Garozzo's Ristorante - Overland Park
9950 College Blvd
Overland Park, KS 66210Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Garozzo's Ristorante - Overland Park
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.garozzos.com/
- Phone: 9134918300
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 11am-9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Garozzo's caters to any location, any time, any cuisine. Contact Todd Ferguson at (816)589-7072
A word from Garozzo's Ristorante - Overland Park
• Michael Garozzo, his wife Marguerite and their four daughters own and operate Kansas City's most awarded and popular Italian restaurant. Garozzo's boasts fine dining cuisine, moderately priced, in a family atmosphere. The restaurant is Zagat rated as one of the top Italian restaurants in the country, a Kansas City dining tradition for nearly 20 years. Garozzo's is where their signature dish Chicken Spiedini began, now often imitated and never duplicated around town; Garozzo's has made Chicken Spiedini a Kansas City staple. The Garozzo family and staff welcome you to any of four locations in the Kansas City area for a true Italian dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Garozzo's Ristorante - Overland Park reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (32)neighborhood gem (20)good for groups (15)fit for foodies (15)romantic (14)great for outdoor dining (11)notable wine list (9)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great meal but the service was slowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014I always love Garozzo's for Italian food and especially like their patio at the Overland Park location. The food did not disappoint but the service was uncomfortably slow. The waitress did her best but was clearly drowning. I'll assume this was a one-time fiasco where somebody - or a few somebodies - didn't show up for work and they did their best in a short-handed situation. I'll go back and hope to have a better all around experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Like being at grandma and grandpa's house for dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and wineyumsDined on 9/2/2014My wife and I went for dinner early evening when there weren't too may customers in the restaurant. We had to wait a little longer than normal for most restaurants, but after that the service was very good. The chicken spedini (sp?) was great, as was the caesar salad. I had a glass of Chateau Ste. Michelle merlot; it was very good.Special Features:
- Never againJackieDined on 8/22/2014We were very disappointed with the service and the food. We understand that Friday night is busy, however we assumed that the staff was up to the challenge. It can't be a surprise that a lot of people were there. The food was not good and the presentation wasn't worthy of a decent restaurant. One member of our party had a Spedini entree. The Alfredo sauce was simply glopped on the pasta covering the chicken pieces and nearly running off the plate. In addition there was a thin film of grease on the sauce which indicated that the food had been sitting out a while and had cooled down considerably. Again, the restaurant was busy, but apparently the kitchen was no better prepared than the wait staff. I will not return to this location.
- Great FoodwannabefoodcriticDined on 8/22/2014The only mark against the evening was the noise level. There were a couple of large groups dining, but perhaps they could have seated them farther apart.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday meal!KCScottVIPDined on 8/19/2014I took advantage of the free Chicken Spiedini dinner on my birthday this year and it was great! As usual, the food was fantastic and we had so much left over that it made a great second meal. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Blah, Wine Was GoodWeLoveBrunchDined on 8/11/2014I specifically picked Garozzo's for my spouse's birthday because he loves Italian food, and we've heard so much about it. I'm not sure if we were there on an off night, or if maybe we needed to go to the other location for the atmosphere and food we'd heard so much about, but I wasn't impressed. The menu has an amazing variety, and yet the flavors fell flat. Everything was drenched or covered, and the service practically threw crusted bread onto the table as an after thought. The moscato was delicious, but you can't really go wrong with opening a bottle of wine. I essentially bought a $100+ slice of tiramisu, which was delicious. I assume it's better at lunch for those at Corporate Woods to enjoy, but I'm not sure.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing dining experienceKateVIPDined on 8/10/2014Have been going to garozzo's for years and the service was so bad we will not return. Waited over 15 minutes after being seated and had to ask the hostess to her someone. Food was marginal not the same quality we have had. Spedini had little flavor.
- Always GOOD!tickled10VIPDined on 8/8/2014We celebrated a birthday at Garozzos on College Friday night. Everything was superb, as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service for groupsKimmDined on 8/7/2014We had a party of 9 for lunch and the service and good were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jutkieDined on 8/3/2014good food and nice service. service was pleasant. prices are unexpectedly high for a neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the outdoor diningmelodyDined on 8/2/2014We enjoyed the outdoor dining. This area is set away from the busy streets and is scenic and quiet for having conversations with our friends. The food was good and they were all large portion sizes.Special Features:
- Not up to parKM1373Dined on 8/2/2014If this had been my first visit to Garozzo's, it may have been my last. I had a reservation, but they seated us in the bar in a booth with dead springs. TVs are noisy and distracting and I don't want them around when I go out for a nice meal. Service was inattentive. Most surprising of all, the food was only OK. The chicken spiedini was dry, and the tilapia was nothing special. We ordered the Sicilian Garlic Dip, but sat there waiting for far too long (bread hadn't even shown up), then finally caught the waitress's attention to ask about it. She clearly had forgotten it. Even though we mentioned that we were celebrating a birthday early, she offered no pleasantries to make the birthday girl feel special.
- Perfecto2ItaliangoodnessDined on 7/24/2014It was the perfect dining pleasure I can't think of one thing I would have changed! The veal was absolutely perfect and we both thoroughly enjoyed it. We will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot to celebrate!KM1373Dined on 7/21/2014We celebrated two birthdays that night, and the wait staff cheerfully stepped around the pile of presents we hauled in. Delicious meal! We had seafood ravioli, canneloni, vitello Garozzo, chicken caesar salad, and, of course, chicken spiedini! Portions were ample, and so four of the five of us took home leftovers. Garozzo's never disappoints!Special Features:
- PVFoodyVIPDined on 7/20/2014Great band on Sunday night. Ebony, the singer was fantastic! Food great as always.Special Features:
- Always a wonderful experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Never disappointed, the food is delicious and the atmosphere is inviting and romantic. Love the music!Special Features:
- Keeps getting better!finedinekcDined on 7/18/2014My wife and I have been eating there since it opened! Food has always been very good. Went there on my wife's birthday it was fantastic! The calamari was perfect,the salad and bread were delicious, the chicken spiedini gabriella was outstanding and the tiramisu was to die for! Oh by the way your birthday spiedini is free!Special Features:
- Half price wine SundaykarenDined on 7/13/2014Hard to beat half price wine deal on Sunday nights. Food was good. Unfortunately service was noticeably slow. We were seated immediately. Then the waiting game began. Wait to order, for wine, salads, entrees, bread mysteriously showing up during dinner. Enjoyable evening as we weren't in hurry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysAlexMomDined on 7/12/2014My husband and I enjoy the food and ambiance at Garozzo's very much. We go there several times a year and was sad they closed the Olathe location that was the one closest to us.Special Features:
- Recent changesPFieldVIPDined on 7/10/2014It seemed to me that the menu has shrunk and appears a bit more formulaic.
- amazing meal as alwaysmuttlvrDined on 7/6/2014This restaurant is so perfectly consistent, it never disappoints. The service was impeccable, a truly prefect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OP location gives Garozzos bad nameRonViannaDined on 6/26/2014We have enjoyed the Columbus Park Garozzo's many times always perfect!. This was the first and only time we will ever dine at the Overland Park diner version of Garozzo's. I hate giving bad reviews, but other than the wonderful plate of samantha spedini, the restaurant is a miss. From the boisterous 12 person dinner party in the middle of the restaurant, tables very close to each other, servers that were much less than interested in ensuring our dining experience, we could not wait to get finshed and get out of there. Our birthday celebration was a Mel's Diner experience which I felt was not worth the $120 we paid for it. Mike, I love what you did downtown, this does not spoil Garozzos for me, but the Overland Park location is pitiful.
- A working lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014The food was wonderful as always. We've had better servers made me wonder if this one was in training.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- REAL ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/16/2014Wow! I did not expect to find the kind of outstanding Italian food I had experienced on The Hill in St. Louis in a suburb of Kansas City. The food is just amazing! I had the Garozzo veal dish and it was wonderful. My companion wanted to eat light and had an outstanding salad. Go to Garozzo's with a big appetite and experience outstanding appetizers, main dishes and desserts. Service was very good especially from the ladies who kept our tea and water glasses filled. If you are in Kansas City, Kansas don't miss out on this first class establishment! It is well worth the drive out to Overland Park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as downtownC2eatgoodfoodDined on 6/14/2014The food, service, and atmosphere does not rival the downtown location.
- The St. Louis "Hill" in Kansas CityTom1121Dined on 6/14/2014Very simple....great menu (something for everyone), great food, ample portions and terrific service!
- Bad meal.not2returnDined on 6/13/2014The tenderloin meat was the worst that I ever tasted, and I specifically told the Server that I DIDN'T want any spicy food; but that is exactly what I received. We won't be back.
- consistently good4pawedDined on 6/1/2014When my son comes home for the summer, he always wants to celebrate with dinner at Garozzo's. This time did not disappoint. The server was not intrusive, but attentive and the food was delicious! The portions are huge (one of the reasons my son loves it) and we end up taking half of our food home for the next day.Special Features:
- Great Garrozzo's RediscoveryTravelingPalateVIPDined on 5/27/2014Visiting town & rediscovering old favorite restaurants with family who had never been. They loved the home made gnocchi, baked lasagna while we re explored the family of 4 spectacular Spendini dishes. The gnocchi with pesto & vodka sauce was the best our retired counselor ever had. It was late so we resisted the variety of appetizers but the house salad that includes artichoke & light tangy dressing was a treat. Garrozzo's has something for everyone's pallate whether beef, chicken, veal seafood or pasta. Everyone was full so we will have to return for their famous traditional Italian deserts. A task we will happily endeavor on our next trip back home to KC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2014We sat in the bar area and Samantha our server/bartender gave us excellent service and the food was wonderful as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding foodYumTumDined on 5/21/2014The food is outstanding and although items can be a bit pricy, the amount of food makes it well worth it. The staff is friendly and inviting.Special Features:
- The following 519 reviews are from the Garozzo's Ristorante - Overland Park reviews archive.
- Very very dissapointed!!TomlynneDined on 5/17/2014Bad service, could not even get a Tonic water, gave us something else 7 did not tell us it was not tonic water until be inquired! Food was not hot, the special a $30 plate of a few beef tips, a little pasta & 3 shrimp was absolutely paltry!! Went there to celebrate an anniversary, will never go again!! Paid $2.50 for 2 drinks we never had! if you don't have the drink, say so!!! Don't charge for something we never had & also sent this drink back once only to get the same thing!!Special Features:
- Artichoke DelightJmartDined on 5/14/2014What a great treat to have whole artichokes. I would show up just for that dish, wine and dessert. Food is better than average, server helped us navigate the menu very well.Special Features:
- Great foodGreatnightDined on 5/14/2014The meal and service was wonderful. Will go back! The wine list was great also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely delightful!LisaPeepDined on 5/12/2014A night out with my sis and she was looking for a steak that she used to get on "the hill" in St Louis when she lived there. We both ordered the combination of the Bistecca Modego and Chicken Spedini and we not disappointed at all. The steak is so tender that you could almost cut it with your fork. Delicious! And the chicken spedini is flavorful and garlicky as expected. We also ordered the Sicilian oil and garlic for the bread and it was wonderful. What we had left we poured on our chicken spedini that we took home. I had a nice packet of leftovers for the next night. And Monday night you can bring your own bottle of wine with NO corking fee. Saved us $20!Special Features:
- Wonderful Mother's Day BrunchKM1373Dined on 5/11/2014We often choose Garozzo's for celebratory meals for many reasons, not the least of which is the chicken spiedini! Garozzo's only does brunch on a very few occasions, but it is well worth it when they have it. They keep the offerings, which are plentiful, well-stocked. We never found ourselves waiting for a dish to be replenished. Besides the chicken spiedini, the marinated tomato salad was another standout, but everything was good. This restaurant offers something that pleases the palate of everyone in my household, and, from looking around the dining rooms, that was true for many other families, who had members in high chairs, on walkers, and everything in between. Give it a try!Special Features:
- Favorite Mother's Day BrunchKCNoleDined on 5/11/2014Although always packed, we continue to return to Garozzo's for our Mother's Day Brunch. We were first sold on this spot because they were able to accommodate us without a reservation when our previous plans fell through. Now that we make reservations in advance, our table is always ready and waiting for us. The offerings are varied and all well-prepared. Our kids love the breakfast food (with an occasional trip back for meatballs and desserts), while my husband and I enjoy the Chicken Spiedini and other Italian cuisine. The plates are substantial in size, allowing you to try a little of everything on one trip, or just provide enough space for a syrup-covered pancake or slice of french toast. Dessert is amazing and the staff is friendly.Special Features:
- One of my favoritesBlueskyDined on 4/27/2014Excellent food and service. We were in a bit of a hurry to make a concert on time and our food was prepared and brought to our table in the timeliness of fashions.Special Features:
- SparKKyDined on 4/24/2014We dined here to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The overall experience was very nice. Good food as always and a nice ambiance. We last had dined here on Valentine's Day and it was wonderful and our server was so friendly and pleasant. This time, while the service was good, our server was very business-like and not near the friendly personality of the last visit. She did not do anything wrong, just could be a bit friendlier and show a little more interest. All in all, it was still a very nice dining experience.Special Features: