560 Harrison Avenue
Boston, MA 02118Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gaslight560.com/
- Phone: 6174220224x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am; Bar: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm-12:00am, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm-1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Mike Zetner
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering available through us directly or through DiningIn.com
- Entertainment: Ambiant music
- Special Events: Restaurant is available BRUNCH starting at $20/person and DINNER starting at $45/person for semi-private dining for groups of 10-50 people (both prices exclude alcoholic beverages, tax and tip).
Private Party Facilities: Call us today for a Private Event from 100 to 250. We would be happy to host your special occasion!
Our sister restaurant Cinquecento, an Italian trattoria also located in the South End with its own free parking lot has a private room that holds up to 48 for seated dinner and 75 for cocktail receptions 617-338-9500.
- Cross Street: Waltham St.
- Public Transit: Take the Silver Line on Washington Street to either Union Park or East Berkeley St. Walk 1 block South to Harrison and then its #560.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Free parking in our adjacent lot nightly during the week and all day and evening on weekends.
A word from Gaslight
Gaslight is a French Brasserie celebrating our 4 year anniversary and our Boston Magazine award for Best French Brasserie. Starting in early spring, we have a wonderful heated patio, which is offset from all traffic and enclosed to create a romantic atmosphere. Inside, we have a full bar, 100% French wine list and free parking. We serve dinner nightly and brunch every Saturday and Sunday morning. We were voted "Boston's Best Brunch 2012" by Boston Magazine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gaslight reviews from OpenTable diners
283 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (163)fit for foodies (160)great for brunch (115)romantic (106)special occasion (100)great for outdoor dining (98)good for groups (98)hot spot (67)vibrant bar scene (61)notable wine list (50)late-night find (33)great for lunch (26)kid-friendly (11)scenic view (2)Show More
- Average ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Went to Gaslight for brunch last Sunday. The food was fine (french toast and poached eggs) …nothing to 'write-home-about' .. the two slices of vanilla french toast were nothing special and certainly not worth $11. Our waitress was practically non-existent and I couldn't get a refill on my coffee to save my life.
- Delicious french bistroSnaveVIPDined on 10/18/2014I always go to Gaslight when I am in Boston. The food is excellent. It's located in SOWA which is the newer, hip, up and coming part of town. It's a French bistro style and the only negative is that the small wooden chairs do not look comfortable. I have always been lucky enough to sit in a booth. I have the Duck Confit every time. It's the best I've ever had!Special Features:
- Great Brunch MenuRTBBostonVIPDined on 10/18/2014The menu selections for brunch here on the weekends is exquisite. Depending on your appetite, you can get something as hearty as the Croque Madame or as light as an Omelette. This is one of two places in the South End that have fantastic bloody marys. If you're an early riser, there usually isn't a huge crowd so you can sit back and enjoy the ambiance of this neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Birthday DinnerSeaweeed525Dined on 10/17/2014I brought my boyfriend here for his birthday. The service was amazing, the food was good, and their dessert (cheesecake) was to die for. Would definitely come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciossimcohVIPDined on 10/14/2014We had never been and were delighted. The escargot ans special scallop appetizer were delicious. We shared an enormous pork shop that was moist and flavorful. Desserts were good but not as special is the dinner.Special Features:
- Dinerout1Dined on 10/12/2014delicious as always! never disapointed. the service, the bloody mary's and the food are a thumbs up!Special Features:
- Great experienceGilroyDined on 10/11/2014Our party of four had dinner at Gaslight on a busy Saturday night. Everything was spot on. The tagliatelle, duck, and scallops were excellent. Service was friendly and efficient. Atmosphere was great. We were seated along the edge under the drop ceiling, so it wasn't as noisy as it would have been had we been seated in the center of the room. I've been here 5-6 times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- TgrecoDined on 10/11/2014Great brunch, wonderful service. Really appreciate parking in the neighboring lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Among Bosto BestJoeBoSoxVIPDined on 10/10/2014Gaslight is a very good mid priced restaurant in the South end.mthe neighborhood has improved and there is ample parking next to the restaurant. It is currently free parking but looks like that may change. Interesting menu options with a French twist on many traditional American dishes. Recommend for a nice cozy evening meal while in Boston.Special Features:
- First time for brunchksgshmoopsVIPDined on 10/5/2014Been here a thousand times, but this was my first brunch experience. Lots of great options, try the pork hash! Drink options were wonderful, loved the Le Jardin. Little disappointed they ran out of the ham crepes, but the cook came through in throwing together a similar dish with most of the same ingredients. The croissants were so good, warm fresh and flaky! Will definitely be back for brunch again, if only parking on Sundays because of the food trucks wasn't such a pain! The price you pay I guess!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch DateSkipperDined on 10/5/2014We had a birthday brunch date for a friend's belated birthday. Always make reservations when you come here, we were glad to have done so as when we came at 11 am, the place was packed. The service was great and attentive, the food tasty, and the energy of the place was high. It reminded me of an industrial district, similar to the Meatpacking District in NY. Parking is pretty limited around the area so I would suggest taking public transportation. I would come back again!Special Features:
- Mostly Fair.SouthEndResidentDined on 10/5/2014I've been many many times, it's a neighborhood staple but we went for a girls brunch and it wasn't as great at the same last we went with a larger group. Not sure if it was because of what I ordered or not, but normally my reviews are much better.
