Garibaldi's on Presidio
347 Presidio Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94115Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
Garibaldi's on Presidio
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.garibaldisrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4155638841x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm Happy Hour Begins Daily @ 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The semi-private back room can accommodate 32 people or arrangements can be made to buy out the entire restaurant for larger groups. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Cate Mason 4155638841x
A word from Garibaldi's on Presidio
Discover Garibaldis on Presidio, the perfect neighborhood restaurant, pleasing loyal locals and jet-setters alike for 22 years. Garibaldis on Presidio epitomizes the 'quintessential neighborhood restaurant'. With a dining room stylish yet comfortable, service professional yet friendly and a seasonal Cal-Med menu loaded with reliable favorites. Garibaldis is the rare spot perfect for anything from a first date to a family supper. Devotees return again and again for the generous portions, great wine list and specialty cocktails served at the cozy, full bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Garibaldi's on Presidio reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (87)fit for foodies (53)special occasion (36)romantic (26)great for lunch (21)notable wine list (14)vibrant bar scene (13)good for groups (10)hot spot (10)great for brunch (6)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- best lamb tenderloins anywhereshilaVIPDined on 10/19/2014haven't been for a while so was surprised at how the prices have risen. Yet, the food is always quite wonderful and like the wine recommended for us. I shall return and miss not being there for some time. Predictable but always satisfying Mediterranean food.Special Features:
- Service way offGoodfoodieVIPDined on 10/19/2014Service was not good & kind of awkward. Two different people approached us & asked for our orders, they didn't review specials or other items on menu etc. It was not a great experience. Plus our dinner took a really long time to arrive. Expected better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ladyinpurpleDined on 10/19/2014Several of our party noted that the chairs were hard and uncomfortable. The Garibaldi Salad was excellent. Many of us had the lamb and while it was very good, several of us found the marinade too strong and the lamb a bit more well done than ordered.
- Garibaldi's Inconsistant RecentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/19/2014I've been going to Garibaldi's for about 5 years now. Every once and a while they seem to have an off night and this past Sunday was such an occasion. The food was not up to the usual standard. Salmon was small and quinoa was bland. The dish was described as containing fennel and olives. We found no hint of fennel and 3 half olives. The food also took forever and when we finally found someone to ask they apologized that they were "turning over the kitchen". The worst though was the service. We've had great servers in the past at Garibaldi's - true professional servers. Our server this time was very young didn't know the menu and was basically absent for the entire dinner. Water glasses ran empty, I was served my dish but had no fork.
- Disappointed & really unimpressedNewSFfoodieDined on 10/15/2014There was only one other table eating and the service was sooooo slow, the waiter messed up our order about 4 times, and the manager was even worse. Our good was cold (in addition to wrong!) and food was just ok
- gogreenDined on 10/9/2014Utterly delicious, creative and beautifully presented.Special Features:
- Perfect wedding dinner celebration!RLMcKinneyDined on 10/8/2014Wee were married on Wednesday afternoon at Ciry Hall and chose Garibaldi's as our wedding dinner restaurant. They seated is in a corner table that although very tight it allowed us some privacy on an otherwise very crowded evening. They also didn't seat anyone at the table next to us until we were finished eating which was very nice. They treated us to a celebratory glass of champagne.our server was a little quiet and was clearly busy which was ok as we didn't require a lot of attention. The bucatini pasta was excellent. Great flavor and hearty which hit the spot after a long day with little food! My husband had the filet and he also enjoyed the meal. A table treated us to dessert and we chose the bananas foster sundae. Wow!! Incredible!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service!FoodyoneVIPDined on 10/5/2014The grilled calamari was wonderful as were the chicken entrees and the salmon! Always excellent!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely DinnerCanadaFoodieDined on 10/4/2014Have been coming to Garibaldi for 20 years and the food is always just lovely. There was a great variety of choices and portions are rather large. We probably could have split appetizers and a main. Brought our own wine because corkage is reasonable, but their wine list and prices looked good. Just a nice place to go. The only drawback was the seating can be a little tight and we were next to a rather loud fellow, so we heard a bit more of our neighbors' conversation that we cared for. Otherwise, just lovely.Special Features:
- Great Food, Even Better ServiceJerseyGirlVIPDined on 10/3/2014We had a wonderful dinner this past Friday night. Lamb tenderloin was delicious, burrata was creamy, pasta cooked to perfection. Wait staff was friendly, attentive and effective. Would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoiseHollyNorthVIPDined on 9/20/2014The food was great but the noise level was too loudSpecial Features:
- Still great after all these yearsSkinnydinerDined on 9/8/2014I had not been to Garibaldi's for about 8 years, and it came up on Open Table as a restaurant open on Monday nights. I had loved it when I went there in the past, so I thought I would give it a try. I took a friend and we had a fantastic meal. Everything was prepared and plated beautifully. I absolutely loved the lamb tenderloins. I will be back very soon!Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceDinnerDateVIPDined on 9/2/2014We've been here a few times and enjoyed it and this time was no different. We went for our anniversary. The food was excellent and the portions are generous, we had leftovers for dinner the next day. The service was friendly and attentive, and the place is not pretentious. We will be back!Special Features:
- Wonderful!brownukulele1974Dined on 8/31/2014My girlfriend and I were able to be seated in 45 mins of our reservation. Great locals only feel. Risotto croquettes were a great start to a lovely night. Would go back tomorrow! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!FoodyoneVIPDined on 8/30/2014Had not been here in a while and almost forgot how good this place is! Always loved their chicken milanese, but tonight tried the roasted chicken....perhaps the best I have ever had! My wife loved the salmon! Service is always good. Very nice wine selection and full bar as well. Great atmosphere! Great experience!Special Features:
- Viva Garibaldi's!MarcTVIPDined on 8/30/2014Went to Garibaldi's via a special offer from TravelZoo. Easy to find and managed to park on the street around the corner from the restaurant. My wife had looked up some reviews on Yelp and the polenta croquettes were highly recommended as an appetizer--the recommendation was correct. They were delicious! I had a filet mignon and my wife had some beef ribs--both were really good and nicely portioned. Dessert was a two-item "petite" combo that wasn't petite: profiteroles and an awesome chocolate cake with coffee ice cream. The cake was perfect for the two of us and we ended up taking the profiteroles home. Service was excellent and my wife and I both agree we will return.Special Features:
- Neighborhood go toNJSFguyVIPDined on 8/28/2014This is the place for neighborhood meals. Love the chicken! It is not the hippest place around, but reliable and tasty. If they changed it, the place would close. It's perfect!Special Features:
- excellent!saraDined on 8/14/2014Food is always delicious and service is warm, friendly and seamless! Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, sauces a bit sweetFounachuDined on 8/13/2014Very good quality of food ingredients. Efficient service. Nice ambiance. Too bad they put so much sugar in their sauces. I'd prefer to taste the actual food better and not get so fat in the process.
- amazing service and foodKanieDined on 8/11/2014I highly recommend this restaurant. We went for happy hour and loved all of the appetizers we tried. Rissoto cakes were amazing, Padron peppers soooo good. We couldn't believe how affordable it turned out to be. Drinks and service were fabulous! We will go back as soon as possible.Special Features:
- PammyDined on 8/8/2014Excellent food! Had a great time and will for sure be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!MissMollyDined on 8/8/2014What a fun evening! Some notable items include the Moroccan lamb dish with the couscous and the grilled calamari. Very good service and although I went with a friend, I could tell it would be a great romantic date spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Long-time FavoriteDerekCDined on 8/7/2014The warm reception starts things off right. Our server Katie (beautiful, stunning woman) is at once professional and friendly. By the time the food rolls out, we're eager to see if the food tastes as good as it sounds on the menu. Oh yes, it does. From appetizers to dinner to desserts, all 5 of us agreed the food was first rate. This is a sophisticated, polished gem of a restaurant, and we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly good lunchimagoDined on 8/7/2014We purchased a travelzoo voucher to have lunch at Garabaldi and weren't expecting much. So it was a pleasant surprise to find an upscale restaurant that served sophisticated food. We'd return.Special Features:
- good experience2commensaliDined on 8/6/2014Contrary to the recent very negative review in the local newspaper, this restaurant offers attentive service and well-prepared dishes. Do not let that review stop you! I think you will enjoy this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chrstiVIPDined on 8/5/2014we had a very nice dinner . Love this restaurant but service was unusually slow. Long time before taking orders and bringing courses. But food was good as always and service was good just a bit slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Lunch SpotClaireDined on 8/5/2014First time to Garibaldi's and it didn't disappoint. The menu has many appealing choices for lunch. The service was not friendly but was very efficient. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Five star restaurant!!!dvnoneVIPDined on 8/4/2014We started with the risotto croquettes and crispy goat cheese. Both were crispy on the outside with melted cheese that oozed out. The chicken Milanese was crispy and moist. The roasted chicken had crispy skin that I would normally not eat, but this was too good to pass up, and it was juicy not dry. I loved the olives and bread that they bring to the table. They were warm and spicy. The service was wonderful and they had a great cocktail menu. I can't wait to return!!!Special Features:
- Hidden gem found againSkyewizDined on 8/4/2014We used to go to Garibaldi's when they were located near Potrero Hill 15 plus years ago. So glad to find them again in their new location! As before, food is always sensational! Must try the minestrone soup with homemade pesto - it was superb. Not that mish-mash of soft veggies everyone else calls minestrone - a succulent broth with perfectly cut and perfectly cooked veggies! We will once again make Garibaldi's our "regular choice".Special Features:
- It Is What It IsMartinVIPDined on 7/24/2014This is a comfy neighborhood restaurant, with dependable if predictable food and drink. After a bad review they were trying very hard. Pasta and pate both excellent; service attentive. Won't win foodie awards, but you will eat satisfying, homestyle meals in a calm, welcoming setting.Special Features:
- solidMonsieurBongout1Dined on 7/23/2014service and food. lively. wine a bit pricey. some glasses under $10 please.Special Features:
- Great, still fine dining!CompatriotVIPDined on 7/19/2014The operation is going very well. I t seems that they spent more time favoring their East Bay operation…..and, now are realizing the full potential of this Pacific Heights as a 'treasure'.Special Features:
- BebeSharkVIPDined on 7/19/2014The food is consistently good as is the service. The Chicken Milanese is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Devoted customerJilskaVIPDined on 7/16/2014This is a neighborhood gem with delicious food, and you can actually talk in a normal voice and hear without reading lips.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/15/2014A delightful neighborhood restaurant, with wonderful service. Our waiter was a gem, attentive to our every need. The lamb was spectacular and the appetizers were simply wonderful. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- JoeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/10/2014Thursday night at 7 PM and the place was jumping. This was our first visit and we will be back. We were greeted at the door promptly and led to our table by a friendly hostess. Our server arrived within a minute and was attentive throughout our meal. He offered a nice wine suggestion that I enjoyed very much. We had the cauliflower appetizer that was very tasty and the Garibaldi's Salad, which we split and was still too much for the two of us. Our main courses were braised beef short ribs and marinated lamb. Both were cooked perfectly and tasty. Our server then suggested the sorbet dessert. The strawberry/basil scoop offered a unique but refreshing taste that we both loved. The apricot was dull.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joys of a neighborhood restaurantLokitricksterDined on 7/9/2014Everything about this neighborhood gem is understated, in the best sense. The decor is quiet and comfortable, the service prompt but not unctuous (although I suspect the waiter knew this was a dinner date). The food was tasty and well-plated. The chocolate caramel corn sundae we shared was clever and delish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Refreshing Lunch SaladPlanetExplorerDined on 7/7/2014I think that Garibaldi's must have recently changed their menu. I do not recall so many fabulous lunch salad selections. I got the grilled chicken and faro salad and it was divine. Perfectly cooked, great combination of flavors and textures. I had a great lunch with a colleague. It was private, quiet, and the service was impeccable.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014We had a group of 14 and Garibaldi's was very accommodating. We were a very loud group and the wait staff was very patient.Special Features:
- DNBJLIDined on 7/6/2014On the comment section of the reservation I included a request for the best seat in the house due to two (2) special occassions that day - 30th wedding anniveary and 60th birthday. No special gesture or accommodation was provided at the restaurant - a total disappointment.Special Features: