560 Harrison Avenue
Boston, MA 02118Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gaslight560.com/
- Phone: 6174220224x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am; Bar: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm-12:00am, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm-1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Mike Zetner
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering available through us directly or through DiningIn.com
- Entertainment: Ambiant music
- Special Events: Restaurant is available BRUNCH starting at $20/person and DINNER starting at $45/person for semi-private dining for groups of 10-50 people (both prices exclude alcoholic beverages, tax and tip).
Private Party Facilities: Call us today for a Private Event from 100 to 250. We would be happy to host your special occasion!
Our sister restaurant Cinquecento, an Italian trattoria also located in the South End with its own free parking lot has a private room that holds up to 48 for seated dinner and 75 for cocktail receptions 617-338-9500.
- Cross Street: Waltham St.
- Public Transit: Take the Silver Line on Washington Street to either Union Park or East Berkeley St. Walk 1 block South to Harrison and then its #560.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Free parking in our adjacent lot nightly during the week and all day and evening on weekends.
A word from Gaslight
Gaslight is a French Brasserie celebrating our 4 year anniversary and our Boston Magazine award for Best French Brasserie. Starting in early spring, we have a wonderful heated patio, which is offset from all traffic and enclosed to create a romantic atmosphere. Inside, we have a full bar, 100% French wine list and free parking. We serve dinner nightly and brunch every Saturday and Sunday morning. We were voted "Boston's Best Brunch 2012" by Boston Magazine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gaslight reviews from OpenTable diners
286 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (158)fit for foodies (155)great for brunch (112)great for outdoor dining (111)romantic (107)special occasion (105)good for groups (97)hot spot (54)vibrant bar scene (51)notable wine list (48)late-night find (27)great for lunch (24)kid-friendly (11)scenic view (2)Show More
- long wait, meh foodejdjDined on 9/27/2014Everyone I know LOVES this restaurant, but my food was a dissapointment. A fact made worse because it took them 1.5 hours from when we sat down to get our food.Special Features:
- My favorite French BistroIlovematzahVIPDined on 9/27/2014Everything about Gaslight is fun....from the free parking lot, original Bistro decor, consistently delicious and interesting food, to the outstanding staff! Gaslight is sure to please. Ask for the always delightful and entertaining Manager, Diego. He understands how to succeed in the competitive restaurant business, making all of his customers feel welcome and special. In fact, the entire management team is top rate; as is the waitstaff, especially Brianna!!! We dine at Gaslight at least twice a month and I never tire of the experience. Gaslight is the gem of the South End!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodDined on 9/27/2014The food was good not great. My steak was a little tough even at medium rare. Price point was nice.
- FridaynightlightsVIPDined on 9/26/2014The service was great and the appetizers were delicious. The mussels were not nearly as good as Aquitaine. My daughters ordered the steak frites well done and medium well. Both were blood red in the middle and the meat was rather chewy. the food was unfortunately a bit disappointing.Special Features:
- Solid all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/26/2014We had table for 6 on Friday night and half got there 15 minutes early and the other half 15 minutes late. Sat us early and made us feel welcome and not stressed about late group. Service was excellent all night. Classic French bistro menu with something to please everyone. The beautiful bar serves as a great backdrop to a great space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch SpotSelfProclaimedFoodieDined on 9/21/2014Went in late morning brunch on a Sunday. Even with a reservation, it was a 20 minute wait to sit outside, so we chose to inside. This wasn't a problem, since the ambiance inside is great as well. I guess the word would be "eclectic". Service was quick and very attentive, without being annoying. Of course, the food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eyeluv2dineVIPDined on 9/21/2014Our waiter , Isaac, was stellar! Efficient, helpful with menu choices, funny and kind! Perfect egg dishes and amazing coffee! The best spot to have brunch and stroll the SOWA Market and Open Studios!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice weekend treatagirlsgottaeatVIPDined on 9/21/2014There are few things that make me want to come back into the city on the weekends, but brunch at Gaslight is one of them. Finally ate here when it was warm enough to sit outside, and what a treat! The brunch menu has something for everyone and the prix fixe menu is just complete enough to leave you room for one more little pastry. Have been here for brunch three times over the last year and love it more each time. Keep up the good work Gaslight!Special Features:
- Brunch I the cityDonnaDined on 9/21/2014Gaslight( and its sister restaurants) is the best kept secret for brunch. This charming neighborhood restaurant is perfect for those early mornings that you want to do SOWA. If you eat before 11, the pre fix meal includes fresh juice, coffe or tea, a piece of pastry and a yummy entre. I had an omelette with gruyere, potatoes and carmalized onions and thin crispy fries. I enjoyed every mouthful! The wait staff is tremendous and we sat outside in the sunshine. This brunch is not to be missed!Special Features:
- Great brunch spotMichaelDined on 9/20/2014I love Gaslight for the nice outdoor seating to have Sunday brunch. I used to go there frequently when I used to live in the area. I visited Boston recently and wanted to catch up with friends and chose Gaslight because it has a good (and not so loud) atmosphere, great food and awesome personnel. The service was great as usual and the food delicious, it is just the perfect place you can always count on to have a good experience. The coffee was a bit weak for my taste but I was anyway more interested in the mimosas and bellinis ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great group bonding night outGwiseDined on 9/19/2014Organized a "night out" for my student group exec board, and we had a wonderful time. Gaslight was able to handle a large-ish group of 8 and did a great job overall. We all loved the food, wine and cocktails we ordered. The waitress even took a great group shot of us at the end of the night!Special Features:
- Marginal food, mediocre serviceFoodaholicVIPDined on 9/17/2014We must have visited on an off night, since most of the reviews here are so positive but our experience was not. Firstly, we had great difficulty hearing ANY THING our waiter said, partly because of the intense background noise but also because of his rapid fire delivery of various specials, none of which either of us could decipher. We asked him to slow down and repeat things, and it was just as indecipherable. We ordered off the menu, and while it all looked tasty, it arrived lukewarm and bland. Our waiter was nowhere to be seen, and even when asking a bus person to find him, no luck. We left, sorely disappointed in what might have been a nice dinner, and grabbed a sandwich on the way home to satisfy our appetite.
- Great place with reasonable pricingDaniVIPDined on 9/14/2014I love going to the gaslight. The service is outstanding, easy to get to, parking next door, the food is great and the prices are more than reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Kept Secret in Boston!SinglemaltDined on 9/13/2014Love this restaurant. Consistently perfect- have had a great meal, every time. Our waiter, James, new and an excellent addition to this fine team. I live out of town, and come every time I am in Boston. I have never been disappointed. Saturday, I dined in a small group, with a member of our party with severe nut allergies. Gas Light couldn't have been more accommodating, and we had a fabulous, and "safe" dining experience. They should be commended for their thoroughness and attention to detail. Highly recommend this restaurant. (Ask for James)Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemLovemexicanDined on 9/11/2014Love love love this restaurant! Food is amazing.... Ambiance great...... Service fabulous...... Definitely a "be back" restaurant!Special Features:
- Gaslight - A+girlinthevilleDined on 9/10/2014One of the best all-around restaurant experiences in Boston. And...free parking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bartenders DelightRebeccaDined on 9/9/2014We had dinner at the bar and totally enjoyed the bartenders. They were attentive, informative and fun. Great Manhattans and loved the fact that they had opinions about wine and let us taste a couple of options. The salad was excellent but disappointed in the Schnitzel. The salmon and steak there are both excellent and I'll return to my favorites on my next visit. Great neighborhood spot but sit outside when its nice or at or in the bar area. Other parts of the restaurant can be extremely noisy particularly when large tables are present which is often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diners' bargainLloydVIPDined on 9/9/2014The Early bird special at Gaslight is one of Bosotn best bargains. If you arrive before 6:30 you can get a three course dinner with wine for just under $30. This time I had the excellent, tasty hangar steak with Gaslight's great fries and Bearnaise sauce, great onion soup, and s uperb apple cake for dessert. The wine wasn't great but drinkable and the whole experience was, as always, a pleasure.Special Features:
- A-may-zingNoviceFoodieVIPDined on 9/7/2014So wonderful. They are truly people pleasers. It was my birthday, and the group size changed at the last minute from 10 to 12, and they didn't even bat an eye - no problem! They also brought me free chocolate mousse...always amazing!Special Features:
- Great for brunch!Kenmore534VIPDined on 9/6/2014Great brunch, good to go on Saturdays when there isn't a wait!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceblepcakeDined on 9/5/2014Service was great: it was a busy night and they adjusted our reservation from 5 people down to 4 without a fuss; the waiter was friendly and apologetic when the food was slow to come out. Food-wise, we were all happy. The tuna main and the beignet's were excellent.Special Features:
- Third visit as great as the 1st twoNinaVIPDined on 9/5/2014Gaslight's setting and outdoor seating are made serene by ample space between tables, attractive lighting, and greenery set amidst renovated New England mill architecture. The vibe this late summer Friday evening was upbeat -everyone from the hostess to the ancillary wait staff was on point, nonintrusive but vigilant, and our server Brianna was a stand-out. The Caprese salad was elegantly simple, fresh and delicious. The chef masterfully composed the swordfish and salmon dishes so that flavors and textures were enhanced, not overwhelmed. The the parking is free, adjacent to the restaurant, and monitored by a smiling attendant begs the question:"Why go to Newbury Street for a great meal?"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very overratedTheNonWhiteCustomerDined on 9/3/2014Everyone is going there for their price instead of the quality of food. I'm expecting too much, it was very disappointing, a total waste of time. Ordered their prix fixe menu, escargots were quite tasteless and too oily, medium rare steak was over cooked, fries were too salty. The only thing that reached the standard was the apple pie... The waitress was not nice to us, she looked so annoyed and didn't want to serve any non-white customers. Not cool. This place is overrated, I couldn't believe they have so many nice reviews.
- Gaslight - c'est magnifique!Adam7271Dined on 8/30/2014I have been to Gaslight many times, and for good reason. The decor is Parisian brasserie to a T. The service is spot-on, and the food is always excellent. They make their own charcuterie in-house, and it shows. The fondue and escargot to start the meal were delicious and served piping hot. The moules frites are made with just the right amount of Pernaud for a delicate flavor. Make sure to save room for the chocolate beignets!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boston's GemCheryllVIPDined on 8/30/2014Have not been here in over a year, but again another fantastic dinner. Free parking is another reason to go in to the city.Special Features:
- Reservations and ParkingSuburbandinerDined on 8/30/2014We like this place for the parking and ambience. Foid can be good, depending on what you choose. Love the Sunday brunch food and scene. Great drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food!yuanDined on 8/30/2014I came here on a Saturday night with my boyfriend. I ordered the daily special - pan roasted scallops with roasted asparagus and puree. Scallops were perfectly cooked and went well with the vegetables. Our server for the evening was also extremely accommodating and made sure we had everything we needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wont go back ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/30/2014The resturant called Saturday night to confim Sunday. We were going to be late due to traffice at 5:20, I called about my 5:30 reservation and they couldn't find it.We arrived 5 minutes late our outside table was given away. We were ushered inside to a pho friendly hostess who promptly sat us at a table with the sun blaring, when we asked to move they made like it was a big problem by the way the resturant was empty. They tried to move us to a shared table we then just took ourselves to another table. The waiter was very nice. The food was fine. The annoying manager kept coming over to explain what happened but not really and was not that nice about it. She spoke too loudly and made the situation worse and no real apology.
- Lives up to the hypeJuicy0510Dined on 8/29/2014Gaslight looks and feels like an authentic French neighborhood bistro. The portions are not huge; my goat cheese & fig tarting was delicious but tiny. The smoked salmon appetizer was good & a generous portion. For the entrees, the duck confit & roast chicken were delicious albeit not huge portions. For dessert, the coconut cake was the best thing we had, but skip the Apple cake as it was bland and a bit stale. The service was very good and attentive, but we were not offered more bread. The bread was good and the whipped butter delish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service above the barJaysBostonDined on 8/28/2014Extraordinary service. True, we were early (6:00) & the place was not busy, but the wait staff made such an effort to accommodate sides and appetizers. It was welcome and very much appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine out weekKarismaDined on 8/25/2014I have been dying to try this restaurant. The bread comes out warm with whipped butter. Our server was super polite and attentive. The food was delish. I enjoyed my steak. My friend got trout which was just as tasty. And the flour less chocolate brownie or cake was amazing. I will come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular ServicebackbayfoodieDined on 8/24/2014Excellent food and spectacular service, on a fairly busy Sunday. Everyone from the Maître d' to the servers were extremely courteous, professional and very friendly. Couldn't be better. Food was excellent, OJ perfect, coffee refreshing, cream brûlée to die forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Want to eat here every nightJoshVIPDined on 8/23/2014Gaslight is a beautiful space-- even outdoor seating now. We did the prefix DineOut menu, cheddar beignets, raspberry salad with honey and goat cheese... so fresh and delicious. We opted to do a steak, a pork, and trout. Everything came with marvelous toppings and sides. Portions were a lot larger than we had expected. The steak was cooked to perfection and mouth watering. Every bite of the pork was a burst of flavor. The trout was moist went so well with the succotash topping. Three adults- two cleaned out plates, as my mother kindly said- I'm going to have desert and if I have my druthers I'm going to eat the steak and leave the veggies. The desert of strawberry cake and flourless chocolate was large enough to split and nummy!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014It was my third or fourth time dining at Gaslight, and the best experience yet. The food (escargots, duck confit, and steak) was prepared perfectly, and the service was excellent. I usually eat on a budget, but Gaslight is a place I don't mind treating myself and friends to every so often. Plus, the free parking lot is a convenient perk that is hard to come by for a restaurant in the city!Special Features:
- Wonderful dinner!BostonTechGuyDined on 8/22/2014The food and ambience were both fantastic — and service was top-notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining Al Fresco!westenderVIPDined on 8/20/2014My sister was visiting from Manhattan, and we wanted someplace nice, easy and where we could eat outside. We had a lovely evening dining on the outside patio at Gaslight. What an asset, along with the parking right next door! Our server was outstanding, helpful without an attitude, and always ready with suggestions and opinions. The food was just right. We shared appetizers, then each had an entrée, which resulted in a take-away bag! Really tasty French cuisine, and AMAZING baguettes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice night out4starDined on 8/20/2014Great night out for restaurant week, the only negatives were that both deserts were awful. The ambience was wonderful and we will be back but the service level wasn't what we expected especially considering we had 2 waiters! We had to flag them down numerous times for small things which I found slightly annoying and when we left and explained why we only took one bite of desert we weren't offered any sort of discount, even with the RW pricing. Disappointing but we will try it again and hope for better results.Special Features:
- A gem in South EndOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2014This was our first time at Gaslight and we will definitely be going back. We were able to get a seat on the patio, which was lovely and had heat lamps when it turned a little chilly. Our waiter, Alex, was very attentive and had great recommendations. We ordered from the DineOut menu, which gave us a chance to try 3 courses. The goat cheese beignets were melt-in-your-mouth fantastic. The rice pilaf with sweet corn that accompanied the pork loin entree was my favorite. It had incredible flavor and a nice kick. And the lemon souffle was light as air. Overall, our dining experience was delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dine Out Week ExperiencelplayDined on 8/17/2014We were here for Dine Out Week menu. The gazpacho was amazing, with different taste in every spoonful. The fish dish was highly recommended! Their flourless chocolate cake was also smooth and thick!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular BrunchDarylVIPDined on 8/17/2014With the Parisian subway tile, vaulted ceilings, and bright atmosphere, Gaslight's ambiance alone is worth a trip. Even though it was a sunny and warm day, we opted to sit inside to really soak it up. The brunch menu is typically French -- lots of egg dishes and ample use of simple flavors with savory notes (even the scrambled egg dish has a flavor of truffles). You really can't go wrong with any of the items on the menu, and be sure to add in a blueberry muffin and a drink from the special cocktails menu to balance it all out. We look forward to returning!Special Features: