Gas Monkey Bar N' Grill
10261 Technology Blvd E
Dallas, TX 75220Neighborhood:
NW Dallas / Love Field Area
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
Gas Monkey Bar N' Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gasmonkeybarngrill.com/
- Phone: 2143501904
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Daily: 11:00am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Chef David Hollister
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: We are mostly a music venue with 2 stages, 1 inside and one outside. We also cater to the restaurant, bar, nightlife, retail industry. The bands that perform here range from local bands to national acts. Tuesday nights are reserved for our Rock Star Karaoke that will be held on our outdoor stage weather permitting.
- Cross Street: NW Hwy
- Public Transit: Dart Rail Express Transit 5 min away on Hwy 35, Dart Bus line at Technology Blvd @ Connector Dr.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: 94 Parking spaces in lot, roughly 16 motorcycle spaces, 5 front row handicapped spaces. 2 acre grass lot for overflow parking during big events.
A word from Gas Monkey Bar N' Grill
Gas Monkey Bar N' Grill is a Barbecue restaurant in Dallas.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Gas Monkey Bar N' Grill - Best Restaurants in NW Dallas / Love Field Area ›
Gas Monkey Bar N' Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (44)vibrant bar scene (42)good for groups (37)great for lunch (28)late-night find (27)great for outdoor dining (25)special occasion (20)scenic view (12)fit for foodies (11)neighborhood gem (9)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (7)romantic (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- FanadvchknDined on 8/29/2014Unless you are a fan of the tv show, don't go just to eat. It does look like a good place to stay for live music.Special Features:
- Noisy, noisy, noisyGustoDined on 8/28/2014Pretty cool spot, but make sure you know what you're signing up for - which is a loud bar and bands doing sound checks outside that actually rattle the windows. Converstaion is challenging. Service is good. Food is about what you'd expect. Heavy on salt and grease.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy comingGMBGDined on 8/25/2014I visit gas monkey at least once a week for lunch, great food. The prices are reasonable except for the merchandise. But great environment, good live music sometimesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome first experienceDeVoDined on 8/22/2014We had a party of 5 coming in with reservations and some more friends joined so they were last minute able to accomodate us with an amazing booth for 9. Friendly and helpful seating staff and wait staff. Food was good. Drinks were AMAZING - had a monkey martini and margarita. Loved that the food was served in oil pans and there are a lot of small touches like leopard print silverware and metal grey take home boxes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Gas Money bar&grill experience.lovestoeatDined on 8/20/2014The experience I had at Gas Monkey was absolutely amazing. The room had a nice flow about it and the staff was wonderful. The food was simply amazing, some of the best damn ribs I have ever eaten anywhere. About the only thing that caught me off guard was the paying for the souvenir glasses without being asked if we wanted them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised for lunchChanceDined on 8/20/2014I took my son to the garage and then to the Bar n Grill for lunch as a end of summer treat. I expected the food to be mediocre because, after all, the BnG was built on the back of GMG and cable stardom. However, the Pulled Pork and Chicken sandwiches were far above average for a small concert venue/bar, the service was speedy, and the place clean. I was also inexpensive enough to return for more than a special treat with a car-obsessed teenager. High marks to the crew.Special Features:
- ChelzDined on 8/14/2014Totally loved our time at Gas Monkey! The service was great, food was great, great atmosphere- loved it!! The only thing that would of made it better is if the guys from the show would of been thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neat PlacedwarfgoatDined on 8/14/2014Most of our food was good, ribs were excellent fries were awesome and really hot and fresh. Chicken fried beef sandwich was mediocre. Cold, tough and tasteless. Service was good and everyone was friendlySpecial Features:
- Great food &serviceTrynewplacesDined on 8/13/2014The bar and dining area was hopping, and we're got great service and quick service from both the bar and the table. Food selection is limited but what was on the menu was cooked properly and taste great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014This was our first time at Gas Monkey Bar N' Grill. Great atmosphere, Great food and Great part Dallas culture. I recommend it. We will be back many more times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gas monkilisciousmontyjodyDined on 8/4/2014Food was much better than expected. Wish we could have seen Richard or one of the monkeys, but definitely worth the trip and they have a military discount on the food (but not in the retail store).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- COOG1Dined on 7/31/2014The food was really more like bar food than I expected. It was really greasy. Too loud to visit with people at our table. Really great for out of town visitors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencePeanut2121Dined on 7/17/2014We really enjoyed our time at Gas Monkey Bar & Grill. The only negative was the prices of the merchandise in the gift shop??? $150 is a bit much for four t-shirts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/16/2014Our food was perfection. We had a burger, chicken fried steak, pulled pork baked potato. Everything was awesome especially the fries!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool place & great food!4SneadAmigosDined on 7/16/2014This place is really cool, we went there for lunch while on a vacation to Dallas and were really impressed. The brisket nachos are AWESOME! My son & husband watch Gas Monkey on TV and were so thrilled to come here. We will definitely come back if were are in the Dallas area.Special Features:
- Fun place to goFoodygroupyDined on 7/15/2014Been meaning to go to Gas Monkey for a while and ended up going for my brother in laws birthday- he's a fan! Had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- had funpavisitorDined on 7/10/2014Had a good time but would have loved for us to have met Richard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dallas VacationQKSLVER6Dined on 7/8/2014Went to see the restaurant since I am a fan of the show. The restaurant did not disappoint. The food was good and quick. The staff was VERY attentive and checked on us constantly. I felt like they really took care of us while we were there. I would highly recommend when you are in Dallas.Special Features:
- Awesome concert on July 3rdLJ32ddDined on 7/3/2014We showed up early for our reservation and decided to have a drink at the bar. Met the most AWESOME bartender Pepper. Had so much fun at the bar that we cancelled our reservation and ate at the bar. Food was amazing. The grilled cheese with brisket is my very favorite. This was my first concert at Gas Monkey and I can't wait to go back. REALLY GREAT venue. Dale put on a really great show and we had an awesome time at Gas Monkey. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!4perezDined on 6/24/2014We were in town on vacation and initially went as fans of Fast N Loud, but loved it so much that we went back for lunch on the way out of town a few days later. Already planning return trip and will definitely recommend to friends visiting the area. Awesome food, fantastic service, would love to go back during a concert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShellyDined on 6/20/2014Great atmosphere! Not fond of food at all.. Service was great! And so were the drinks... Don't go hungry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hflo2011Dined on 6/12/2014I took my husband for his birthday and we both had a great time! Would definitely come back. Both had brisket plates...the brisket was awesome but the side dishes are a little different for me. Great for people that like to experiment though. We felt like the food prices were really reasonable bug souvenir prices were pretty high ($30 for a tshirt!!). Still, it was overall a great experience and we would definitely dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mouthwatering Burger & Great StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014Very relaxing atmosphere. Food was fabulous. One of the best burgers I have had in a very long time. Waitress was very friendly and stayed in tune with refilling drinks all night at our table and was on it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sort of a biker barLove2eatSteakDined on 5/29/2014Good food, loud, entertaining, service was ok, but this place has a lot if fun things going for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/27/2014Service from waitress was excellent. We waited longer than usual for our drink order to be taken. Not a good selection of food from menu. Several people in our party wanted the chicken fried steak but waitress did not recommend it due to "still trying to perfect it" . Took a long time for our food order to come out. U personally wouldn't go back but would only recommend it for the experience. It is a typical bar and grill would have expected more from it being gas monkey. ..Special Features:
- AwesomeMikieDined on 5/27/2014Had a awesome time at the Bar and Grill. Friendly Staff and perfect food.Special Features:
- Our special dinnerGMBGfanDined on 5/22/2014We were in Dallas to attend our daughter receiving her wings with Southwest Airlines. Being a fan of 'Fast and Loud', she really wanted to go to Gas Monkey for dinner. The food was excellent and our waiter, Spencer, was very personable and professional. Overall, an A+ all the way around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed - quality needs workCbranch2Dined on 5/19/2014drove in from Fort Worth made reservations via Open Table. The wait staff was nice and friendly, checkin on us (thanks Andrew!), our food was the main disappointment, it was between cold and almost lukewarm. The smoked queso was cold enough to have a film on top when served, the chips were super greasy and cold. The brisket tasted like it would have been awesome if it was served at correct temp. The sides were so cold it made me gag. The burgers were cooked to correct doneness, but they were barely warm. The strawberry margarita was awesome. They seemed to have enough staff etc and the place wasn't packed but was decently fulled with tables,so I'm not sure what the problem was. Would love to come back, but I am not sure I will.Special Features:
- Not just a gimmickbmwru735Dined on 5/7/2014You do NOT have to be a fan of the show or even hot rods to enjoy this place. The service was really outstanding, friendly and attentive without being pushy. Danny was our bartender and was so likeable we canceled our reservation ( the hostesses were great too) and ate at the bar. Food was good, but came out warm not hot. That's my only complaint. The flavors were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Work NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/5/2014We had a blast. It was our first time and we enjoyed it. We were from out of down and took someone with us that lives in Dallas, he is now going to bring some people back for lunch. It was great, only thing that would of made it better was if the 2 guys would of been there. One of the girls with us loves that show and hated she did not get to meet them. Thank you, RhondaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 154 reviews are from the Gas Monkey Bar N' Grill reviews archive.
- Excellent ExperienceDaveSDined on 5/1/2014Our group thoroughly enjoyed their experience. The waitress had a great sense of humor and made it a lot of fun! This is the second group event we've held there - thanks for the great food and fun!Special Features:
- Gas money is a gasDFWDiningDivaDined on 4/30/2014Reservation made prior to lunch - arrived - all was in order. Great table, ambiance (energetic-no bands at lunch), excellent service and good food. A bit pricey for lunch - but will go again.Special Features:
- Had to go!!canadabound13Dined on 4/29/2014The servers were amazing, the food was good and the place was packed on a Tuesday evening. Took lots of pictures, bought a t-shirt & a glass...hope to return someday soon!Special Features:
- Best restaurant in TexasBigt1981Dined on 4/28/2014I have eaten there several times and every time it is awesome the food is great no matter what you get the price is reasonable and the servers are very professionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Now I know...frequenteaterVIPDined on 4/14/2014Met colleagues for an afternoon meeting. The bar was out of the 1st 3 (local) beers I ordered. Service was slow & average at best. Grilled cheese brisket sandwich was the best thing I tried. The rest of the food is not worth mentioning. Other reviews suggest the owners have done a good job of separating the restaurant from it's reality show. I DISAGREE. Most of the patrons were clearly there because of the show - which was streaming on many of the TV's and in the restrooms. And when the owner strolled in - everyone pulled out their phones and swarmed. That's when we packed it up and got out. No thanks. Looking for a positive...it looks like a cool music venue. I'd come back to see a good band and have a cold beer. But otherwise, skip it.
- Great Experience!StaggerleeDined on 4/9/2014This was a great overall experience. A lot of times the hype out weighs the food...not in this case. The menu was small but yummy!!! It's a must when in the Dallas area!! Good times and good food!Special Features:
- EXCELLENT EXPERIENCE!!!!!bradwDined on 4/9/2014We went here with a business group and the place was outstanding. I am a fan of the show so this was a must for me travelling to Dallas. The ribs were the best part of the meal. Will definitely be back when I am in town. Nice job Gas Monkey!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food - Very good to not good at allDeborahDined on 4/9/2014If dining at Gas Monkey Bar N' Grill, be sure to order anything with brisket. The brisket was quite tasty and tender and made any dish better. In addition, the chips and queso were very good. However, the chicken tenders were just ok and the fish tacos were not good at all and need a make over quickly - highly disappointing considering the brisket. The iced tea is delicious! Finally, if you are seated in the tall bar chairs that are at most tables, be prepared to have a few aches - the chairs are really, really hard.........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceJJdcDined on 4/6/2014The gas monkey bar and grill was a fun place to visit and experience. Our waitress Mallory was great and very friendly. A pleasure. Fun atmosphere. Really enjoyableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomedrizzthussDined on 3/31/2014Went because of the show. The food was great. The El Jefe burger was outstanding. Want to go back. Our server Andrew was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.