Garden Terrace at The Inverness Hotel
200 Inverness Drive West
Englewood, CO 80112Neighborhood:
Tech Center / Greenwood Village
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Garden Terrace at The Inverness Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.invernesshotel.com/
- Phone: 3033977105
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 6:30am - 10:00am breakfast buffet / 6:30am -11:00am Menu Mimosa Sunday Brunch: Sunday: 9:30am - 1:30pm Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 1:30pm Menu / Monday -Friday 11:30am – 1:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Rodney Herwerth
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact Erin Reynolds at 303-397-6303 for your private party inquiries.
- Private Party Contact: Erin Reynolds 3033976303
- Special Events: For special events and offers, please visit www.InvernessHotel.com.
A word from Garden Terrace at The Inverness Hotel
The Garden Terrace restaurant is a local favorite. The Mimosa Sunday Brunch attracts people from all over and has been voted "Denver's Best Brunch Buffet" (Westword Newspaper and citysearch.com) and features over 100 freshly made, all-you-can-eat brunch items. The Garden Terrace also has a wonderful á la carte menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Garden Terrace at The Inverness Hotel - Best Restaurants in Tech Center / Greenwood Village ›
Garden Terrace at The Inverness Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (34)special occasion (20)good for groups (14)scenic view (10)fit for foodies (9)kid-friendly (7)romantic (7)great for lunch (5)hot spot (4)neighborhood gem (4)notable wine list (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Best Brunch in DenverKarenDined on 10/26/2014What a great experience. We took my husbands mom there for her birthday and I am glad we did. If you have not been you should to experience. Lovely view of the golf course. The staff just excellent. Food outstanding and fresh.Special Features:
- lovelyEricaDined on 10/12/2014This is a special treat because of the price but absolutely worth it when we are able to go. The only disappointment for me is that they don't warm their crab which makes it harder to work with. Everything else is absolutely perfect.Special Features:
- Great GiftIdealGiftDined on 10/12/2014My wife & I brought my in-laws here for an Anniversary gift. We all enjoyed it. Every dish was amazing. I rated noise level low only because we were seated right in front of the live music which made conversing with one another somewhat difficult. We could of asked to be moved so it's not the restaurants fault. The music was very nice & appropriate, but don't sit to close.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/12/2014wonderful brunch, we would come back again on our next visit to denverSpecial Features:
- Very good choiceGreatDined on 10/5/2014I would put it towards the top of my upper end Sunday buffet brunch places. One thing I did like about it is that it wasn't overly crowded and that was nice. It was very well staffed. Ambiance is okay but not great and the room is quite large which is good and bad. Prices for adults was about $35 and they offer unlimted Mimosas or make your own Bloddy Marys for a reasonable upcharge ($7 or $8 I think.) Food selections were typical or better for a buffet of this type and included a good variety of seafood with shrimp, crab legs, oysters, mussels, clams, some sushi, and ceviche. I have to agree with another reviewer that I also did not like their flip lid warmer covers. They are very heavy and wanted to slide off to the side.Special Features:
- Leisurely Brunchbj48Dined on 10/5/2014Sunday brunch special. Good food, excellent service, pleasant atmosphere. Never rushed. Little pricey but food is high quality, exceptional unlimited shrimp cocktail, snow crab, other sea foods. Eggs to order, sushi, carving station with prime rib and other selections varying weekly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frustrating experience .....visitoftenDined on 9/21/2014Sometimes change is not so good ... The food warmers were not working properly and a lot of the items were barely warm. We mentioned it to our server and it was addressed immediately. It looks like they recently replaced the old silver dome ones with two sided flat ones. The new food warmers are hinged in the middle and open to the center but you need to be careful they don't slide off when you open them. Maybe because football season has started there wasn't as many people as usual but it just didn't seem as vibrant. My wife and I have been enjoying brunch at the Inverness for many years and for some reason things don't appear to be as good. Sometimes the little things that go wrong spoil the whole experience.Special Features:
- Great food as always but...ThecoloradogirlDined on 8/31/2014The food as always was great. The crab legs were especially wonderful. However the service was painfully slow. Plates stacked up and were not cleared and we had to ask a manager for your check after sitting for so long. I'm not sure the two servers per table concept works.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Great Food selectionbj48Dined on 8/31/2014Definitely one of the better brunch locations in Denver. Service is excellent. Food selection is very good with items you normally won't find on a buffet. This date shrimp were huge, snow crab was bit disappointing (too cold, watery) but other selections were excellent. Bit expensive but still decent value and you can linger over coffee or mimosas and enjoy the morning. If crowded can get little noisy but traditional have a pianist, this date a small group playing appropriate music for the venue.Special Features:
- Excellent Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2014This is one of our favorite spots to have brunch on Sundays. We love all the seafood selections and freshly cooked items. Every Sunday they have different items on the buffet which keeps up coming back. Love the bloody mary bar!Special Features:
- Best Brunch AroundOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014I love this place. The food is amazing and the staff is so attentive.Special Features:
- Wonderful birthday celebrationLoveThroughFoodDined on 8/3/2014We celebrated my father's 83rd birthday at the Garden Terrace at The Inverness Hotel. The experience was wonderful. He grew up in New York and says that's why he loves great food. He enjoyed lunch very much not only because the food was great but because the staff took great care of us and made him feel special. The dessert bar was very nice but what really topped it off was that the chef created a special plate that said, "Happy Birthday" and included a candle. He never passes up a chance to make a wish! I think he wished that we would go there twice a month which sounds like a great idea to me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/27/2014A large variety of mediocre food. Bloody Mary bar lackluster as well. Average execution at inflated prices.
- visitoftenDined on 7/13/2014Service excellent as always .. Very good selection of food !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SEAFOOD!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/13/2014Their brunch buffet is outstanding for the price! Had not been there for quite some time, but will return again soon.Special Features:
- Good SelectionOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/13/2014We ate here for the Sunday brunch. They had a good selection of items to choose from. Well worth the price.Special Features:
- Great BrunchTheTruth101Dined on 7/6/2014This is a great place to have brunch on a Sunday morning. Me & my husband have been here mutiple times and its our fav so far, yes better than Ellyngton's which is way too over priced for the same thing. At the Terrace they have a little band playing jazz while you are eating which we also enjoy, while you eat you can over look the golf course as well. great place to eat at a great price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchCPdinerVIPDined on 7/6/2014A huge selection of food for varied tastes. Bottomless Mimosas and Bloody Mary bar are an up-charge, you pick one or the other. Service could have been better in picking up dirty plates and replacing silverware. All in all, a pleasant way to spend a Sunday with friends.Special Features:
- Great Brunch but PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/6/2014The Garden Terrace was a great find for brunch. There are many, many different food options. We would probably go more often for Sunday Brunch except for the price. Will only be for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 309 reviews are from the Garden Terrace at The Inverness Hotel reviews archive.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/29/2014Delicious food! I wish they had brunch everyday! Did I mention it was delicious? If you have a chance to go....do it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mac5762Dined on 6/22/2014Excellent variety of choices. All items excellent, flavorful and delicious. We have visited the Garden a Terrace many times and it is with out a doubt the best Brunch we have ever had!!Special Features:
- WowBilly303Dined on 6/22/2014This has been the 2nd time I have gone to brunch here and both times the food has been outstanding. This is actually where I discovered that I enjoy eggs benedict. The choices for both the breakfast items and lunch items were very unique. Also the chef both times created something not on the menu that the wait staff brought around table to table. I cannot recall the 1st time but this time was lemongrass rice pudding which was delicious. There is a live bank that plays which very much adds to the ambiance. The dining room overlooks the golf course so there is a great view. The waitresses I had were both very attentive and polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Father's Day ExperienceNoShroomsPleaseDined on 6/15/2014The buffet was excellent as always, with an extensive selection to satisfy even a picky eater. One member of our party had a mushroom allergy, and a chef came out and walked her through the whole buffet, showing her which things were safe to eat and which were not. Our server was friendly and had a good sense of humor. They made our Father's Day really special!Special Features:
- Great Place!travlinkittyDined on 6/8/2014Loved the food, service & band for the champagne brunch!Special Features:
- visitoftenDined on 6/8/2014Sure hope we have a better experience next time ... Not real happy with this last visit, looks like somebody didn't have it together .... short delay in having everything ready (sweeping and moping the floor after 9:30am) ... horrible looking oysters, watery fresh shrimp, also there was a strong fish odor by the crab legs and oyster/mussel area. It seemed like there was a lot of new staff members, we have been visiting the hotel for brunch on a regular basis for many years and this was one of the few times we left unhappy. It seems like things change during the summer months, sure hope it gets better, looking forward to a much better experience next time ... Thanks for listening .. Ron and KristaSpecial Features:
- Outstanding ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2014One of the best dining experiences I've ever had. The food was not only delicious but presented with elegance and exceptional service! I would highly recommend this brunch experience to anyone who enjoys a variety and quality at an affordable price.Special Features:
- Great as always!GoodVIPDined on 6/1/2014Thanks for always making my special occassions wonderful.Special Features:
- Go early!SeattletouristaDined on 5/25/2014We had a group of 6 for the last Sunday brunch seating (1:30 pm). Even though the restaurant was quite empty, we were seated in the very back, in a chilly area that had tile floors -- the rest of the restaurant was warmer and carpeted. Service was spotty. The food obviously had been sitting out for way too long. Towering displays are impressive, but not if it means the food is sitting out past it's prime...Special Features:
- Great brunch!RTFFDined on 5/18/2014It was fantastic. We were there for Mother's Day (belated), and we took my mother and mother in-law there. The food was fantastic - the ham was moist and delicious, and it was the first time I truly enjoyed a buffet prime rib. The crab claws were a hit with the ladies at the table. They had oysters (which I love), but they looked a tad snarky. I am sure they were fine, I am just picky about my oysters. The shrimp was perfectly cooked. One special thing to note: My mother got a piece of prime rib, and asked if they had any "well done ends". They didn't, but chef at the carving station took a piece back to the kitchen and grilled it for my mother to order. I was amazed at the level of customer service. We WILL be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late Mother's Day brunchcolorado0707Dined on 5/18/2014We had a party of 10 with four kids under eight. We had lots of space between the other tables and we didn't feel we needed to keep the kids unreasonably quiet. Lots of room to continually get up to revisit the buffet line. We went for brunch the week after Mother's Day and saved about $20 per adult and had a leisurely brunch, under no time crunch! Food was constantly replenished and they even had gluten free items!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedVJAKDined on 5/18/2014Very disappointed in the freshness of the sea food. Oysters were awful. Egss Benedict were excellent. Great selection, but not a bargain at the price.Special Features:
- Good brunchVanessaDined on 5/18/2014The brunch here was good at a reasonable price. There was a good selection of food and it was always kept fresh and stocked. The desserts were amazing! The service was fantastic - we never had an empty drink glass and the empty plates were always taken away quickly. They didn't make you feel rushed, which is usually a complaint of mine at buffets. The views of the golf course, lake, and gardens were beautiful. My only complaint was that the band was a little too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014This was absolutely worth every single penny and then some. Every food item was absolutely fantastic. The service was incredible; I never had an empty glass of water or coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not what I made a reservation forOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014I made a reservation for the champaign brunch. Not what we got.I would recommend this to a friend.
- very noisydodiegrDined on 5/4/2014We were a party of twelve for Sunday brunch. We were seated in an area behind the buffet next to a brick wall and tile flooring. Every time someone moved a chair, there was a loud screeching noise. The conversation noise bouncing off the walls and floor was almost unbearable and we almost had to shout to carry on a conversation. The buffet was well presented and had a great variety of dishes, but some of the food had a not quite fresh flavor, especially the cheeses. Very expensive.Special Features:
- Great Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/27/2014Food choices were extensive and services was friendly with the right balance of attentiveness.Special Features:
- Great first time experienceBK1234Dined on 4/20/2014Oysters on the half shell, crab legs, shrimps and steamed mussels - what a great way to start a brunch! The sushi and prime rib was very good and everything was fresh. Though we went for the first time for Easter brunch, we would consider bringing out of town guests here for their Sunday brunches through the year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter Brunchactaczd1Dined on 4/20/2014Great for Easter Brunch! Busy and a bit hectic, but great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for brunchClauDined on 4/20/2014Went for Easter brunch, great selection of seafood and desserts. Beef tenderloin was a bit over cooked and potatoes were bland but everything else was delishhhh. My kids love the dessert table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/6/2014It's been several years since we've dined at the Garden Terrace at The Inverness Hotel. The staff was amazing, the food was just as we remembered it to be from years gone by. The sushi selection could've been more but our three year old was content.Special Features: