75 Northern Ave
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gatherboston.com/
- Phone: (617) 982-7220
- Hours of Operation:
Bar open until 2AM Mon-Sat
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dennis Wilson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Gather
Gather is a full service restaurant and bar adjacent to District Hall that serves a menu of affordable, fresh, and inventive dishes inspired by modern-American cuisine. Located in Boston's fast-growing Seaport District, Gather offers guests a bright and airy space with a comfortable and energetic atmosphere for friends, co-workers and more to come together. The bar serves delicious cocktails, local craft beers and a wide selection of wines by the glass and bottle. Gather will serve lunch and dinner daily, with menus featuring creative and inventive dishes inspired by modern American cuisine. Worldly dishes will be alongside today’s standards such as chicken and waffles, flatbread pizza and cheeseburgers. The menu will feature snacks, fresh local seafood, entree salads and daily specials.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gather reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (63)fit for foodies (52)scenic view (39)hot spot (39)great for lunch (38)good for groups (37)neighborhood gem (34)vibrant bar scene (26)special occasion (8)late-night find (8)romantic (7)great for brunch (6)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Yummy food and great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2014Went to Gather this past weekend with my husband and parents and had a wonderful experience. We started off with cocktails and the Boom Boom Shrimp appetizer which was delicious. For entrees, my husband had the halibut and I had the lobster mac and cheese. I loved both but thought the halibut was amazing. My father thought the banana cream pie dessert was very good as well. Can't wait to go back in the futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Casaual Spot with Amazing ViewsMelrikDined on 11/16/2014Gather is a great place to go for a casual atmosphere with good food and drinks. The view is beautiful and the location is prime spot to be in Boston's Seaport District. It is on the smaller side so a if you are looking to get dinner a reservation might be easier with a big group. The menu is big and has something for everyone. It has everything from duck tacos and fried octopus for the foodies to a regular turkey club. The best part about Gather is that it is part of the new Innovation Center in Boston which is a great and needed add to the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great spot for a quick night outGatheringsDined on 11/15/2014Meal Run Down: Drink: Cucumber Cooly--fresh, tart and flavorful...I had 2. The oysters--tasted freshly plucked from the Atlantic. Briny, and full of flavor. Chowder--thick and flavorful. Just wished the cup size was a little more than the taurine it was served in for the $8 price tag. Hummus appetizer with na'an...the unsung hero was the roasted pepper feta. Shrimp plate...right size. Right taste. I had the lobster cobb salad...lots of lobster, delicious chunks of bleu cheese, not too much dressing...absolutely delicious. The entire party ate their meals without complaint. The only issue was the dessert--the banana creme pie...not enough flavor, too thick, crust was hard and had no resounding qualities...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!EmilyLVIPDined on 11/15/2014We had an awesome time on Saturday night at Gather celebrating my best friend's 30th birthday. I called ahead requesting champagne to be on the table when we got there and everything was perfect--waitress was delightful. A+ service which is the most important component of a dining experience, in my opinion, especially when it's a special occasion. All the food was DELICIOUS! Thanks for a great time--we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey and not really worth itbishDined on 11/8/2014ordered the hummus, far fewer chips than needed for the dip which was good. I had a salad, which was fine. Tried to order the mulled apple cider and after several minutes the server came back and said there wasn't any apple cider! It's November, peak season, they should have it. My friend ordered the burger which he didn't like and only ate half. The bill was pretty steep, about $92 for taco's, hummus, salad, small soup, burger, 1 beer and 1 mixed drink. No reason to go back.Special Features:
- GatherOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/7/2014Gather has excellent food, as a group we all ordered very different things from the menu and we're all pleased with our selections. Unfortunately, we were jammed into our seats, it was very noisy and our server rushed us, it is a good place to meet for a quick meal but not to "dine".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit or missSR215Dined on 11/5/2014The food was hit or miss-apps and desert were great, but the salad and pizza were just ok. Drinks just ok, as well-and very overpriced and not very boozy for what you pay. The ambiance was good and so was the service. The hostess and waitresses were all very friendly and attentive, but not overly so. I dont think this place has been open very long so maybe it hasnt really hit its stride yet. I would try it again but if the food is still off, especially the entrees, i wouldn't go a third time. Worth a try for the ambiance but I'd recommend having a few cheaper drinks elsewhere or at home before heading here. They would be smart to drop cocktail prices by a dollar or two because i would have gotten more drinks if the sticker shock had not swayed me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at GatherFoodisloveDined on 11/4/2014My friend and I went to Gather for din/drinks last night and were both impressed. The area is basically a construction site right now, so not easy to find but the location is up and coming. Our waiter quickly approached and sold us on a nice Merlot. Food here was excellent; we shared the mussels (hearty and very flavorful) & the pork empanadas (served with pico de gallo and guac - slightly disappointed with the small serving of guac). I had the veg white pizza- cheesy and yummy! Prices are worth it for the quality of food and service. A little disappointed by the ambiance, almost felt like a nice cafeteria to me but this didn't really take away from the overall experience, which is why I am rating a 5. I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gr8 Place (not for special needs)honeybee33Dined on 11/4/2014Everything they serve here is delicious, completely on-trend, and there is a wonderful selection on this menu - as long as you aren't vegan or diabetic. If you have any in your party who need no-meat or no-carb (or god forbid both), then they're pretty much stuck with a salad. Also, the decor is very cool but -wow- does it make this place noisy!!! Even leaning in and straining, I could not at all hear the person sitting on the other side of my neighbor. Don't come here with a large group or anyone over 50 who doesn't have perfect hearing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014no problems. every one of the four of us was pleased with their selection. somewhat pricey, but not outrageous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The FoodVivkDined on 10/28/2014Nice place but if your a steak and potatoes person this is not the place for you. The food is a bit on the strange side like Braised Pig Cheeks or pork belly. It was good but wasn't my type of place, prob wont go back, but would recommend it to someone who likes strange foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps Getting Better!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/24/2014I took may family hear as we have a sister who has a very limited/ restricted diet. She was so impressed and we really appreciate the server/ kitchen making some modifications. Service, food, ambiance...everything was amazing.Special Features:
- Solid experienceBostonDinerDined on 10/17/2014Negatives: The restaurant is very small, and the tables were very close together. Positives: Good drinks, fast service, food was good.Special Features:
- patt2Dined on 10/12/2014the food was good and the service was escellent. It is not aplace that I would go to on a Saturday night but great fort dina salad and lunch or even brunch. I'm just not sure about dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceTonyVIPDined on 10/5/2014We are regulars at Gather and we are never disappointed. Menu is simple but very good. service is excellent (John was our waiter and he delivered every time) and the price is a great value. Nice view of Boston harbor from many seating locations.Special Features:
- Great ambiance, great foodJBCDDined on 10/1/2014Everything about this place was great. The ambiance is trendy yet rustic, located in the Seaport which is a beautiful up and coming area. The food is modern American with a southern twist. For example, the chicken and waffles appetizer - yum! I got the lobster cobb salad which was out of this world! The gnocci looked great as well. I was with 4 people and we all enjoyed our meal. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Good food, very loudgoodgalDined on 9/30/2014My hubby and I really enjoyed Gather. We started with the meatballs, which were good, but not as hot as I would have liked. For entree, my husband had the fish, which was terrific, and I had the short rib gnocchi, which was one of the best entrees I've had in recent memory. Delicious, perfectly prepared gnocchi and tons of short rib underneath. Excellent service, too, and nice pours on the wine. The only drawback was the noise level was really out of this world. Yes there was a group of 20+ at the bar and yes the baseball wildcard game was on, but still! Other than that, really great evening at Gather.I would recommend this to a friend.
- SolidbosdinerDined on 9/26/2014Had a light supper here with a friend from out of town. Good ambience, place feels young and vibrant. Our food was fresh and simple. Nothing to write home about, but definitely fine for the prices. I wouldn't necessarily suggest anyone to go out of their way to eat here, but if you are in the neighborhood, it's a nice little spot, expecially on a warm evening when you can sit outside. Good drinks menu and solid, smiling service. Overall, dependable but not spectacular.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/26/2014Food was bland; not worth the price. Service was good. Parking is a nightmare with the construction in the area.
- Gnocchi with short ribFoodieVIPDined on 9/26/2014Delicious food, great service, fun atmosphere. My favorite dish is the gnocchi with short rib. My lunch partner had the lobster avocado salad which she loved and which looked amazing. Next time.Special Features:
- great lunch!marnyDined on 9/21/2014Food was delicious and service fabulous too. We sat on the patio and loved the scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outPatrickDined on 9/13/2014Came here while in Boston for the weekend on a reccomendation from a friend. The place was cool and the food and drinks were great. It would be my local haunt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice surpriseJordanDined on 9/12/2014We were in the Seaport area for a conference and chose Gather based on the ratings here. It's still in the midst of all the new building construction but an easy walk from the convention hotels. At first we were not thrilled with the noise level - bar was packed with a boisterous "innovation district" crowd, and the glass walls make for quite a hubbub. The large patio appeared much more laid back. However, the excellent food and service more than made up for the "soundtrack." Gather has a surprisingly good kitchen with creative ideas. Try the maple roasted brussels sprouts - you will eat every one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good reasons to Gather herecageyleftyVIPDined on 9/11/2014Terrific location in District Hall, the heart of Boston's Innovation District, and the food is great too. Super place for a business lunch, attentive staff and you can look out into Boston Harbor. Can't wait to have dinner here too. Thanks to Boston Mayor Tom Menino for getting this facility built!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HousemanDined on 9/7/2014We were entertaining out of town guests and wanted someplace new and edgy. After some research on line we found Gather. It was everything we expected. Neat décor, a very interesting menu - service was very attentive. Our friends are retired but were in the food service business internationally - found the wine list more than adequate for a place like this. A really nice find.Special Features:
- great nightmd22Dined on 9/6/2014This was a surprise birthday for my boyfriend and the service and food was fantastic. It was truly a very special night.Special Features:
- Pre-concert dinnerBostonFoodLoverVIPDined on 9/6/2014What a lovely spot for a great dinner before a concert on a hot end-of-summer evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful locationTrenewtonDined on 8/30/2014Wonderful location. Parking galore. Beautiful view. Amazing bartender. Amazing drinks. But food was okay it wasn't amazing. Great place for drinks and apps. I would like to see improvement on the food. I was there for a birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gather is a fun and causal placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2014Gather is a fun and casual restaraunt in the Boston Harbor/Seaport area--right across from the ICA. The vibe at lunch is very friendly. I had an excellent Lobster Cob salad with lots of fresh meat- great alternative to the standard lobster roll. Definitely recommend a visit especially if you are going to the ICA in Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual EleganceSam202Dined on 8/23/2014Gathers was a great date spot! We went early around 515 and it was very quiet, but come to 7 and it was bustling! Fun atmosphere. Our server Christine was a gem! It is definitely a spot you want to take in. The oysters were the best I've had, as well as the peach sangria. The design was elegant, but the feeling was casual. It is definitely worth the price. I would highly recommend this spot from casual drinks to pre concert fun to a romantic date night.Special Features:
- Terrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014Our server was terrible, took him a very long time to come deliver menu's, seemend to just drop things on the table as if he was annoyed we were there, no offer of water, another drink, etc. We were laughing about how bad it was with the table next to us as they felt the same way. Our drinks were terrible, didn't taste like they had any of the ingredients described in them, were never asked or offered another. We had to ask 3x for water until finally the person delivering our food brought some over after asking them. After our appetizer our waiter didn't return for at least another 20 min to take our orders and the same once delivered, took 20+ min just to ask for a check. The food was mediocre at best, drinks disappointing for the price.
- Great pre-concert dinnerMalloryDined on 8/22/2014Made a reservation for a Friday at 6pm and I'm glad I did. The bar and tables were packed. We were seated right away. Our service was perfect. We were very indecisive and went with multiple small plates instead of entrees. We enjoyed all of our cocktails and apps. The ambiance is very much something out of L.A. and doesn't feel like Boston at all. It makes sense that this kind of place would be in the innovation district. There was a good crowd, nice menu and the prices were reasonable for the area.Special Features:
- Saturday nightCrystalWVIPDined on 8/16/2014The view was great along with the decor and ambiance. Arriving around 6PM, the restaurant and bar was relatively empty with a few at the bar and eating dinner. I also noticed two large parties (10+?). The tables are long and thus very accommodating for larger parties. The food was also amazing. The salmon was tender and the tuna tartare was not overdone like most I've had.Special Features:
- Great night out with friendsbostonDined on 8/15/2014Drinks were great! Food was yummy. Great for a group.Special Features:
- Great Place to Eat/Drink/GatherEllDeeDined on 8/15/2014Loved this place! We had the duck tacos, chicken and waffle bites, jambalaya and the salad with lobster. All were just scrumptious! Would definitely go back. Our server was terrific; she was very friendly, attentive and on top of things. Quick drink refills and the food came out very quickly. We were there on a Friday night at 5:30. Bar was hoppin! Beautiful view and convenient parking. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014We went with a group of 6 people for lunch and everyone enjoyed their meal very much. Our waitress was friendly and efficient. I would reccomend Gather to friends and co-workers. I definitely plan to make another visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great surprise!biggdadddyDined on 8/9/2014after surveying the list of restaurants in the seaport area I chose gather for the availability of seating for four people at a specific time and I was quickly accommodated. the food was excellent especially the skirt steak which was cooked perfectly. food delivery took a tad longer than expected but we had budgeted our time correctly and the scenery and activity in the area made our time fly by. I have already and will continue to recommend gather!Special Features:
- Better than expected!RBNYCVIPDined on 8/8/2014A friend told me that the restaurant was "good" but not memorable. I disagree. Great service, great, interesting and very tasty menu, and loved the ambiance. Wish it was right on the water and stay away from prime time at the bar - that is when you can't hear yourself think!Special Features:
- Nice night out on the patioDrGreenDined on 8/8/2014Good food, nice drinks, decent service... Outside during the summer is where it's at.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So much potentialabc123Dined on 8/7/2014I was really excited to go here, and I left feeling like everything was just below where I expected it to be. We weren't greeted by the hostess outside, so we just assumed we had to go inside. Once in there, it was really cold and very loud, so we moved outside. They gave us a different app than we ordered, so the correct app came out with our food. The salad was pretty good but not exceptional. I would possibly try this place once more time to see if this was all a fluke, but I wouldn't recommend it now.Special Features: