Garozzo's Ristorante - Kansas City
Kansas City, MO 64106Neighborhood:
Downtown / River Market
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Garozzo's Ristorante - Kansas City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.garozzos.com/
- Phone: 8162212455
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 11am-10pm Friday 11am-11pm Saturday 4pm-11pm Sunday 4pm-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering available at any location, any time, any cuisine. Please call Todd Ferguson at (816)589-7072
- Private Party Facilities: Private party seating for up to sixty. Please call for details.
- Special Events: Please join us Monday night December 6th at our original Downtown location for a 5 course Wine Dinner featuring the outstanding wines of Castello Banfi.
A word from Garozzo's Ristorante - Kansas City
• Michael Garozzo, his wife Marguerite and their four daughters own and operate Kansas City's most awarded and popular Italian restaurant. Garozzo's boasts fine dining cuisine, moderately priced, in a family atmosphere. The restaurant is Zagat rated as one of the top Italian restaurants in the country, a Kansas City dining tradition for nearly 20 years. Garozzo's is where their signature dish Chicken Spiedini began, now often imitated and never duplicated around town; Garozzo's has made Chicken Spiedini a Kansas City staple. The Garozzo family and staff welcome you to any of four locations in the Kansas City area for a true Italian dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Garozzo's Ristorante - Kansas City - Best Restaurants in Downtown / River Market ›
Garozzo's Ristorante - Kansas City reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (105)special occasion (104)romantic (76)fit for foodies (63)good for groups (58)notable wine list (45)great for lunch (30)kid-friendly (18)hot spot (15)late-night find (10)great for brunch (10)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Special dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Very unique menu and excellent Italian food. Ambiance is unique and special as well .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seated at the kids tableElainerDined on 8/31/2014Our party of four adults was seated in a small room with a family that included young, approx. 18 month old twins. Another family with two young children was later seated near our table. Between the shrieks and crying it was difficult to have a conversation and fully enjoy the meal. Way too much Gorgonzola cheese on the salad, and slow refill on bread so we were unable to fully enjoy the olive oil dipping sauce we had ordered. Overall not able to fully enjoy the meal and for the price of dinner here, it makes me unlikely to return anytime soon.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningLuckyDined on 8/23/2014At the end of the evening, our Houston friends remarked that Garozzos is now their favorite restaurant in KC. They are moving here in the future and said they are already looking forward to many more meals at G's. My husband and I are from the Northeast area of KC and this fine restaurant always brings back memories of the old neighborhood. We were well taken care of during our visit and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerDconrad3Dined on 8/20/2014I took my wife and her sister to dinner for their birthday. They both ordered the chicken spiedini when they were told that it was free on their birthday. The food was great. After we finished our meal, we were told that only one of the two birthday dinners would be free since there was only one free dinner allowed with one paid dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerJohnnyDined on 8/16/2014My girlfriend and I had a great dining experience this past Saturday. The food was great and so was the service. We will be back for sure!Special Features:
- Great Birthday ExperienceDelightfulDelilahDined on 8/15/2014The Harrison Avenue site was really great to celebrate my birthday with my husband. It is very quaint with superb service and excellent food. We've also visited the Lee's Summit location in the past and would recommend it. We choose this location for our date night for my birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HondoDined on 8/13/2014We were served by Phil what a great waiter and very personable we will be backSpecial Features:
- Always great.SteakLoverVIPDined on 8/10/2014My wife and I had a very good time having a terrific Sunday dinner at Garozzo's. We each had a different veal dish with much pleasure and a terrific bottle of wine. There servers were friendly and helpful, as always. A favorite place!Special Features:
- Great Italian CuisinemejhVIPDined on 8/4/2014Excellent Chicken spadini, all of the pasta dishes, excellent house and ceaser salad.Special Features:
- The absolute best Italian food!SherDined on 8/3/2014It's tradition that I go to Garozzo's on my birthday. I had two family members with me this time that had never been there before. It's so fun to see someone experience their food for the first time - like no other Italian restaurant around!! Love it!Special Features:
- Best EverFlyguyDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I found this place by looking online for a nice place to eat when we were in town. The reviews were good so we decided to give it a try. This was a great place! Located in a neighborhood on the North side of downtown. Garozzo's is a a throwback Itilian gem with with all the charm. Our server's name was even Vinny if that tells you anything about how authenic this place is. The food was amazing and was one of the best meals I've ever had. Our driver told us this was the place that the locals go to for exceptional Itilian food. Be sure to make a reservation. If enjoying a great meal, a glass of wine, and the company you're with then this is the place to go. I give it a 5 Star Rating, two tumbs up, and a gold metal.Special Features:
- TChapDined on 7/30/2014Excellent food and service, as always. Never a disappointment. Ate here before the JT concert, and our waiter,Phil, took great care of us and made sure we got in and out on time. Will be back for certain!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TDTDDined on 7/26/2014My wife and I had previously dined at Garozzo's and was seated downstairs it was busy and a little crowded for me. This last time we requested the VIP room upstairs and we were very impressed the ambience was romantic and our food, the quality in the sauce on the Lasagna was the best I have ever experienced along with the suggested wine. The service was not only punctual but was very friendly. I would very much recommend our experience to anyone looking for some special Italian cooking.Special Features:
- Never disappointsCourtneyDined on 7/26/2014We usually always try to go earlier in the evening when we take our daughter, and she loves it there. Our server was fantastic and attentive without being overbearing. Food was great, as always!Special Features:
- Always a satisfying experience!CatspjsDined on 7/25/2014It had been years since I'd been to Garozzo's and I was very pleased to find that the quality of food & the atmosphere were just the same as I remembered. From the appetizers & salads to the dessert, we left very satisfied. I highly recommend Garozzo's for the full Italian experience!Special Features:
- Best Italian in TownWestheightDined on 7/22/2014Garozzo's continues to be a pleasure. The food is simply wonderful. It was pretty busy, so we were seated in the bar but, actually, it was a little quieter there. I was a little disappointed in our waiter who was just not up to the usual standard I expect from Garozzo's. We had to remind him to bring another drink, and bread was not served until after we had our salads. He seemed a little distracted that night. Maybe just an off night. I love Garozzo's and expect I will go back any time I can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvzgr8food.luvzgr8foodDined on 7/21/2014another great dining experience, food was great as usual, service great as usual and I wasn't broke when I left. Fantastic !!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerDukeDined on 7/20/2014Great service - very kind and accommodating. Food excellent - everyone enjoyed the eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- livinglifeagainDined on 7/19/2014Shared dinner with my significant other and another couple. Service was spectacular and food was delicious as always. Atmosphere made it the perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over all good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014The service was good. The food was great had a real good time. My first time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Garozzo's Ristorante - Kansas CityWildcatBrianDined on 7/16/2014We dine at all the Garozzo's restaurants but when we need to be "transported" and feel like we are in a New York Italian restaurant it's Garozzo's downtown for us. We love the location, parking on the street, tight table set-up, and of course the wide choices on the menu. Also, take a minute and look at the pictures on the wall, they will bring back a lot of memories from past and present Kansas City, and world-wide greats. If you are looking for a quiet, intimate Italian restaurant this is not for you. But, there's nothing better than Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin singing in the background as you dine on authentic Italian cuisine - and although the Spideni is awesome, don't limit yourself to that only. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Italian in KCGarozzosFanDined on 7/13/2014Always outstanding Italian food! Cozy atmosphere for couples or great for groups and special occasions. Love the Sicilian Garlic Dip or Calamari for starters and the Chicken Spiedini Samantha is divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodMaryDined on 7/12/2014The food is always good here. They should check the bathrooms regularly and keep them clean and stocked properly.
- Always an excellent experienceShonDined on 7/12/2014Garozzo's never ceases to please. Always a very romantic spot. Even with friends, it's a very intimate experience with excellent Italian Food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Garozzo's Ristorante - KCkmd023Dined on 7/11/2014Had a great experience here. Friendly staff who were happy to change our reservation last minute. Neat atmosphere and reasonably priced food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceLVallejoDined on 7/11/2014I took my wife to Garrozos for my birthday and upon arrival, we were immediately seated with our favorite waitress Cheri. Service was outstanding even though they were busy. The food was hot and delicious. Thank you for making my wife's birthday dinner memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- erjrkcDined on 7/7/2014Great food. Great service. Great atmosphere. Sat in bar area to watch the baseball game. It was crowded but fun. There's no other place in KC like Garozzo's.Special Features:
- Just OKluv2eathereVIPDined on 7/6/2014Not sure I would go back often. The chicken spedinni was a little dry and not the special dish I thought it would be, since they were known for that. I had to wave down the server to ask for more water and soda. The broccoli was hard and without much seasoning at all. Didn't Sound like the Garozzo's I had heard about. I wonder if they were just having a bad night?
- WonderfulUbubuddyDined on 7/6/2014We always have a great experience at Garozzo's but this time Anna made it extra specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great old Italian restaurant!MIMIDined on 7/6/2014Haven't been to the Downtown restaurant for years. Forgot how great it was. Loved the food service and music. Will definitely take friends and go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- To die for Spedinnisleepingbeauty9581Dined on 7/1/2014Garazzo's has the best Spedinni in the city, not to mention their alfredo sauce is my favorite also. I have not had a dish I did not LOVE. The staff is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2014One of Kansas City consistently undeniably great restaurants! The food is great and the wait staff is knowledgeable and attentive! A great pick for a first date or a family gathering. I recommend this place to anyone looking for a top notch reasonably priced restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never lets me down...nattieDined on 6/28/2014I've been taking out of town guests here for years.... Garazzo's is a hit every single time! I'm proud to have a restaurant of this outstanding, consistant quality in KC.Special Features:
- special treatmentOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/27/2014Our waitress was terrific! She learned it was our anniversaries. Each couple received a wonderful dessert with the anniversary number displayed on the plate in chocolate! A perfect ending to a wonderful celebration of your mutual anniversaries!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Satisfied!TheItalianDined on 6/27/2014My wife and I love Garozzo's Ristorante! When my family came over from Sicily, they lived nearby so when we're in the mood for the best Italian in Kansas City, it's also nice to see where my family lived on 5th. The food is authentic and amazing - I recommend it every chance I get!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpedinigmanfoodieDined on 6/26/2014Spedini was the signature dish and it was fantastic. Would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting KC. It is a gem off the beaten pathSpecial Features:
- a classic in KCJohnMDined on 6/23/2014I live in Baltimore now and have not been to Garozzo's for 15 years; however, it was quite a treat to come back and get the same great food I remember I'm a unique setting that is not found in other places in KC. Thanks for the trip down memory lane, and for the great service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014If you want the real deal, this is where you go. Excellent food, great service. Price are not unreasonable. View the menu before you go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, tight seatingNoseycatDined on 6/21/2014We loved the food, wine, & service. The only thing we were hoping for that wasn't available was private seating or at least a quieter atmosphere. They really pack the tables and chairs in there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KC GetawayAzndadDined on 6/19/2014Tables too close to each other. I kept getting bumped in the back by the serversSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.