Garozzo's Ristorante - Kansas City
Kansas City, MO 64106Neighborhood:
Downtown / River Market
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Garozzo's Ristorante - Kansas City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.garozzos.com/
- Phone: 8162212455
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 11am-10pm Friday 11am-11pm Saturday 4pm-11pm Sunday 4pm-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering available at any location, any time, any cuisine. Please call Todd Ferguson at (816)589-7072
- Private Party Facilities: Private party seating for up to sixty. Please call for details.
- Special Events: Please join us Monday night December 6th at our original Downtown location for a 5 course Wine Dinner featuring the outstanding wines of Castello Banfi.
A word from Garozzo's Ristorante - Kansas City
• Michael Garozzo, his wife Marguerite and their four daughters own and operate Kansas City's most awarded and popular Italian restaurant. Garozzo's boasts fine dining cuisine, moderately priced, in a family atmosphere. The restaurant is Zagat rated as one of the top Italian restaurants in the country, a Kansas City dining tradition for nearly 20 years. Garozzo's is where their signature dish Chicken Spiedini began, now often imitated and never duplicated around town; Garozzo's has made Chicken Spiedini a Kansas City staple. The Garozzo family and staff welcome you to any of four locations in the Kansas City area for a true Italian dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Garozzo's Ristorante - Kansas City - Best Restaurants in Downtown / River Market ›
Garozzo's Ristorante - Kansas City reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (80)neighborhood gem (79)fit for foodies (54)romantic (52)good for groups (44)notable wine list (32)great for lunch (26)kid-friendly (13)hot spot (12)late-night find (12)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Outstanding As AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/22/2014Garozzo's is hands down our choice in town for a night out. Mike and his folks are the best. It's always a grandslam for food service and ambiance!! You just can't do any better!! You're family when you go there. Always my first choice when having a night out. I have taken many friends, family, co-workers and clients to Garozzo's over the last 20 years and everyone has always said what a great choice it is and many out of towners I have taken there will ask when they are back in town "...what was that Italian restaurant we went to...that were we want to go again." Thanks to Mike and his folks! They are the bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It doesn't get better than this.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/22/2014Best Italian in Kansas City. Atmosphere, food and service just can't be beat.Special Features:
- Delicious on every levelLerxstDined on 10/17/2014this restaurant is quite possibly the best Italian restaurant I've been to and I've lived all around the world you cannot go wrong in this place when I travel to Kansas City it is the only restaurant I eat at.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slightly disappointedKcdiningDined on 10/17/2014I made a reservation for 8PM for 2, we arrived a few minutes prior and was told it was going to be 15-20 minutes for a table so she took my name. At 8:30 I looked at my phone and they had texted me at 8:16 without knowing I was going to be texted when our table was ready. When I went up to the host, she said they passed over me, even though they never called my name and I was sitting next to the host stand. We didn't get sat until 8:50 and then had a waiter who was extremely slow and forgetful. The food however was great! Large portions for a good price and it came out quickly! However, having to wait 50 minutes with a reservation and not getting drinks we ordered just wasn't good service so will probably be a while before returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Free Birthday MealSymbioteDined on 10/15/2014If you go on your birthday, show ID, & buy an entree, you'll get a free chicken spiedini, plus spumoni. Food was great. Service was great. The place was noisy, but that was because the Royals had just made it to the World Series. I'll definitely be coming back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Recently had a date night with my wife here. She had a hard time deciding between two dishes so the server suggested they split the order and let her try half of each dish. The Spedieni is great but you will be taking leftovers home if you order it. Very impressed with the house wine also (Liberty Creek). Overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteveVIPDined on 10/10/2014Always enjoy coming here when in Kansas City. Food and service always good.Special Features:
- consistently very goodearl1VIPDined on 10/9/2014This is a cozy place to get a reliably good meal. My friend ordered the "pasta 3 ways" dish and it was enough for four people! I had Garozzo's chicken speeding and it was great.Special Features:
- oustandingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014I would highly recommend the warm garlic dip to start your meal, and the Cafe Garozzo to complete your meal. Both were outstanding and have left me craving them days later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Immediately found a spot. Great place with fantastic service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food or Server?GulfCoastDined on 9/24/2014Our party of 4 agreed that the food was in the tippy top ranks of Italian ever, including the extensive time I spent in Italy. Good as the food was, its quality was rivaled by that of the server. He was experienced, knowledgeable, helpful, and congenial We intend to return soon and to take our out of town guests when showing them the best of Kansas City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodKCadmanVIPDined on 9/21/2014One of the best Italian restaurants in the Kansas City area.Special Features:
- FabulousMarkDined on 9/20/2014The best veal spiedini (Sophia Marie) I have ever tasted, with salad, wine, pasta and a great dessert, unbeatable!! Waitress was wonderful and very helpful. The price is right. Reminds one of Italy, beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- richandbillDined on 9/13/2014No waiting to be seated with our reservation. However, we were seated in the bar area where the ambiance was not quite what we expected. I would have preferred to have been seated in another part of the restaurant. Everything else was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodSusieDined on 9/13/2014We really enjoyed our visit.Waiter was really nice. The dipping oil is too buttery and needs some heat and maybe garlic salt or olives... Just a suggestion:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very kind and energetic staffgraxevsDined on 9/12/2014Our service was quick, they were able to get us in even with us showing up an hour early for our reservations. Chris, our waiter, was very fast and enegetic. He knew the menu well and was able to make excellent recemendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlwaysForeverDined on 9/2/2014All was wonderful and always love the specials!! Special place fpr my whole family, but just wife and I on this outting.Special Features:
- A bit of Italy in KCnonicknameDined on 9/2/2014Always love going to Garozzo's, especially the one downtown K C. Just plain, good Italian food with great, professional servers. Staff, like the food is first rate. Nice wine list (wish it was less expensive). Downtown restaurant is our favorite, feel like we just were transported to NYC or Boston's North End.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great old Italian restaurant!MIMIDined on 9/2/2014Always a favorite. And always have lots of left overs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special dining experienceMikeDined on 8/31/2014Very unique menu and excellent Italian food. Ambiance is unique and special as well .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seated at the kids tableElainerDined on 8/31/2014Our party of four adults was seated in a small room with a family that included young, approx. 18 month old twins. Another family with two young children was later seated near our table. Between the shrieks and crying it was difficult to have a conversation and fully enjoy the meal. Way too much Gorgonzola cheese on the salad, and slow refill on bread so we were unable to fully enjoy the olive oil dipping sauce we had ordered. Overall not able to fully enjoy the meal and for the price of dinner here, it makes me unlikely to return anytime soon.Special Features:
- Fun eveningLove2dineoutDined on 8/23/2014We took our grand-daughter, her mother, and mother's boyfriend out for a birthday dinner. Food was excellent. The boyfriend said it was the best steak he had ever had. Fun, exciting environment. Our server did not provide Garrozo's usual excellent service. She was less than attentive and had trouble keeping up our table.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningLuckyDined on 8/23/2014At the end of the evening, our Houston friends remarked that Garozzos is now their favorite restaurant in KC. They are moving here in the future and said they are already looking forward to many more meals at G's. My husband and I are from the Northeast area of KC and this fine restaurant always brings back memories of the old neighborhood. We were well taken care of during our visit and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerDconrad3Dined on 8/20/2014I took my wife and her sister to dinner for their birthday. They both ordered the chicken spiedini when they were told that it was free on their birthday. The food was great. After we finished our meal, we were told that only one of the two birthday dinners would be free since there was only one free dinner allowed with one paid dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerJohnnyDined on 8/16/2014My girlfriend and I had a great dining experience this past Saturday. The food was great and so was the service. We will be back for sure!Special Features:
- Great Birthday ExperienceDelightfulDelilahDined on 8/15/2014The Harrison Avenue site was really great to celebrate my birthday with my husband. It is very quaint with superb service and excellent food. We've also visited the Lee's Summit location in the past and would recommend it. We choose this location for our date night for my birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HondoDined on 8/13/2014We were served by Phil what a great waiter and very personable we will be backSpecial Features:
- Always great.SteakLoverVIPDined on 8/10/2014My wife and I had a very good time having a terrific Sunday dinner at Garozzo's. We each had a different veal dish with much pleasure and a terrific bottle of wine. There servers were friendly and helpful, as always. A favorite place!Special Features:
- Great Italian CuisinemejhVIPDined on 8/4/2014Excellent Chicken spadini, all of the pasta dishes, excellent house and ceaser salad.Special Features:
- The absolute best Italian food!SherDined on 8/3/2014It's tradition that I go to Garozzo's on my birthday. I had two family members with me this time that had never been there before. It's so fun to see someone experience their food for the first time - like no other Italian restaurant around!! Love it!Special Features:
- Best EverFlyguyDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I found this place by looking online for a nice place to eat when we were in town. The reviews were good so we decided to give it a try. This was a great place! Located in a neighborhood on the North side of downtown. Garozzo's is a a throwback Itilian gem with with all the charm. Our server's name was even Vinny if that tells you anything about how authenic this place is. The food was amazing and was one of the best meals I've ever had. Our driver told us this was the place that the locals go to for exceptional Itilian food. Be sure to make a reservation. If enjoying a great meal, a glass of wine, and the company you're with then this is the place to go. I give it a 5 Star Rating, two tumbs up, and a gold metal.Special Features:
- TChapDined on 7/30/2014Excellent food and service, as always. Never a disappointment. Ate here before the JT concert, and our waiter,Phil, took great care of us and made sure we got in and out on time. Will be back for certain!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TDTDDined on 7/26/2014My wife and I had previously dined at Garozzo's and was seated downstairs it was busy and a little crowded for me. This last time we requested the VIP room upstairs and we were very impressed the ambience was romantic and our food, the quality in the sauce on the Lasagna was the best I have ever experienced along with the suggested wine. The service was not only punctual but was very friendly. I would very much recommend our experience to anyone looking for some special Italian cooking.Special Features:
- Never disappointsCourtneyDined on 7/26/2014We usually always try to go earlier in the evening when we take our daughter, and she loves it there. Our server was fantastic and attentive without being overbearing. Food was great, as always!Special Features:
- Always a satisfying experience!CatspjsDined on 7/25/2014It had been years since I'd been to Garozzo's and I was very pleased to find that the quality of food & the atmosphere were just the same as I remembered. From the appetizers & salads to the dessert, we left very satisfied. I highly recommend Garozzo's for the full Italian experience!Special Features:
- Best Italian in TownWestheightDined on 7/22/2014Garozzo's continues to be a pleasure. The food is simply wonderful. It was pretty busy, so we were seated in the bar but, actually, it was a little quieter there. I was a little disappointed in our waiter who was just not up to the usual standard I expect from Garozzo's. We had to remind him to bring another drink, and bread was not served until after we had our salads. He seemed a little distracted that night. Maybe just an off night. I love Garozzo's and expect I will go back any time I can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvzgr8food.luvzgr8foodDined on 7/21/2014another great dining experience, food was great as usual, service great as usual and I wasn't broke when I left. Fantastic !!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerDukeDined on 7/20/2014Great service - very kind and accommodating. Food excellent - everyone enjoyed the eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- livinglifeagainDined on 7/19/2014Shared dinner with my significant other and another couple. Service was spectacular and food was delicious as always. Atmosphere made it the perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over all good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014The service was good. The food was great had a real good time. My first time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.