75 Northern Ave
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gatherboston.com/
- Phone: 6179827220
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday -Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm (late night menu until 1:00am)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dennis Wilson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Gather
Gather is a full service restaurant and bar adjacent to District Hall that serves a menu of affordable, fresh, and inventive dishes inspired by modern-American cuisine. Located in Boston's fast-growing Seaport District, Gather offers guests a bright and airy space with a comfortable and energetic atmosphere for friends, co-workers and more to come together. The bar serves delicious cocktails, local craft beers and a wide selection of wines by the glass and bottle. Gather will serve lunch and dinner daily, with menus featuring creative and inventive dishes inspired by modern American cuisine. Worldly dishes will be alongside today’s standards such as chicken and waffles, flatbread pizza and cheeseburgers. The menu will feature snacks, fresh local seafood, entree salads and daily specials.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gather reviews from OpenTable diners
179 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (101)scenic view (73)good for groups (55)fit for foodies (50)neighborhood gem (47)vibrant bar scene (47)great for lunch (42)hot spot (42)late-night find (19)special occasion (15)great for brunch (10)romantic (10)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (5)Show More
- Casual EleganceSam202Dined on 8/23/2014Gathers was a great date spot! We went early around 515 and it was very quiet, but come to 7 and it was bustling! Fun atmosphere. Our server Christine was a gem! It is definitely a spot you want to take in. The oysters were the best I've had, as well as the peach sangria. The design was elegant, but the feeling was casual. It is definitely worth the price. I would highly recommend this spot from casual drinks to pre concert fun to a romantic date night.Special Features:
- Terrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014Our server was terrible, took him a very long time to come deliver menu's, seemend to just drop things on the table as if he was annoyed we were there, no offer of water, another drink, etc. We were laughing about how bad it was with the table next to us as they felt the same way. Our drinks were terrible, didn't taste like they had any of the ingredients described in them, were never asked or offered another. We had to ask 3x for water until finally the person delivering our food brought some over after asking them. After our appetizer our waiter didn't return for at least another 20 min to take our orders and the same once delivered, took 20+ min just to ask for a check. The food was mediocre at best, drinks disappointing for the price.
- Great pre-concert dinnerMalloryDined on 8/22/2014Made a reservation for a Friday at 6pm and I'm glad I did. The bar and tables were packed. We were seated right away. Our service was perfect. We were very indecisive and went with multiple small plates instead of entrees. We enjoyed all of our cocktails and apps. The ambiance is very much something out of L.A. and doesn't feel like Boston at all. It makes sense that this kind of place would be in the innovation district. There was a good crowd, nice menu and the prices were reasonable for the area.Special Features:
- Saturday nightCrystalWDined on 8/16/2014The view was great along with the decor and ambiance. Arriving around 6PM, the restaurant and bar was relatively empty with a few at the bar and eating dinner. I also noticed two large parties (10+?). The tables are long and thus very accommodating for larger parties. The food was also amazing. The salmon was tender and the tuna tartare was not overdone like most I've had.Special Features:
- Great night out with friendsbostonDined on 8/15/2014Drinks were great! Food was yummy. Great for a group.Special Features:
- Great Place to Eat/Drink/GatherEllDeeDined on 8/15/2014Loved this place! We had the duck tacos, chicken and waffle bites, jambalaya and the salad with lobster. All were just scrumptious! Would definitely go back. Our server was terrific; she was very friendly, attentive and on top of things. Quick drink refills and the food came out very quickly. We were there on a Friday night at 5:30. Bar was hoppin! Beautiful view and convenient parking. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014We went with a group of 6 people for lunch and everyone enjoyed their meal very much. Our waitress was friendly and efficient. I would reccomend Gather to friends and co-workers. I definitely plan to make another visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great surprise!biggdadddyDined on 8/9/2014after surveying the list of restaurants in the seaport area I chose gather for the availability of seating for four people at a specific time and I was quickly accommodated. the food was excellent especially the skirt steak which was cooked perfectly. food delivery took a tad longer than expected but we had budgeted our time correctly and the scenery and activity in the area made our time fly by. I have already and will continue to recommend gather!Special Features:
- Better than expected!RBNYCVIPDined on 8/8/2014A friend told me that the restaurant was "good" but not memorable. I disagree. Great service, great, interesting and very tasty menu, and loved the ambiance. Wish it was right on the water and stay away from prime time at the bar - that is when you can't hear yourself think!Special Features:
- Nice night out on the patioDrGreenDined on 8/8/2014Good food, nice drinks, decent service... Outside during the summer is where it's at.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So much potentialabc123Dined on 8/7/2014I was really excited to go here, and I left feeling like everything was just below where I expected it to be. We weren't greeted by the hostess outside, so we just assumed we had to go inside. Once in there, it was really cold and very loud, so we moved outside. They gave us a different app than we ordered, so the correct app came out with our food. The salad was pretty good but not exceptional. I would possibly try this place once more time to see if this was all a fluke, but I wouldn't recommend it now.Special Features:
- Casual SpotHightowerPowerDined on 8/6/2014I took my wife there for her birthday because neither of us had been there and the rest of the Seaport was really old hat at this point. Gather is a really cool spot and also a unique one. Sort of a work space/cafe/bar scene in there and that was tough to figure out. It's really more of a place to go after work or just with a group of friends for drinks and apps. The entree menu is thin and falls short of the quality on their appetizer and salad options. I really like the spot however. It's just not a "dinner" restaurant. I'll definitely go back for the Nantucket Mules, ceviche, duck tacos, and homemade chips and dip.Special Features:
- duck tacosOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/5/2014The duck tacos are really good - could be an appetizer or entree. Great service and close to the convention center.Special Features:
- Unsophisticated restaurantAlpoVIPDined on 8/3/2014Poor service, poor attitude, impossible parking, uninteresting menu. It is obvious the owner is NOT in the store!
- Just RightJBEXP1Dined on 8/2/2014While the Boston Seaport has become a destination full of new restaurants, they have differentiate themselves, in many cases, by being bigger, flashier, louder or just more then their rivals. Enter Gather. The food is not only creative and tasty but the presentation is attractive and simple. The place was full but you never felt rushed or overwhelmed. Service was attentive without being hovering and our server was knowledgeable about both the bar and food offerings. Certainlly on this night Gather was just right.Special Features:
- FunCarolDined on 8/2/2014We went to Gather to celebrate my daughter's 21st birthday. The service and food was excellent but the atmosphere was definitely different than any other place I've been to. The décor reminded me of an episode of "Design on a Dime". It wasn't bad, just very different. I can't say enough about the food and service. There were 8 of us and we all had a great time!Special Features:
- Nice outdoor seatingFrenchFanDined on 8/1/2014The chicken and waffles appetizer was delicious. Great location for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2014I had heard about Gather from an episode of Phantom Gourmet. I was curious about the dinning experience, but raring to try the food. We had a group of 6 celebrating a birthday. The waitress was great and the food was Excellent. I will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and viewSoSoDined on 7/29/2014A romantic patio provides views of the water while you munch on great appetizers, such as the delicious grilled octopus with aioli. The service is a bit slow, so don't go if you are in a rush. But the ambiance is so magnificent that the poor service can be overlooked.Special Features:
- Beat expectations!GatherDined on 7/26/2014Tried to get reservations at legal Harborside and couldn't get in. So we decided to go to Gather and I was very impressed. The margarita was super spicy and delicious. My wife got the Mojito and enjoyed it as well. We got the octopus which was absolutely amazing. Super tender and per extra cooked, you need to try this. We also got duck tacos which were good, but very messy. You need to wear a bib. The lobster roll was humongous and delicious. The seafood jambalaya was okay, you are better off getting the lobster roll. This place is definitely worth a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ApatheticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014Got the feeling no one wanted to be here working. The bar tender was not friendly and smacking gum. She was not engaging at all. The "special" tasted like it was a frozen meal out the freezer and warmed in a microwave. Doubt gather will be here long
- A place to atleast try onceNoogieDined on 7/25/2014Gather is a place to check out for its aesthetically pleasing interior decor (the hanging light fixtures), some of its mixed drink and dish offerings, and outdoor seating (a street away from the actual harbor - still a great view though). I recommend the Boom Boom Shrimp as a starter and their firey margarita, the Picante. I made a mistake of getting a pasta dish (Pasta & Pesto), but it was still good. After my first visit, I would recommend visiting Gather at least once for a drink/cocktail, or starters before your dinner reservation. I plan to try out its Sunday brunch menu as I think this will be a great brunch place for a warm and sunny afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great octopusOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/25/2014Loved the grilled octopus and cocktails. I also ate a salad and pasta that was not so great and very expensive. It was hard to get the waitress attention as she was attending too many tables. The outdoor seating was great as we had a view of the ocean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Comfort FoodDeeCDined on 7/24/2014I have been there twice now and I have really enjoyed the ceviche with the accompaniment of lotus root chips, salsa and guacamole.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprisingly good!mrstibsVIPDined on 7/23/2014I didn't know anything about Gather but was looking for something in the neighborhood and thought we'd try something new. I had the cod which was delicious and my friends had the seviche and salmon. We all really enjoyed our experience. I would probably have given it a higher rating on ambiance if it hadn't been so warm. It was a really hot night and on the way out we noticed that the door near where we were sitting was open so the A/C was not working to its fullest.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedMGH1Dined on 7/23/2014If you want a nice view, might as well go to a place on the other side of the street. Nothing special about cocktail or wine list but it wasn't disappointing either. Lobster roll was good, fruit + cheese plate below par. Our server was very nice and attentive.
- Great Casual DiningspoiledboyDined on 7/19/2014Location is great for outdoor dining and the food is casual yet creative. A great deal in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014We were going to a show in that area....starting the day before I tried to get reservations and there was no availability in any of the restaurants closer to the Blue Hills Pavilion. I found Gather in a final search on Open Table. I'm so glad I found it. It has plenty of availability but wasn't completely empty. We had a nice outside table with a great view of the bay. Dinner was perfectly prepared to our liking, priced reasonably (for that area), and the drinks were top notch. We ended up spending over 2 hours there with friends. Would definitely go again.Special Features:
- CurtCurtDined on 7/18/2014Enjoy the atmosphere in the innovation district. This time remarkable improvement on service. Staff very friendly! Pasto was great, tacos my daughter had were delicious, more people mid age and up should come down and take advantage of the young and vibrant and innovative atmosphere at District Hall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gather dining/great experiencegreatDined on 7/12/2014had a great night of outdoor dining w/ friends - Annie our waitress enhanced the experience - food/service/ambiance was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Gather!VCBostonDined on 7/11/2014Great food, service, menu and ambience! Cannot wait to get back!!Special Features:
- Oscar Meyer Was HereICouldEatVIPDined on 7/7/2014Great cocktails, so-so lunch. I've been here for after-work drinks and the bar is lively and fun. I took a colleague to lunch, however, and was underwhelmed. I ordered the turkey club and what I got for meat was the thin slices you get from a cheap package at the supermarket. Service was very good but I think I will stick to drinks from here on out.
- Food was okAvon25Dined on 7/5/2014Do not get the sangria. It was worst I've ever had - basically watered down cheap wine with little fruit and no sweetness.
- A nice place to gatherNooshejanDined on 7/5/2014Great outdoor seating area with a good selection of beers. Better suited for drinks and apps than entreesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectly AdequateAimeeDined on 7/2/2014My girlfriend and I dined at Gather prior to attending a Cirque du Soleil performance. We found it clean, the staff attentive, and the food was adequate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mostly goodtrainerVIPDined on 7/2/2014First visit. A bit noisy with not great acoustics. Most meals in our party of 6 were fine. Steak was overcooked and somewhat small. Turkey club was average, not offered a choice of bread. Jambalaya was very tasty, good portion. Lobster roll good. Server pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- more professional serviceCurtDined on 6/30/2014the waitress thought you put olives in gin & tonics. requests for additional plates, set up ignored and forgotten. shrimp breading was watery, like it was done! nice servers but too inexperienced at these pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- City Flair DiningDj2014Dined on 6/27/2014We went to Gather just before having to head to the airport for vacation and the location was perfect. The service, scene and food was great. The children's options were perfect and the drinks were refreshing and different. Food was fresh and light feeling which left room for yummy dessert after. Great spot to be part of the city and atmosphere.Special Features:
- HowieVIPDined on 6/25/2014Not great. Good for some bar bites, sandwiches, and that clam chowder. Not so much for the full meals. Nice location and cool dining room + outdoorsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch SpotTamieLVIPDined on 6/25/2014I sat outside in this instance that I went to Gather. The service was great as usual. the outdoor seating faces the waterfront/Boston Harbor. I had a light lunch (mango cucumber salad) since it was 88 degrees out but it was filling and well presented. Definitely a convenient place to get quick lunch, be outside and get back to work without a wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.