Garozzo's Ristorante - Kansas City
Kansas City, MO 64106Neighborhood:
Downtown / River Market
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Garozzo's Ristorante - Kansas City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.garozzos.com/
- Phone: 8162212455
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 11am-10pm Friday 11am-11pm Saturday 4pm-11pm Sunday 4pm-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering available at any location, any time, any cuisine. Please call Todd Ferguson at (816)589-7072
- Private Party Facilities: Private party seating for up to sixty. Please call for details.
- Special Events: Please join us Monday night December 6th at our original Downtown location for a 5 course Wine Dinner featuring the outstanding wines of Castello Banfi.
A word from Garozzo's Ristorante - Kansas City
• Michael Garozzo, his wife Marguerite and their four daughters own and operate Kansas City's most awarded and popular Italian restaurant. Garozzo's boasts fine dining cuisine, moderately priced, in a family atmosphere. The restaurant is Zagat rated as one of the top Italian restaurants in the country, a Kansas City dining tradition for nearly 20 years. Garozzo's is where their signature dish Chicken Spiedini began, now often imitated and never duplicated around town; Garozzo's has made Chicken Spiedini a Kansas City staple. The Garozzo family and staff welcome you to any of four locations in the Kansas City area for a true Italian dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Garozzo's Ristorante - Kansas City - Best Restaurants in Downtown / River Market ›
Garozzo's Ristorante - Kansas City reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (90)special occasion (87)romantic (60)fit for foodies (59)good for groups (51)notable wine list (35)great for lunch (30)kid-friendly (18)hot spot (12)late-night find (11)great for brunch (8)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- oustandingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014I would highly recommend the warm garlic dip to start your meal, and the Cafe Garozzo to complete your meal. Both were outstanding and have left me craving them days later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Immediately found a spot. Great place with fantastic service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food or Server?GulfCoastDined on 9/24/2014Our party of 4 agreed that the food was in the tippy top ranks of Italian ever, including the extensive time I spent in Italy. Good as the food was, its quality was rivaled by that of the server. He was experienced, knowledgeable, helpful, and congenial We intend to return soon and to take our out of town guests when showing them the best of Kansas City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodKCadmanVIPDined on 9/21/2014One of the best Italian restaurants in the Kansas City area.Special Features:
- FabulousMarkDined on 9/20/2014The best veal spiedini (Sophia Marie) I have ever tasted, with salad, wine, pasta and a great dessert, unbeatable!! Waitress was wonderful and very helpful. The price is right. Reminds one of Italy, beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- richandbillDined on 9/13/2014No waiting to be seated with our reservation. However, we were seated in the bar area where the ambiance was not quite what we expected. I would have preferred to have been seated in another part of the restaurant. Everything else was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodSusieDined on 9/13/2014We really enjoyed our visit.Waiter was really nice. The dipping oil is too buttery and needs some heat and maybe garlic salt or olives... Just a suggestion:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very kind and energetic staffgraxevsDined on 9/12/2014Our service was quick, they were able to get us in even with us showing up an hour early for our reservations. Chris, our waiter, was very fast and enegetic. He knew the menu well and was able to make excellent recemendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlwaysForeverDined on 9/2/2014All was wonderful and always love the specials!! Special place fpr my whole family, but just wife and I on this outting.Special Features:
- A bit of Italy in KCnonicknameDined on 9/2/2014Always love going to Garozzo's, especially the one downtown K C. Just plain, good Italian food with great, professional servers. Staff, like the food is first rate. Nice wine list (wish it was less expensive). Downtown restaurant is our favorite, feel like we just were transported to NYC or Boston's North End.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great old Italian restaurant!MIMIDined on 9/2/2014Always a favorite. And always have lots of left overs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special dining experienceMikeDined on 8/31/2014Very unique menu and excellent Italian food. Ambiance is unique and special as well .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seated at the kids tableElainerDined on 8/31/2014Our party of four adults was seated in a small room with a family that included young, approx. 18 month old twins. Another family with two young children was later seated near our table. Between the shrieks and crying it was difficult to have a conversation and fully enjoy the meal. Way too much Gorgonzola cheese on the salad, and slow refill on bread so we were unable to fully enjoy the olive oil dipping sauce we had ordered. Overall not able to fully enjoy the meal and for the price of dinner here, it makes me unlikely to return anytime soon.Special Features:
- Fun eveningLove2dineoutDined on 8/23/2014We took our grand-daughter, her mother, and mother's boyfriend out for a birthday dinner. Food was excellent. The boyfriend said it was the best steak he had ever had. Fun, exciting environment. Our server did not provide Garrozo's usual excellent service. She was less than attentive and had trouble keeping up our table.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningLuckyDined on 8/23/2014At the end of the evening, our Houston friends remarked that Garozzos is now their favorite restaurant in KC. They are moving here in the future and said they are already looking forward to many more meals at G's. My husband and I are from the Northeast area of KC and this fine restaurant always brings back memories of the old neighborhood. We were well taken care of during our visit and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerDconrad3Dined on 8/20/2014I took my wife and her sister to dinner for their birthday. They both ordered the chicken spiedini when they were told that it was free on their birthday. The food was great. After we finished our meal, we were told that only one of the two birthday dinners would be free since there was only one free dinner allowed with one paid dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerJohnnyDined on 8/16/2014My girlfriend and I had a great dining experience this past Saturday. The food was great and so was the service. We will be back for sure!Special Features:
- Great Birthday ExperienceDelightfulDelilahDined on 8/15/2014The Harrison Avenue site was really great to celebrate my birthday with my husband. It is very quaint with superb service and excellent food. We've also visited the Lee's Summit location in the past and would recommend it. We choose this location for our date night for my birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HondoDined on 8/13/2014We were served by Phil what a great waiter and very personable we will be backSpecial Features:
- Always great.SteakLoverVIPDined on 8/10/2014My wife and I had a very good time having a terrific Sunday dinner at Garozzo's. We each had a different veal dish with much pleasure and a terrific bottle of wine. There servers were friendly and helpful, as always. A favorite place!Special Features:
- Great Italian CuisinemejhVIPDined on 8/4/2014Excellent Chicken spadini, all of the pasta dishes, excellent house and ceaser salad.Special Features:
- The absolute best Italian food!SherDined on 8/3/2014It's tradition that I go to Garozzo's on my birthday. I had two family members with me this time that had never been there before. It's so fun to see someone experience their food for the first time - like no other Italian restaurant around!! Love it!Special Features:
- Best EverFlyguyDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I found this place by looking online for a nice place to eat when we were in town. The reviews were good so we decided to give it a try. This was a great place! Located in a neighborhood on the North side of downtown. Garozzo's is a a throwback Itilian gem with with all the charm. Our server's name was even Vinny if that tells you anything about how authenic this place is. The food was amazing and was one of the best meals I've ever had. Our driver told us this was the place that the locals go to for exceptional Itilian food. Be sure to make a reservation. If enjoying a great meal, a glass of wine, and the company you're with then this is the place to go. I give it a 5 Star Rating, two tumbs up, and a gold metal.Special Features:
- TChapDined on 7/30/2014Excellent food and service, as always. Never a disappointment. Ate here before the JT concert, and our waiter,Phil, took great care of us and made sure we got in and out on time. Will be back for certain!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TDTDDined on 7/26/2014My wife and I had previously dined at Garozzo's and was seated downstairs it was busy and a little crowded for me. This last time we requested the VIP room upstairs and we were very impressed the ambience was romantic and our food, the quality in the sauce on the Lasagna was the best I have ever experienced along with the suggested wine. The service was not only punctual but was very friendly. I would very much recommend our experience to anyone looking for some special Italian cooking.Special Features:
- Never disappointsCourtneyDined on 7/26/2014We usually always try to go earlier in the evening when we take our daughter, and she loves it there. Our server was fantastic and attentive without being overbearing. Food was great, as always!Special Features:
- Always a satisfying experience!CatspjsDined on 7/25/2014It had been years since I'd been to Garozzo's and I was very pleased to find that the quality of food & the atmosphere were just the same as I remembered. From the appetizers & salads to the dessert, we left very satisfied. I highly recommend Garozzo's for the full Italian experience!Special Features:
- Best Italian in TownWestheightDined on 7/22/2014Garozzo's continues to be a pleasure. The food is simply wonderful. It was pretty busy, so we were seated in the bar but, actually, it was a little quieter there. I was a little disappointed in our waiter who was just not up to the usual standard I expect from Garozzo's. We had to remind him to bring another drink, and bread was not served until after we had our salads. He seemed a little distracted that night. Maybe just an off night. I love Garozzo's and expect I will go back any time I can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvzgr8food.luvzgr8foodDined on 7/21/2014another great dining experience, food was great as usual, service great as usual and I wasn't broke when I left. Fantastic !!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerDukeDined on 7/20/2014Great service - very kind and accommodating. Food excellent - everyone enjoyed the eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- livinglifeagainDined on 7/19/2014Shared dinner with my significant other and another couple. Service was spectacular and food was delicious as always. Atmosphere made it the perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over all good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014The service was good. The food was great had a real good time. My first time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Garozzo's Ristorante - Kansas CityWildcatBrianDined on 7/16/2014We dine at all the Garozzo's restaurants but when we need to be "transported" and feel like we are in a New York Italian restaurant it's Garozzo's downtown for us. We love the location, parking on the street, tight table set-up, and of course the wide choices on the menu. Also, take a minute and look at the pictures on the wall, they will bring back a lot of memories from past and present Kansas City, and world-wide greats. If you are looking for a quiet, intimate Italian restaurant this is not for you. But, there's nothing better than Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin singing in the background as you dine on authentic Italian cuisine - and although the Spideni is awesome, don't limit yourself to that only. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Italian in KCGarozzosFanDined on 7/13/2014Always outstanding Italian food! Cozy atmosphere for couples or great for groups and special occasions. Love the Sicilian Garlic Dip or Calamari for starters and the Chicken Spiedini Samantha is divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodMaryDined on 7/12/2014The food is always good here. They should check the bathrooms regularly and keep them clean and stocked properly.
- Always an excellent experienceShonDined on 7/12/2014Garozzo's never ceases to please. Always a very romantic spot. Even with friends, it's a very intimate experience with excellent Italian Food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Garozzo's Ristorante - KCkmd023Dined on 7/11/2014Had a great experience here. Friendly staff who were happy to change our reservation last minute. Neat atmosphere and reasonably priced food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceLVallejoDined on 7/11/2014I took my wife to Garrozos for my birthday and upon arrival, we were immediately seated with our favorite waitress Cheri. Service was outstanding even though they were busy. The food was hot and delicious. Thank you for making my wife's birthday dinner memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- erjrkcDined on 7/7/2014Great food. Great service. Great atmosphere. Sat in bar area to watch the baseball game. It was crowded but fun. There's no other place in KC like Garozzo's.Special Features:
- Just OKluv2eathereVIPDined on 7/6/2014Not sure I would go back often. The chicken spedinni was a little dry and not the special dish I thought it would be, since they were known for that. I had to wave down the server to ask for more water and soda. The broccoli was hard and without much seasoning at all. Didn't Sound like the Garozzo's I had heard about. I wonder if they were just having a bad night?