100 Wailea Golf Club Dr.
Wailea, HI 96753Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gannonsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8088758080x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Continental Breakfast: 8:30am - 10:00am;
Daily Lunch/Breakfast: 10:00am - 3:00pm;
Nightly Dinner: 5:30pm - 9:00pm;
Happy Hour 3:00pm - 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American, Hawaiian
- Executive Chef: Bev Gannon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Susan Jencks 8085724945x
A word from Gannon's
Floor to ceiling glass doors gracefully invite shoreline vistas right to your table as you dine beneath grand ceilings lit by contemporary chandeliers. Chef Bev Gannon's newest venture offers a truly distinctive dining experience where traditional island flavors are embraced by the flair of her own personality delivering a taste of sophisticated culinary elegance right here on Maui. Savor more than just your dish as you indulge in decor rich in textures – touches of bamboo, marble, and lava rock compliment chic artwork and locally handcrafted accents.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Gannon's - Best Restaurants in Wailea ›
Gannon's reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (45)scenic view (41)romantic (32)special occasion (31)fit for foodies (23)notable wine list (13)good for groups (11)kid-friendly (9)neighborhood gem (6)vibrant bar scene (6)great for lunch (4)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Birthday celebration!FrequentpatronDined on 10/19/2014Overall experience was positive. Comfortable outside seating, attentive server, beautiful food presentation. Fish cooked to perfection. Desserts were average - pineapple cake very sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatPapaJVIPDined on 10/18/2014We went to Gannon's this past Saturday night for a friend's birthday and arrived after the sunset. This caused the restaurant to feel dark and gloomy rather than with the lovely view we saw when we returned the next day just to observe the view. The food was good but the seafood paella I had was made with congealed rice caused from the grease of the sausage mixed in with the rice on the bottom of the dish with fresh seafood on the top. While the seafood was delicious, the rice was awful and not edible. It will be a long time before we go back to Gannon's which was sad because we have always loved her restaurants!!Special Features:
- Good foodYumyumDined on 10/18/2014This restaurant has a great view We had plenty of private space to talk with friends Everyone's food was greatSpecial Features:
- FabulousroadrunnerDined on 10/16/2014We had a little difficulty locating the place but greatly enjoyed the atmosphere, service, and especially the fantastic food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way too LoudDebraVIPDined on 10/12/2014Food was OK but because a wedding party was downstairs it was not very enjoyable, the food was a little too salty. Would not go again.Special Features:
- dinemauiDined on 9/28/2014We always look forward to our trip to Maui and Bev Gannon's Weilea is a must for us. It is our favorite restaurant. Through the years the restaurant has been excellent from hostess greeting to dessert. The noise level is low so I can actually hear my parter in the beautiful outdoor setting. The sunset view is fabulous. Portions are generous. We split the butter lettuce salad and each had an entree. We were not rushed. Atmosphere was calm. The food is always a work of art. I would recommend this experience to friends and family, ( even my niece's husband who is an excellent chef).Special Features:
- One of Maui's bestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014Fantastic dinner at Gannon's. Everything was perfect from the fantastic view table to the food and the attentive service. Also got a great value as we were able to pick up discounted gift certificates at Costco. $79.99 for $100 in gift certificates so you save 20% on your first $100. This is one of our favorite restaurants on Maui.Special Features:
- WOWFoodieVIPDined on 9/27/2014Our dinner was perfect. We have eaten at her other restaurants but this one is the shining star. Everything about the meal was over the top delicious. The menu is small but chosen very carefully with something to please everyone. A must go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedFreckledfoolDined on 9/24/2014Always a great dining experience. Food is delicious and mouth watering. The staff is friendly and remembers your name. Definitely a favorite. Never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrongOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/20/2014One of my 'go to' restaurants in Wailea. We only went for drinks and pupu's. Ordered the poke which was good, but maybe more like poke salad as the fish was cut into fairly small cubes. More like something to eat with a fork or even a spoon rather than chopsticks. Ordered the sashimi platter too - good fresh fish and was gone in a flash.Special Features:
- Best food!mauifirstDined on 9/12/2014The presentation and the food was excellent, one of the best we experienced in Maui.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For the refined taste budsglobaladventuresDined on 9/8/2014Gannon's is for the refined eater who analyzes and enjoys each bite. The chef prepares the rib eye and the seared ahi in a melt in your miuth fashion which I'm sure is a secret formula to prepare. I don't recommend the mahi mahi although the staff seems to push it as the night's special. The heavy fish smell of the Mahi Mahi was coming a mile away. I recommend the seared ahi and the rib eye. Both were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousMartyVIPDined on 9/4/2014Once again, we enjoyed a delicious meal at Gannon's. We split the paella which was outstanding. Also had a great find of a Burgess merlot that was 25% off that was wonderful. Always a great meal here.Special Features:
- MauifanDined on 8/31/2014A gorgeous setting for a cozy restaurant.. The food was amazing as well as the serviceSpecial Features:
- Oily foodluvetodineinamericaDined on 8/30/20141. I asked what Ahi was and the waiter told me is a red fish and failed to tell me is in fact TUNA!!!! 2. The Ahi poke was basically soaked in Sesame oil and that's all I could taste. 3. They cooked their catch of the day fish deep fried!!!! Why would you cook fresh fish in oil if they can really cook? So overpriced for what it was! unimpressed!Special Features:
- Perfect mealLkbuxVIPDined on 8/25/2014My family, including 3 children, ate at Gannon's for our last dinner in Maui before returning to NY. What a great choice! The restaurant was beautiful, the view was other wordly and the service was top notch. One of our sons has a nut allergy, which they handled expertly. The food was incredible, with the lobster paella being beyond compare. I highly recommend!Special Features:
- Good not Great50thDined on 8/20/2014Husband surprise me with trip to Maui for my 50th birthday. He made reservations for dinner Gannon's in Wailea. The view was breath taking. Lush tropical setting with Ocean view, beautiful sunset. Chad was our waiter. He was very pleasant and knowledgable. We started dinner with a first course of Calamari crusted with macadamia nuts, very delicious. Second course was local greens with beets, also very good. But the Maincourse fell short of our expectations. I had the Scallops with Rissotto and my husband choose the Salmon, Good favor but we expected more, both were very pricey. Still would recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great post proposal dinnerScotty23538Dined on 8/19/2014We there after I proposed to my girlfriend of 2 years. I brought my new fiancé to Gannon's afterwards for a romantic dinner and for us to recap what just happened and what exactly did we say. Service was superb! Excellent food!Special Features:
- Excellent! Don't miss Gannon's!BeensDined on 8/19/2014Our waiter was excellent, knowledgable, intuitive and there when we needed him… The menu was interesting - well balanced with different options proteins etc. The caesar salad with anchovies, the only complaint - the anchovies were served whole and slabbed over the salad - yuck… We should have been informed of this - I thought they would be incorporated into the dressing. The steak was excellent, cooked perfectly rare - and the korean short ribs were very tasty not too sweet… both very nicely plated on heated plates. Huge portions, hot plates, good service, great drinks, going again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievable!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014My family of 4 came to Gannon's to hopefully fix a horrible dining experience for my 10 year wedding anniversary. We were visiting from Honolulu and was eager to find a gem to enjoy dinner. We walked into Gannon's and immediately loved the decor and ambience. The waiter was exceptional and tended to our every need. We were seated in a spectacular area with wonderful sweeping views. But, more than anything, the food was fabulous!!!! I don't even know what was in my dish, but, I finished every last bit to the point of it being embarassing for myself. My children wanted to go back over and over again. I wish..... Love you Gannon's!!!! You made our anniversary so very memorable. We will be back!!!!!Special Features:
- Great setting, food and servicecanariaVIPDined on 8/12/2014We went there twice in 3 days because we loved it so much. You are sitting outside in the sun overlooking the water and sunset. Food is delicious and not too expensive. Service is very attentive and authentic.Special Features:
- Your're Back !CvT49Dined on 8/3/2014It had been some time since we last dinned at Gannon's , and we were more than pleasantly surprised . Every thing was exquisitely presented and beyond yummy.....the Tower was amazing & Monchong cooked perfectly. The quiet ambience and view are given, but the food surpasses those pluses. If you haven't been back in awhile .....you should put Gannon's on your dinning list!Special Features:
- Sunset in ParadiseMauiChowGuyDined on 7/29/2014The views are spectacular, trees swaying in the breeze, waves rolling on the shore, oh yeah and the good is great also. The perfect alternative to Mama's Fish house if you want to remain in the Kihei/Wailea area.Special Features:
- Cuisine with a viewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/28/2014Food and service were both excellent, and a great environment to enjoy both!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Golf Course Dining!HIfoodieVIPDined on 7/26/2014I had the scallop risotto and my BF had the roasted chicken, both were exceptional. The roasted chicken serving was very generous. Risotto I was a little worried since serving was small, but was perfect for me with my smaller appetite. The scallops were cooked to perfection and the risotto was to die for. We will definitely be repeat customers anytime we're on Maui!Special Features:
- jhs1Dined on 7/25/2014There were 4 in our party. Service was fine. All ordered different entrees and the food quality was fair. For the price there are far better restuarants on Maui
- Very slow and emptyDinerFromBayAreaDined on 7/23/2014We had a reservation through Open Table and waited at the hostess table awhile to be noticed to be seated in an obviously empty restaurant. The staff was slow and visiting amongst themselves, however, we liked our waiter and his attention and service at dinner. We were not checked in by the host on Open Table causing us to have to explain afterwards that we had honored our reservation, though we had provided our name to the host on check in. The food was good but overpriced. Ambiance did not meet the pricey menu. The menu lacked variety and choices. The restaurant was very empty and slow. Would not go back again.
- Family friendlyVacahawaiiDined on 7/22/2014Great food. Service was excellent. View of sunset was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!!DandDVIPDined on 7/15/2014We have dined here over the past few years. This year was better than ever. Views are always spectacular. The service (Timothy) and dinner (Spareribs/Ahi) were excellent, the portions were generous and wine selections/price quite reasonable. This was the best experience we have had at Gsnnon's over the past 4 years and recommend it highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedKay1Dined on 7/14/2014We've been here several times and every dish seems to come out perfect. The staff is very pleasant and accommodating. Beautiful sunsets in the winter. We are never disappointed when we have a dining experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely!fransapVIPDined on 7/10/2014Lovely evening with fabulous food and service. We really enjoyed our evening. Ther server was exceptional. The only thing I would have done differently is not ordered the warm cookie plate for dessert.Special Features:
- Spectacular Views and DiningStlouisDined on 7/4/2014We had a grand setting for the Fourth of July with natural fireworks. The sunset was the most colorful and peaceful that we had on the island. The food was great and the service was extremely attentive. I would recommend this out of the way place to all. It was the best setting that we had a meal on the island and the food matched the view.Special Features:
- Dinner not worth the priceShakaVIPDined on 6/29/2014My husband and I had the seafood paella and Ono for dinner. Food was good, but not great enough to warrant the $44 price for each entree. The pricing at Gannon's is as expensive as places like Mama's Fish House in Paia and the restaurants at the Four Seasons Wailea. The only problem is that Gannon's doesn't prepare the fish as well as Mama's nor has the full ocean view, and is not located in an expensive hotel to justify the overpricing-Gannon's is in an old golf club house on one of the three Wailea golf courses. If you want to experience Bev Gannon's cooking in Wailea, go to Joe's at Grand Champions. Food is slightly less expensive but just as good.Special Features:
- Excellent Food!monthlyvisitorDined on 6/28/2014The food at Gannon's is AMAZING! However, the service was well below par this evening. Server showed little attention to us after we wanted anything to drink. Our table of 4 ordered 1 alcoholic beverage, the rest water. He appeared annoyed by our order. Asked if we're ready to order dinner - we had one question; Any dairy free options? He didn't know, then said no. We asked if there is an option the kitchen could prepare. He claimed to ask the kitchen, the answer was "no dairy free options." We ate there 2 days prior - dairy free option available. Again, server look annoyed he had to ask. 3 of us ordered food, he didn't check on us for 30 mins. We asked for extra bread, he forgot 2x. 2 days prior, our server was amazing!Special Features:
- Great experience!Sparky101Dined on 6/26/2014We dined at Gannon's to celebrate our recent engagement and it was the perfect atmosphere. Will definitely come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better Before..dan890Dined on 6/23/2014I was in Maui 16 years ago, went to Seawatch, (now Gannons)...loved it! This time, though the view can't be beat, the restaurant makeover felt cold and lost the charm I remember. Menu was limited, and not as good as Mama's Fish House which we went to a few nights prior.Special Features:
- The following 365 reviews are from the Gannon's reviews archive.
- Good.ShariVIPDined on 6/11/2014Quiet & pretty on golf course. Good food but not great. Thought it would be better as a Bev Gannon restaurant. Service great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunset dinnerGtownVIPDined on 6/9/2014Gannon's is the perfect location to have a fabulous meal and watch the sunset . It sits on the slope above Wailea with a breath-taking view of Molokini and Makena. We had the Mahi Mahi in red curry sauce and the scallops on lobster risotto. Both dishes were superb. It is such a peaceful spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful viewMonicaDined on 6/6/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary on the patio and watched the sunset. Beautiful eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected better service for the $$$GannonsDined on 6/6/2014This restaurant was recommended for the food and the service and we only got 50%. The food was good and cooked perfectly and exactly what was expected. Unfortunately our server never even checked in to see if that was the case. Additionally I had to track down a passer by bus boy to request a cocktail on two separate occasions for myself and my wife. I didn't complain as I did not want to ruin the evening for my wife and my son. I am hoping this is not the norm for Gannon's but wanted to pass along to othersSpecial Features: