100 Wailea Golf Club Dr.
Wailea, HI 96753Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gannonsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8088758080x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Continental Breakfast: 8:30am - 10:00am;
Daily Lunch/Breakfast: 10:00am - 3:00pm;
Nightly Dinner: 5:30pm - 9:00pm;
Happy Hour 3:00pm - 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American, Hawaiian
- Executive Chef: Bev Gannon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Susan Jencks 8085724945x
A word from Gannon's
Floor to ceiling glass doors gracefully invite shoreline vistas right to your table as you dine beneath grand ceilings lit by contemporary chandeliers. Chef Bev Gannon's newest venture offers a truly distinctive dining experience where traditional island flavors are embraced by the flair of her own personality delivering a taste of sophisticated culinary elegance right here on Maui. Savor more than just your dish as you indulge in decor rich in textures – touches of bamboo, marble, and lava rock compliment chic artwork and locally handcrafted accents.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Gannon's - Best Restaurants in Wailea ›
Gannon's reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (46)scenic view (43)special occasion (33)romantic (32)fit for foodies (23)kid-friendly (11)good for groups (11)notable wine list (11)neighborhood gem (7)vibrant bar scene (6)great for lunch (5)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/28/2014We always look forward to our trip to Maui and Bev Gannon's Weilea is a must for us. It is our favorite restaurant. Through the years the restaurant has been excellent from hostess greeting to dessert. The noise level is low so I can actually hear my parter in the beautiful outdoor setting. The sunset view is fabulous. Portions are generous. We split the butter lettuce salad and each had an entree. We were not rushed. Atmosphere was calm. The food is always a work of art. I would recommend this experience to friends and family, ( even my niece's husband who is an excellent chef).Special Features:
- WOWFoodieVIPDined on 9/27/2014Our dinner was perfect. We have eaten at her other restaurants but this one is the shining star. Everything about the meal was over the top delicious. The menu is small but chosen very carefully with something to please everyone. A must go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedFreckledfoolDined on 9/24/2014Always a great dining experience. Food is delicious and mouth watering. The staff is friendly and remembers your name. Definitely a favorite. Never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrongOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/20/2014One of my 'go to' restaurants in Wailea. We only went for drinks and pupu's. Ordered the poke which was good, but maybe more like poke salad as the fish was cut into fairly small cubes. More like something to eat with a fork or even a spoon rather than chopsticks. Ordered the sashimi platter too - good fresh fish and was gone in a flash.Special Features:
- Best food!mauifirstDined on 9/12/2014The presentation and the food was excellent, one of the best we experienced in Maui.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For the refined taste budsglobaladventuresDined on 9/8/2014Gannon's is for the refined eater who analyzes and enjoys each bite. The chef prepares the rib eye and the seared ahi in a melt in your miuth fashion which I'm sure is a secret formula to prepare. I don't recommend the mahi mahi although the staff seems to push it as the night's special. The heavy fish smell of the Mahi Mahi was coming a mile away. I recommend the seared ahi and the rib eye. Both were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousMartyVIPDined on 9/4/2014Once again, we enjoyed a delicious meal at Gannon's. We split the paella which was outstanding. Also had a great find of a Burgess merlot that was 25% off that was wonderful. Always a great meal here.Special Features:
- MauifanDined on 8/31/2014A gorgeous setting for a cozy restaurant.. The food was amazing as well as the serviceSpecial Features:
- Oily foodluvetodineinamericaDined on 8/30/20141. I asked what Ahi was and the waiter told me is a red fish and failed to tell me is in fact TUNA!!!! 2. The Ahi poke was basically soaked in Sesame oil and that's all I could taste. 3. They cooked their catch of the day fish deep fried!!!! Why would you cook fresh fish in oil if they can really cook? So overpriced for what it was! unimpressed!Special Features:
- Perfect mealLkbuxVIPDined on 8/25/2014My family, including 3 children, ate at Gannon's for our last dinner in Maui before returning to NY. What a great choice! The restaurant was beautiful, the view was other wordly and the service was top notch. One of our sons has a nut allergy, which they handled expertly. The food was incredible, with the lobster paella being beyond compare. I highly recommend!Special Features:
- Good not Great50thDined on 8/20/2014Husband surprise me with trip to Maui for my 50th birthday. He made reservations for dinner Gannon's in Wailea. The view was breath taking. Lush tropical setting with Ocean view, beautiful sunset. Chad was our waiter. He was very pleasant and knowledgable. We started dinner with a first course of Calamari crusted with macadamia nuts, very delicious. Second course was local greens with beets, also very good. But the Maincourse fell short of our expectations. I had the Scallops with Rissotto and my husband choose the Salmon, Good favor but we expected more, both were very pricey. Still would recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great post proposal dinnerScotty23538Dined on 8/19/2014We there after I proposed to my girlfriend of 2 years. I brought my new fiancé to Gannon's afterwards for a romantic dinner and for us to recap what just happened and what exactly did we say. Service was superb! Excellent food!Special Features:
- Excellent! Don't miss Gannon's!BeensDined on 8/19/2014Our waiter was excellent, knowledgable, intuitive and there when we needed him… The menu was interesting - well balanced with different options proteins etc. The caesar salad with anchovies, the only complaint - the anchovies were served whole and slabbed over the salad - yuck… We should have been informed of this - I thought they would be incorporated into the dressing. The steak was excellent, cooked perfectly rare - and the korean short ribs were very tasty not too sweet… both very nicely plated on heated plates. Huge portions, hot plates, good service, great drinks, going again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great setting, food and servicecanariaVIPDined on 8/12/2014We went there twice in 3 days because we loved it so much. You are sitting outside in the sun overlooking the water and sunset. Food is delicious and not too expensive. Service is very attentive and authentic.Special Features:
- Your're Back !CvT49Dined on 8/3/2014It had been some time since we last dinned at Gannon's , and we were more than pleasantly surprised . Every thing was exquisitely presented and beyond yummy.....the Tower was amazing & Monchong cooked perfectly. The quiet ambience and view are given, but the food surpasses those pluses. If you haven't been back in awhile .....you should put Gannon's on your dinning list!Special Features:
- Sunset in ParadiseMauiChowGuyDined on 7/29/2014The views are spectacular, trees swaying in the breeze, waves rolling on the shore, oh yeah and the good is great also. The perfect alternative to Mama's Fish house if you want to remain in the Kihei/Wailea area.Special Features:
- Cuisine with a viewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/28/2014Food and service were both excellent, and a great environment to enjoy both!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Golf Course Dining!HIfoodieVIPDined on 7/26/2014I had the scallop risotto and my BF had the roasted chicken, both were exceptional. The roasted chicken serving was very generous. Risotto I was a little worried since serving was small, but was perfect for me with my smaller appetite. The scallops were cooked to perfection and the risotto was to die for. We will definitely be repeat customers anytime we're on Maui!Special Features:
- jhs1Dined on 7/25/2014There were 4 in our party. Service was fine. All ordered different entrees and the food quality was fair. For the price there are far better restuarants on Maui
- Very slow and emptyDinerFromBayAreaDined on 7/23/2014We had a reservation through Open Table and waited at the hostess table awhile to be noticed to be seated in an obviously empty restaurant. The staff was slow and visiting amongst themselves, however, we liked our waiter and his attention and service at dinner. We were not checked in by the host on Open Table causing us to have to explain afterwards that we had honored our reservation, though we had provided our name to the host on check in. The food was good but overpriced. Ambiance did not meet the pricey menu. The menu lacked variety and choices. The restaurant was very empty and slow. Would not go back again.
- Family friendlyVacahawaiiDined on 7/22/2014Great food. Service was excellent. View of sunset was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!!DandDVIPDined on 7/15/2014We have dined here over the past few years. This year was better than ever. Views are always spectacular. The service (Timothy) and dinner (Spareribs/Ahi) were excellent, the portions were generous and wine selections/price quite reasonable. This was the best experience we have had at Gsnnon's over the past 4 years and recommend it highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedKay1Dined on 7/14/2014We've been here several times and every dish seems to come out perfect. The staff is very pleasant and accommodating. Beautiful sunsets in the winter. We are never disappointed when we have a dining experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely!fransapVIPDined on 7/10/2014Lovely evening with fabulous food and service. We really enjoyed our evening. Ther server was exceptional. The only thing I would have done differently is not ordered the warm cookie plate for dessert.Special Features:
- Spectacular Views and DiningStlouisDined on 7/4/2014We had a grand setting for the Fourth of July with natural fireworks. The sunset was the most colorful and peaceful that we had on the island. The food was great and the service was extremely attentive. I would recommend this out of the way place to all. It was the best setting that we had a meal on the island and the food matched the view.Special Features:
- Dinner not worth the priceShakaVIPDined on 6/29/2014My husband and I had the seafood paella and Ono for dinner. Food was good, but not great enough to warrant the $44 price for each entree. The pricing at Gannon's is as expensive as places like Mama's Fish House in Paia and the restaurants at the Four Seasons Wailea. The only problem is that Gannon's doesn't prepare the fish as well as Mama's nor has the full ocean view, and is not located in an expensive hotel to justify the overpricing-Gannon's is in an old golf club house on one of the three Wailea golf courses. If you want to experience Bev Gannon's cooking in Wailea, go to Joe's at Grand Champions. Food is slightly less expensive but just as good.Special Features:
- Excellent Food!monthlyvisitorDined on 6/28/2014The food at Gannon's is AMAZING! However, the service was well below par this evening. Server showed little attention to us after we wanted anything to drink. Our table of 4 ordered 1 alcoholic beverage, the rest water. He appeared annoyed by our order. Asked if we're ready to order dinner - we had one question; Any dairy free options? He didn't know, then said no. We asked if there is an option the kitchen could prepare. He claimed to ask the kitchen, the answer was "no dairy free options." We ate there 2 days prior - dairy free option available. Again, server look annoyed he had to ask. 3 of us ordered food, he didn't check on us for 30 mins. We asked for extra bread, he forgot 2x. 2 days prior, our server was amazing!Special Features:
- Great experience!Sparky101Dined on 6/26/2014We dined at Gannon's to celebrate our recent engagement and it was the perfect atmosphere. Will definitely come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better Before..dan890Dined on 6/23/2014I was in Maui 16 years ago, went to Seawatch, (now Gannons)...loved it! This time, though the view can't be beat, the restaurant makeover felt cold and lost the charm I remember. Menu was limited, and not as good as Mama's Fish House which we went to a few nights prior.Special Features:
- Good.ShariVIPDined on 6/11/2014Quiet & pretty on golf course. Good food but not great. Thought it would be better as a Bev Gannon restaurant. Service great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunset dinnerGtownVIPDined on 6/9/2014Gannon's is the perfect location to have a fabulous meal and watch the sunset . It sits on the slope above Wailea with a breath-taking view of Molokini and Makena. We had the Mahi Mahi in red curry sauce and the scallops on lobster risotto. Both dishes were superb. It is such a peaceful spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful viewMonicaDined on 6/6/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary on the patio and watched the sunset. Beautiful eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected better service for the $$$GannonsDined on 6/6/2014This restaurant was recommended for the food and the service and we only got 50%. The food was good and cooked perfectly and exactly what was expected. Unfortunately our server never even checked in to see if that was the case. Additionally I had to track down a passer by bus boy to request a cocktail on two separate occasions for myself and my wife. I didn't complain as I did not want to ruin the evening for my wife and my son. I am hoping this is not the norm for Gannon's but wanted to pass along to othersSpecial Features:
- SeagullDined on 6/5/2014I thought the food would be excellent but it was bad to mediocre. The vegetables were under cooked to the point the were in edible. I got the pork which should have been tender. It was incredibly tough so much so I had to leave most of it on my plate. There was a huge piece of fat in the middle of my polenta. The salad was good. I will never go here again and I eat out regularly on Maui. Nor will I recommend it to anyone.
- Gannon's is our Family Favorite!AlohaAnnieVIPDined on 6/4/2014When ever we have a special occasion large or small we know we will be treated right! Great inventive food with local ingredients. Can't beat the view too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dinner at Gannon'sGolfgirlVIPDined on 6/4/2014We had dinner last night for my birthday at Gannon's, it was great, we've been here many times before and have always enjoyed it. My husband had the chicken and it was very good, the Onaga was also excellent. I have to compliment our server Tim-- he was great and made it a very enjoyable night-- we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- The following 358 reviews are from the Gannon's reviews archive.
- Superb!mikelmaskDined on 5/25/2014The food and beverages were universally outstanding. The mixed drinks were very imaginative making choices difficult. However, I went with an old standby, a Mai Tai, and it turned out to be one of the most delicious versions of the drink that I have ever tasted. We visited the restaurant during Wailea Restaurant Week and so only looked at the special menu. Despite the reduced choices, the selections were very imaginative and a good representation of what the restaurant has to offer. All of our selections were delicious and the portions were large. We ate outside overlooking the bay during sunset which was beautiful and romantic. One highlight of our meal was service which was very friendly and attentive. I cannot wait to return.Special Features:
- Beats driving to HailimaileMkobayasDined on 5/25/2014We were in Wailea celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary and my husband wanted to eat Bev Gannon's food. Instead of driving all the way to Hailimaile, we decided to try Gannon's in Wailea. Lucky for us it was the first day of restaurant week so we each got a three course meal for $49 apiece! My husband got the lamb which was delicious but a touch over cooked. I got the swine (tenderloin & pork belly) which was also a bit over cooked but yummy. The pickled beats and shallots served with the swine were interesting (fennel or anise flavored) but a bit too tart for me to enjoy them all. Our son got the NZ King salmon which was cooked to perfection. The chocolate bomb in raspberry sauce was a nice finish. (Apps were good too).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service...top notch.PfoodieDined on 5/22/2014Highly recommend this restaurant. Great food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as great as usualmoragamunchersVIPDined on 4/28/2014Love this place for ambience, service, and usually food. We just chose less exciting dishes - heavy. Had short ribs and "succulent swine". Will stay with fish next visit!Special Features: