7986 Tesla Road
Livermore, CA 94550Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.garrewinery.com/cafe_garre.html
- Phone: 9253718200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:30am - 6:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Garre Cafe
Experience old Italy as the scent of freshly baked focaccia bread sets the mood for a truly moving dining experience. With a beautiful Italian garden, wine barrels and surrounding vineyards the stress and worry of the day disappear. Enjoy our eclectic menu featuring California cuisine with a Mediterranean influence paired with our handcrafted wines. With both indoor and outdoor seating the café is perfect for a business lunch, an intimate date or family gatherings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Garre Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (12)great for outdoor dining (10)scenic view (5)good for groups (5)notable wine list (3)special occasion (3)fit for foodies (2)neighborhood gem (2)romantic (1)Show More
- New Restaurant BuildingSargeVIPDined on 9/19/2014New building opened mid 2014. One of the very few wineries in Livermore that has a restaurant. Nice atmosphere, small wine list, good food. I had their Pappardelle creamy pesto pasta w/ chicken and pancetta. Excellent and enough for 2. My wife had the Italian Grinder lunchmeat sandwich w/ special potato chips. She only ate 1/2. Very good. We had bottle of Garre sparkling NV wine. Good and only $26! We later went the wine tasting room. $5 each. Limited wine list. Only a couple of wines were good. Some of the tasters were actually dumping their white wines in the disposal bucket! Never have seen that many do that before. Outside dining, but part next to parking lot and other part overlooks grape area. Old restaurant to be wine tasting room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieVIPDined on 9/13/2014There is a nice view if you sit on patio. Unfortunately the inside the restraurant does not capture the views. The food is good with some interesting plates. Overall, a fun Weekend outing.
- FoodieDined on 9/12/2014Wow. Amazing decor. Fresh & sustainable ingredients. Wood fire oven. The crab cakes were phenomenal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for meat loversFunfayeDined on 8/29/2014My friends all enjoyed their meaty sandwiches. As a vegetarian, I had two salads to choose from. The Wine Country salad I chose had fresh greens, pecans and figs, ($12). I've been to Garre three times, and that's all I've ever ordered because the other salad is just too plain. It would be really nice if they would add one or two vegetarian sandwiches as I'm tired of the salad and hope I'm not invited there again until the menu is changed.Special Features:
- FreshmanDined on 8/27/2014Our first visit at Garre. Was not sure where to park and the door to enter the restuarant. Lunch was good for my group of 8 but the plates did not come all at the same time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch inside or outLVfoodieDined on 8/26/2014Great atmosphere and décor on the inside. Dining outside is just as pleasant with great scenery. Service is slow/sporadic-figure they are working out the kinks with the new location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2014A very pleasant surprise. They have opened a new cafe with a beautiful vineyard setting. My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful anniversary lunch. The service was excellent and many items on the menu to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hardly a outdoor cafemouse1Dined on 8/24/2014My husband and I met my parents for Sunday Lunch and booked a table outside. What a disappointment! The tables sat on a large concrete slab with out a tree in site. Bare bones. I realize the cafe has only been in the new location for 2 weeks but please rent some potted trees and plants until the landscaping becomes a little more mature. The atmosphere would have tolerated if the food would have been good but sadly it was not. The white wine came at room temperature instead of chilled. Come on...this is a winery. The steak sandwich was dry and the chicken sandwich did not have much taste. However, the new restaurant looked fantastic . The lighting was incredible and must look stunning at night.
- A New Livermore Wine Country TreatmerebruinDined on 8/24/2014The new Garré Café is in a beautiful building with attractive landscaping in front of it. The view from the restaurant terrace is a bit uninspiring, but I imagine that vineyards will spring up on the hills there shortly. The food is as good as it was in the previous location, but as in the previous location the service could be a bit more efficient. However, a lunch here is a special wine country treat.Special Features:
- WonderfulKimADined on 8/18/2014We were seated outside it was a beautiful day, the food was amazing and our server was attentive. Great view of the valley. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice new building, food needs workrobbieboyDined on 8/17/2014We went here on a recent Sunday for lunch, and were pleasantly surprised to see that they had moved out of the old lunch building and into the new building out back. The new facility is very nice inside. We chose to eat outdoors, which was very pleasant - but some of the new vegetation needs to mature a bit before it's really nice. The menu has some new items on it and had a decent variety covering standard lunch fare . I had a chicken breast sandwich, and was a bit underwhelmed. The chicken was a bit tough, the rabe was rubbery to the point of being inedible, and the toasted garlic mayonnaise that I was so looking forward to amounted to about a half teaspoon that he all melted into one small center of the bun.Special Features:
- Good Food, nice new buildingrscupDined on 8/15/2014The new buildings dining area has great décor! The service is very good. The outdoor patio looks like it will be nice once finished but we sat out there anyway, not a lot to look at right now. We were told later in the afternoon the wind comes up so get there early if eating outside. They need to put up signage to direct people to the restaurant and to where the front doors are. The food was delicious, I had the pulled pork sandwich which was large and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Garre Cafe reviews archive.