Garibaldi's on Presidio
347 Presidio Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94115Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
Garibaldi's on Presidio
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.garibaldisrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4155638841x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm Happy Hour Begins Daily @ 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The semi-private back room can accommodate 32 people or arrangements can be made to buy out the entire restaurant for larger groups. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Cate Mason 4155638841x
A word from Garibaldi's on Presidio
Discover Garibaldis on Presidio, the perfect neighborhood restaurant, pleasing loyal locals and jet-setters alike for 22 years. Garibaldis on Presidio epitomizes the 'quintessential neighborhood restaurant'. With a dining room stylish yet comfortable, service professional yet friendly and a seasonal Cal-Med menu loaded with reliable favorites. Garibaldis is the rare spot perfect for anything from a first date to a family supper. Devotees return again and again for the generous portions, great wine list and specialty cocktails served at the cozy, full bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Garibaldi's on Presidio reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (105)fit for foodies (66)special occasion (46)great for lunch (35)romantic (31)notable wine list (18)good for groups (17)great for brunch (11)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (10)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Still great after all these yearsSkinnydinerDined on 9/8/2014I had not been to Garibaldi's for about 8 years, and it came up on Open Table as a restaurant open on Monday nights. I had loved it when I went there in the past, so I thought I would give it a try. I took a friend and we had a fantastic meal. Everything was prepared and plated beautifully. I absolutely loved the lamb tenderloins. I will be back very soon!Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceDinnerDateVIPDined on 9/2/2014We've been here a few times and enjoyed it and this time was no different. We went for our anniversary. The food was excellent and the portions are generous, we had leftovers for dinner the next day. The service was friendly and attentive, and the place is not pretentious. We will be back!Special Features:
- Wonderful!brownukulele1974Dined on 8/31/2014My girlfriend and I were able to be seated in 45 mins of our reservation. Great locals only feel. Risotto croquettes were a great start to a lovely night. Would go back tomorrow! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!FoodyoneVIPDined on 8/30/2014Had not been here in a while and almost forgot how good this place is! Always loved their chicken milanese, but tonight tried the roasted chicken....perhaps the best I have ever had! My wife loved the salmon! Service is always good. Very nice wine selection and full bar as well. Great atmosphere! Great experience!Special Features:
- Viva Garibaldi's!MarcTDined on 8/30/2014Went to Garibaldi's via a special offer from TravelZoo. Easy to find and managed to park on the street around the corner from the restaurant. My wife had looked up some reviews on Yelp and the polenta croquettes were highly recommended as an appetizer--the recommendation was correct. They were delicious! I had a filet mignon and my wife had some beef ribs--both were really good and nicely portioned. Dessert was a two-item "petite" combo that wasn't petite: profiteroles and an awesome chocolate cake with coffee ice cream. The cake was perfect for the two of us and we ended up taking the profiteroles home. Service was excellent and my wife and I both agree we will return.Special Features:
- excellent!saraDined on 8/14/2014Food is always delicious and service is warm, friendly and seamless! Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, sauces a bit sweetFounachuDined on 8/13/2014Very good quality of food ingredients. Efficient service. Nice ambiance. Too bad they put so much sugar in their sauces. I'd prefer to taste the actual food better and not get so fat in the process.
- amazing service and foodKanieDined on 8/11/2014I highly recommend this restaurant. We went for happy hour and loved all of the appetizers we tried. Rissoto cakes were amazing, Padron peppers soooo good. We couldn't believe how affordable it turned out to be. Drinks and service were fabulous! We will go back as soon as possible.Special Features:
- PammyDined on 8/8/2014Excellent food! Had a great time and will for sure be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!MissMollyDined on 8/8/2014What a fun evening! Some notable items include the Moroccan lamb dish with the couscous and the grilled calamari. Very good service and although I went with a friend, I could tell it would be a great romantic date spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Long-time FavoriteDerekCDined on 8/7/2014The warm reception starts things off right. Our server Katie (beautiful, stunning woman) is at once professional and friendly. By the time the food rolls out, we're eager to see if the food tastes as good as it sounds on the menu. Oh yes, it does. From appetizers to dinner to desserts, all 5 of us agreed the food was first rate. This is a sophisticated, polished gem of a restaurant, and we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly good lunchimagoDined on 8/7/2014We purchased a travelzoo voucher to have lunch at Garabaldi and weren't expecting much. So it was a pleasant surprise to find an upscale restaurant that served sophisticated food. We'd return.Special Features:
- good experience2commensaliDined on 8/6/2014Contrary to the recent very negative review in the local newspaper, this restaurant offers attentive service and well-prepared dishes. Do not let that review stop you! I think you will enjoy this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chrstiVIPDined on 8/5/2014we had a very nice dinner . Love this restaurant but service was unusually slow. Long time before taking orders and bringing courses. But food was good as always and service was good just a bit slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Lunch SpotClaireDined on 8/5/2014First time to Garibaldi's and it didn't disappoint. The menu has many appealing choices for lunch. The service was not friendly but was very efficient. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Five star restaurant!!!dvnoneVIPDined on 8/4/2014We started with the risotto croquettes and crispy goat cheese. Both were crispy on the outside with melted cheese that oozed out. The chicken Milanese was crispy and moist. The roasted chicken had crispy skin that I would normally not eat, but this was too good to pass up, and it was juicy not dry. I loved the olives and bread that they bring to the table. They were warm and spicy. The service was wonderful and they had a great cocktail menu. I can't wait to return!!!Special Features:
- Hidden gem found againOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/4/2014We used to go to Garibaldi's when they were located near Potrero Hill 15 plus years ago. So glad to find them again in their new location! As before, food is always sensational! Must try the minestrone soup with homemade pesto - it was superb. Not that mish-mash of soft veggies everyone else calls minestrone - a succulent broth with perfectly cut and perfectly cooked veggies! We will once again make Garibaldi's our "regular choice".Special Features:
- It Is What It IsMartinVIPDined on 7/24/2014This is a comfy neighborhood restaurant, with dependable if predictable food and drink. After a bad review they were trying very hard. Pasta and pate both excellent; service attentive. Won't win foodie awards, but you will eat satisfying, homestyle meals in a calm, welcoming setting.Special Features:
- solidMonsieurBongout1Dined on 7/23/2014service and food. lively. wine a bit pricey. some glasses under $10 please.Special Features:
- Great, still fine dining!CompatriotVIPDined on 7/19/2014The operation is going very well. I t seems that they spent more time favoring their East Bay operation…..and, now are realizing the full potential of this Pacific Heights as a 'treasure'.Special Features:
- BebeSharkVIPDined on 7/19/2014The food is consistently good as is the service. The Chicken Milanese is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Devoted customerJilskaVIPDined on 7/16/2014This is a neighborhood gem with delicious food, and you can actually talk in a normal voice and hear without reading lips.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/15/2014A delightful neighborhood restaurant, with wonderful service. Our waiter was a gem, attentive to our every need. The lamb was spectacular and the appetizers were simply wonderful. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- JoeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/10/2014Thursday night at 7 PM and the place was jumping. This was our first visit and we will be back. We were greeted at the door promptly and led to our table by a friendly hostess. Our server arrived within a minute and was attentive throughout our meal. He offered a nice wine suggestion that I enjoyed very much. We had the cauliflower appetizer that was very tasty and the Garibaldi's Salad, which we split and was still too much for the two of us. Our main courses were braised beef short ribs and marinated lamb. Both were cooked perfectly and tasty. Our server then suggested the sorbet dessert. The strawberry/basil scoop offered a unique but refreshing taste that we both loved. The apricot was dull.