5020 W 137th St
Leawood, KS 66224Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gaslightgrill.com/
- Phone: (913) 897-3540
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Tues: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Wednesday - Thursday: 4:00 - 10:00 Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Breakfast or Lunch for Groups: Monday through Sunday. We are a full service banquet facility open for groups of 20 or more for Breakfast or Lunch.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Thom Zoog
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Private dining rooms for all groups, business meetings, wedding receptions. rehearsal dinners, graduations, family reunions. Call or email us for personalized event planning.
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Music Wednesday - Sunday from 6:30pm - 9:30pm (Friday and Saturday band plays until 10:30pm)
- Special Events: Receptions. Anniversaries. Business Meeting. Reunions. Graduations. For parties large and small - The Gaslight Grill can make your special event the one everyone remembers. We open for breakfast and lunch gatherings with a minimum of 20 people.
A word from Gaslight Grill
World-Class Fine Dining and World-Class Live Entertainment in casual elegance. No pretensions, just elegant food and wine in a comfortable atmosphere. Enjoy our classic American cuisine, served with an European flair in our main dining room, out on the patio or while listening to live jazz in the Back Room with Lynn Zimmer and the Jazz Band. We serve Aged Black Angus and Prime Steaks, Flight Fresh Seafood, and many Chef Jeremy inspired culinary creations daily. Full bar service and Happy Hour discounts daily. Private dining rooms and banquet rooms for large or intimate gatherings. Choose from more than 200 wines from our Wine Spectator award winning wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Gaslight Grill - Best Restaurants in Leawood ›
Gaslight Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
180 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (127)romantic (83)good for groups (70)fit for foodies (62)neighborhood gem (60)notable wine list (56)vibrant bar scene (38)great for brunch (33)hot spot (17)great for outdoor dining (17)late-night find (14)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (3)Show More
- Gaslight Grill ReviewStephenDined on 11/16/2014My wife and I went their to celebrate and have a nice dinner. The food, service and jazz music was excellent. We even got to meet the owner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best visitflekVIPDined on 11/16/2014We went with a group and one person received her food at least 10 minutes before anyone else at the table and it was supposed to be medium well and it was rare. By the time the rest of us were served, our friend was done. We mentioned something to the waiter and he didn’t seem to think it was a big deal that she was the only one that had been served. The rest of the food was good. The appetizers were good but the service was slow and not the best waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchLuvSeasons52Dined on 11/16/2014This was my first time trying Gaslight Grill at brunch time. The food was wonderful. There was a lot of selections and the chef was awesome with the omelets. The carved beef was warm and tasty. Will definitely try this again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Brunch!GWCBDined on 11/16/2014We received an email regarding the Sunday Brunch. (Email included a coupon!) The Brunch buffet was outstanding. Highly recommend the house smoked salmon. Everything was well done! The prime rim was great and all the side dishes met expectations. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gaslight: steaks or seafood.TLKGladstoneDined on 11/14/2014The Gaslight is known for its steaks, and the steaks are really, really good. Tonight they also had two seafood specialties and both were spectacular as well. Good food, good wine, great atmosphere for socializing with friends over a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous EveningsleslieDined on 11/13/2014We had a private room in the back for a larger group that was located near the Jazz stage. The room was perfect, the music was excellent (not too loud) and the food was delicious. I knew that the Gaslight grill was a great place to have group events, but I will definitely go there with my family again. The bar was hopping and the whole restaurant had a warm, energetic, romantic feel. Just a terrific place!Special Features:
- Excellent BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014No need to decide where to go to brunch at in the future. We will go to Gaslight Grill every time for Brunch. Food choices were abundant and everything was prepared superbly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014This is the second time we have dined here. The wine list was very comprehensive and 1/2 price on Sundays. The food was very good and the service was excellent. The only thing was one person in our party wanted a regular baked potato with the normal toppings and they could not accommodate us. The only baked potato option they had was stuffed with blue cheese.Special Features:
- outsrandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014From the food, to the service, to the live New Orleans jazz. Incredible place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryAliceDined on 10/24/2014We love the food and the back room Jazz. We have been there on many occasions and it consistently serves excellent food with excellent servers and a great atmosphere. Will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentgeer1962Dined on 10/21/2014Best meal I've had all year. Chateaubraind for two was awesome. Great appetizers. Perfect martini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeflekVIPDined on 10/20/2014The food and service is always great. They are always consistent. We love eating here with our family or with adults. It’s always great.Special Features:
- We heard. We came. We ate.K4PacificDined on 10/19/2014We heard the radio show out of the blue while visiting from Upstate NY and said we have to go there. The jazz was on the spot. The food was a delight. All in all a fantastic experience. The owner greets each and every table. What are you waiting for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must try aged steakTraveltheWorldEatGood1000Dined on 10/18/2014It is so tender and yummy~ worthy to try, don't miss it. big portion, good to share with 2Special Features:
- Great food and live musicopgalDined on 10/18/2014We went on a Saturday night and enjoyed the live jazz music. All of the food was fantastic - the salmon, risotto, and the beef were all well-prepared and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good night at Gaslight GrillbearDined on 10/18/2014Good food, good service, good selection of menu items the baby back ribs were great. The seafood only average. A little too dark lighting to see the menu without my cell phone lighting. Hostess tried to seat us in a high traffic table back in the room we requested another table and was seated there. I felt we were put into the overflow dining area. During our dinning time two other parties refused or requested another table location. management need to remove this one table # 306 to know no one wants to sit at a table with high volume of servers foot traffic. The entertament was okay, very old jazz music ( form the 1920 to 1930s ) that would be good for people in their seventies. Kansas City has many resturant choicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for all occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Dinner at the Gaslight Grill was amazing. We went early for happy hour, you have to get there early because it is packed. Great food and drink specials and the bar staff is very friendly and efficient. We then went to our table in the dinning room where we were treated with the best service I have had in a restaurant of this caliber in a long time. The dinning room was completely full, yet the service was never missing, great job. I had the special off menu beef short ribs over polenta. The short rib was melt in your mouth delicious with a very rich chocolate wine reduction sauce and roasted grapes over a creamy polenta. Outstanding! Others at the table had steaks and seafood. All said they were perfect. We will be back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jazz back room diningLRFMPFDined on 10/17/2014Listen to live jazz while dining in the back room - make reservations & request back room, formal dining roomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencefresh18Dined on 10/17/2014Good food, service and always great jazz music. Good spot for families and also groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great food and serviceSullivanFanVIPDined on 10/10/2014Always get a great meal with great service. We dine there frequently because they cater to our wishes and the food is delicious.Special Features:
- BrandyDined on 10/9/2014We came with friends, their steak were wonderful..The Mahi Mahi was not a good texture..mashed sweet potatoes were delicious ... I was disappointed in the fish... the salad and dressing was reason to come back:) I will try the Scallops next time.. was a nice evening.. Great location Thanks..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerMrandMrsKLKDined on 10/7/2014The service was great! Lena was a good hostess. The Gaslight Strip could have been better. The steak knives were a bit dull and the steak was a bit tough. I would return but perhaps try a fish choice next time. My wife enjoyed it, though, so that made it worthwhile.Special Features:
- dinnerLilaDined on 10/6/2014my husband picked this restaurant for his birthday celebration. everything was perfect. the food was served hot with a wonderful presentation. the server was doting and we did not need to ask for anything. thank you!Special Features:
- good food but....maytagbluesDined on 10/4/2014The food was really good, but for the second time my husband ordered the Maytag blue cheese crusted ribeye and was given a completely different entree which was really disappointing. The waiters always offer to fix, but didn't want to wait when my meal was already on the table. We also asked for a booth when being seated but was told the booths were reserved. There were several booths still open when we left.Special Features:
- bonnieapetitVIPDined on 10/3/2014We noted on our Open Table reservation request that the evening was a celebration of our anniversary. We were given a nice celebratory greeting as well as a glass of Champagne and dessert "on the House". The food was excellent: promptly served, hot and tasty. Our server, Brady, was polite and knowledgeable. All in all, an outstanding experience. The jazz music was excellent as well.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerMartyDined on 10/2/2014The food and the service were very good. The owner greeted us personally and obviously takes great pride in his restaurant. Dessert was provided at no cost in celebration of the day.Special Features:
- Really great!LovefooDined on 10/1/2014We are repeat customers and always enjoy the entire experience. Love the live music and the owner makes everyone feel special. Try either the main dining room or the bar for cocktail hour. Both are increddible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- csimonDined on 9/29/2014Overall, this restaurant was okay. We ordered the bone-in strip or ribeye, their house specialty, for ~ $44. My husband ordered his steak medium well and it came out medium. I ordered mine medium and it came out medium rare. The steaks were fine, but not exceptional, especially for the price and in a city with many wonderful steak houses. Both of our twice-baked potatoes were cold. Our waiter rolled his eyes when we told him this, and said that he would get us fresh, hot ones. He was fine, although twice he asked if I wanted a refill on my wine, when I was drinking scotch. These problems would have been understandable if the restaurant were packed, but it was deserted at 7 PM. We probably will not return there.
- dinner 092814DaveDined on 9/28/2014Excellent unobtrusive service in a quiet atmosphere which promotes good conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Experience!DandDDined on 9/28/2014My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary, which I mentioned when making the reservation. From the hostess, to the waiter, and the owner, we were treated as special guests. It was a Sunday night and very quiet. The tables and booths are far enough apart to make for good conversation without having to yell, as we have experienced elsewhere. We could hear the jazz band in the Back Room but it wasn't too loud and it was pleasant background music. We both ordered the prime rib special and it was not only delicious but very reasonably priced! We were offered our choice of a complimentary dessert to finish off our celebration. We had the Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee and it was amazing! We will definitely return to the Gaslight Grill!Special Features:
- A smorgasbord of delicious food.GourmandDined on 9/28/2014We had a very good experience for brunch, great food, prime rib to Eggs Benedict, jambalaya to spiced shrimp, cheese cake to bread pudding. Always great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationJazzybDined on 9/27/2014Food was outstanding, David, our waiter was most helpful in answering all of our questions and making a recommendation on the salad dressing for the cranberry almond salad, reservation timely, no waiting, very friendly, cordial staff just a wonderful experience to share with my out of town quests.meeting Dick Hawk a plus. Most eating establishments do not take time to mingle with clients. Sometimes the music a little too loud but very nice music. Would like to know the name of the vinegarette dressing used on the cranberry almond dressing --- outstanding. Will definitely be back. Thank you so so much!!!! Everybody raved on your excellent food. Eloise HultSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Gem!bobkatDined on 9/27/2014My wife and I dined there for our wedding anniversary after I had been recommended by a friend and man, did it impress both of us! The food was outstanding (some of the best steak I've had in a while) and the atmosphere was set perfect. We thought the price of the food and drink was well worth it and you certainly won't leave hungry. Loved the live band and host. Definitely on my top list of fine dining establishments. Great venue!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodluvfoodDined on 9/26/2014excellent food & service, convenient location and adequate parkingSpecial Features:
- great happy hourDannyVIPDined on 9/23/2014$5 drinks and apps, what a deal! martinis, wine, shrimp, calamari and flat breads, etc all very good, plus watch the gameSpecial Features:
- Love Gaslight GrillHappydinerDined on 9/22/2014We eat dinner at Gaslight Grill about once a month and always have a wonderful time. The food and service are excellent in the dining room, Jazz room, and happy hour bar as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steakhousefoodie2011Dined on 9/22/2014The Gaslight Grill has gotten the steakhouse tradition down pat. Their steak was flavorful and delicious, and their service excellent. Even the loaded baked potato was far better than the usual. A definite find and well worth a visit.Special Features:
- Great EnvironmentSSHunterDined on 9/21/2014When I reserved our table I didn't know it was going to be "private" dinning. They put us in a room to ourselves. The food was ok for a buffet (food could have been a little warmer and I am not a big fan of powdered eggs). The selection for my family was great. A little bit of everything for all of them. I am looking forward to trying dinner sometime (Prime Rib is one of my favs).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food qualityLstwrdDined on 9/20/2014Too much batter on fish. Was supposed to be tempura but tasted like pancake batter.Special Features:
- Fine Dining in South JOCOJoCoPickyEaterDined on 9/20/2014Excellent food service and atmosphere. Have been twice to Gaslight Grill and had great experiences.Special Features: