12067 Ventura Pl
Studio City, CA 91604Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gangadin.biz/
- Phone: 8185090722
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 1:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Catering is available for all occasions and for up to 250-300 people. Custom Pricing is available and delivery is available within certain distance from the restaurant. For more information, please feel free to email us with your contact information at email@example.com
- Cross Street: Laurel Cyn Blvd
- Public Transit: We are on Ventura Place near the intersection of Laurel Cyn Blvd and Ventura Blvd. Coming on Ventura Blvd, you may take the 750 (or equivalent on Ventura blvd) and Stop at Laurel Cyn. If you are coming from the Valley area, you may take the Orange Line to the Metro 230 and the 230 ends on Ventura Place.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: We are located on Ventura Place and metered parking is enforced until 8 p.m.
A word from Gangadin
Since 1984, Gangadin is a restaurant considered by many to be the best Indian Restaurant in Los Angeles. They have been serving excellent and healthy Indian food for over 26 years in the same location. When you enter Gangadin you are in a place where spice, flavor and ambience takes over and delicious food is enjoyed. Gangadin is owned by Manmeet Sahni and his family. Manmeet takes pride in serving home style cooking. Every dish is cooked from scratch with no MSG, preservatives or animal fat added. "We specialize in outstanding, flavorful North Indian cuisine," says Manmeet, "including homemade and exotic curries, fresh baked breads from the hot Tandoor and meats marinated in delicate spices and herbs." Manmeet and the whole family is very active giving free samples and selling fresh sauces every Sunday at the Studio City Farmers Market on Ventura Place right in front of their restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gangadin reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (6)fit for foodies (4)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)good for groups (2)special occasion (2)romantic (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014It was my birthday dinner. We were seated immediately. One guy on staff tried to take our menus before we ordered food. We never received water at our table. The chicken tikka masala tasted off... Too much butter and not enough seasoning. My party and I were disappointed in the quality of the food for the price and don't plan to return.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedClapperDined on 8/16/2014Yelp reviews hearses me expectations way too high. The food was rather pedestrian. This restaurant would not last a week in NYC, my source of reference. Not terrible but hardly inspired.
- Always reliableAwinrmVIPDined on 8/11/2014Probably one of the best Indian restaurants in the valley. Very traditional Indian food, not real creative. Presentation of food is ordinary as is the decor. Good food....could be ramped up a notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, friendly serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014We were served by the owner, and ordered both from the regular menu and the vegan menu. The food is tasty, full of flavor, hot and fresh. Service was quick and friendly. Looking forward to coming back soon!Special Features:
- Great Indian foodjalapenoDined on 7/19/2014Even though we didn't order a lot food they still gave excellent service and were very friendly. Food was excellent and I loved the fact that it was family owned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/21/2014first time at this restaurant. very good food. will definitely come again !! sorry took so long to findSpecial Features:
- Great Night Out!mhfilmsDined on 6/15/2014In the dictionary under hospitality, you'll find the Gangadin restaurant! Manmeet opened in 1983 (his two son's now work with him too) and together they have created a delicous experience. My son and I took my husband for Father's Day. We always eat everything family style. We shared; Vegetable Samosas to start, Chicken Tikka, Shrimp Masala, Vegetable Curry, Vegetable Biryani and Garlic Naan - what a great meal - taste, texture and beautiful color combinations. My son could not get enough of the Masala sauce - this delicate red cream sauce takes like heaven. And for you TV and movie hounds, CBS Radford is just behind the restaurant and you'll often see folks from THE TALK, CSI: NEW YORK, HOT IN CLEVELAND, and ET.Special Features:
- The following 75 reviews are from the Gangadin reviews archive.
- Amazingly Friendly ServiceJinga34VIPDined on 3/18/2014The food at Gangadin is very good but the service is even better. They are so friendly and accommodating. Totally relaxing atmosphere and they make you feel right at home. Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe good for takeout.FoodiesDined on 3/11/2014We visited the restaurant intrigued by the accolades other reviewers gave them. We found the dishes to be on par with usual Indian home style cooking, but were very disappointed with the service.
- Great Food! Friendly surroundings!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2014Gangadin was again, a wonderful place to spend time with friends, enjoying great, authentic Indian food, and GREAT Indian beer! The personnel were absolutely great, and very friendly. Their attention and speed was greatly appreciated. A great place to go to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and excellent serviceNaguDined on 2/10/2014I had my parents visiting us and we all went to this place. The food was great and we all liked it a lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Indian Food in LAMarkCDined on 1/18/2014This is our favorite Indian restaurant in LA. Very diverse menu and everything is prepared very well. Do not miss the Lamb Samosas, or some of the Indian breads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, Healthy Indian FoodMeMeVIPDined on 1/17/2014The food is great here, and they have a lot of healthy, tasty options for vegetarians and vegans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Indian in the ValleyrgzspickVIPDined on 1/3/2014This long established Indian restaurant in the Valley has some of the best food around. The chicken tikka masala is always well prepared and tasty. The samosas are fine and the service is usually very good in this family run restaurant. I recommend that if you like Indian food, and you are in the Valley, that you give this place a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm neighborhood spotMyraMinkoffVIPDined on 11/1/2013Family run restaurant with welcoming atmosphere and good korma.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small place but great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/13/2013Small place but great food and service from all the staff including the owner/manager(?). Would definitely recommend!Special Features:
- One of the best in the ValleyrgzspickVIPDined on 3/29/2013This Indian restaurant is one of the best in the Valley with very tasty food such as mixed grill and chicken tikka masala. Their lamb samosas are fine as appetizers, and the service is friendly in this family owned place.Special Features:
- A favorite neighborhood restaurant.LeneVIPDined on 3/28/2013A favorite neighborhood restaurant. Our favorite Indian cuisine.Special Features:
- We ALWAYS enjoy are food andOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/25/2013We ALWAYS enjoy are food and the service is outstanding!Special Features:
- Very good Indian food in argzspickVIPDined on 8/30/2012Very good Indian food in a quiet setting in Studio City. A long established restaurant that is reliable for a casual dinner. Everything is well prepared, and I especially like their lamb samosas, and chicken tikka masala for an entree. Order a mango lassi and enjoy the food!Special Features:
- Having been there for overAwinrmVIPDined on 8/15/2012Having been there for over 30 years, th food and service are consistently good.Special Features:
- Yummilicious !!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2012Great place for real good food and the service is outstanding .. The owner makes you feel comfortable and is extremely attentive to your every need .. Definitely my fav place for Indian food .. :-)Special Features:
- Friendly Service, Just-Ok FoodAdamVIPDined on 8/6/2012With so many Indian places in the area, it is with regret that I can't recommend Gangadin. The bright spot of this seemingly family-run restaurant is the sweet, friendly, attentive service. Unfortunately, the flavors for me are weak. The colors which at some Indian restaurant wow the senses, fail to do so here. Good if you're in the neighborhood and need your saag paneer fix. But, if you have a choice their are other places which are more likely to thrill your tastebuds.Special Features:
- Our family and friends areOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/29/2012Our family and friends are addicted to this Indian restaurant. Service is fab; Food the BEST....their Korma (Chicken, Shrimp, Veggie) is yum.....we will always return once a week AT LEAST!Special Features:
- Our FAVORITE Indian Restaurant....fOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/24/2012Our FAVORITE Indian Restaurant....food the best; service superb; location is great! We always return!Special Features:
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/11/2012First time there...it was excellent! Excellent flavors, good/friendly service, and very clean. We were craving spicy, flavorful food and this hit the spot! Will be back again soon for sure!Special Features:
- We can't get enough of thisOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/10/2012We can't get enough of this restaurant's food and service!Special Features:
- Very goodDisappointedinMalibuVIPDined on 5/18/2012Delicious food and friendly service. We look forward to returning.
- Food was well above that ofOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/28/2012Food was well above that of the average Indian restaurant in terms of quality of ingredients and subtle seasoning, service was excellent. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Gangadin is a good IndianOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/25/2012Gangadin is a good Indian restaurant, but not a great one. Their food is healthy, which is a huge plus. Unfortunately, that comes at a price, as they don't use butter in their cooking, so taste does suffer. It's a place I'd come to for daily meals, but not one I'd go to for special occasions.Special Features:
- Fine Indian restaurant withrgzspickVIPDined on 4/24/2012Fine Indian restaurant with very good food; I like their lamb samosas for an appetizer, and the chicken tikka masala for an entree. My wife likes their mixed grill. We tend to take home some of our dinner since the portions are ample. Very good service usually. A nice neighborhood place for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Everything we had was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/23/2012Everything we had was very good except for the service. Green Chili Lamb Curry was outstanding as was the Coconut Lamb Curry. Our waiter was Casper like only appearing to take our order and leave the check. For the food we would go back again &again!Special Features:
- great food and great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/11/2012great food and great service. I will be going back many times!Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2012The food was good. The service was a bit slow at first.
- The people who run and ownGoodoneVIPDined on 3/31/2012The people who run and own the restaurant are a delight. Not knowing Indian food they were helpful and fun. They made it a great experience. Also sat next to a celebrity which was fun.Special Features:
- Viva Gangadin!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2012We found the food to be wonderful. Our various chicken dishes were extraudinaraly tender. Never experienced such tender chicken at any Indian restaurants. The owner was very accommodating and gracious with a great sense of humor. Considering that we were a party of 9 and were fairly loud. We had a great time and most definitely will return.Special Features:
- Very fresh and delicious -HappyBoaterVIPDined on 3/9/2012Very fresh and delicious - best Indian food we've tasted! Excellent service. The owner spent time with us welcoming us to his restaurant which has been around for 28 years! If we'd only known ! Thank you Open Table for introducing us :)Special Features:
- Love this indian food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/1/2012great indian food. delicous food, great service, nice ambiance. this will be my regular hangout.Special Features:
- We enjoyed the chicken tikka,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2012We enjoyed the chicken tikka, the sag paneer, the fruit-wrapped naan, the rice. We thought the Mulligatany soup was quite bland and tasted mostly of chick-peas. We will definitely return. We love Indian food. Te sag paneer was one of the best I've ever had--lots of cheese and delicate in flavor.
- Delicous Indian Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/26/2012i had a great time at Gangadin. The food was delicous, the service was impeccable, and the ambiance was wonderful.Special Features: