Garces Trading Company
1111 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
Garces Trading Company
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.garcestradingcompany.com/
- Phone: (215) 574-1099
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, European, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Jose Garces
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Bring your favorite Garces Trading Co. specialties to your next event. Garces Catering brings the joy of sharing special occasions with our restaurant guests to any celebration, anywhere. Please call, 215-670-2381 for more information or email email@example.com
- Entertainment: If you book a private event at Garces Trading Co, our event coordinators can provide you with unique entertainment options for your party.
- Special Events: Designed to reflect the style of chic European markets, the multi-purpose space features a wide open floor plan that can accommodate events both large and small. If you’re looking for a creative gift for your attendees, Garces Trading Company has a unique selection of house-made and imported foods to select from. Wine from the adjacent boutique provides the perfect complement to your European bistro-style event.
Capacity: 32 seated / 40 standing
Capacity: 30 standing reception
The Salon & Retail Corridor
Capacity: 55 standing reception
Capacity: 18 seated
Capacity: 90 seated / 120 standing reception
For parties of 12 or more, please call our private events team to schedule your reservation at 267-284-7979 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Garces Trading Company
Garces Trading Company is a gourmet market/cafe with a European flair. Perfect for a quick in-and-out or a casual sit down meal. This multi-purpose space features a host of house made and imported foods under the Garces Trading Company label including olive oils and vinegars, charcuterie and Chef Garces’ signature coffeeContinued
Paella Valenciana, El Cubano Clásico, Charcuterie & Cheese, Coq au Vin, Carbonated cocktails, fresh fruit sangrias and an extensive European wine list.
Paella Valenciana, El Cubano Clásico, Charcuterie & Cheese, Coq au Vin, Carbonated cocktails, fresh fruit sangrias and an extensive European wine list.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Garces Trading Company - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Garces Trading Company reviews from OpenTable diners
339 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (235)neighborhood gem (132)good for groups (119)notable wine list (100)great for lunch (74)hot spot (71)special occasion (67)great for brunch (53)great for outdoor dining (49)romantic (32)vibrant bar scene (25)kid-friendly (22)late-night find (12)scenic view (1)Show More
- Really enjoyed it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014We came here for a casual anniversary brunch. It was exactly what we were looking for. The food was great, the atmosphere is bright and casual and the menu offers enough unique plates and drinks to make it feel special. Service was prompt but we did not feel rushed. Excellent overall experience. Hope to be back with family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- To Die For.PatriciaDined on 11/21/2014Went here for a girls night on a Friday at 7pm. Fantastic. Everything was delicious down to the amazing olive oil provided. Ordered the house made mozzarella for an appetizer. It came out warm and delicious, seasoned perfectly with EVOO, salt and pepper. Bread was fantastic and like I said, the olive oil made my life. Our table had my favorite view, the side view of the wine cellar. You had the choice of either buying a bottle or ordering from the menu by the glass per their recommendations. Great cab from Spain! Also ordered the pasta e fagioli- many vegetables and delicious. For dinner I had the Lamb Ragu with paparadelli pasta and my friend had the Rigatoni with meatballs We licked our plates. To top off our already full stomachs, we ordered the macaroons which were salted caramel, apple and pumpkin spice. Seriously you need to go here and enjoy it. I plan on taking my mother here next time she is in town and walking out with wine and EVOO. Thank you for such a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Good food and nice atmosphere. Service was excellent and the portion size was just perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Birthdayj23mDined on 11/18/2014I went to Garces Trading Co for my birthday dinner with a party of 7. I had an amazing time. The staff was very accommodating. I order the insalata semplice and the braised short ribs. Both were delicious. I sampled the funghi pizza and it was to die for. Definitely the star of the evening. My friends and I had an amazing time. I wanted to have the tasting menu, but in order to do that, the entire table has to purchase the tasting. No big deal though, we had a great time. I'll definitely be celebrating at Garces Trading Co again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchcrossmDined on 11/17/2014Went to lunch here on a rainy Monday with my Mom. It was quite empty given the time and day we were there. Our waiter was attentive and thorough. We had the lunch special: soup + sandwich for $14.95. Great price. Soup was a little salty but really tasty. I had the pork sandwich and took half home. Solid lunch spot for a great price and cool setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be bettermaggiefiDined on 11/16/2014It's supposed to be a foodie kind of place, but they don't make fresh-squeezed OJ in house, which was disappointing. The juice they offer doesn't taste fresh-squeezed even though the waiter said it was. Also, you can only order a basket of pastries if you are getting the designated "brunch." The waiter said that in the past they did offer pastries to anyone who wanted them, but subsequently stopped doing so because they would then run of out pastries. That seems like a good problem for a restaurant...having so much demand for something that you actually sell out. Why not just make MORE pastries so that anyone who wants them can buy them? A rule that made no sense whatsoever. They also have a variety of coffee beverages, but no soy or almond milk for those who are lactose intolerant. The food took over 45 minutes to get to the table. It was delicious, but given the other issues, I'd probably not go back.Special Features:
- Great food; confusing choicesTessaKVIPDined on 11/14/2014The food is great; I had the endive appetizer and the saffron pasta with clams and shrimp. My dining partner had soup and the half chicken. The menu has many "areas"--- appetizers, soups/salads, flatbreads, pastas, large plates. The waiter advised us that nothing was very big, but we found the portions we got to be the size we would expect in a better restaurant. A half chicken is a half chicken, and yes, the pasta was smaller than what you would probably get in an Olive Garden, but it was enough for me. I never could have fit a third course as I heard our waiter advising the table next to us to get per person. So, my advice is order two courses of something you really want, then, if you still want something else, order a third. If you order the half chicken, expect to split it , or take half home. But very good food, and lively, fun atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!1VivDined on 11/12/2014I loved everything I ate, the cuisine is skillfully created by their amazing kitchen. Excellently affordable price for such great quality.Special Features:
- Love it there!2gd4everDined on 11/9/2014We had the most delicious brunch on Sunday....no one wanted to leave even a scrap of food on their plates. Good service too. It's a little loud but that's the bistro atmosphere. I've been there a few times and have not been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My First Iron Chef, not my last!EricaWIPVIPDined on 11/9/2014Brunch was great, lots of interesting menu items, good drink list, made adjustments as necessary and just an overall wonderful birthday brunch for my boyfriend and I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumYumVIPDined on 11/8/2014First time at the restaurant. The appetizer selection was good and we really like the mozzarella and found the pesto pizza to be ok, not great. The sea bass was very good and the scallops were good but didn't seem to be enough for a full portion. They allow you to bring your own wine but do charge a $15 corkage fee. Overall it was a good meal and liked the restaurant layoutI would recommend this to a friend.
- Night out with friends.FoodwithFriendsDined on 11/8/2014Antipasti and Flatbreads were great. Seafood main dishes were lovely. Pasta dishes were tepid and bland and not what I was expecting from Garces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!AJYAKKERVIPDined on 11/8/2014This restaurant was amazing. We went for happy hour one day and back for dinner the next!Special Features:
- Awesome Food, Great AtmopshereRadHaz75Dined on 11/8/2014This place has it all from a great atmosphere to great drinks to great food. Their selection of wine and specialty mixed drinks are well thought out and top notch. The food is outstanding from simple cheese and charcuterie plates to their flatbread pizzas and steak frites. The atmosphere can be a little loud but its a small price to pay for outstanding food. Even the bread and oil on the table is so good it must be some sort of sorcery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty!FoodieFanaticDined on 11/7/2014Awesome location in the heart of center city. Our waiter was awesome, the food was delicious & the dessert that was suggested was a winner! Not one complaint this way...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anti-climaticBrewersDineAroundDined on 11/1/201419yr wedding anniv. Reservation7:30. Arrived 7:14 2 be early enough to enjoy a cocktail at bar. Checked in, directed us 2 bar until table was ready. 2 available stools. Settled in, but couldn't get bartender's attention at all-numerous attempts! After 15 mins he comes over, drink I ordered off board, they didn't have rosemary so I ordered different drink & my husband a beer. We wait as we watch him set up glasses of wine. About 10mins later, hostess escorts us 2 our table(never got cocktail). Natalie was server-outstanding!. Kitchen was backed up & she had 2 apologize. Both ordered Steak Frites. Nvr told reorders wouldn't include fries. Delicious steak but lots of waiting & I asked for my sauce 2 B cooked on steak but could nvr got right.Special Features:
- good choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014we both had steak and frites which was very tasty. there were a few problems with our order and the manager and waitress apologized to us many times. the manager kindly offered to give us my husband's meal for free.Special Features:
- Great Food/Rude ServerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/31/2014Have been here many times. This time, however, disappointed with our server. He seemed annoyed and respond rudely on more than one occasion. My husband works at Jefferson and comes often for lunch. We were treating a doctor friend and he was the one who made the comment about how off-putting our server was.Special Features:
- Do not LOVE changes.SuzegalVIPDined on 10/30/2014We have been visiting the Trading Company since it opened. I don't mind the changes in the availability and charges for the alcoholic beverages. I do miss the availability of the cheeses offered for dinner to take home. The desserts are no longer available to purchase for home. There are, however, more tables so I guess that is good. There is also a bar now in lieu of the cheeses. The samovars of olive oil remain. Food is still great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Makes me feel hip!EllyLDined on 10/30/2014JG TC is our go-to neighborhood "bistro." Especially love being able to sample the delicious olive oils!Special Features:
- Second time's a charm!twynmomDined on 10/27/2014We had a great second visit to Garces Trading Co. We ordered the steak frites, pistachio/pesto flatbread, and eggplant appetizer to share. Our guest had the short ribs. Everything was delicious. We tried the signature rum drink and another citron vodka drink. They were both a little on the sweet side, but excellent. You can pick your own sauce/preparation for the steak and my husband chose the bernaise, I had the poivre, both mouth-watering. This was our 'second chance' visit because the first time we went, it was the opening night of Book of Mormon this summer and they got slammed and our food came out 10 mins before curtain. We remembered it tasted really good, and they were very apologetic,so this time we had a chance to enjoy our meal.Special Features:
- patioVIPDined on 10/27/2014The steak-frites house special is still a good deal.
- Loved this place!1NewZagatsGuideVIPDined on 10/26/2014Great leak soup! and Mushroom Truffle flatbread and olive oils!! Great Salad and macaroons!! And the waitress looked like Liz Hurley!! She was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1.5 hour lunchlargreenVIPDined on 10/25/2014Excessive wait time for reception,seating and then for delivery of 2 flat breads. Lots of "we're sorry" but unacceptable.Special Features:
- hungryVIPDined on 10/25/2014Just too many people, too many small children and much too loud. For brunch it seemed very much like a block party, when all we wanted was good food in a moderately quiet setting. The food was good, but the frittata didn't have much taste.Special Features:
- Always delicious foodEyeBVIPDined on 10/24/2014Homey yet interesting food, well prepared. Excellent, attentive service. Can get noisy as it gets later in the evening. In good weather, so pleasant to eat outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAbbyDined on 10/22/2014Great food in perfect portions so you can enjoy more selections. Also the cappuccino was excellentSpecial Features:
- Delicious!Fit4kingDined on 10/21/2014Wow. Every course was delightfully prepared and delicious. We have specially enjoyed the pistachio pesto flat bread... The crust was by far the best I've ever had. It was flavorful, tender, light, crispy with the perfect amount of chew. Who knew a flat bread could be so complex??? From there we had the scallop risotto. Amazing. The scallops had a perfect amount of carmelized crust and the risotto full of depth and flavor. Overall the design, layout, and vibe of the restaurant was completely unpretentious and warm and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/19/2014The food was excellent. Brunch was noisy then leveled off. there was a mix up in servers and we waited a bit, but they were most apologetic and made up for it in service, attentiveness and the great food. Looking forward to my next meal thereSpecial Features:
- Anniversary DinnerHRLJWDined on 10/18/2014Had dinner at GTC recently and what a great time. Our waiter Nathanial was wonderful. We did the tasting menu with wine pairing. LOTS of food and wine--more than we could eat or drink. Risotto was a bit hard and lamb a bit garlicky(sp?) but other than that the food was delicious and plentiful. They sat us at a special table that I had requested via Open Table and also gave us a small chocolate dessert for our anniversary. It was a truly memorable experience.Special Features:
- Excellent Birthday Celebrationfiredancer480Dined on 10/17/2014Took a friend there to celebrate his birthday and we had one of the tasting menus. If you are there for an occassion the tasting menus are a must try. The amount of food given on the tasting menu was a good value for the money and the tasting menus can accommodate any dining restriction or allergy. Thanks for a great night GTC. Be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrific mealclaiborneVIPDined on 10/17/2014food outstanding as always, and wonderful coffee; always a pleasure to eat hereSpecial Features:
- Menu to satisfy every tasteMicahBVIPDined on 10/12/2014Garces Trading is a safe bet for varied dietary tastes. It still draws a big crowd--it was packed on a Sunday evening. Our entire party of four went with the steak frites (which, it turns out, is all you can eat). Combined with the three sauces offered, the awesome duck fat fries and a starter salad, it made for an excellent (Eagles) pregame meal. Two minor issues...the kitchen was VERY SLOW, which should not have been, especially with our party all having the exact same item. Our refill of steak took nearly a half hour to arrive. And when I asked about bread service, I was told they were so low on bread that they were just bringing it out if you said something. Nothing to keep me from returning, but still...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Accepted reservation but not open!jarjarDined on 10/12/2014The title says it all. I made a reservation for a weekend lunch but the restaurant was not open when we arrived. This was incredibly inconvenient and something the restaurant and open table should fix.
- Great food, very small portionsluv2eatDined on 10/10/2014Food was excellent here. Very good service too. Portions are way too small for the $$. Amazing olive oil; I even purchased a bottle.Special Features:
- Casual yet fancyfirstTimerDined on 10/7/2014It was a very welcoming atmosphere with great service, great food and great drinks! Will definitely be returning very soonSpecial Features:
- What a Find!Meals4PtsDined on 10/5/2014We had tickets for a concert at the Kimmel and I used Open Table to book a place for dinner before the show. Traffic was agreeable so we arrived in Philly early and had no problem moving the reservation up by 30 min. The place was nearly empty at 5:30 pm, but quickly filled up when we left. The food was awesome and Mallory provided great service. Our meal consisted of the Vichyssoise Chaude, Insalata Semplice, Funghi flatbread. All were absolutely amazing! The Funghi was so good. The portion sizes are not huge. Perfect for an after theatre meal or lunch. Since I only ordered the soup and salad, I spied a diner at another table eating some steak frittes and I ordered some. They were scrumptious as well. Definitely will be back.Special Features:
- Missing the Jamon IbericoOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/5/2014Eggplant dish was great, and so were the short ribs over polenta. But I am missing the Jamon Iberico - hope they bring it back!Special Features:
- Excellent place!Luv2eatDined on 10/5/2014Top notch food, pancakes amazing. Waiter really nice, helpful. Great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tasting menuPhillyladyVIPDined on 10/4/2014I took my parents to Garces Trading Co for a birthday and it was a wonderful choice. We did their 4 course $55 (there is a $40 option as well) tasting menu, which was superb. The kitchen was very accommodating if there were particular items we wanted (or didn't want) included in the tasting so it was a perfect meal. I would highly recommend the house-made mozzarella and the duck confit salad. Our waitress was extremely friendly and attentive. I would definitely recommend Garces Trading to anyone for a delicious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.