560 Harrison Avenue
Boston, MA 02118Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gaslight560.com/
- Phone: (617) 422-0224
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am; Bar: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm-12:00am, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm-1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Mike Zetner
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering available through us directly or through DiningIn.com
- Entertainment: Ambiant music
- Special Events: Restaurant is available BRUNCH starting at $20/person and DINNER starting at $45/person for semi-private dining for groups of 10-50 people (both prices exclude alcoholic beverages, tax and tip).
Private Party Facilities: Call us today for a Private Event from 100 to 250. We would be happy to host your special occasion!
Our sister restaurant Cinquecento, an Italian trattoria also located in the South End with its own free parking lot has a private room that holds up to 48 for seated dinner and 75 for cocktail receptions 617-338-9500.
- Cross Street: Waltham St.
- Public Transit: Take the Silver Line on Washington Street to either Union Park or East Berkeley St. Walk 1 block South to Harrison and then its #560.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Free parking in our adjacent lot nightly during the week and all day and evening on weekends.
A word from Gaslight
Gaslight is a French Brasserie celebrating our 4 year anniversary and our Boston Magazine award for Best French Brasserie. Starting in early spring, we have a wonderful heated patio, which is offset from all traffic and enclosed to create a romantic atmosphere. Inside, we have a full bar, 100% French wine list and free parking. We serve dinner nightly and brunch every Saturday and Sunday morning. We were voted "Boston's Best Brunch 2012" by Boston Magazine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Gaslight - Best Restaurants in South End ›
Gaslight reviews from OpenTable diners
284 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (164)neighborhood gem (164)great for brunch (108)good for groups (105)romantic (105)special occasion (99)great for outdoor dining (77)hot spot (65)vibrant bar scene (61)notable wine list (45)late-night find (31)great for lunch (25)kid-friendly (10)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great place!KenHDined on 11/22/2014This was my fourth time and my wife's first. She loved it! Great food, ambience and service. Everything was perfect. A totally enjoyable night The free parking in downtown Boston next to the restaurant makes it all easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for after work group drinks/dinner.Bostoncommuter14Dined on 11/19/2014Gaslight was new to all of us, an after work group. Great central location, easy parking, nice decor and busy but not over-crowded. Not too loud so easy to conduct business and talk in comfortable booths. No waiting for our table, great service at the bar and table. Food was different and excellent. Lots of local vegetables served with entrees. We all had seafood or specials and of course the desserts. Will definitely come again and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the Gaslight!msd1712Dined on 11/17/2014Service was great. I had skate. Rarely seen on menus. Well prepared and served on fall vegetables. Delicious! For dessert - the apple cake was divine! I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exactly what we neededOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/16/2014We were in town with our clients for a congress and picked this place for a large party dinner. Our waitress and bartenders were thoughtful, attentive and very personable. We ordered several appetizers to share and our waitress was able to gage the amount we would need for everyone to be covered. The best apps were the oysters, escargot, cheese plate however, the black kale salad was outstanding. Entree options were also great and provided a diverse selection for eaters. Not one person had an issue with their food and our glasses were never left empty. We truly enjoyed our experience and the ambiance was perfect with an old world feel. Not pretentious or stuffy but comfortably elegant and sophisticated. We hope others enjoy this place as much as we did!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very accommodatinganabananaDined on 11/16/2014I made a reservation for two, but a friend dropped in so we had 3. the host let us know that we would have to wait a little longer since they were not sure about their seating arrangement for 3, so we decided to take some seats at the bar instead just to make things easier, especially since it was our doing. eventually, after putting our order in the host and a server came over to us to tell us they found a table for us. i think it was super sweet that they kept looking for seating arrangements even though we had chosen to be at the bar. we didn't take the table, but really appreciated it. thank you sweets!....and the french toast were glorious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very romantic, very frenchjaneDined on 11/15/2014I love Gaslight because it makes me feel like I'm in France. The food is fantastic, and the cocktails aren't bad either. Our waitress was really overattentive and wouldn't leave us alone to relax, but other than that it was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy bar with good cocktailsTheAmbientDinerDined on 11/15/2014The bar is cozy and inviting and upscale and the bartender's drinks are divine. Lots of swinging doors in this place so getting a table that isn't next to one of them or that gives a view into the kitchen can be a little tricky to navigate. The service is great and they are very accommodating. Food is fine-not as French as they would have it but fine for bistro level dining. Free parking is nice and the gas lit lanterns add a lovely touch to the ambience.Special Features:
- An amazing eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/14/2014The ambience was great, the food was perfect... Everything we were hoping for. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shadowVIPDined on 11/9/2014Generally very good. There was one problem, however. We ordered a side dish of roasted asparagus, which didn't arrive until everyone was almost finished with their meal. We reminded the wait person about ordering it but it still did not arrive till the end of the meal. She never explained the delay. Puzzling.
- "no problem"BosDiningDudeVIPDined on 11/9/2014Food and service here are consistently at a very high level. At my most recent visit, I ordered one of their drink specials, and when it came out differently than I'd pictured it, I mentioned it to the waiter. Without a moment's hesitation (and without any sign of exasperation) he offered to get me a new drink, and it arrived minutes later. When my steak arrived well done, I told him about that and again - moments later - my medium rare steak arrived with the comment "found it"!. No restaurant is perfect, but it's often the way they handle errors that separates the great from the merely good... Gaslight is officially on my "great" list.Special Features:
- GaslighttastinggoodVIPDined on 11/9/2014Lively atmosphere, great service, tasty brunch. We were rushed for time and the server was very accommodating. Only mishap was the server spilled my drink - not completely- and did not wipe up the puddle of liquid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- secret breakfast dealOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/9/2014For about ten dollars you can have fresh squeezed orange juice, coffee, and egg or french toast and a pastry! AND it is delicious!Special Features:
- Come for the food, not the serviceAyOletDined on 11/8/2014perhaps it was a bad night for our waiter and perhaps if we had a different waiter we'd have given 5 stars, but alas we had the waiter we had so 3 stars it is. The food was to die for, we had the steak tartare, escargot, the sweet potatoe ravioli and the duck confit, all excellent delicious and worth going back for.mwe had two ore dinner cocktails that were well balanced, well prepared, and priced well. As ell as a very good bottle of wine. I would go back again and again for the food. The noise was a bit much so if you like quiet and romantic go early or late as we went at 830 and it finally quieted down around 930. The waiter we had ignored us, took 10-20 minutes to get water, 10-20 to get our drinks, and around 20-40 to get apps.Special Features:
- French bistro, friendly serviceWakefieldUrbaniteDined on 11/8/2014Combines some of the best elements of French bistros (atmosphere, quality food) with appreciated American elements (inventive tweaks to classic dishes, attentive service that is low key and friendly). Reasonable selection of wines by the glass. Good cocktails. Free off-street parking and ease of access from I-93. After a second enjoyable meal here, I look forward to future opportunities.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place!LDRBVIPDined on 11/6/2014I'm never disappointed. If you love European style eating- this is a place for you. The food is fantastic and the wait staff is always friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfectrnaismithDined on 11/6/2014I went here before taking my girlfriend out to the theater for supper. I had a 5:30 reservation and showed up at 5:40pm (grabbing a cab in the pouring rain at MGH delayed us). I was hoping to get their price fix menu but the waitress said they had stopped serving it. The website stated that it was available 5pm til 6pm. Apparently 5:45pm fell outside that window? Either way the escargot was good and my steak was fine. My girlfriend's steak was a little overdone but c'est la vie. It was a great supper but getting screwed out of the price fix left a sour taste in my mouthSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Birthday DinnerSL1010Dined on 11/1/2014The perfect spot for a fun birthday dinner. Appetizers (steak tartare, bacon and onion tart and charcuterie), entrees (scallops, bar steak and roasted cod) and dessert (oh my god the molten chocolate cake) were all perfectly done. Drinks and conversation flowed and although the restaurant is certainly not quiet, it wasn't so loud that you couldn't hear the person across from you. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the food!Sunday2dayVIPDined on 11/1/2014The food, the waitstaff and the presentation are fabulous.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014Great food, and seated in a booth made conversation easy. Not sure if regular table would have been so comfortable. Our server, Isaac, was outstanding.Special Features:
- Great all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/1/2014From free parking to a great meal and super-accommodating staff members, my visit to Gaslight was great all around. I used OT to let the resto know I needed space for my baby's stroller and they tucked us into a comfy booth with room to leave the stroller with us. It was a perfect balance of attentive and leaving us to chat since I had a lot of catching up to do with my cousin. The food was outstanding. I had the Croque Madame with ham, gruyere, a fried egg and frites! So, so yummy. Thanks for accommodating me and my family. We appreciate it greatly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usualTrayDined on 10/31/2014The food here never disappoints! The fondue appetizer was gooey and full of flavor. I had the Moules Frites... Hands down best frites ever! The broth with the mussels was so good I think I went through 3 loaves of bread to soak it up! My husband got the duck confit. The skin was crispy and the meat was melt in your mouth. The cocktail list is impressive and you can't beat the free parking! We will be back soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's really a bar that serves foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014The bar area really over powers the restaurant and makes it incredibly loud. Hard to have a conversation. Food was good. Service was a little slow. Probably won't go back.Special Features:
- Great!MattzzDined on 10/25/2014Love the food and the interior design. Very friendly staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good French bread, but disappointedfoodamoreDined on 10/24/2014Always loved brunch here so thought a fun "parisian" dinner would be perfect for celebrating a young couple in love after friend's wedding. Mgr had idea of personalizing menu to say "congrats mr and mrs!" I was excited and thought wow how great, but after we got seated there was no menu with such a message. The waiter did bring over complimentary Presecco, so I let it go, but thought to tell hostess to see if they could write congrats on the dessert. She said wouldn't be a problem but yet again dessert came out with nothing. Kudos for decor, cocktails, and hot French bread. Thumbs down to dry roasted chicken, salty steak frites, poor personalized service, oh and squeezing 5 guests at a 4 person booth. Never again for special occasion.Special Features:
- Average ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 10/19/2014Went to Gaslight for brunch last Sunday. The food was fine (french toast and poached eggs) …nothing to 'write-home-about' .. the two slices of vanilla french toast were nothing special and certainly not worth $11. Our waitress was practically non-existent and I couldn't get a refill on my coffee to save my life.
- Delicious french bistroSnaveVIPDined on 10/18/2014I always go to Gaslight when I am in Boston. The food is excellent. It's located in SOWA which is the newer, hip, up and coming part of town. It's a French bistro style and the only negative is that the small wooden chairs do not look comfortable. I have always been lucky enough to sit in a booth. I have the Duck Confit every time. It's the best I've ever had!Special Features:
- Great Brunch MenuRTBBostonVIPDined on 10/18/2014The menu selections for brunch here on the weekends is exquisite. Depending on your appetite, you can get something as hearty as the Croque Madame or as light as an Omelette. This is one of two places in the South End that have fantastic bloody marys. If you're an early riser, there usually isn't a huge crowd so you can sit back and enjoy the ambiance of this neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Birthday DinnerSeaweeed525Dined on 10/17/2014I brought my boyfriend here for his birthday. The service was amazing, the food was good, and their dessert (cheesecake) was to die for. Would definitely come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciossimcohVIPDined on 10/14/2014We had never been and were delighted. The escargot ans special scallop appetizer were delicious. We shared an enormous pork shop that was moist and flavorful. Desserts were good but not as special is the dinner.Special Features:
- Dinerout1Dined on 10/12/2014delicious as always! never disapointed. the service, the bloody mary's and the food are a thumbs up!Special Features:
- Great experienceGilroyVIPDined on 10/11/2014Our party of four had dinner at Gaslight on a busy Saturday night. Everything was spot on. The tagliatelle, duck, and scallops were excellent. Service was friendly and efficient. Atmosphere was great. We were seated along the edge under the drop ceiling, so it wasn't as noisy as it would have been had we been seated in the center of the room. I've been here 5-6 times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- TgrecoDined on 10/11/2014Great brunch, wonderful service. Really appreciate parking in the neighboring lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Among Bosto BestJoeBoSoxVIPDined on 10/10/2014Gaslight is a very good mid priced restaurant in the South end.mthe neighborhood has improved and there is ample parking next to the restaurant. It is currently free parking but looks like that may change. Interesting menu options with a French twist on many traditional American dishes. Recommend for a nice cozy evening meal while in Boston.Special Features:
- First time for brunchksgshmoopsVIPDined on 10/5/2014Been here a thousand times, but this was my first brunch experience. Lots of great options, try the pork hash! Drink options were wonderful, loved the Le Jardin. Little disappointed they ran out of the ham crepes, but the cook came through in throwing together a similar dish with most of the same ingredients. The croissants were so good, warm fresh and flaky! Will definitely be back for brunch again, if only parking on Sundays because of the food trucks wasn't such a pain! The price you pay I guess!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch DateSkipperDined on 10/5/2014We had a birthday brunch date for a friend's belated birthday. Always make reservations when you come here, we were glad to have done so as when we came at 11 am, the place was packed. The service was great and attentive, the food tasty, and the energy of the place was high. It reminded me of an industrial district, similar to the Meatpacking District in NY. Parking is pretty limited around the area so I would suggest taking public transportation. I would come back again!Special Features:
- Mostly Fair.SouthEndResidentDined on 10/5/2014I've been many many times, it's a neighborhood staple but we went for a girls brunch and it wasn't as great at the same last we went with a larger group. Not sure if it was because of what I ordered or not, but normally my reviews are much better.
- Excellent!PookieDined on 10/2/2014I had the trout dinner and my friend the duck confit; both delicious! Great experience overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location, great foodPalmwellDined on 9/30/2014Excellent bar with a good selection of wine and beer. Great stmosphere in bothbthe bar and dining section. The food is very nice and has a french style. Eill definetely come back.Special Features:
- long wait, meh foodejdjDined on 9/27/2014Everyone I know LOVES this restaurant, but my food was a dissapointment. A fact made worse because it took them 1.5 hours from when we sat down to get our food.Special Features:
- My favorite French BistroIlovematzahVIPDined on 9/27/2014Everything about Gaslight is fun....from the free parking lot, original Bistro decor, consistently delicious and interesting food, to the outstanding staff! Gaslight is sure to please. Ask for the always delightful and entertaining Manager, Diego. He understands how to succeed in the competitive restaurant business, making all of his customers feel welcome and special. In fact, the entire management team is top rate; as is the waitstaff, especially Brianna!!! We dine at Gaslight at least twice a month and I never tire of the experience. Gaslight is the gem of the South End!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.