75 Northern Ave
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gatherboston.com/
- Phone: 6179827220x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar open until 2AM Mon-Sat
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dennis Wilson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Gather
Gather is a full service restaurant and bar adjacent to District Hall that serves a menu of affordable, fresh, and inventive dishes inspired by modern-American cuisine. Located in Boston's fast-growing Seaport District, Gather offers guests a bright and airy space with a comfortable and energetic atmosphere for friends, co-workers and more to come together. The bar serves delicious cocktails, local craft beers and a wide selection of wines by the glass and bottle. Gather will serve lunch and dinner daily, with menus featuring creative and inventive dishes inspired by modern American cuisine. Worldly dishes will be alongside today’s standards such as chicken and waffles, flatbread pizza and cheeseburgers. The menu will feature snacks, fresh local seafood, entree salads and daily specials.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gather reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (82)neighborhood gem (44)fit for foodies (42)scenic view (42)good for groups (40)great for lunch (38)hot spot (38)vibrant bar scene (26)late-night find (13)romantic (10)special occasion (9)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (4)Show More
- The FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014Nice place but if your a steak and potatoes person this is not the place for you. The food is a bit on the strange side like Braised Pig Cheeks or pork belly. It was good but wasn't my type of place, prob wont go back, but would recommend it to someone who likes strange foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps Getting Better!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/24/2014I took may family hear as we have a sister who has a very limited/ restricted diet. She was so impressed and we really appreciate the server/ kitchen making some modifications. Service, food, ambiance...everything was amazing.Special Features:
- Solid experienceBostonDinerDined on 10/17/2014Negatives: The restaurant is very small, and the tables were very close together. Positives: Good drinks, fast service, food was good.Special Features:
- patt2Dined on 10/12/2014the food was good and the service was escellent. It is not aplace that I would go to on a Saturday night but great fort dina salad and lunch or even brunch. I'm just not sure about dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceTonyDined on 10/5/2014We are regulars at Gather and we are never disappointed. Menu is simple but very good. service is excellent (John was our waiter and he delivered every time) and the price is a great value. Nice view of Boston harbor from many seating locations.Special Features:
- Great ambiance, great foodJBCDDined on 10/1/2014Everything about this place was great. The ambiance is trendy yet rustic, located in the Seaport which is a beautiful up and coming area. The food is modern American with a southern twist. For example, the chicken and waffles appetizer - yum! I got the lobster cobb salad which was out of this world! The gnocci looked great as well. I was with 4 people and we all enjoyed our meal. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Good food, very loudgoodgalDined on 9/30/2014My hubby and I really enjoyed Gather. We started with the meatballs, which were good, but not as hot as I would have liked. For entree, my husband had the fish, which was terrific, and I had the short rib gnocchi, which was one of the best entrees I've had in recent memory. Delicious, perfectly prepared gnocchi and tons of short rib underneath. Excellent service, too, and nice pours on the wine. The only drawback was the noise level was really out of this world. Yes there was a group of 20+ at the bar and yes the baseball wildcard game was on, but still! Other than that, really great evening at Gather.I would recommend this to a friend.
- SolidbosdinerDined on 9/26/2014Had a light supper here with a friend from out of town. Good ambience, place feels young and vibrant. Our food was fresh and simple. Nothing to write home about, but definitely fine for the prices. I wouldn't necessarily suggest anyone to go out of their way to eat here, but if you are in the neighborhood, it's a nice little spot, expecially on a warm evening when you can sit outside. Good drinks menu and solid, smiling service. Overall, dependable but not spectacular.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/26/2014Food was bland; not worth the price. Service was good. Parking is a nightmare with the construction in the area.
