Garces Trading Company
1111 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
Garces Trading Company
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.garcestradingcompany.com/
- Phone: 215-574-1099x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, European, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Jose Garces
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Bring your favorite Garces Trading Co. specialties to your next event. Garces Catering brings the joy of sharing special occasions with our restaurant guests to any celebration, anywhere. Please call, 215-670-2381 for more information or email email@example.com
- Entertainment: If you book a private event at Garces Trading Co, our event coordinators can provide you with unique entertainment options for your party.
- Special Events: Designed to reflect the style of chic European markets, the multi-purpose space features a wide open floor plan that can accommodate events both large and small. If you’re looking for a creative gift for your attendees, Garces Trading Company has a unique selection of house-made and imported foods to select from. Wine from the adjacent boutique provides the perfect complement to your European bistro-style event.
Capacity: 32 seated / 40 standing
Capacity: 30 standing reception
The Salon & Retail Corridor
Capacity: 55 standing reception
Capacity: 18 seated
Capacity: 90 seated / 120 standing reception
For parties of 12 or more, please call our private events team to schedule your reservation at 267-284-7979 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Garces Trading Company
Garces Trading Company is a gourmet market/cafe with a European flair. Perfect for a quick in-and-out or a casual sit down meal. This multi-purpose space features a host of house made and imported foods under the Garces Trading Company label including olive oils and vinegars, charcuterie and Chef Garces’ signature coffeeContinued
Paella Valenciana, El Cubano Clásico, Charcuterie & Cheese, Coq au Vin, Carbonated cocktails, fresh fruit sangrias and an extensive European wine list.
Paella Valenciana, El Cubano Clásico, Charcuterie & Cheese, Coq au Vin, Carbonated cocktails, fresh fruit sangrias and an extensive European wine list.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Garces Trading Company reviews from OpenTable diners
302 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (194)neighborhood gem (119)good for groups (106)notable wine list (85)great for lunch (76)great for outdoor dining (65)great for brunch (61)special occasion (60)hot spot (55)romantic (28)kid-friendly (22)vibrant bar scene (18)late-night find (12)scenic view (1)Show More
- Perfect BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014The food was fantastic, service excellent! I will definitely be coming back. The steak and eggs are a MUST!Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchchopphillyDined on 9/28/2014Came here with a couple friends for Sunday brunch and was not disappointed. Everything we had was deliciously tasty. Be sure to be extra hungry if you're getting the brunch tasting menu - two courses and a basket of pastries = one full tummy!Special Features:
- Very good brunch!MareVIPDined on 9/27/2014The food was very good -- memorable! We dined on salads, sandwiches and flatbread pizzas at mid-day on a Saturday. Everything was tasty. The service was good but not as attentive as we would have liked. Since the weather was nice, they offered outside dining as an option. I like the look and vibe of the restaurant.Special Features:
- DisappointedGipeDined on 9/25/2014Heard so many good things about this restaurant and maybe because of that I was expecting the food to be phenomenal, but it wasn't. It was good, but I wouldn't put it anywhere near the top of my list and I doubt I'd go back. It just wasn't what I was expecting.Special Features:
- Exceeded ExpectationsAFanVIPDined on 9/24/2014I had been here before with a group of friends and enjoyed it but the second time was even better. We were celebrating my mom's 90th birthday and the service and attention that we received could not have been better. From the moment we walked into the door we felt as if we well looked after. The food was perfection. We shared the cheese plate (highly recommend) and a few of us got salads (the brown butter croutons are amazing - rich butter flavor, crispy and yet melt in your mouth). I got the pesto flatbread which was perfect, my brother got the risotto with scallops which was prepared to perfection (only three scallops though - so couldn't really share). Highly recommend for any occasion.Special Features:
- Surprising Microwaved FoodfoodoyoflifeDined on 9/22/2014We sat down, ordered 20 minutes later and did not eat for another 40 minutes. Then, the food was cold. Worse, they took it back and MICROWAVED it (as evidenced by the crusty/hardness on the outside of the food that would NOT be present if it were fresh). I am appalled such tardiness and laziness is associated with Chef Garces. I would NOT return without assurances this would NEVER happen again. As a final thought, the food runner also brought us macaroons belonging to another table before we received our dinner. The server explained that the error was his. The hostess, Taft, was quite nice.
- service/foodpeterDined on 9/21/2014Again service and food was excellent....service was also quick. when weather is "right" nice to stay outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deeeeelicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/19/2014We went for restaurant week. Everything we ate was delicious. Since there were 4 of us, we each ordered different items as to share. I would absolutely go back!Special Features:
- Delightful & delicious.SarahDined on 9/19/2014Went here on a date with my boyfriend during Restaurant Week. We both thought the food was wonderful, and the entire experience was a complete pleasure. Will definitely be back. I need to try the ahi tuna from their regular menu!Special Features:
- JulieCDined on 9/19/2014I was excited as this was my first visit to a Garces restaurant - can't wait to return ! Looking forward to visiting his other establishments!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service! fantastic food!ferarosaDined on 9/19/2014The food was great! it was wonderful tasting and perfect for sharing! the fresh house made mozzarella and ricotta was PHENOMENAL!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/18/2014The service was very slow, unattentive and rude. The food was great. I would go back, just for the food alone.Special Features:
- Outstanding!avaloneDined on 9/18/2014We went for Restaurant Week and had a wonderful time. Their regular menu was not available since it was Restaurant Week, but there were many options still available to us. The ambiance was great, service was fast and our server was nice. We did not have any problems at all with our orders and everything was cooked to perfection. Definitely will visit this location again. Their house made mozzarella was out of this world and their bread was a great pairing with it as well.Special Features:
- Wonderful Restaurant Week lunchKFocaDined on 9/18/2014The choices on the tasting menu were all so appealing, it was difficult to choose! Every item we had was delicious, we will definitely be going back for dinner some time.Special Features:
- too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/17/2014I enjoyed the food and service and will definitely return. However, it is too noisy. I would avoid this restaurant if i am dining with anyone sensitive to noise.Special Features:
- Electric feelBeezerDined on 9/17/2014The restaurant never fails to bring out the inner foodie in me! I continuously enjoy myself, and anticipate my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So disappointedBNCHDined on 9/17/2014I would have rated them 'great' if not for the service. Unbelievable. Went for lunch during Restaurant Week. Took over 20 minutes for someone to acknowledge our table. Then had to wait additional 10 minutes for the drinks and bread. We were there for 2 hours. Not a good lunch spot since most people do have jobs and can't be gone for 2 hours. Will not return.
- Restaurant weekEnjoyLifeDined on 9/16/2014My first time at Garces Trading Company was during Restaurant Week. Four fabulous courses (small plates) for $35 and a great bottle of wine made it a wonderful evening. It's an opportunity to share the experience with whomever you're with by sharing the delicious options delivered to your table. Flavors and combinations are different and worth exploring. Four courses were very satisfying but don't expect to "feel stuffed".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014Would have liked a little more variety in the menu!Special Features:
- Creatively appealingfavoredVIPDined on 9/16/2014Garces Trading Company has cache, and the connected wine store still has uniqueness. As a first-time diner, I was pleased with the food and the comfortable noise level (for lunch). I was less impressed with the service and the overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014me and my friends came here for lunch for restaurant week. We got a few appetizers, and sandwiches. Everything was amazing. Best food I've had in a while. I'm bringing my mom there for her birthday and cannot wait to see and try the rest of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticMahlerBoneDined on 9/15/2014We came for Philly's restaurant week, and although it wasn't the regular menu, it was fabulous. Our server was friendly, helpful, and non obtrusive, always politely waiting until the course was finished. We had some delicious Spanish cheeses, light but complex Italian sausage flatbread, and perfectly prepared hangar steak with duck fat (!!) fries and some fantastic scallops as entrees. The cognac punch was a great pair with the steak. Very impressed with the bar service. I can't wait until come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great CarbonaraScienceVIPDined on 9/15/2014Went for the restaurant week dinner. The meat plate was a bit lame (i think). But the pizza was pretty good and the steak. But the best one was the carbonara. It was damn good. One thing I really got to mention is the wine by the glass. The price of each glass was more than the whole bottle!!!! There is always a markup. But this is way too much. Even the bottle prices were almost 7 to 8 times more. I haven't seen that much of a price hike. It was disappointing.Special Features:
- Yumm start to finish!JerseygirlDined on 9/15/2014We lucked out going to lunch during restaurant week, great choices on pre set menu! Everything was delish! The homemade Mozzarella is AMAAAAZING! Love all of his oils for dipping you can go crazy shopping for them as well along with the vinegars and spreads! French macaroons yummo too! We had incredible carbonara dish and chicken pesto spanish sandwich too! Go back in a heart beat! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak Frites!JeanVIPDined on 9/14/2014Garces provided the kind of Restaurant Week dining experience that others should emulate! Wonderful 4 course meal for $35 including a variety of salads, soups, charcuterie, cheeses, and flatbreads. My dining partner and I had steak frites for the main course and it was fabulous - the best I've had in any Philly restaurant. Of course, a light and delicious almond panna cotta ended a perfect meal. I have been to Garces many time and have never been disappointed. Though they now have full bar offerings including cocktails, wine and beer, dine on Tuesdays and there is no corkage fee for your BYO.Special Features:
- 3/5 because....OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014Food great, Service polite, restaurant clean&friendly, Time for food to come out HORRENDOUS. Everyone who greeted us or served my family of 6 was outstanding, except for one girl who dropped a fork on my niece. Griffin, our waiter was great. Food was fantastic--leek soup, cheese plate, flatbread pizza, scallops risotto, carbonarra (wow!!), steak frites--amazing!! But we were seated BEFORE two tables of 6, and those people were served at a MUCH faster pace--at least a HALF HOUR faster!!--than us. how do I know? b/c we were STARVING waiting for our food, and couldn't believe that they were either on dessert or leaving before we got our entrees! I read previous reviews saying the same--they're right. I don't understand how this happens...Special Features:
- Great Restaurant Week MenuhealthyeaterDined on 9/13/2014Visited GTC with a group of 6 on a Saturday night during restaurant week. The limited offerings were varied and offered something even for those with dietary restrictions. Our group ordered a variety of dishes from the 4 course menu, and everyone raved about their food. Service was a bit slow, but our server rallied to get us out in time for our theater tickets. Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre Restaurant Week offeringMbreakirVIPDined on 9/13/2014I had been looking forward to trying this restaurant and so met friends for lunch before going to the theatre. It was restaurant week and the fixed price/limited option was $20. It was uninspired and not even particularly tasty - a yogurt with some granola on top as first course, a tasteless frittata second, and a very small bite of chocolate cake to finish. The chocolate was good but tiny. Not a good demo of what I imagine they can do here. I won't bother going back. Probably better not to participate in restaurant week if not going to do it well.
- Great service great mealJhaverdiDined on 9/12/2014I Went here during restaurant week with my boyfriend and had an amazing time. The service was great and the good was absolutely amazing. One of the best steaks I've ever had. I deffinatly reccomend this restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only OkMB93VIPDined on 9/11/2014I was expecting a lot from Garces Trading Company and went for restaurant week. First, the service was incredibly slow which is a bad way to start the meal. Then, the salad I ordered had only one tiny slice of tomato on top of the lettuce and none of the other things that were supposed to be there. The kitchen took almost 20 minutes to remake the salad. The desserts were cloyingly sweet. All in all, though there were some good corses, I was disappointed. I won't be going back.
- Good fine diningrubb1shDined on 9/11/2014Great fine dining place with wide selection of olive oils/vinegar e.g. truffle oil. Enjoyed the experience.Special Features:
- Extremely Slow ServiceSusanbDined on 9/10/2014Having never been to Garces and hearing about it, I hoped they lived up to the hype. We started our evening w/Pear Sangria; it was great. The bartenders suggested we stay and dine at the bar because they would be more attentive; after the service we received, the bartenders were probably right. Our server took his time getting our order, forgot silverware and didn't bring what was forgotten. The Vichyssoise Chaud was spectacular; The Saffron Trenette was tasty despite the grit and a half hour wait for Cadeau that sadly arrived in a bed of melted ice cream left me underwhelmed. We ordered bottled water that another server topped off with tap water. Our service wasn't the best and this jaded my entire dining experience.Special Features:
- Pre TheatreKAP35VIPDined on 9/10/2014Had tickets to the theatre which is right around the corner, it was also restaurant week menu limited but selections offered were varied. Service was excellent and our waiter knew we were going to the show and made sure we were not rushed with our meal. He was knowledgeable and attentive. Would love to go back when full menu selection is available. Scallop Risota was awesome as was the fresh mozzarella!!Special Features:
- Food AllergyTheLegDined on 9/10/2014My wife is allergic to asparagus, the dish she ordered had it in it, but it was not listed on the menu! Otherwise, it was very good & the waiter was very apologetic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Restaurant Weekalwaysup4goodfoodDined on 9/9/2014Really enjoyed Garces Trading Company during Restaurant Week. The food was delicious. Have gone a couple of times since it opened, and the food has always been good. The wine selection is interesting and what we ordered tasted great. Only complaint is it's a little too noisy and feels crowded when the restaurant is full. It's lively and upbeat, but I just prefer it when it's not as crowded and not too noisy. Always look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little gem!!FlyerfanrnDined on 9/8/2014This place was great to try for Restaurant Week. Mike the bartender was amazing! Service was a little slow at the beginning but it stepped up after finally acing our order. Everything was delicious!! Would definitely recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShelahDined on 9/7/2014Great food, excellent service! Went during restaurant week. Varied of food and choices. Loved all the food. Fantastic evening😊Special Features:
- Meh...bandbDined on 9/7/2014Ate outside on the first day of Restaurant Week. We were looking forward to a great meal from the Garces Group. The service was not good. They forgot various silverware (soup & dessert spoons, replacement fork) and had to go inside to get them, taking forever while the food sat in front of us. I kept having to remind random servers that I had ordered bottled water and asking for bread. The food was so-so. Charcuterie and cheese were good, flat bread pizza was ordinary, vichyssoise chaud was good (but why call it vichyssoise if it wasn't cold?), scallops in the risotto were gritty. If this was just a regular restaurant I would be more forgiving, but this was my guest's first time at a Garces restaurant. Needles to say he was not impressed.Special Features:
- Great RW MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2014I've previously been to Garces Trading Co and had a wonderful experience so wanted to dine there for Restaurant Week. The menu was extensive and offered 4+ choices for each course. The service was fantastic, the food was delicious and the energy in Garces Trading Co is a great spot to catch up with friends, have a romantic evening or for any occassion that encourages a night out in the city!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday Brunch in Philly!4goldenlifeDined on 9/7/2014Enjoyed a delicious outside brunch with my husband this weekend. The food was high quality and super delicious! Staff was attentive and we liked the fact we didn't feel rushed between our food courses. Will definitely consider going back in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.