Gaslamp Restaurant and Bar
6251 E Pacific Coast Hwy
Long Beach, CA 90803Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Gaslamp Restaurant and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thegaslamprestaurant.com/index.html
- Phone: 5625964718
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Wednesday: 5:00 pm - 12:00 am; Thursday - Saturday: 5:00 pm - 1:00 am; Sunday: 1:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, American, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Entertainment: Tues :/: Comedy Night.... Wed :/: Karaoke Night ....Thurs :/: Bands Bands & Bands Fri :/: 80's Night w/ KNYGHT RYDER .... Sat: DJ's and dancing ... Sun :/: Live Blues/Sunday Funday
A word from Gaslamp Restaurant and Bar
LONG BEACH'S FINEST LIVE MUSIC VENUEContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Gaslamp Restaurant and Bar - Best Restaurants in Long Beach ›
Gaslamp Restaurant and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (12)good for groups (11)special occasion (10)late-night find (9)neighborhood gem (6)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)fit for foodies (3)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Best Sunday Blues and Brunch!LadyKRDined on 10/19/2014I found this place through a friend of mine, and it has rapidly become one of my favorite places to go for great music and great food. The ambiance is very laid back, the service is spot on, and the food and drinks are both stellar. My server was very friendly and hit that perfect balance of leaving me to enjoy the food and music and checking on me to ensure my drink was full and that the quality of the food matched was to my desire. This is an outstanding place to go and lose yourself in great Blues on a Sunday morning and enjoy a Breakfast Shot.Special Features:
- What a pleasant surprise!HBCruiserDined on 10/4/2014My girlfriend and I decided to dine at Gaslamp last Saturday evening. Our reservation was set for 5:30 pm. Upon arrival, we were amazed that the parking lot was nearly full as it was so early. We neared the entrance and immediately realized that there was a band performing. What made it special was that the band was a Journey tribute band, one of my girlfriend's favorite! We were promptly seated off to one side but with a clear view of the band which was awesome as there was no one blocking our view. I had ordered the Chicken Pesto Penne which was very good although I though the chicken was a little overcooked. My girlfriend ordered the Boneless Beef Short-ribs that I sampled and the taste was awesome! I recommend it highly.Special Features:
- Good food and Good MusicOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2014A great place to have a nice dinner and then dance to some 80s music performed by Knyght Ryder. They perform on Fridays only and definitely some great music to listen and dance too. Highly recommend Gaslamp!Special Features:
- Bday party with 7 guestsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Very Disappointed our table was hidden in a very corner. Waitresses sucks!
- Great place for musicTanyar15Dined on 8/23/2014Great place for food and music, parking is free and has a huge lot. Would for sure go again!!!!Special Features:
- Not What We Expected!SurpriseDined on 8/10/2014We thought we were going to a restaurant to cash in on a great Groupon but what we discovered was a totally different experience that made us curious to come back again! We weren't expecting a blues band to be playing still at 6:30 pm on Sunday evening but that made it definitely more interesting. This place has excellent food which makes it worth it to come back again! They have an '80's tribute band that sounds interesting so even if that's not good, we know the food will be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!LBCRoseDined on 7/20/2014Great music, food, service and ambiance! This is a weekly hot spot for me. Love the drinks too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014The view was good, people friendly, band awesome. My only issue was really our waitress. She didn't stay on top of our drinks, brought the wrongs drinks a couple times, and then forgot one of my people's food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We didn't the table we reserved...worldtravelersDined on 6/29/2014The food was delicious, the server was very nice but we had reserved a booth (facing the stage) and they sat us at a table in the back where we could barely see the stage. The hostess said apologized for their mistake and said a booth was about to open up and they would transfer us, but never did. That was the only negative comment we have about the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!RaurenDined on 6/29/2014The waitress we had was super nice and very on it, even though she had a ton of other table and one giant one with like 35 people, the food was amazingly good, the prices were decent. I def would visit againSpecial Features:
- The following 58 reviews are from the Gaslamp Restaurant and Bar reviews archive.
- Good FoodLuvMusicFoodAmbianceDined on 6/15/2014We went to Gas Lamp for a Father's Day Sunday Blues brunch and also brought our 10 year old son. The meanness limited for children but the staff was very open to prepare our son the meal (chicken and rice) without all the spice. We enjoyed our Sunday Brunch drinks and the music..Our food was generous and delicious. Plenty of room for dining. 2000 lbs of Blues was the band...The frontman took several breaks for the couple hours we were there, but glad his band continues to play a bit. The place should have had more people in there enjoying music but we had a good time..The service was good. We would like to come back in the evening to listen to music and relax in one of the romantic booths available.Special Features:
- Poor servicecuaralanbu2073Dined on 6/15/2014our food took one hour to come out. It was not really busy but it was very slow, I thought it would be a good experience to go there for Fathers Day. Bad Idea. The waitress that we had needs more training.
- not your everyday sports scenebabygurl2837Dined on 5/24/2014If you are a UFC guy its a great spot to take your date, you both will be pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place has good food for.cuaralanbu2073Dined on 5/24/2014I was there last saturday 5-24-14 for the UFC fights and I was exited because i have been saving a groupon for months. I was really disappointed when they said that because they had a special event that there were not taking groupons. The only reason I buy groupons for the gaslamp is to go watch the fights. So from now on they don't except groupons for the ufc fights (special event) I guess I have to find a different place to watch the UFC fightsSpecial Features:
- Something for everyone!Well, adultsShylaDined on 5/16/2014We had a blast Friday night! Beers, amazing seared ahi tuna, and tater tots! Yum! Bonus Knyght Rider band played the best 80s music! That singer can sing anything!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/26/2014Loved the ambience, fantastic food, great service. An ideal place to come for sporting eventsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Nights - 80's NightMartinDined on 4/25/2014Looking for 80's dance? Good cover band that plays every Friday. Place is usually packed by 10pm. Our group has been there 3 times in the last 3 months; our servers have been great, always stopping by to check on us. Burgers have been really good, cooked to order the way you want them. Enjoy.Special Features:
- Great music and serviceAnnaDined on 4/4/2014The music was great and the service is always very professional. I have been here 4 times and each time it has been a wonderful experience. I will be coming here again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood findavidfan1Dined on 4/4/2014Great if you're looking for a live music venue. Good entertainment Great food - reasonable pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appetizerslocaleater2Dined on 3/23/2014Went there recently for a blues benefit and ordered a couple of appetizers. They were both PHENOMENAL!!Special Features:
- Awesome bands and THE BEST burgernuskaDined on 3/21/2014This was our second time here on a Friday night. The 80s band is great and super upbeat. This is a great place to dance drink and have a great time. The burgers are AMAZING. Get reservations so you have a table. We will be back and will bring even more friends. Too bad there isn't a place like this in newport!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go here for atmosphere not the foodMonkeyDined on 3/19/2014Gaslamp is known for the live entertainment. It seems like they have a wide variety of acts. But I have to say the food was not good at all. Every dish was over seasoned or over powered by one party of the recipe. BBQ pork was way over seasoned. Truffle fries were drenched in truffle sauce. Chicken was smothered in bad sauce. It's the kind of food that tastes good on the first bite but after two bites you just don't want to eat anymore.Special Features:
- Good Food, Excellent Ambiance!PERFECTDined on 3/15/2014Firstly and foremost the staff at Gaslamp is above excellent! Now for the food... I ordered the Firecracker Shrimp which was suppose to be made with Chipotle, but it was not Chipotle hot at all... I had to put Tabasco on it to get it to my temperature. I really wanted the Flat Iron Steak, but since it was St. Patrick's Day weekend it was not on the menu for this Saturday Night.... will have to go back to try it another night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MefiocreOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/14/2014Food was sub par. Service was horrible. The waitresses lost our credit card and then said we must have dropped it. She found it later. She rarely came around to get us drinks.Special Features:
- Great place for musicTanyar15Dined on 3/8/2014Came to see Dead Man's Party, great stage and can see the band from pretty much anywhere in the restaurant.Special Features:
- Bad seating arrangementdmprocksDined on 3/8/2014The seating layout is not good for watching a live band or show. Despite having reserved a table for dinner and to see the live show, we were sat at a non reserved table in the back corner of the restaurant. From this area of the restaurant the stage was not even viewable. The worst part is that when I made the reservations I requested a table close to the stage but yet we were sat at a table that was furthest from the stage and in a corner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ShowJoanette24Dined on 3/6/2014The show was Dinner with the Beatles - with Beatles cover band Britain's Finest. We took my 15 year old grandson who says he is a Beatle fan.....and I'll be darned if he didn't sing along with me and them!!!! hahahahaha I was a teen in the 60's so should have known the lyrics....he really is a fan!!! They treated him as if he was the adult he thinks he is and the band was incredible. A very good night that will be in our memories for a long, long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't accept my GouponCarolDined on 3/5/2014I brought a group of people there after I called to make sure they would accept the Groupon I had just purchased, which they said yes, they would. When we got there we ordered based on the amount of the Groupon. The bill came and we were told the Groupon was not good that night. So we were stuck with a huge bill, which we did not expect. We complained and the manager just said "Sorry". A night that was supposed to be so fun turned into a bad memory. Will think twice about going again!!!Special Features:
- Sunday night bluesDiane72Dined on 2/16/2014My steak was brought out 30 minutes after we ordered. I waited for my bf's sandwich to come before I ate. Waited 15 minutes. No wait staff to be seen. Finally went to find manager. The young man (not our waitress) who brought the food told me the sandwich would be right out. It came 5 minutes later but was not what we ordered. Basically, they forgot his order and slapped together a chicken sandwich (was supposed to be "blackened"), no avocado either. The waitress gave us a free dessert, but I'd rather have had a hot steak to eat. Steak was too rare, but I didn't want to send it back. Hard to cut and chewy.Special Features:
- Fun, Good Food & Great Atmospherekjm77Dined on 2/1/2014This one local joint that will become a favorite of ours... They show all the UFC Pay-Per-Views and we always like to go watch them, so being new here we were glad to find a place that has a great vibe, good food (try the steak skewers), good seating and plenty of FREE Parking!Special Features:
- Awesome VenuecrelvaDined on 1/25/2014Being it was the first time I had been there I was surprised at how cool the place was. The waitress we had was full of energy and was prompt with our drinks and food. Even though it was apacked house we got a great table very close to the stage and the music was killer. We are Namm attendees and came to see Gary Hoey and supporting acts. This is a place I will be bringing friends and family to in the futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Food and MusicMartinDined on 1/10/2014Great night with cover band Knyght Rider 80s/90s dance and pop. Food was delivered quickly and very tasty (burgers and pasta). Only knock was a pretty strong pour on the drinks (might be a bonus to some)! Overall fantastic. Can't wait for another Friday night trip.Special Features:
- Not really a restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/10/2014I live close by and have seen this establishment change ownership a few times. After finally dining here, I will definitely not be back. This is more of a bar that serves sub par food than it is a restaurant. They offer frequent live entertainment and happy hour specials, but the dinner menu is limited and not cooked well.
- Great spot either for friends,KrysDined on 1/7/2014Great spot either for friends, groups and even a romantic evening. They offer 80's nights and comedy Tuesdays. Great food and love the happy hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This time as on our last visit,CandMDined on 1/5/2014This time as on our last visit, the food had some excellent showings. There were also some dissapointing dishes on both occasions. This time, our entrees and drinks were great. The waiteress was also sweet. The hostess disappeared from the front from time to time and we had to wait a while before she reappeared. She showed us to our table, which was very close to the stage. We moved to another table to try to save our ears a bit. Our wine and meal was very tasty. Last time we had found the bread pudding delicious, so we ordered that. After a few bites we noticed that the bananas on top had dark spots. It was hard to tell what was up, but we couldn't get past it. I liked the volume better last time when the 80's cover band was there.Special Features:
- tough mushroomsTineVIPDined on 1/2/2014the mushroom burger was delicious with exception of the oyster mushrooms, which were stringy and tough and that sort of ruined the experienceI would recommend this to a friend.
- The only downside about itSF26Dined on 12/28/2013The only downside about it is that i requested a good spot to watch the UFC but I did not get it, the waitress said that by the time I made the reservation there were not a better spot available, but still i would have liked a good spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neat venueavidfan1Dined on 12/26/2013Good food, great prices - varied entertainment scene. good service, happy hour menuSpecial Features:
- Good time, but wrong dayyveswmsDined on 12/7/2013Will not go on Rap/Hip Hop night. I am not into underground Rap scene. Will try 80's night or Comedy Night on next Girls Night Out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great showLarryksDined on 11/23/2013The food was quite good, the service was first class and the band (ZZLightfoot) was fabulous!Special Features: