535 Ross St
Santa Rosa, CA 95401Neighborhood:
NepalesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ganesharestaurant.org/
- Phone: 7075953311
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Daily: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian, Nepalese, Asian
- Executive Chef: Pramal Nakarmi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Ganesha Restaurant
Born and raised in Kathmandu, Nepal, chef Pramal Nakarmi started cooking early in life and later immigrated to the US, bringing along his passion for the various Nepalese, Chinese, and Northern Indian flavors that define Himalayan cuisine. He continued his culinary career in kitchens throughout Baltimore and Washington, DC, before ending up in Santa Rosa, where he founded Ganesha Restaurant. Ganesha’s menu showcases recipes and cooking techniques from throughout the Himalayan region. In addition to forging nine curries with everything from cardamom and coconut to apricot and vinegar, the chefs also steam dumplings and roast skewered chicken in a clay tandoor oven. Collectively, the entrees manage to highlight each culture's culinary contributions while acknowledging their geographic connections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ganesha Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
- Can't use Open Table and Groupon!AlasConVIPDined on 8/27/2014Decent enough food and friendly waiter, but he did warn us we couldn't use our Groupon since we booked with OT. Odd, never had that be the case in any other place where we used both...I would recommend this to a friend.
- InconsistentBirdcallsVIPDined on 7/22/2014This is one of three Indian restaurants within a two block area. Ganesha does not stand out from the others. The room is open and attractive. The service is attentive and friendly. BUT the seasoning is inconsistent between dishes. We ordered "medium spicy" on all plates. One was appropriately spicy, while others were quite bland. We are familiar with and enjoy Indian food. If seasoning consistently matched the stated intensity, Ganesh would be a strong competitor in the area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 13 reviews are from the Ganesha Restaurant reviews archive.
- Fantastic Food & ExperienceSSUgraduateDined on 5/10/2014The staff at Ganesha Restaurant were fantastic! The food was amazing, some of it spicy, but we like spicy. Thank you Ganesha for helping us to celebrate my daughter's Sonoma State University graduation celebration with great food, wonderful & super friendly staff, and best of all . . . the best Indian cuisine I've had so far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!moeyDined on 3/8/2014We were going to a show in Santa Rosa and decided to look for a place to eat. Being vegetarians, it can be difficult to find anything besides risotto or pasta dishes. We love Indian food and the menu here was extensive. Delicious food and friendly people. The server couldn't have been more pleasant or attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014The service was great. And the menu was excellent. Indian food done at its best. The bathrooms could use some work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty AND DeliciousBearcanrunVIPDined on 2/22/2014A great find for Nepalese/Indian food. Well-rounded curries with good spice (they were almost too enthusiastic in inquiring whether the food was too spicy or not). I'd definitely recommend the Chili Momo. Their location is unfortunate — though conveniently placed within in downtown Santa Rosa walking distance, coming from the east end of Ross I was almost certain I was lost. However, Ross isn't very big and their restaurant front is actually setback within a niche.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceSteveDined on 2/9/2014What's not to like about Ganesha. The good was excellent, service outstanfing and very reasonably priced. Will absolutely go. Ack.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best "Indian" food in SoCo!SonyaniDined on 12/28/2013Thank goodness we tried Ganesha - the food is SO good (I was eating the tikka masala sauce with a spoon - leave none behind!)...plus both the apricot and mango curries were delicious. All the service staff is very sweet, attentive and friendly. My 2 year old loves the food and the staff. Will be back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOMEtishtash22Dined on 12/18/2013This place was absolutely delicious! My husband and I wanted to try something new and we are so happy we gave this place a try! We don't have a ton of experience with Nepalese food, but this restaurant provided great food with obvious Indian and Chinese roots. Everything was cooked to perfection. The ONLY subpar thing we had was the pickled vegetables. There was some kind of spice in it that neither my husband nor I cared for, but everything else was spot on. I would highly recommend this restaurant! A fun little addition is that there is an option to sit somewhat Thai style in booths where you sit cross-legged. We tried this for fun but due to our height (we both have long legs), it became slightly uncomfortable but fun to try nonetheless!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Many menu optionsMaxwellVIPDined on 8/22/2013If one is vegan (we're not), Ganesha offers a wide variety of menu options. We, instead, ordered the mixed Tandoori grill for two which offered copious amounts of well-prepared food. We were very pleased the hostess/waitress suggested a sauce into which we could dip our grilled meats; it was very tasty and made the meal even more enjoyable.
- Always friendly!JohnHVIPDined on 5/31/2013I like going into a restaurant that rememmbers me, my family, our "usual orders" and even what kind of beverages everyone likes. This place does an excellent job. And the food is good, prices good and overall atmosphere is very good.
- We went there got seated rightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/30/2013We went there got seated right away. Ordered apps right away got those and im pretty sure the waitress forgot that we wanted entres. She didnt ever come back we had to flag down someone to go get her, when she came she didnt understand half of what we wanted (language barear) so im pretty sure we got most of what we wanted with some extras that we didnt want. Overall the food was okay definitally not worth the price we paid for it, and the service was awful. I wont be going back , there are far better places in santa rosa thats quality food and they get your order right.
- Super-friendly and accommodatingJohnHVIPDined on 3/12/2013Super-friendly and accommodating staff! Made the experience fabulous.
- Food was very good and thejasperDined on 3/9/2013Food was very good and the reason to return. Ambiance feels like a "leftover' restaurant from whatever was in the space before. Tables/chairs not very comfortable - table for 4 too small to accommodate shared plates
- Not particularly scenic location,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013Not particularly scenic location, off the main streets of Santa Rosa, but we enjoyed a really great meal here. The food was excellent - I had a korma, and my husband had the mango curry, and both were delicious. They also offer each curry to be spiced to your preference, so you don't end up with something too hot/too mild. The prices are very reasonable, and the service very good. They have a small selection of local wines and beers from the Sonoma County area. If you are a fan of Indian/Nepalese food this is definitely worth checking out.Special Features: