5020 W 137th St
Leawood, KS 66224Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gaslightgrill.com/
- Phone: 9138973540x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Tues: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Wednesday - Thursday: 4:00 - 10:00 Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Breakfast or Lunch for Groups: Monday through Sunday. We are a full service banquet facility open for groups of 20 or more for Breakfast or Lunch.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Thom Zoog
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Private dining rooms for all groups, business meetings, wedding receptions. rehearsal dinners, graduations, family reunions. Call or email us for personalized event planning.
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Music Wednesday - Sunday from 6:30pm - 9:30pm (Friday and Saturday band plays until 10:30pm)
- Special Events: Receptions. Anniversaries. Business Meeting. Reunions. Graduations. For parties large and small - The Gaslight Grill can make your special event the one everyone remembers. We open for breakfast and lunch gatherings with a minimum of 20 people.
A word from Gaslight Grill
World-Class Fine Dining and World-Class Live Entertainment in casual elegance. No pretensions, just elegant food and wine in a comfortable atmosphere. Enjoy our classic American cuisine, served with an European flair in our main dining room, out on the patio or while listening to live jazz in the Back Room with Lynn Zimmer and the Jazz Band. We serve Aged Black Angus and Prime Steaks, Flight Fresh Seafood, and many Chef Jeremy inspired culinary creations daily. Full bar service and Happy Hour discounts daily. Private dining rooms and banquet rooms for large or intimate gatherings. Choose from more than 200 wines from our Wine Spectator award winning wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Gaslight Grill - Best Restaurants in Leawood ›
Gaslight Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
248 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (165)romantic (101)good for groups (85)neighborhood gem (79)notable wine list (75)fit for foodies (70)great for brunch (60)vibrant bar scene (32)great for outdoor dining (24)kid-friendly (16)hot spot (15)late-night find (14)great for lunch (13)scenic view (4)Show More
- flekVIPDined on 9/13/2014Fabulous food as always and service was great too.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The food was great but we were seated in the jazz room for dinner and that was not by our request. We perfer to have dinner where we can sit and have coversation. If we want to go into the Jazz room afterwards, we will.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice environmentRonLDined on 9/13/2014bar is very nice. Waiter was pleasant and knowledgeableSpecial Features:
- First of many visitsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014Our first visit and now our favorite. Our server Brady was very professional and friendly. Our steaks were delicious. Loved the ambiance with the great jazz music playing in the background. Excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryAnniversaryDined on 9/10/2014Had a great time on our anniversary and the Back Room was great w/ the jazz band!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The jazz spot to go to in South OPgaslightregularDined on 9/6/2014Great food, check. Great atmosphere, check. Great music from local favorites, check. My wife and I have chosen the Gas Light for several special occasions. Their food portions are full, but not over the top, and the pricing is on par with others in its class. The food selections are not the most creative, but I do not choose to go here to get outside the box. We go for the consistency. The Cajun Chicken is juicy, never over cooked, delicious! Their Jazz Room is the place to dine in my opinion. The lighting is great and they have a dance floor for that extra touch of romance. The sound levels are well tuned. You will not have to yell in conversation in order for people to hear you. Service was good both times we dined.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like a supper club from the moviesjwhiteDined on 9/6/2014We took friends to Gaslight Grill last Saturday to experience, not only excellent cuisine with a wide variety of choices, but also the ambience with a table near the jazz combo and access to the dance floor. My partner and I go there often because the music is not earsplitting and is the type that older folks danced to in their youth. You will always find us here on New Year's Eve. Service is excellent, and the owner, Dick Hawk, greets everyone personally. Gaslight Grill is a unique place in a city filled with good restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salty PotatoesStrideDined on 9/5/2014In the past, we have always received very good food, but with this most recent visit, the potato puree served with my wife's steak was very salty.Special Features:
- Best Steak in many yearsEagleClawDined on 9/1/2014Myself, wife, son, daughter-in-law and 15 month old grandson – Expected a more-stuffy environment; it was casual and inviting to our liking. My son and I had 10 oz. center-cut filet mignon (MR); cooked to perfection; first-rate cut; not since 1986 in Washington DC have I had a steak that good! PERFECT. Ladies had crusted-salmon; same accolades. All accompanied sides were fantastic as well. Wonderful waiter; support staff – cannot say enough good things. We will return to the Gaslight Grill many times to come. I can still taste the steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Great food and great wine selection...the waitress was not very attentive and our food took about an hour to come out...too long!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SARGDined on 8/31/2014The food was wonderful. The location is excellent.Special Features:
- Jazz notejoy2dineDined on 8/30/2014We decided to try the Back Room with the Jazz band. The music was excellent but sometimes a bit too loud which was distractive and hindered a nice conversation.Special Features:
- High quality steak56lbsDined on 8/30/2014I thoroughly enjoyed the food at Gaslight. The steaks enjoyed by my dinner party(strip, filet, & ribeye) were all excellent flavor and very juicy. Side dish portion size was generous compared to other high end steak houses. Gaslight is a top 5 steakhouse in my opinion for the KC metro area. Service was good; waiter has no issues with getting one steak re-fired which was ordered medium but was delivered medium rare. The jazz music is nice, but you may not want to sit too close to the band if you intend to carry on a conversation.Special Features:
- Expensive but (mostly) worth itGourmetPreferredDined on 8/30/2014Initially this started off great! Reservation made, we were called to clarify ambiance was desired. Our birthday party of 7 was placed in a private area to allow conversation, but the table was so large it actually inhibited it. Our waiter was wonderful. Service slow tho to be expected for a holiday Sat. evening. Veggies good-crisp green beans, asparagus grilled past al dente. One diner was forced to return steak cooked well NOT med. rare tho. Desserts limited but good as well. Experience was soured by finding that a second groupon would not be honored as implied, however- fine print allowed the use of two for parties over 5, but they would not honor the second 4/$120 as it was for only 3. NO offer to mitigate their unclear communication.Special Features:
- Wonderful again.jandrDined on 8/30/2014Went for a birthday celebration and it was made special. Special thanks to the hostess and Nick, our waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish and shrimpDaddybig78Dined on 8/29/2014Food was horrible and under cooked. They ran out of baby back ribs, we will never go back. This was our 29 th wedding anniversary,
- UsmcDined on 8/29/2014Great food and service. Happy hour prices very good. Will visit often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had advance reservations.Gr8tJazzDined on 8/28/2014Our table was in a prime location, set and ready for us when we arrived. All in all, treated like "special guests." Owner visits and chats with people at each table.Special Features:
- TeddVIPDined on 8/26/2014The more times we go to the Gaslight Grill the more we appreciate it's high quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchEvelinaDined on 8/24/2014This was our first time at Gaslight Grill since we live in Topeka, KS. The restaurant atmosphere was very elegant. The brunch was set up in a large room which made it easy to go to each setting for food. There was also a large choice of food. The wine and drink selection was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gaslight Grill - 2nd timeluv2dineDined on 8/23/2014First time we went two years ago everything was great. This time Hostess seated us in an area the waiters had blocked off, as such took 30 minutes and me going to grab a waiter before we got served. Once served the service was good, they comp'd our two appetizers to cover the delay. While they have an extensive wine list they did not have a rather popular wine one if our party wanted, The food was good not great and i don't think worth the price. Jury is out as to whether we will return.Special Features:
- Average at BestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014After years of hearing add on local media we gave this place a try for a friends birthday. Food was uninspired and average at best. Steaks were ok, but nothing I cannot get a better version of somewhere else. Service and price were good, we al lease had a very professional waiter. Desserts smelles like they spent all day uncovered in the walk in. We wont go back any time soon
- Great foodWPTiffany2Dined on 8/22/2014The food was very good. I had the stuffed grouper which was delicious. The menu selection was varied and it was difficult to choose. Our service was great. Our server was attentive and patient with our questions. My phone battery was about dead and the manager even had it charged for us. We enjoyed our evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Everything!Lou572Dined on 8/21/2014My boyfriend and I ate here for the first time and absolutely loved it! We sat in the back room with the live jazz which made the meal quite romantic. We were seated promptly and our server was attentive and helpful. The food was delicious! The humus trio appetizer was a great way to start the meal. The steaks were cooked to perfection as well. The owner even made his way around to every table, taking the time to introduce himself and make sure we were taken care of. Overall it was a memorable evening!Special Features:
- A wonderful new find!grizfanDined on 8/19/2014We're so excited to have found the Gaslight Grill! We had never been here before and tried it via a voucher. We were celebrating an anniversary; and the staff made us feel so special, from the very moment we checked in for our reservation. The service was friendly and attentive, and the food was delicious! We definitely will be back -- especially for other celebrations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening!JimfromKCDined on 8/17/2014My wife and I always enjoy dinner at Gaslight! Great food and service, and the guests we bring always have a great time, and intend to come back.Special Features:
- Excellent Service and FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014My husband and I came here for our Anniversary dinner and we received excellent service and food. I was extremely impressed at how the owner of Gaslight Grill came and introduced himself to everyone and was very nice and polite and genuinely concerned about his customers. Also, our waitress was amazing. She took really great care of us. Food was a 10 out of 10. We will definitely be back and bring friends with us. Thanks.Special Features:
- Lou2ieVIPDined on 8/15/2014Excellent food & personalized service!!! The grouper was was excellentSpecial Features:
- Loud but not in a good way.LisammyDined on 8/9/2014Not romantic like we thought it would be. You have to ASK to sit in the back room, which is fairly small. The back room is where the live music is, but they don't tell you that when you make your reservations. We sat in the main dining area. Super loud. Everyone's voices echoes. We sat beside a loud drunken table of old people. Our waiter was very lacking. We ran out of beverages 3 times. He could have been new. The food was average. My steak was dry and over cooked on the edges. It was ordered medium. My husband's starter salad never came out with his meal. The carrot cake dessert was just a dry muffin sliced and layered with a too sweet cream cheese frosting. I'm glad we had a Grouoon. I wouldn't go back. It was our anniversary.Special Features:
- Always goodDEDBVIPDined on 8/9/2014We have been dining @ Gaslight Grill for long time and keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KctoolguyDined on 8/8/2014Food was just fair, prepared well but I expected a better quality steak for $50. 3 of the 4 drinks were good but the Bailey's after dinner drink was watered down. Service was good and friendly except one of the managers that took our Groupon and deducted it from the bill but never came back with a detailed receipt, we just got a debit card receipt from our server, that didn't quite add up. It will be a while before I come back.
- Freat place!do65Dined on 8/8/2014Wonderful food! Good service would go back! The food was perfect the menu selection was very good, clean and friendly. We had a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/5/2014Acoustics poor and it was like eating in a dining hall. Food was average. Had the crab cake appitizer and was mostly filler. For an entre, had the crispy scallops which were unique and pretty good. Too many better restaurants in the area. We won't be back.
- A wonderful dining experience!LeeinLenexaDined on 8/4/2014Gaslight Grill is a great place. The service is top notch. The food is fantastic. The live music provides great additional pleasure. I have never had a bad experience at this establishment. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still ExcellantJoeLDined on 8/4/2014The food at the Gaslight Grill is among the best in the city. The steaks are so tender and flavorful you want the meal to last forever. We really enjoyed the band and the Dixie Land music.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Service was great; food was wonderful, we were in the Jazz room which I thoroughly enjoyed. Date night with my husband and Gaslight Grill made it very romantic.Special Features:
- First time, and will be going back.913dinerDined on 7/31/2014First time we had been to the Gaslight Grill. The music while dining was good, the food and service was excellent. Even got to meet the owner, who exudes pride of ownership.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daryl and MarciaNobodyDined on 7/27/2014We celebrated our anniversary last year at the Gaslight Grill during the dinner hour. It was absolutely amazing. We loved the jazz band and the food was superb. Perhaps that over the top experience heightened our expectations for the Sunday brunch. Buffets tend to keep food luke warm and thus was the case here. The hot dishes were less than hot. My husband had mostly breakfast dishes and went back for the lunch menu. He was more satisfied with breakfast foods, which taste better warm than lunch and dinner items. I only had lunch items. The serving room was dark and unattractive.Special Features:
- rallyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014We were seated and told our server would be along to take drink orders, it is a buffet, but a server guides the meal. After 10 minutes, I saw the server who sat us, he apologized profusely and got our drink order and promised to find our server. Just then a table for 2 sat down and a female server immediately greeted them. Then she came by and asked what we would like to drink. I asked where she had been for 10 minutes, she had no response. James brought out out drinks and took over the table. He was excellent. If he had not, we would have left. This was for my husbands birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/26/2014The service was fantastic, the the steaks we ordered were not that great. The special was a 14 oz ribeye. My husband and I both ordered medium steaks and his came out bleeding all over the plate and mine was barely pink in the center. We noted the gentleman sitting across from us sent his steak back because it was way undercooked. We didn't send ours back because we saw how long it took for the other guy to get his steak back and I can eat my steak more rare and just traded dinners with my husband. But for a $32 steak, you would think that they could get a steak cooked correctly. Other than that, I found the dining area just kind of blah. Nothing special going on in there. Reminded me of Hereford house. I probably won't go back.