- Excellent!PookieDined on 10/2/2014I had the trout dinner and my friend the duck confit; both delicious! Great experience overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location, great foodPalmwellDined on 9/30/2014Excellent bar with a good selection of wine and beer. Great stmosphere in bothbthe bar and dining section. The food is very nice and has a french style. Eill definetely come back.Special Features:
- long wait, meh foodejdjDined on 9/27/2014Everyone I know LOVES this restaurant, but my food was a dissapointment. A fact made worse because it took them 1.5 hours from when we sat down to get our food.Special Features:
- My favorite French BistroIlovematzahVIPDined on 9/27/2014Everything about Gaslight is fun....from the free parking lot, original Bistro decor, consistently delicious and interesting food, to the outstanding staff! Gaslight is sure to please. Ask for the always delightful and entertaining Manager, Diego. He understands how to succeed in the competitive restaurant business, making all of his customers feel welcome and special. In fact, the entire management team is top rate; as is the waitstaff, especially Brianna!!! We dine at Gaslight at least twice a month and I never tire of the experience. Gaslight is the gem of the South End!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodDined on 9/27/2014The food was good not great. My steak was a little tough even at medium rare. Price point was nice.
- FridaynightlightsVIPDined on 9/26/2014The service was great and the appetizers were delicious. The mussels were not nearly as good as Aquitaine. My daughters ordered the steak frites well done and medium well. Both were blood red in the middle and the meat was rather chewy. the food was unfortunately a bit disappointing.Special Features:
- Solid all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/26/2014We had table for 6 on Friday night and half got there 15 minutes early and the other half 15 minutes late. Sat us early and made us feel welcome and not stressed about late group. Service was excellent all night. Classic French bistro menu with something to please everyone. The beautiful bar serves as a great backdrop to a great space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch SpotSelfProclaimedFoodieDined on 9/21/2014Went in late morning brunch on a Sunday. Even with a reservation, it was a 20 minute wait to sit outside, so we chose to inside. This wasn't a problem, since the ambiance inside is great as well. I guess the word would be "eclectic". Service was quick and very attentive, without being annoying. Of course, the food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eyeluv2dineVIPDined on 9/21/2014Our waiter , Isaac, was stellar! Efficient, helpful with menu choices, funny and kind! Perfect egg dishes and amazing coffee! The best spot to have brunch and stroll the SOWA Market and Open Studios!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice weekend treatagirlsgottaeatVIPDined on 9/21/2014There are few things that make me want to come back into the city on the weekends, but brunch at Gaslight is one of them. Finally ate here when it was warm enough to sit outside, and what a treat! The brunch menu has something for everyone and the prix fixe menu is just complete enough to leave you room for one more little pastry. Have been here for brunch three times over the last year and love it more each time. Keep up the good work Gaslight!Special Features:
- Brunch I the cityDonnaDined on 9/21/2014Gaslight( and its sister restaurants) is the best kept secret for brunch. This charming neighborhood restaurant is perfect for those early mornings that you want to do SOWA. If you eat before 11, the pre fix meal includes fresh juice, coffe or tea, a piece of pastry and a yummy entre. I had an omelette with gruyere, potatoes and carmalized onions and thin crispy fries. I enjoyed every mouthful! The wait staff is tremendous and we sat outside in the sunshine. This brunch is not to be missed!Special Features:
- Great brunch spotMichaelDined on 9/20/2014I love Gaslight for the nice outdoor seating to have Sunday brunch. I used to go there frequently when I used to live in the area. I visited Boston recently and wanted to catch up with friends and chose Gaslight because it has a good (and not so loud) atmosphere, great food and awesome personnel. The service was great as usual and the food delicious, it is just the perfect place you can always count on to have a good experience. The coffee was a bit weak for my taste but I was anyway more interested in the mimosas and bellinis ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great group bonding night outGwiseDined on 9/19/2014Organized a "night out" for my student group exec board, and we had a wonderful time. Gaslight was able to handle a large-ish group of 8 and did a great job overall. We all loved the food, wine and cocktails we ordered. The waitress even took a great group shot of us at the end of the night!Special Features:
- Marginal food, mediocre serviceFoodaholicVIPDined on 9/17/2014We must have visited on an off night, since most of the reviews here are so positive but our experience was not. Firstly, we had great difficulty hearing ANY THING our waiter said, partly because of the intense background noise but also because of his rapid fire delivery of various specials, none of which either of us could decipher. We asked him to slow down and repeat things, and it was just as indecipherable. We ordered off the menu, and while it all looked tasty, it arrived lukewarm and bland. Our waiter was nowhere to be seen, and even when asking a bus person to find him, no luck. We left, sorely disappointed in what might have been a nice dinner, and grabbed a sandwich on the way home to satisfy our appetite.
- Great place with reasonable pricingDaniVIPDined on 9/14/2014I love going to the gaslight. The service is outstanding, easy to get to, parking next door, the food is great and the prices are more than reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Kept Secret in Boston!SinglemaltDined on 9/13/2014Love this restaurant. Consistently perfect- have had a great meal, every time. Our waiter, James, new and an excellent addition to this fine team. I live out of town, and come every time I am in Boston. I have never been disappointed. Saturday, I dined in a small group, with a member of our party with severe nut allergies. Gas Light couldn't have been more accommodating, and we had a fabulous, and "safe" dining experience. They should be commended for their thoroughness and attention to detail. Highly recommend this restaurant. (Ask for James)Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemLovemexicanDined on 9/11/2014Love love love this restaurant! Food is amazing.... Ambiance great...... Service fabulous...... Definitely a "be back" restaurant!Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemGinnyVIPDined on 9/11/2014Was a vibrant scene but we were seated and forgotten. We waited over 45 minutes inbetween our drinks and dinner. Very slow and unattentive service!! Would not rush back. Meals were just ok. Pricey for what was served.Special Features:
- Gaslight - A+girlinthevilleDined on 9/10/2014One of the best all-around restaurant experiences in Boston. And...free parking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bartenders DelightRebeccaDined on 9/9/2014We had dinner at the bar and totally enjoyed the bartenders. They were attentive, informative and fun. Great Manhattans and loved the fact that they had opinions about wine and let us taste a couple of options. The salad was excellent but disappointed in the Schnitzel. The salmon and steak there are both excellent and I'll return to my favorites on my next visit. Great neighborhood spot but sit outside when its nice or at or in the bar area. Other parts of the restaurant can be extremely noisy particularly when large tables are present which is often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diners' bargainLloydVIPDined on 9/9/2014The Early bird special at Gaslight is one of Bosotn best bargains. If you arrive before 6:30 you can get a three course dinner with wine for just under $30. This time I had the excellent, tasty hangar steak with Gaslight's great fries and Bearnaise sauce, great onion soup, and s uperb apple cake for dessert. The wine wasn't great but drinkable and the whole experience was, as always, a pleasure.Special Features:
- A-may-zingNoviceFoodieVIPDined on 9/7/2014So wonderful. They are truly people pleasers. It was my birthday, and the group size changed at the last minute from 10 to 12, and they didn't even bat an eye - no problem! They also brought me free chocolate mousse...always amazing!Special Features:
- Great for brunch!Kenmore534VIPDined on 9/6/2014Great brunch, good to go on Saturdays when there isn't a wait!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceblepcakeDined on 9/5/2014Service was great: it was a busy night and they adjusted our reservation from 5 people down to 4 without a fuss; the waiter was friendly and apologetic when the food was slow to come out. Food-wise, we were all happy. The tuna main and the beignet's were excellent.Special Features:
- Third visit as great as the 1st twoNinaVIPDined on 9/5/2014Gaslight's setting and outdoor seating are made serene by ample space between tables, attractive lighting, and greenery set amidst renovated New England mill architecture. The vibe this late summer Friday evening was upbeat -everyone from the hostess to the ancillary wait staff was on point, nonintrusive but vigilant, and our server Brianna was a stand-out. The Caprese salad was elegantly simple, fresh and delicious. The chef masterfully composed the swordfish and salmon dishes so that flavors and textures were enhanced, not overwhelmed. The the parking is free, adjacent to the restaurant, and monitored by a smiling attendant begs the question:"Why go to Newbury Street for a great meal?"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very overratedTheNonWhiteCustomerDined on 9/3/2014Everyone is going there for their price instead of the quality of food. I'm expecting too much, it was very disappointing, a total waste of time. Ordered their prix fixe menu, escargots were quite tasteless and too oily, medium rare steak was over cooked, fries were too salty. The only thing that reached the standard was the apple pie... The waitress was not nice to us, she looked so annoyed and didn't want to serve any non-white customers. Not cool. This place is overrated, I couldn't believe they have so many nice reviews.
- Gaslight - c'est magnifique!Adam7271Dined on 8/30/2014I have been to Gaslight many times, and for good reason. The decor is Parisian brasserie to a T. The service is spot-on, and the food is always excellent. They make their own charcuterie in-house, and it shows. The fondue and escargot to start the meal were delicious and served piping hot. The moules frites are made with just the right amount of Pernaud for a delicate flavor. Make sure to save room for the chocolate beignets!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boston's GemCheryllVIPDined on 8/30/2014Have not been here in over a year, but again another fantastic dinner. Free parking is another reason to go in to the city.Special Features: