560 Harrison Avenue
Boston, MA 02118Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gaslight560.com/
- Phone: 6174220224x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am; Bar: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm-12:00am, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm-1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Mike Zetner
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering available through us directly or through DiningIn.com
- Entertainment: Ambiant music
- Special Events: Restaurant is available BRUNCH starting at $20/person and DINNER starting at $45/person for semi-private dining for groups of 10-50 people (both prices exclude alcoholic beverages, tax and tip).
Private Party Facilities: Call us today for a Private Event from 100 to 250. We would be happy to host your special occasion!
Our sister restaurant Cinquecento, an Italian trattoria also located in the South End with its own free parking lot has a private room that holds up to 48 for seated dinner and 75 for cocktail receptions 617-338-9500.
- Cross Street: Waltham St.
- Public Transit: Take the Silver Line on Washington Street to either Union Park or East Berkeley St. Walk 1 block South to Harrison and then its #560.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Free parking in our adjacent lot nightly during the week and all day and evening on weekends.
A word from Gaslight
Gaslight is a French Brasserie celebrating our 4 year anniversary and our Boston Magazine award for Best French Brasserie. Starting in early spring, we have a wonderful heated patio, which is offset from all traffic and enclosed to create a romantic atmosphere. Inside, we have a full bar, 100% French wine list and free parking. We serve dinner nightly and brunch every Saturday and Sunday morning. We were voted "Boston's Best Brunch 2012" by Boston Magazine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gaslight reviews from OpenTable diners
278 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (148)neighborhood gem (142)great for brunch (113)special occasion (110)romantic (99)good for groups (93)great for outdoor dining (82)vibrant bar scene (53)hot spot (45)notable wine list (41)great for lunch (24)late-night find (23)kid-friendly (18)scenic view (3)Show More
- Spectacular ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Excellent food and spectacular service, on a fairly busy Sunday. Everyone from the Maître d' to the servers were extremely courteous, professional and very friendly. Couldn't be better. Food was excellent, OJ perfect, coffee refreshing, cream brûlée to die forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Want to eat here every nightJoshVIPDined on 8/23/2014Gaslight is a beautiful space-- even outdoor seating now. We did the prefix DineOut menu, cheddar beignets, raspberry salad with honey and goat cheese... so fresh and delicious. We opted to do a steak, a pork, and trout. Everything came with marvelous toppings and sides. Portions were a lot larger than we had expected. The steak was cooked to perfection and mouth watering. Every bite of the pork was a burst of flavor. The trout was moist went so well with the succotash topping. Three adults- two cleaned out plates, as my mother kindly said- I'm going to have desert and if I have my druthers I'm going to eat the steak and leave the veggies. The desert of strawberry cake and flourless chocolate was large enough to split and nummy!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014It was my third or fourth time dining at Gaslight, and the best experience yet. The food (escargots, duck confit, and steak) was prepared perfectly, and the service was excellent. I usually eat on a budget, but Gaslight is a place I don't mind treating myself and friends to every so often. Plus, the free parking lot is a convenient perk that is hard to come by for a restaurant in the city!Special Features:
- Wonderful dinner!BostonTechGuyDined on 8/22/2014The food and ambience were both fantastic — and service was top-notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining Al Fresco!westenderVIPDined on 8/20/2014My sister was visiting from Manhattan, and we wanted someplace nice, easy and where we could eat outside. We had a lovely evening dining on the outside patio at Gaslight. What an asset, along with the parking right next door! Our server was outstanding, helpful without an attitude, and always ready with suggestions and opinions. The food was just right. We shared appetizers, then each had an entrée, which resulted in a take-away bag! Really tasty French cuisine, and AMAZING baguettes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice night out4starDined on 8/20/2014Great night out for restaurant week, the only negatives were that both deserts were awful. The ambience was wonderful and we will be back but the service level wasn't what we expected especially considering we had 2 waiters! We had to flag them down numerous times for small things which I found slightly annoying and when we left and explained why we only took one bite of desert we weren't offered any sort of discount, even with the RW pricing. Disappointing but we will try it again and hope for better results.Special Features:
- A gem in South EndOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2014This was our first time at Gaslight and we will definitely be going back. We were able to get a seat on the patio, which was lovely and had heat lamps when it turned a little chilly. Our waiter, Alex, was very attentive and had great recommendations. We ordered from the DineOut menu, which gave us a chance to try 3 courses. The goat cheese beignets were melt-in-your-mouth fantastic. The rice pilaf with sweet corn that accompanied the pork loin entree was my favorite. It had incredible flavor and a nice kick. And the lemon souffle was light as air. Overall, our dining experience was delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dine Out Week ExperiencelplayDined on 8/17/2014We were here for Dine Out Week menu. The gazpacho was amazing, with different taste in every spoonful. The fish dish was highly recommended! Their flourless chocolate cake was also smooth and thick!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular BrunchDarylVIPDined on 8/17/2014With the Parisian subway tile, vaulted ceilings, and bright atmosphere, Gaslight's ambiance alone is worth a trip. Even though it was a sunny and warm day, we opted to sit inside to really soak it up. The brunch menu is typically French -- lots of egg dishes and ample use of simple flavors with savory notes (even the scrambled egg dish has a flavor of truffles). You really can't go wrong with any of the items on the menu, and be sure to add in a blueberry muffin and a drink from the special cocktails menu to balance it all out. We look forward to returning!Special Features:
- MixedDJJDDined on 8/16/2014Great atmosphere, great brunch food, but drinks were mixed poorly and service was a bit lacking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing service!Lolo61188Dined on 8/16/2014Service was phenomenal! I was with a group of navy officers and the manager was nice enough to come out and thank us all for our service and gave us some delicious pastry baskets :) our waiter Tyler was also extremely energetic, prompt and really made our morning. And as always the food was delicious. This isn't my first time dining here and it certainly won't be my lastSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always impeccableCat1Dined on 8/15/2014Every time I have come here, I am so happy at the perfect "tri-fecta" I look for in a restaurant; excellent food, great service and beautiful ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun to be atLloydVIPDined on 8/12/2014The early-bird prix fixe is one of the great bargains in Boston dining. An excellent appatizer (Gaslight's great onion soup or very good escargots on my night), a choice of three superb entrees: rotisserie chicken, steak frites, or trout (my night the trout seemed a little tired, though it's been brilliant in the past), and dessert, plus a glass of wine--for under $30.00--in one of the most delightful "ambiences" in Boston. The service is always attentive and welcoming. Great place to take a visitor, yet more local than touristy.Special Features:
- will return!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/12/2014had the prix fixe menu: salad was ok but lacked sufficient dressing, trout was delicious and so was the apple cake. The homemade warm bread is good! Menu also included complimentary glass of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disapppointsAndy123VIPDined on 8/9/2014We've been to Gaslight many times over the years, it continues to be delightful.Special Features:
- Bostons Best Value Prix Fixe BrunchFlingoVIPDined on 8/9/2014Very much looking forward to trying it for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not great for brunchRun2EatDined on 8/9/2014We went after reviews called their french toast some of the best. We ordered two varieties and both were somewhat tasteless. And although they offer fresh squeeEd orange juice on the menu it seems that they use concentrate in their mimosas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gaslight never disappointsogttravelerVIPDined on 8/7/2014We've been to Gaslight a number of times and keep coming back. Besides being like the only restaurant in the South End with its own free parking, the food is delightful, the service top notch and the ambience perfect. We plan on coming back again and again.Special Features:
- expanding groupfood2goodDined on 8/7/2014We arrived at our scheduled time and they added 2 more seats, then I got word that 2 more people were coming. They took care of us and set a table that fit all ten of us. Great drinks, food and service.Special Features:
- Always amazing foodVaneVIPDined on 8/6/2014I love the escargot and steak frites. The warm bread is amazing with the escargot, the wine list is great , very moderate prices for the type of food.Special Features:
- Birthday brunchPartyof9VIPDined on 8/3/2014Gaslight, thank you so much for your great service. I went for my 30th birthday for brunch with 8 other friends. I have never been treated like a regular customer in a larger group. Normally restaurants forget that you will have a large tab and act inconvenienced. I felt really welcomed and accomodated! Our waiter brought us our drinks and food prompltly and made us feel special. Many thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gaslight is very goodDRM1310Dined on 8/2/2014We had a very good, although not great meal. If you are looking for above average food at a fair price delivered with friendly service this is an excellent choice. It has a great bar and bar scene. It is noisy but that is due to the subway tile walls. The staff was excellent. They were very friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- FoodieDined on 8/1/2014My food was fantastic! My two sisters and I all got the lobster gnocchi. It was probably one if the best things I've ever eaten! Service was great also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!andreanrjVIPDined on 7/30/2014I eat at Gaslight at every opportunity. They serve classic French bistro fare. I lived in France for two years, and Gaslight's food is the closest to the real thing I have found. Not too fussy and over the top, but more than enough for adventurous foodies. The bar steak and duck confit are my go-tos. The escargot appetizer is amazing. Wine list is fabulous. Perfect for couples and groups. Bar scene is great for before or after the meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better for brunchSkyrunner83Dined on 7/29/2014I have been going to Gaslight for several years and have tried their brunch many times. I LOVE their brunch. Had dinner there the other night, and it was just alright. Food was a bit salty. The pork chop was good, but the steak frites in our opinion, though highly rated, was just okay. Very attentive wait staff and always a pleasant environment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First experienceBenitoDined on 7/28/2014My wife I , went there last Monday ( July 28) when we arrive , our first contact with the staff , was very good. They take time to explain about the menu.Good service ,Good food and the wine list is very acceptable .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteveVIPDined on 7/27/2014They should do brunch right or get out of the brunch business. One of us ordered eggs and toast. They only toast avail was wheat. No english muffins, no other breads- really?? Another one ordered the wheat toast and got the most pathetic serving of toast I ever saw. Weak menu and quality of food is just ok.
- Early dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014I had the Croque Madame, which was wonderful. It came with frites and a side salad. Frites were just fabulous! I had enough leftover for lunch the next day. My husband had mussels, also with frites. Hi soaked up the broth with the extra bread they brought. Service here is always gracious. As suburbanites, we appreciate the free parking just next door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!Dpat38VIPDined on 7/20/2014What a great evening and meal. Alex was the best server we have had - so positive and full of great information. Cannot wait to go back and thank you!Special Features:
- great but food took foreverbostongurl4evaDined on 7/20/2014Love Gaslight but it took over a half hour for our breakfast to arrive. Other than that, no complaints....sweet server, water well-filled and food was delish!Special Features:
- Great for brunch!Kenmore534VIPDined on 7/20/2014Best Sunday brunch in the area! Great food and great atmosphere!Special Features:
- Very good, could be betterWoodlandersDined on 7/19/2014Gaslight is a great place to dine - bustling atmosphere, pleasant and capable waitstaff, appealing menu and, incredibly, free and copious parking. Alas the food could be better. Pasta was too greasy, portions a little skimpy, presentation topped preparation. Overall, a fine and reliable place to go for a night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply wonderful in every waynlog2nluvsksnyDined on 7/19/2014Delicious food, comfortable atmosphere, friendly service ~ a true neighborhood gem. This is my go-to dining experience to share with local friends and visitors from overseas or across the country. It's also great for both a leisurely brunch and a romantic dinner. Nothing is pretentious about this place ~ it's welcoming, comforting and satisfying. I hope it stays this way for a long time!Special Features:
- Gaslight never disappointsXxxxxxxxxx28Dined on 7/19/2014The food is always really good and taste like authentic French food. Service is impeccable. One time, the lady behind me dropped the mustard. It came really close to my chair. The manager got involved right away and offered to pay for the dry cleaning if I needed it. And the fact that parking is free is the cherry on the cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a pleasure to dine there!shiraz2011Dined on 7/18/2014Excellent and well prepared food in a great atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy neighborhood spotJst20Dined on 7/17/2014Very solid french dinner, quintessential Sounth End; romantic; terrific serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our top 3 in BostonfosherDined on 7/17/2014One of the best charcuterie in town. Friendly staff. Authentic bistro cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HJSimpsonDined on 7/17/2014I came here originally because I was craving steak frites, but I saw a double cut, bone in Berkshire pork chop on the menu and I am glad I changed my mind. The pork chop was cooked to perfection and the house smoked bacon jus was the perfect accent. The pork rillons appetizer was a nice starter as well. For a French restaurant they had a small, but respectable beer list and a large list of wines by the glass. We sat outside and the weather was perfect, though one negative is there is an active BSC gym overlooking the patio seating and there is heavy foot traffic entering and leaving the gym on weeknights. The food is definitely on the pricey side, but we enjoyed our meal and the restaurant has a nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- This place lost its qualitynyceuroguyVIPDined on 7/13/2014Well, I lived in Boston many years and I had been to this place more than once when I lived there. Back then, it was a great place. Right now, the quality has gone all the way down. They tell you that they bring freshly squeezed juice, yes it is freshly squeezed out of carton!!! I am sorry but they cannot deceive me. I had many freshly squeezed orange/grapefruit juice in my life. Also, the dish I had was horrible for the price it got listed. It did have 2 very small french baguette slices topped with 5 very thin asparagus vegetable and scrambled egg on the top. This place is not worth your money. Go eat from the organic trucks right next to the place. First you would feel fuller and you retain your money in your pocket.
- An unexpected delight!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/12/2014Great food, attentive service! Highly recommend for outdoor dining, special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.