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joys of a neighborhood restaurantLokitricksterDined on 7/9/2014Everything about this neighborhood gem is understated, in the best sense. The decor is quiet and comfortable, the service prompt but not unctuous (although I suspect the waiter knew this was a dinner date). The food was tasty and well-plated. The chocolate caramel corn sundae we shared was clever and delish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Refreshing Lunch SaladPlanetExplorerDined on 7/7/2014I think that Garibaldi's must have recently changed their menu. I do not recall so many fabulous lunch salad selections. I got the grilled chicken and faro salad and it was divine. Perfectly cooked, great combination of flavors and textures. I had a great lunch with a colleague. It was private, quiet, and the service was impeccable.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014We had a group of 14 and Garibaldi's was very accommodating. We were a very loud group and the wait staff was very patient.Special Features:
- DNBJLIDined on 7/6/2014On the comment section of the reservation I included a request for the best seat in the house due to two (2) special occassions that day - 30th wedding anniveary and 60th birthday. No special gesture or accommodation was provided at the restaurant - a total disappointment.Special Features:
- Special menu; special foodwant2eatVIPDined on 7/2/2014The menu here is terrific: a set of starters that are varied and all delicious--particularly chicken liver pate, risotto balls and fried potatoes. There are a variety of salad selections, steak tartar, grilled calimari that are good-sized and can serve as a light entree. The entrees themselves are all excellent, particularly the chicken milanese (the best chicken dish in the Bay area), lamb tenderloins, and usually a fresh pasta dish with a protein ragu. The sides of creamy polenta and harissa green beans work well with any entree. We have come here for years and always come back, with good reason. Also a nice wine list and a full bar.Special Features:
- exceptional food; however, priceymartydDined on 7/1/2014While a neighborhood gem for years and therefore very convenient, the noise level was disturbing and the meal pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKAnnieDined on 6/29/2014Garibaldi's is usually pretty good. The food is never exceptional but the ambience and neighborhoody location make up for it. This time it underwhelmed. Maybe because it was a slow Sunday night...who knows. The chickpea/cucumber salad and beets were as expected, good. The special of the night, the pork ragu bucatini, was just ok. The biggest disappointment was the wine, an Argentinian bonarda, which was very warm, a sign of improper storage. I'll probably be back since this is the first time I've felt underwhelmed by Garibaldi. Hopefully it was just an "off" night.Special Features:
- ok not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/27/2014the calamari appetizer was really good. The salads were too big, and just OK. The steak was OK. It was a last minute booking, so we were happy, but wouldn't book again for nice dinner out.
- Novato DinerDianeDined on 6/25/2014The lamb was the best I have ever had! Great dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All these years andlulujDined on 6/20/2014I've been going by this spot for ages and have always seen the scene in the restaurant as vibrant but never once ate there until last week. I'm so glad we did. We live in the neighborhood and even if we did not we'll be going back frequently.Special Features:
- good but overpricedAnnaVIPDined on 6/18/2014My salad with a small bit of salmon on top was good. The salmon was cooked perfectly and the lettuce was fresh and well dressed. But it seemed definitely overpriced. and the other salads were mostly bowls of lettuce priced at $13. No bread offered. But we didn't ask for bread. Service was nice.
- Great neighborhood placelunch4allDined on 6/17/2014Garibaldi's did a great job for our party of 6. Food was exceptional with good healthy choices. The service was friendly and efficient. Perfect for our celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch SpotJReneeDined on 6/17/2014Quiet, accessible location for a nice lunch. Great food, well prepared and served by a friendly and knowledgeable staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food!!DeeKevVIPDined on 6/14/2014We think we just found our favorite restaurant in SF!! The food was awesome, fresh, & very very tasty! We had the beet salad, grilled octopus, & the fresh pasta dish with a raw egg yolk to be mixed into the dish when it arrived. It was sooooo good!! Kudos to the Chef for creating some very creative dishes with so many flavors in each dish! Will definitely be back to try some other dishes soon!Special Features:
- Dine About Town 2014MatthewJRobertsDined on 6/12/2014The special prix fixed menu was okay. Not great, just two sandwich options and a salad. I had the briskett, most and tasty. Two dessert options. We had the cream puffs and fresh strawberry basil sorbet. Service was good, though a little disjointed. There was an error on our check, but was corrected efficiently.
- Excellent food and serviceMarkDined on 6/11/2014Dishes were slightly unconventional, and delicious. I had the orecchiette pasta with brisket and savored every bite. The wine was a bit pricey, but very good. Good place to take a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.