560 Harrison Avenue
Boston, MA 02118Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gaslight560.com/
- Phone: 6174220224x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am; Bar: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm-12:00am, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm-1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Mike Zetner
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering available through us directly or through DiningIn.com
- Entertainment: Ambiant music
- Special Events: Restaurant is available BRUNCH starting at $20/person and DINNER starting at $45/person for semi-private dining for groups of 10-50 people (both prices exclude alcoholic beverages, tax and tip).
Private Party Facilities: Call us today for a Private Event from 100 to 250. We would be happy to host your special occasion!
Our sister restaurant Cinquecento, an Italian trattoria also located in the South End with its own free parking lot has a private room that holds up to 48 for seated dinner and 75 for cocktail receptions 617-338-9500.
- Cross Street: Waltham St.
- Public Transit: Take the Silver Line on Washington Street to either Union Park or East Berkeley St. Walk 1 block South to Harrison and then its #560.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Free parking in our adjacent lot nightly during the week and all day and evening on weekends.
A word from Gaslight
Gaslight is a French Brasserie celebrating our 4 year anniversary and our Boston Magazine award for Best French Brasserie. Starting in early spring, we have a wonderful heated patio, which is offset from all traffic and enclosed to create a romantic atmosphere. Inside, we have a full bar, 100% French wine list and free parking. We serve dinner nightly and brunch every Saturday and Sunday morning. We were voted "Boston's Best Brunch 2012" by Boston Magazine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gaslight reviews from OpenTable diners
294 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (156)fit for foodies (155)great for brunch (111)special occasion (110)romantic (107)great for outdoor dining (102)good for groups (99)vibrant bar scene (53)hot spot (51)notable wine list (47)late-night find (26)great for lunch (24)kid-friendly (12)scenic view (3)Show More
- Great place with reasonable pricingDaniDined on 9/14/2014I love going to the gaslight. The service is outstanding, easy to get to, parking next door, the food is great and the prices are more than reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Kept Secret in Boston!SinglemaltDined on 9/13/2014Love this restaurant. Consistently perfect- have had a great meal, every time. Our waiter, James, new and an excellent addition to this fine team. I live out of town, and come every time I am in Boston. I have never been disappointed. Saturday, I dined in a small group, with a member of our party with severe nut allergies. Gas Light couldn't have been more accommodating, and we had a fabulous, and "safe" dining experience. They should be commended for their thoroughness and attention to detail. Highly recommend this restaurant. (Ask for James)Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemLovemexicanDined on 9/11/2014Love love love this restaurant! Food is amazing.... Ambiance great...... Service fabulous...... Definitely a "be back" restaurant!Special Features:
- Gaslight - A+girlinthevilleDined on 9/10/2014One of the best all-around restaurant experiences in Boston. And...free parking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bartenders DelightRebeccaDined on 9/9/2014We had dinner at the bar and totally enjoyed the bartenders. They were attentive, informative and fun. Great Manhattans and loved the fact that they had opinions about wine and let us taste a couple of options. The salad was excellent but disappointed in the Schnitzel. The salmon and steak there are both excellent and I'll return to my favorites on my next visit. Great neighborhood spot but sit outside when its nice or at or in the bar area. Other parts of the restaurant can be extremely noisy particularly when large tables are present which is often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diners' bargainLloydVIPDined on 9/9/2014The Early bird special at Gaslight is one of Bosotn best bargains. If you arrive before 6:30 you can get a three course dinner with wine for just under $30. This time I had the excellent, tasty hangar steak with Gaslight's great fries and Bearnaise sauce, great onion soup, and s uperb apple cake for dessert. The wine wasn't great but drinkable and the whole experience was, as always, a pleasure.Special Features:
- A-may-zingNoviceFoodieVIPDined on 9/7/2014So wonderful. They are truly people pleasers. It was my birthday, and the group size changed at the last minute from 10 to 12, and they didn't even bat an eye - no problem! They also brought me free chocolate mousse...always amazing!Special Features:
- Great for brunch!Kenmore534VIPDined on 9/6/2014Great brunch, good to go on Saturdays when there isn't a wait!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceblepcakeDined on 9/5/2014Service was great: it was a busy night and they adjusted our reservation from 5 people down to 4 without a fuss; the waiter was friendly and apologetic when the food was slow to come out. Food-wise, we were all happy. The tuna main and the beignet's were excellent.Special Features:
- Third visit as great as the 1st twoNinaVIPDined on 9/5/2014Gaslight's setting and outdoor seating are made serene by ample space between tables, attractive lighting, and greenery set amidst renovated New England mill architecture. The vibe this late summer Friday evening was upbeat -everyone from the hostess to the ancillary wait staff was on point, nonintrusive but vigilant, and our server Brianna was a stand-out. The Caprese salad was elegantly simple, fresh and delicious. The chef masterfully composed the swordfish and salmon dishes so that flavors and textures were enhanced, not overwhelmed. The the parking is free, adjacent to the restaurant, and monitored by a smiling attendant begs the question:"Why go to Newbury Street for a great meal?"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very overratedTheNonWhiteCustomerDined on 9/3/2014Everyone is going there for their price instead of the quality of food. I'm expecting too much, it was very disappointing, a total waste of time. Ordered their prix fixe menu, escargots were quite tasteless and too oily, medium rare steak was over cooked, fries were too salty. The only thing that reached the standard was the apple pie... The waitress was not nice to us, she looked so annoyed and didn't want to serve any non-white customers. Not cool. This place is overrated, I couldn't believe they have so many nice reviews.
- Gaslight - c'est magnifique!Adam7271Dined on 8/30/2014I have been to Gaslight many times, and for good reason. The decor is Parisian brasserie to a T. The service is spot-on, and the food is always excellent. They make their own charcuterie in-house, and it shows. The fondue and escargot to start the meal were delicious and served piping hot. The moules frites are made with just the right amount of Pernaud for a delicate flavor. Make sure to save room for the chocolate beignets!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boston's GemCheryllVIPDined on 8/30/2014Have not been here in over a year, but again another fantastic dinner. Free parking is another reason to go in to the city.Special Features:
- Reservations and ParkingSuburbandinerDined on 8/30/2014We like this place for the parking and ambience. Foid can be good, depending on what you choose. Love the Sunday brunch food and scene. Great drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food!yuanDined on 8/30/2014I came here on a Saturday night with my boyfriend. I ordered the daily special - pan roasted scallops with roasted asparagus and puree. Scallops were perfectly cooked and went well with the vegetables. Our server for the evening was also extremely accommodating and made sure we had everything we needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wont go back ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/30/2014The resturant called Saturday night to confim Sunday. We were going to be late due to traffice at 5:20, I called about my 5:30 reservation and they couldn't find it.We arrived 5 minutes late our outside table was given away. We were ushered inside to a pho friendly hostess who promptly sat us at a table with the sun blaring, when we asked to move they made like it was a big problem by the way the resturant was empty. They tried to move us to a shared table we then just took ourselves to another table. The waiter was very nice. The food was fine. The annoying manager kept coming over to explain what happened but not really and was not that nice about it. She spoke too loudly and made the situation worse and no real apology.
- Lives up to the hypeJuicy0510Dined on 8/29/2014Gaslight looks and feels like an authentic French neighborhood bistro. The portions are not huge; my goat cheese & fig tarting was delicious but tiny. The smoked salmon appetizer was good & a generous portion. For the entrees, the duck confit & roast chicken were delicious albeit not huge portions. For dessert, the coconut cake was the best thing we had, but skip the Apple cake as it was bland and a bit stale. The service was very good and attentive, but we were not offered more bread. The bread was good and the whipped butter delish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service above the barJaysBostonDined on 8/28/2014Extraordinary service. True, we were early (6:00) & the place was not busy, but the wait staff made such an effort to accommodate sides and appetizers. It was welcome and very much appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine out weekKarismaDined on 8/25/2014I have been dying to try this restaurant. The bread comes out warm with whipped butter. Our server was super polite and attentive. The food was delish. I enjoyed my steak. My friend got trout which was just as tasty. And the flour less chocolate brownie or cake was amazing. I will come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular ServicebackbayfoodieDined on 8/24/2014Excellent food and spectacular service, on a fairly busy Sunday. Everyone from the Maître d' to the servers were extremely courteous, professional and very friendly. Couldn't be better. Food was excellent, OJ perfect, coffee refreshing, cream brûlée to die forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Want to eat here every nightJoshVIPDined on 8/23/2014Gaslight is a beautiful space-- even outdoor seating now. We did the prefix DineOut menu, cheddar beignets, raspberry salad with honey and goat cheese... so fresh and delicious. We opted to do a steak, a pork, and trout. Everything came with marvelous toppings and sides. Portions were a lot larger than we had expected. The steak was cooked to perfection and mouth watering. Every bite of the pork was a burst of flavor. The trout was moist went so well with the succotash topping. Three adults- two cleaned out plates, as my mother kindly said- I'm going to have desert and if I have my druthers I'm going to eat the steak and leave the veggies. The desert of strawberry cake and flourless chocolate was large enough to split and nummy!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014It was my third or fourth time dining at Gaslight, and the best experience yet. The food (escargots, duck confit, and steak) was prepared perfectly, and the service was excellent. I usually eat on a budget, but Gaslight is a place I don't mind treating myself and friends to every so often. Plus, the free parking lot is a convenient perk that is hard to come by for a restaurant in the city!Special Features:
- Wonderful dinner!BostonTechGuyDined on 8/22/2014The food and ambience were both fantastic — and service was top-notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining Al Fresco!westenderVIPDined on 8/20/2014My sister was visiting from Manhattan, and we wanted someplace nice, easy and where we could eat outside. We had a lovely evening dining on the outside patio at Gaslight. What an asset, along with the parking right next door! Our server was outstanding, helpful without an attitude, and always ready with suggestions and opinions. The food was just right. We shared appetizers, then each had an entrée, which resulted in a take-away bag! Really tasty French cuisine, and AMAZING baguettes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice night out4starDined on 8/20/2014Great night out for restaurant week, the only negatives were that both deserts were awful. The ambience was wonderful and we will be back but the service level wasn't what we expected especially considering we had 2 waiters! We had to flag them down numerous times for small things which I found slightly annoying and when we left and explained why we only took one bite of desert we weren't offered any sort of discount, even with the RW pricing. Disappointing but we will try it again and hope for better results.Special Features:
- A gem in South EndOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2014This was our first time at Gaslight and we will definitely be going back. We were able to get a seat on the patio, which was lovely and had heat lamps when it turned a little chilly. Our waiter, Alex, was very attentive and had great recommendations. We ordered from the DineOut menu, which gave us a chance to try 3 courses. The goat cheese beignets were melt-in-your-mouth fantastic. The rice pilaf with sweet corn that accompanied the pork loin entree was my favorite. It had incredible flavor and a nice kick. And the lemon souffle was light as air. Overall, our dining experience was delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dine Out Week ExperiencelplayDined on 8/17/2014We were here for Dine Out Week menu. The gazpacho was amazing, with different taste in every spoonful. The fish dish was highly recommended! Their flourless chocolate cake was also smooth and thick!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular BrunchDarylVIPDined on 8/17/2014With the Parisian subway tile, vaulted ceilings, and bright atmosphere, Gaslight's ambiance alone is worth a trip. Even though it was a sunny and warm day, we opted to sit inside to really soak it up. The brunch menu is typically French -- lots of egg dishes and ample use of simple flavors with savory notes (even the scrambled egg dish has a flavor of truffles). You really can't go wrong with any of the items on the menu, and be sure to add in a blueberry muffin and a drink from the special cocktails menu to balance it all out. We look forward to returning!Special Features:
- MixedDJJDDined on 8/16/2014Great atmosphere, great brunch food, but drinks were mixed poorly and service was a bit lacking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing service!Lolo61188Dined on 8/16/2014Service was phenomenal! I was with a group of navy officers and the manager was nice enough to come out and thank us all for our service and gave us some delicious pastry baskets :) our waiter Tyler was also extremely energetic, prompt and really made our morning. And as always the food was delicious. This isn't my first time dining here and it certainly won't be my lastSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always impeccableCat1Dined on 8/15/2014Every time I have come here, I am so happy at the perfect "tri-fecta" I look for in a restaurant; excellent food, great service and beautiful ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun to be atLloydVIPDined on 8/12/2014The early-bird prix fixe is one of the great bargains in Boston dining. An excellent appatizer (Gaslight's great onion soup or very good escargots on my night), a choice of three superb entrees: rotisserie chicken, steak frites, or trout (my night the trout seemed a little tired, though it's been brilliant in the past), and dessert, plus a glass of wine--for under $30.00--in one of the most delightful "ambiences" in Boston. The service is always attentive and welcoming. Great place to take a visitor, yet more local than touristy.Special Features:
- will return!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/12/2014had the prix fixe menu: salad was ok but lacked sufficient dressing, trout was delicious and so was the apple cake. The homemade warm bread is good! Menu also included complimentary glass of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disapppointsAndy123VIPDined on 8/9/2014We've been to Gaslight many times over the years, it continues to be delightful.Special Features:
- Bostons Best Value Prix Fixe BrunchFlingoVIPDined on 8/9/2014Very much looking forward to trying it for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not great for brunchRun2EatDined on 8/9/2014We went after reviews called their french toast some of the best. We ordered two varieties and both were somewhat tasteless. And although they offer fresh squeeEd orange juice on the menu it seems that they use concentrate in their mimosas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gaslight never disappointsogttravelerVIPDined on 8/7/2014We've been to Gaslight a number of times and keep coming back. Besides being like the only restaurant in the South End with its own free parking, the food is delightful, the service top notch and the ambience perfect. We plan on coming back again and again.Special Features:
- expanding groupfood2goodDined on 8/7/2014We arrived at our scheduled time and they added 2 more seats, then I got word that 2 more people were coming. They took care of us and set a table that fit all ten of us. Great drinks, food and service.Special Features:
- Always amazing foodVaneVIPDined on 8/6/2014I love the escargot and steak frites. The warm bread is amazing with the escargot, the wine list is great , very moderate prices for the type of food.Special Features:
- Loved itshoelovesfoodDined on 8/6/2014Great outdoor dining patio on a beautiful day. Food selections were fresh and tasty as always. Loved the desserts.Special Features: