Gari Japanese Fusion Bistro
1019 Great Plain Avenue
Needham, MA 02492Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Gari Japanese Fusion Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.garifusion.com/
- Phone: 7814558882
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese, Asian
- Executive Chef: Chef Gary
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Gari Japanese Fusion Bistro
Gari Japanese Fusion Bistro located in the heart of Needham Center is a contemporary Japanese restaurant committed to bring you the finest in Japanese Cuisine. From the atmosphere to the award winning sushi and creative specialty drinks, tantalize your senses at this destination restaurant when in Needham.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gari Japanese Fusion Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (2)neighborhood gem (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Mixed Bag, not GreatPhauxDined on 8/16/2014A recent dinner of sashimi, chicken yakitori, and two maki rolls proved a mix of good and very good food. One of the three sashimi fish was excellent, the others average. The yakitori sauce was very good, but chicken on one of two skewers was a little overcooked. The two specialty maki were very good, however. Service was mostly attentive, and the atmosphere was fine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 9 reviews are from the Gari Japanese Fusion Bistro reviews archive.
- AndyDined on 5/14/2014Not really outdoor dining, but a table by the door-like open windows in the nice weather is delightful. It was a lovely evening except for the exceptionally slow service.
- MemorableZhenyaDined on 2/14/2014We went to Gari to celebrate our 5th Wedding Anniversary (yes, we got married on Valentine's Day), the service was excellent, we got great suggestions from the waitress what to order, as it was our first time there, we will be back there for sure. Besides great food, service and atmosphere, I got a rose from the waitress when she brought the bill, totally unexpected!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisorganizedOpenTableEaterVIPDined on 2/14/2014They need to get on track. It seemed like every move they make is a reaction. Too much of a challenge to eat here.
- Oy-shimbalexDined on 2/11/2014We went to Gari to celebrate a friend's birthday/girls' night out. One of us had never eaten sushi so I ordered things for her to try. The chef here does some interesting variations and the presentation is beautiful (the Dragon's Eye is spectacular). The service was a little slow but I will give the waitress kudos for noticing that our new-to-sushi friend needed some assistance with her chopsticks. I will return to Gari to try some of my favorites such as Ama Ebi which the waitress informed me is served with the deep-fried shrimp heads, (yum!) but was not available that night and perhaps the oysters of which they had run out. The décor is modern and interesting as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic, as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013We absolutely Gari. Truly fantastic. Creative chef with a lot of skill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/22/2013High quality sushi, very fresh and great presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farewell Lunch A SuccesslikespicyfoodDined on 12/19/2013I was surprised that my departing college co-ops wanted to eat at a Japanese restaurant but everyone seemed to have a good time. The food was good, the service was good. There were a variety of inexpensive choices on the menu, both on the lunch part and elsewhere. One of the people in my party thought that the holes in the tables were from some sort of damage but they turned out to be an intentional part of the design. There are several unusual sushi dishes as well as the usual choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlandgantetsuDined on 11/24/2013The first warning sign was upon entering and not a single other customer was in the restaurant. In fact the whole time there, not one person came in during that time. The second warning sign was the "white tuna" on the menu. What sort of fish is that white tuna? The quality of the fish was quite frankly poor. The rice used in the sushi had way too much vinegar and was cold.
- Fresh and DeliciousAbbyVIPDined on 11/8/2013Gari never disappoints. They are quite new (as of Summer 2013) so it's always relatively quiet and the service is great. One of my dining companions once sent back her food three times and they were pleasant about it each time. The fish is fresh and the rice/noodle dishes are also quite good. Big portions, nice presentation. The sushi is called "creative" which I agree with to an extent- their special rolls have interesting ingredients. They also deliver and have online ordering, which takes forever but is still good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.