- Gnocchi with short ribFoodieVIPDined on 9/26/2014Delicious food, great service, fun atmosphere. My favorite dish is the gnocchi with short rib. My lunch partner had the lobster avocado salad which she loved and which looked amazing. Next time.Special Features:
- great lunch!marnyDined on 9/21/2014Food was delicious and service fabulous too. We sat on the patio and loved the scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outPatrickDined on 9/13/2014Came here while in Boston for the weekend on a reccomendation from a friend. The place was cool and the food and drinks were great. It would be my local haunt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice surpriseJordanDined on 9/12/2014We were in the Seaport area for a conference and chose Gather based on the ratings here. It's still in the midst of all the new building construction but an easy walk from the convention hotels. At first we were not thrilled with the noise level - bar was packed with a boisterous "innovation district" crowd, and the glass walls make for quite a hubbub. The large patio appeared much more laid back. However, the excellent food and service more than made up for the "soundtrack." Gather has a surprisingly good kitchen with creative ideas. Try the maple roasted brussels sprouts - you will eat every one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good reasons to Gather herecageyleftyVIPDined on 9/11/2014Terrific location in District Hall, the heart of Boston's Innovation District, and the food is great too. Super place for a business lunch, attentive staff and you can look out into Boston Harbor. Can't wait to have dinner here too. Thanks to Boston Mayor Tom Menino for getting this facility built!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HousemanDined on 9/7/2014We were entertaining out of town guests and wanted someplace new and edgy. After some research on line we found Gather. It was everything we expected. Neat décor, a very interesting menu - service was very attentive. Our friends are retired but were in the food service business internationally - found the wine list more than adequate for a place like this. A really nice find.Special Features:
- great nightmd22Dined on 9/6/2014This was a surprise birthday for my boyfriend and the service and food was fantastic. It was truly a very special night.Special Features:
- Pre-concert dinnerBostonFoodLoverVIPDined on 9/6/2014What a lovely spot for a great dinner before a concert on a hot end-of-summer evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful locationTrenewtonDined on 8/30/2014Wonderful location. Parking galore. Beautiful view. Amazing bartender. Amazing drinks. But food was okay it wasn't amazing. Great place for drinks and apps. I would like to see improvement on the food. I was there for a birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gather is a fun and causal placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2014Gather is a fun and casual restaraunt in the Boston Harbor/Seaport area--right across from the ICA. The vibe at lunch is very friendly. I had an excellent Lobster Cob salad with lots of fresh meat- great alternative to the standard lobster roll. Definitely recommend a visit especially if you are going to the ICA in Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual EleganceSam202Dined on 8/23/2014Gathers was a great date spot! We went early around 515 and it was very quiet, but come to 7 and it was bustling! Fun atmosphere. Our server Christine was a gem! It is definitely a spot you want to take in. The oysters were the best I've had, as well as the peach sangria. The design was elegant, but the feeling was casual. It is definitely worth the price. I would highly recommend this spot from casual drinks to pre concert fun to a romantic date night.Special Features:
- Terrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014Our server was terrible, took him a very long time to come deliver menu's, seemend to just drop things on the table as if he was annoyed we were there, no offer of water, another drink, etc. We were laughing about how bad it was with the table next to us as they felt the same way. Our drinks were terrible, didn't taste like they had any of the ingredients described in them, were never asked or offered another. We had to ask 3x for water until finally the person delivering our food brought some over after asking them. After our appetizer our waiter didn't return for at least another 20 min to take our orders and the same once delivered, took 20+ min just to ask for a check. The food was mediocre at best, drinks disappointing for the price.
- Great pre-concert dinnerMalloryDined on 8/22/2014Made a reservation for a Friday at 6pm and I'm glad I did. The bar and tables were packed. We were seated right away. Our service was perfect. We were very indecisive and went with multiple small plates instead of entrees. We enjoyed all of our cocktails and apps. The ambiance is very much something out of L.A. and doesn't feel like Boston at all. It makes sense that this kind of place would be in the innovation district. There was a good crowd, nice menu and the prices were reasonable for the area.Special Features:
- Saturday nightCrystalWDined on 8/16/2014The view was great along with the decor and ambiance. Arriving around 6PM, the restaurant and bar was relatively empty with a few at the bar and eating dinner. I also noticed two large parties (10+?). The tables are long and thus very accommodating for larger parties. The food was also amazing. The salmon was tender and the tuna tartare was not overdone like most I've had.Special Features:
- Great night out with friendsbostonDined on 8/15/2014Drinks were great! Food was yummy. Great for a group.Special Features:
- Great Place to Eat/Drink/GatherEllDeeDined on 8/15/2014Loved this place! We had the duck tacos, chicken and waffle bites, jambalaya and the salad with lobster. All were just scrumptious! Would definitely go back. Our server was terrific; she was very friendly, attentive and on top of things. Quick drink refills and the food came out very quickly. We were there on a Friday night at 5:30. Bar was hoppin! Beautiful view and convenient parking. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014We went with a group of 6 people for lunch and everyone enjoyed their meal very much. Our waitress was friendly and efficient. I would reccomend Gather to friends and co-workers. I definitely plan to make another visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great surprise!biggdadddyDined on 8/9/2014after surveying the list of restaurants in the seaport area I chose gather for the availability of seating for four people at a specific time and I was quickly accommodated. the food was excellent especially the skirt steak which was cooked perfectly. food delivery took a tad longer than expected but we had budgeted our time correctly and the scenery and activity in the area made our time fly by. I have already and will continue to recommend gather!Special Features:
- Better than expected!RBNYCVIPDined on 8/8/2014A friend told me that the restaurant was "good" but not memorable. I disagree. Great service, great, interesting and very tasty menu, and loved the ambiance. Wish it was right on the water and stay away from prime time at the bar - that is when you can't hear yourself think!Special Features:
- Nice night out on the patioDrGreenDined on 8/8/2014Good food, nice drinks, decent service... Outside during the summer is where it's at.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So much potentialabc123Dined on 8/7/2014I was really excited to go here, and I left feeling like everything was just below where I expected it to be. We weren't greeted by the hostess outside, so we just assumed we had to go inside. Once in there, it was really cold and very loud, so we moved outside. They gave us a different app than we ordered, so the correct app came out with our food. The salad was pretty good but not exceptional. I would possibly try this place once more time to see if this was all a fluke, but I wouldn't recommend it now.Special Features:
- Casual SpotHightowerPowerDined on 8/6/2014I took my wife there for her birthday because neither of us had been there and the rest of the Seaport was really old hat at this point. Gather is a really cool spot and also a unique one. Sort of a work space/cafe/bar scene in there and that was tough to figure out. It's really more of a place to go after work or just with a group of friends for drinks and apps. The entree menu is thin and falls short of the quality on their appetizer and salad options. I really like the spot however. It's just not a "dinner" restaurant. I'll definitely go back for the Nantucket Mules, ceviche, duck tacos, and homemade chips and dip.Special Features:
- duck tacosOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/5/2014The duck tacos are really good - could be an appetizer or entree. Great service and close to the convention center.Special Features:
- Unsophisticated restaurantAlpoVIPDined on 8/3/2014Poor service, poor attitude, impossible parking, uninteresting menu. It is obvious the owner is NOT in the store!
- Just RightJBEXP1Dined on 8/2/2014While the Boston Seaport has become a destination full of new restaurants, they have differentiate themselves, in many cases, by being bigger, flashier, louder or just more then their rivals. Enter Gather. The food is not only creative and tasty but the presentation is attractive and simple. The place was full but you never felt rushed or overwhelmed. Service was attentive without being hovering and our server was knowledgeable about both the bar and food offerings. Certainlly on this night Gather was just right.Special Features:
- FunCarolDined on 8/2/2014We went to Gather to celebrate my daughter's 21st birthday. The service and food was excellent but the atmosphere was definitely different than any other place I've been to. The décor reminded me of an episode of "Design on a Dime". It wasn't bad, just very different. I can't say enough about the food and service. There were 8 of us and we all had a great time!Special Features:
- Nice outdoor seatingFrenchFanDined on 8/1/2014The chicken and waffles appetizer was delicious. Great location for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2014I had heard about Gather from an episode of Phantom Gourmet. I was curious about the dinning experience, but raring to try the food. We had a group of 6 celebrating a birthday. The waitress was great and the food was Excellent. I will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and viewSoSoDined on 7/29/2014A romantic patio provides views of the water while you munch on great appetizers, such as the delicious grilled octopus with aioli. The service is a bit slow, so don't go if you are in a rush. But the ambiance is so magnificent that the poor service can be overlooked.Special Features:
- Beat expectations!GatherDined on 7/26/2014Tried to get reservations at legal Harborside and couldn't get in. So we decided to go to Gather and I was very impressed. The margarita was super spicy and delicious. My wife got the Mojito and enjoyed it as well. We got the octopus which was absolutely amazing. Super tender and per extra cooked, you need to try this. We also got duck tacos which were good, but very messy. You need to wear a bib. The lobster roll was humongous and delicious. The seafood jambalaya was okay, you are better off getting the lobster roll. This place is definitely worth a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ApatheticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014Got the feeling no one wanted to be here working. The bar tender was not friendly and smacking gum. She was not engaging at all. The "special" tasted like it was a frozen meal out the freezer and warmed in a microwave. Doubt gather will be here long