Garces Trading Company
1111 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
Garces Trading Company
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.garcestradingcompany.com/
- Phone: 215-574-1099
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, European, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Jose Garces
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Bring your favorite Garces Trading Co. specialties to your next event. Garces Catering brings the joy of sharing special occasions with our restaurant guests to any celebration, anywhere. Please call, 215-670-2381 for more information or email email@example.com
- Entertainment: If you book a private event at Garces Trading Co, our event coordinators can provide you with unique entertainment options for your party.
- Special Events: Designed to reflect the style of chic European markets, the multi-purpose space features a wide open floor plan that can accommodate events both large and small. If you’re looking for a creative gift for your attendees, Garces Trading Company has a unique selection of house-made and imported foods to select from. Wine from the adjacent boutique provides the perfect complement to your European bistro-style event.
Capacity: 32 seated / 40 standing
Capacity: 30 standing reception
The Salon & Retail Corridor
Capacity: 55 standing reception
Capacity: 18 seated
Capacity: 90 seated / 120 standing reception
For parties of 12 or more, please call our private events team to schedule your reservation at 267-284-7979 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Garces Trading Company
Garces Trading Company is a gourmet market/cafe with a European flair. Perfect for a quick in-and-out or a casual sit down meal. This multi-purpose space features a host of house made and imported foods under the Garces Trading Company label including olive oils and vinegars, charcuterie and Chef Garces’ signature coffeeContinued
Paella Valenciana, El Cubano Clásico, Charcuterie & Cheese, Coq au Vin, Carbonated cocktails, fresh fruit sangrias and an extensive European wine list.
Paella Valenciana, El Cubano Clásico, Charcuterie & Cheese, Coq au Vin, Carbonated cocktails, fresh fruit sangrias and an extensive European wine list.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Garces Trading Company reviews from OpenTable diners
248 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (162)neighborhood gem (97)good for groups (85)notable wine list (71)great for lunch (66)special occasion (61)great for brunch (60)great for outdoor dining (59)hot spot (38)kid-friendly (25)romantic (20)vibrant bar scene (15)late-night find (9)scenic view (4)Show More
- I loved their brunch but...EstroVIPDined on 8/27/2014I was there for brunch and was so amazed so i said i have to come back for dinner. such disappointment... the service was amazing. no complains on that level. but the food was fair, small portions that are overpriced and to be honest was not worth the experience. such contradiction to their amazing brunch. it's a pity their dinner didn't live up to my expectations.Special Features:
- Perfect on TuesdayFoodGuyVIPDined on 8/26/2014Food is really well prepared and I have never had a dish that was not impressive. Show up with an appetite and have the all you can eat steak frittes for the table. The steak is a delicious flat iron with choice of sauces, and they do keep it coming. Within Garces is a wine store that has a number of reasonably priced, quality options. On Tuesday they have no corkage fee if you choose to purchase the wine and bring it to your table. This is a fantastic value for such a nice convenience. I will be back!Special Features:
- Good this timemanger123VIPDined on 8/21/2014I wax and wan on this place. The service can be spotty--not so this time. On previous visits, the place was packed--for whatever reason, this time it was fairly empty (Thurs. p.m. at 8), and that may have been the reason that there was better service. I would eat here again, but it would not be on my top 10 lists of places to go.Special Features:
- Okay food and okay serviceGabbyDined on 8/21/2014I had very high expectations for this restaurant and I was truly disappointed. The food was good; I had the short rib, which was okay, but it came with a delicious vegetable purée. The service was very slow and we were severely neglected by the served several times.Special Features:
- Another Garces GemvisitorDined on 8/16/20143 for 3 on Jose Garces restaurants. Food fabulous, well prepared, unique, priced fairly. It was great.Special Features:
- Loved it!EmmebeeVIPDined on 8/16/2014Everything we had was delicious. Definitely get the house made mozzarella. And the staff was super friendly, too. The manager came over, said hello, asked how we were doing. Overall delicious food and friendly service. Will definitely go back again. And I thought it was inexpensive, especially considering the high caliber of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre show spotMoeatsVIPDined on 8/16/2014We enjoy going here before shows in the area. The scallop risotto was wonderful and just enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good menu, Tight seatingRonaldDined on 8/15/2014The food was good, the service was prompt if a bit impersonal (our waiter was all-business, not a lot of personality). Was a very good tasting menu for people who maybe don't want the "adventure" that some other tasting menus might offer. Unique and delicious items, but nothing too intimidating for the less adventurous eater. We did not partake in the wine, but the wine list was extensive and impressive. The beer selection was good, not great if you're really into trying different craft beers.Special Features:
- good food, small portionsGrubbyDined on 8/15/2014Appetizers of flatbread pizza and cheese plate were sovery skimpy for the price. Entrees of shortribs and roast chicken were very good but not large. Good for small appetites or big wallets.
- Tasty bits & cocktails pre-theaterfoodiegalDined on 8/15/2014Wonderful small plates and cocktails - perfect before catching an 8pm show. We had wonderful service - we only had 90 mins and the friendly staff got us in and out without ever feeling rushed. We will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but expected betterPeteDined on 8/15/2014The food was good, and reasonably priced (except for alcohol), but I was expecting something better from an Iron Chef owned restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Iron Chef didn't disappoint.cherryhilldinerVIPDined on 8/15/2014What a great surprise. Had tickets to theater around the corner and decided to try Iron Chef Jose Garces restaurant. Had a wonderful meal, fabulous service! Were smart enough to make an early reservation since by the time we were finished, every table was filled with diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definatley will returnmeenaptsDined on 8/14/2014Check out this restaurant, it's awesome. The service is fantastic; knowledgable and friendly. We had the homemade mozzarella, pappardelle with lamb ragu and for dessert the chocolate cake with pistachio buttercream and pistachio ice cream. The food was fabulous. This is a must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- starting to drop off~OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/12/2014Love this chef but its getting smaller portions and rude staff. I don't make this kind of complaint and not a difficult client but its true. Popularity is killing my favorite place. I follow this chef to every place he opens but the air is out of my balloon. I am sure many will not have this problem but twice its happened.Special Features:
- Exceeded expectationsSherzVIPDined on 8/12/2014We had heard of this restaurant for a long time, finally decided to try it out. Shared several plates: charcuterie plate, the mushroom flatbread and the braised rib. Everything was great! Even the bread and the olive oil for the dip, but they also sell olive oil and you can choose a sampler of a different kind to bring back to the table for dipping. Everything was incredibly delicious, but the mushroom flatbread was one of the taste sensations of all time! Infused with truffle oil, it was one of those tastes you have to close your eyes in pleasure when eating it. Can't wait to go back and try some other selections! Very casual setting (bare-bones), somewhat noisy, go for the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too saltyAdrianaVIPDined on 8/11/2014I expected a lot from a celebrity chef like Jose Garces but I found his food fairly basic and WAY too salty. My fiancé and I ordered two different pasta dishes, which were both too salty. The appetizers were fine, but didn't live up to their description on the menu.Special Features:
- AccommodatingLisaDined on 8/8/2014Great to know GTC was so accommodating after we got stuck in traffic and were late for our reservation for 6. Our table was held and it was worth the delay. Excellent food and most reasonable drinks. Our pre or post show favorite does not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousALP88Dined on 8/8/2014Would definitely visit again, delicious! Just wish the pizzas weren't only appetizer size!Special Features:
- Disappointed this timeheidissDined on 8/6/2014I've been to the Trading Company before and it was great. This time, however, much of the food was tasteless -- except for the cheese platter and the steak and fries. We ordered the tasting menu with the wine pairing. We were rushed through each course (the next one arrived before we finished the previous) and we sent one dish back TWICE because we still weren't finished with our prior dishes. Apologies were given, but it kept happening. Oh, and there were no descriptions provided of the food or the wine. All unfortunate.
- Terrible MealHappyguyDined on 8/4/2014The food was horrible and slow in coming. We waited for over an hour for our meal and it was overcooked when it finally came out. We will never go back. The management did not seem overly concerned with our horrible experience. Terrible place to eat.
- innovative, delicous foodskatingprofDined on 8/3/2014I loved the pappardelle with lamb ragout. It was delicious. This is not a mundane pasta dish. The portion sizes are perfect, satisfying but not ridiculously large.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service, loudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014The food was superb and the service great, but as in many restaurants, my partner and I had a difficult time having any type of conversation because the noise level was so high. Thank you so VERY much for not providing televisions as a distraction in your restaurant.Special Features:
- First time and very pleasedpmrthirdVIPDined on 8/3/2014Looking for a place to eat shortly after the play at Forrest Theatre and it was perfectly located. The Steak Frites got great reviews so went with dinner option over brunch. Play was over early and although they did not start dinner until 5, they accommodated us. Chose to sit outside and ordered drinks, wine and fungi flatbread, which was wonderful. The provided a salad, and placed out order early (before 5 start) and the steak frites melted in your mouth and was perfectly prepared to everyone's liking. If the whole table orders, then you can order more, which we did, enjoying each of the 3 sauces that accompanied the meal. It started to rain lightly and hosts checked in on us more than once. Excellent dinner experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- underwhelmedlove2dineDined on 8/3/2014limited selection, inattentive/slow service, tasteless eggs - expected a lot more from a garces venture; completely unimpressed and disappointed
- Unique ExperienceDaisyDined on 8/2/2014We were unsure what to order and it was a new menu so we decided to go with the Chef's tasting menu - they took into consideration what we would not eat (lamb & duck) and brought dish after wonderful dish for us to try. It was a risk for us to allow someone to choose our food but this place it is worth the risk and I would do it all over again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot to meet a FriendBYOBDined on 8/2/2014Great outside seating. Saturday 'brunch' menu offered a mix of traditional egg dishes with a twist such as poached scrambled eggs. Menu also features choice of salads and flatbread pizzas. Burger was extremely juicy! Server was well-informed, willing to share recos and was very professional. Outside seating was relaxed and I rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timesPhillyguyVIPDined on 8/1/2014Food was great and our server was awesome. Knew a lot of the menu and answer our questions. Sold us some dessert and after dinner drinks. Was a great time. So great we tried another Garces spot the next night named Tinto. That was horrible so Trading Co is where we will stay.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great lunchsweetpeaDined on 7/30/2014Had the lunch special soup sandwich and a soda or tea $14.00. The potato soup was amazing creamy and delicious. I had the south philly pork sandwich it was great better than da nics. I could only finnish half and had the other half for dinner even cold it was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will not go back; not worth itmdedDined on 7/29/2014Service was awful. Our reservation was at 6pm on a Tuesday night, not that busy, and it truly looked like no one knew what they were doing. Our waiter was so inattentive and never made eye contact with our table despite waiting for service, a drink or even the bill. He clearly did not know how to prioritize his tables and ensure everyone was taken care of. He attended to, took orders, and returned to many of his tables repeated times for 4 or more people, of whom were seated after us, (party of 2)...while leaving us without anything but our menu and water. It was a truly disappointing experience and really feel no reason to return with all other great restaurants and service in the city.
- Energetic iconic & tastyJoetVIPDined on 7/29/2014Enjoyed our meals at Garces and had a reasonably priced French champagne from their frig (no corkage Tuesday). A bit noisy and service was a bit slow, but food was tasty and prices were fair. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Forrest Theater dinnerValentinesDaydinerDined on 7/29/2014Lots of potential. Great watermelon vodka drink. Service was too slow even though we mentioned theater. Flatbread was cold. Salad was late and given to adjacent diners as it turned out. Roast chicken was juicy and delicious. Very very noisy, but an upbeat scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodTimSVIPDined on 7/28/2014Excellent food with fresh and unique preparation. Foodie style for sure. One problem I had was with the facilities. Only two single bathrooms on premise that are shared with the staff. Really? For a restaurant of this quality I do not expect to leave my party to have to stand in line during a meal just to use the bathroom. The restaurant was not even busy. Can't imagine the inconvenience on a crowed night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!EstroVIPDined on 7/27/2014Amazing service, very good food. All the ingredients were fresh, the alcohol was good and the food was great. was there for brunch and had the brunch special which is a lot of food. would love to try their dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2014The service was poor to bad! The food was not as good as it's been in the past. Won't be going back anytime soon.
- So disappointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2014Very small portions and fair taste. I expectd so much more for an Iron Chef. I won't be returning.
- Great good, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Dined recently and loved the food. Always great specials and good variety. Service was exceptionally slowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchableChefanneVIPDined on 7/23/2014Stopped here for lunch and was pleasantly surprised. Fixed price item included in lunch menu which is reasonable. Meal included endive salad which was so refreshing. Funghi flatbread was excellent! The truffle oil sent it over the edge. My dining partner ordered the pasta e fagioli which was the best I ever had. Surprisingly the pork sandwich was one of the best I have eaten in the City. Sangria was delicious with just the right amount of cinnamon. Would recommend this place for lunch. Quaint and comfortable atmosphere. Good service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SarahVIPDined on 7/20/2014Our dinner was excellent and very reasonably priced for the quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious & AttentiveMrsNachosDined on 7/20/2014I went with 2 friends and shared the flavored mimosas and 3 of the flatbread pizzas. The margherita may have been one of the simplest pizzas with fewer frills, but we all agreed that it was the best among the other pizzas we tried - not that the other 2 weren't good. The service we had was quite good. I had ordered a coffee to go and our server had forgotten to bring to me, and when he realized his mistake, he provided it to me without a charge. It was a small error and I really appreciated his customer service skills. I wish all restaurants trained staff to be as thoughtful as at this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STEAK!GirlGottaEatDined on 7/18/2014The Steak Frites dish was AMAZING. Perfectly cooked, perfect portion, perfectly delicious. As someone who is not normally a big fan of steak I could not help myself from stealing multiple bites off my boyfriend's plate. So Good! I wish I would have ordered it for myself.Special Features: