happy HourMNMarieDined on 7/3/2014Four of us came to dinner on a Thursday night for the happy hour. We enjoyed the free tasting flight of a featured brewery, then ordered our drinks. Two of us enjoyed the house red for $5 per serving. The other two continued to drink beer at happy hour prices. We ordered all four of the small plates (at a very discounted, $5 price apiece). They were all delicious. We look forward to returning.Special Features:
- The following 175 reviews are from the Gather reviews archive.
- first ThursdayKellyDined on 5/1/2014This was my second first Thursday and for some reason the staff service was terrible. We were completely ignored for about fifteen minutes and finally got our drinks at the bar instead. Last time was better so maybe they were just off their game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not really impressedMN2002VIPDined on 4/27/2014Food quality and service were not great when we visited for Sunday lunch while visiting the museum. Grilled sandwich our daughter ordered was not well grilled, still chunk of cold cheese in the middle. Potato chips were so salty. Upgraded french fries were like frozen kind quality. Salmon crude is not really crude to my standard. Over cured with soy sauce aka "tamari". Regards to service, only one server for the entire restaurant on Sunday lunch hours. More than 10 minutes waited until we were attended to order. Our server then never returned until we requested the bill. Location is excellent but I prefer the museum cafe over this restaurant for the quality and the service.
- Rotating items on the menupauljportDined on 4/3/2014Rotating items on the menu from different featured local chefs never fail to provide new, fresh and amazing food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good happy hour withOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/27/2014Very good happy hour with very reasonable prices for food and wine.Special Features:
- Bad foodPatBDined on 3/23/2014Went to this restaurant for a friend's b-day. Unfortunately, everything I had was bad. Starting out with the cappuccino -- not well made, to my entrée -- grilled fish tacos -- not grilled (cubed in tiny cubes, with some mild tasteless sauce on it), not much food, and tasteless. Completely tasteless. For dessert, the apple cake -- again, tasteless, with a sauce that was tasteless. It was as though they had frozen it, brought it out and microwaved it. It also had a strange consistency, with little decorative lumps of gelatin on the side, that only had texture. No flavor. It was a bad meal. The service was good. Nice atmosphere. My friend chose restaurant, so i did not ask her about her meal.
- My partner and I have beenperkey1Dined on 2/6/2014My partner and I have been eating here consistently for the past year or so. We are never disappointed. We bring friends every month and recommend to those who can't make it in our large group. The guest chefs every month really add a nice touch to an already superb menu. And after lunch or dinner you can check out the galleries!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avoid the "Arrow Awards" MenuluciferousDined on 1/5/2014Four of us went during the 2013 showing of the Arrow Awards, and we all ended up ordering one thing or another from their list of "British" items that were available during the month of December. None of us had ever been to Gather before then, so it's impossible to compare their normal menu, but none of us were very impressed with what we had that day... especially for the price. (By the time the dust settled, the bill was somewhere between $35 and $40 per person, with tip.)
- Glad I tried itSlapHappyDined on 1/4/2014Went to Gather before the British Arrow Awards. Had several of the British specials including scotch egg, bangers and mash, and the cheddar soup. I also had the sweet potato gnocchi. Everything was delicious. I was especially impressed with the scotch egg as they used quail eggs and give you a portion of three. If you've ever had a scotch egg you know that they can be heavy and very filling. By using quail eggs Gather found the perfect size so that you can concentrate on the flavors not whether you can finish it. I will return but only for special occasions as my pocketbook can't handle those prices very often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Night to RememberOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/3/2014I headed to Gather after viewing the British Arrow Awards and the dinner was a perfect finale to a fantastic British evening. The special items available for the awards were absolutely delicious, but the other menu items looked just as satisfying. The dimly light, intimate setting was perfect, topped off with a gorgeous view of downtown Minneapolis. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arrow Awards and English PubJED1Dined on 1/3/2014Food was outstanding. Loved the British theme during the British Arrow Awards. Salads were fresh and lovely dressings. Nice wines by the glass. Enjoyed the curry, the fish and chips, as well as the Scotish Eggs. View of downtown Minneapolis at night is gorgeous. Service was exceptional on a very busy Friday night. Heated underground parking was hugely appreciated.Special Features:
- Phenomenal wait staffOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/2/2014Food was ok; it was convenient for a before -the-Arrow-Awards dinnerI would recommend this to a friend.
- Request deniedAWalkermemberDined on 12/30/2013Made a polite request to be seated near a window and our party of four sat near a table set for four that was near a window...Very disappointed in the maître de who disregarded our request that was made upon reservation and disregarded while the nearby window table sat empty through our time there...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- English nightJackDined on 12/30/2013Took advantage of the special English-centric menu at Gather in the Walker Art Center in association with the British Ad showings. Terribly over-priced!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulTessDined on 12/30/2013The food choices were described perfectly. Our server knew the menu and the kitchen. Food was out of this world delish. We were seated in a window because we had reservations through Open Table. Highly recommend the venue, the food and be sure to make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedCaroDined on 12/30/2013We were looking forward to eating there as it had such a good reputation. We found the food overpriced for the quantity and quality of it: the Ploughman plate was so small and not exceptionally British for the occasion, the fish tacos were very dry and did not taste much. We found the food overpriced for what we did get in return.
- Beautiful but below parOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/29/2013Made a reservation on OpenTable and got a beautiful table by the window. The food was unremarkable to bad...and expensive. Not a good combo. Fish & chips: batter dark on outside , not cooked on inside. Chips were mostly overdone. In hindsight, we should have sent it back. The fettuccini was dull--no one flavor showing through and no brightness...shrimp were not deveined --at $17 for a lunch portion. The chicken was said by a fellow diner to be delicious. But, geez, at those prices, each dish should shine! Our waitress brought us someone else's bill that had already been paid...I considered....but the dine and dash is for younger folk. Won't be back.
- Good food with a great viewSandySDined on 12/29/2013We enjoyed our Sunday lunch at Gather. The service was prompt, the food was good, and we loved the view.Special Features:
- wonderful experincelnrusDined on 12/28/2013I took my mother to Gather after our showing of the British Arrow Awards. It's quite the gem. Great food list and fantastic atmosphere along with an attentive staff. Highly recommend for a romantic date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful waitressFancyNancyDined on 12/26/2013We had a wonderful experience at Gather. Our waitress was very helpful. She reminded us about the Happy Hour specials, recommended the incredibly good french fries, and generally took very good care of us. It was noisy but we were seated in a corner in front of the windows so we didn't mind too much. The view from there is scenic--churches, Loring Park, etc. Our entrees were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOH in the WeedskitchenquweenDined on 12/22/2013The food, the ambiance & the view were all wonderful. I wish I could say the same for service. My wife enjoyed her glass of wine, but when her empty glass was removed there was no offer of an additional beverage. After we finished the elevated scotch eggs we were provided with a bread plate, but the side plates were not replaced & we had to ask the server. When the entrees arrived the server realized that the order was incorrect, put my wife's plate & took my plate back to the pass. When the server returned to apologize my wife had to hand her the plate she had dropped. Only at the end of the meal was an apology offered, by which point we were disappointed enough to cross Gather off of our list despite it's attributes.Special Features:
- Our annual treatJudyMDined on 12/21/2013Having a British-themed dinner here before the British Arrow Awards show is a favorite family tradition. This year, our favorite item was the trifle, rich and creamy with lovely fresh berries. Really, the only drawback is the noise level, which is higher than I'd like even when the place isn't completely full. As always, service is the best feature: our server took the initiative to ask right away if we were heading for a show so she'd know our time frame, and was consistently attentive and pleasant. We certainly plan to return next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- British food is fun!SarooDined on 12/21/2013Server did not verify my drink order. Otherwise the food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Walker PubGiraffelassDined on 12/20/2013My husband and I ordered from Gather's 'Walker Pub' menu. I had bangers and mash, he had fish and chips. Bangers were totally great. Mash was creamy and delicious. Fish and chips were just okay. Our cocktails were brilliant though. He had the royal tea and I had a pear martini. Both awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappounted with promised vegan opakkaDined on 12/20/2013I specifically asked if a vegan diet would be workable both when I made the reservation and when they called to confirm. 'just let your wait staff know our chefs will work with you'. At dinner the solution was eat a salad.
- Great place to stop afterFritzVIPDined on 12/19/2013Great place to stop after British Ad awards on Thursday for their $5 Small Plate specials. Nice view of the Basilica and other churches in the downtown area. Try it - you will like it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was excellent andGrazerBubDined on 12/13/2013Service was excellent and wines were of quality. The noise level diminished what would be otherwise a relaxing and perhaps even a romantic experience. Price was steep, but that is to be expected considering the owners and the location. Would not recommend it as a go-to spot, only when visiting the Walker.Special Features:
- Holiday treatLeLuDined on 12/13/2013The GATHER provides a variety of treats, many on the menu and the view of the snowy city skyline. The handmade fettuccine noodles were very delicate served with tender shrimp in a tomato broth and the bison burger is a favorite with light crispy chips. Of course the desert ginger apple cake with toppings finished off a lovely meal. We received good service and noted attentive management oversight.Special Features:
- Overall, great, but way tooOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/12/2013Overall, great, but way too noisy. We were anxiouos to leave so we could stop shouting across the table. The above rating for 'noise level" is filled out as "energetic" even though it was not, it was tooooo noisy. I would tell that to those asking about the restaurant, though everything else would get a good review. When people dine they expect to be able to converse easily.I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunchpattyDined on 12/12/2013I love to meet my friends at gather for lunch - the food is reasonable and good -- view is fabulous and servie almost always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- British @ WalkerBrit1229Dined on 12/7/2013We had a great time dining at Gather before going to see the British Arrow Awards on Saturday night. The service was excellent, the food was interesting and very tasty. I would love to go back to try the regular menu at Gather. The waitress went to great lengths to split our bill between the 3 couples at our table but I noticed afterwards that I was charged for an extra glass of wine and she didn't give my $1 discount that we were supposed to get with our ticket to the show. Hopefully one of the other couples was charged for one less glass of wine :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.