87 West Street
Chagrin Falls, OH 44022Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gamekeepers.com/
- Phone: 4402477744x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wild Game
- Executive Chef: Alonzo Norman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Gamekeepers can accommodate private parties up to 20 guests during the summer & up to 35 guests during the winter. Some restrictions may apply.
- Private Party Contact: Matt Lutz 4402477744x
- Cross Street: Chagrin Blvd.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking is available on West Street as well as municipal parking areas in Chagrin Falls. There is also a valet service that is available to our guests at River Street Valet. Show your valet claim ticket and we will reimburse you the $3.00 fee
A word from Gamekeepers Taverne
Started in 1976 & nestled in the village of Chagrin Falls, this historic restaurant offers cozy, fireside dining or alfresco courtyard service. The American traditional fare features fresh seafood, steaks, chops, pastas & signature wild game. Voted best outdoor dining experience by both Cleveland Magazine & Silver Spoons. While visiting Gamekeeper's Taverne, you are welcome to explore the adjacent Inn of Chagrin Falls. Fifteen beautifully appointed guest rooms warm this country lodging experience. Attached to the Inn and restaurant is the little bar, a wine and martini bar and outdoor patio. Located right next door is the West End Bistro and Bar, featuring sharing appetizers and small plates in a cozy and hip setting. West End also features outdoor seating on another beautiful patio.Continued
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLINE RESERVATIONS ARE FOR INDOOR SEATING ONLY.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLINE RESERVATIONS ARE FOR INDOOR SEATING ONLY.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Gamekeepers Taverne - Best Restaurants in Chagrin Falls ›
Gamekeepers Taverne reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (94)neighborhood gem (61)fit for foodies (45)special occasion (42)great for lunch (36)romantic (31)good for groups (23)vibrant bar scene (19)scenic view (15)hot spot (12)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (8)notable wine list (7)great for brunch (7)Show More
- FranVIPDined on 9/12/2014Very dissointed with quality of food. I ordered a steak med rare, it came back very rare, I sent it back and it came back all brown, no pink anywhere. I was never asked of it was ok now, so I just left it on the plate. It is pretty hard to mess up a steak order.Special Features:
- High prices/good food $atmosphereLishDined on 9/12/2014We went here for my husbands birthday and they sat us at a nice private booth. The food and drinks were good it's just a little more than we usually spend eating out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb As AlwaysRodWDined on 9/6/2014Had always travelled there for a summer luncheon with special friends. The quality and presentation is excellent...the menu variety rewarding.Special Features:
- Somewhat disappointingSurelDined on 8/31/2014We have always considered this to be a "destination" spot for special occasions, but I was somewhat disappointed by the food at this visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still charming after 12 years awayLousterDined on 8/29/2014My husband and I moved away from Cleveland in 2002 and had previously dined here many times . We were back in the area for a wedding and chose to go back for old times sake. It's still lovely , with great little nooks and crannies for either very private dining or the patio for the bustling atmosphere. We both chose meat entrees which were prepared as ordered and the roasted broccoli will make anyone love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- valentinesdayVIPDined on 8/22/2014My trout was excellent, but my husband rated his pork chop average. we had an 8:00pm reservation, & when we asked if we could be seated outside they said it would be at least 1 -1/2 hrs. however when we looked outside at 8:30 the patio was pretty dead! Inside looks tired - could use freshening up!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New chef, new menu = DissapointmentDaveVIPDined on 8/22/2014Food quality was less than expected from past visits. New menu items have replaced time honored favorites, such as Angel Hair Pasta.Special Features:
- DelightfulSuzanneDined on 8/18/2014I always enjoy going to Gamekeepers. In the summer, the back patio is essential. In the winter, the little bar and the room with the fireplace are my favorites. My only hesitation for others is the price. I just took a girlfriend there for a small celebration. We both had an appetizer and then dinner. No drinks; just water. No pricey specials. We managed to spend $90 + tip.Special Features:
- Great SpotMPRNCRDined on 8/10/2014Excellent food as always. Service was not up to usual standards.Special Features:
- ReliableSRLSRVIPDined on 8/10/2014Always good, reliable food. Fun place to sit outside and enjoy the company!Special Features:
- Gamekeepers tavernSamtroutDined on 8/9/2014I brought my wife back here because it was our two year anniversary , I proposed after our first dinner there. Last time the food was amazing I had the poached pear salad literally the best salad I have ever had , so I was looking forward to it again this time is was very disappointing no fried goat cheese topper tiny plate salad. We also ordered calamari which was the best I have ever had, but didn't get to enjoy it because they Rushed our entrees out , I can't let $40 elk go cold. The entire meal went way to fast , the only time my wife and myself had a babysitter for our three kids we were out at records pace and we even had drinks but we felt rushed out of there .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can always count on for qualityKaminDined on 8/9/2014Food is always fresh and well-prepared. A little expensive, but the meals are always good -- as well as the service. Pleasant dining both indoors and outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceLaLaVIPDined on 8/9/2014I've eaten here for many years, but this time around surpassed other experiences. The menu included enough variety to please many palates (in the past, a lot of game has given non-game loving diners limited choice); the service was accomplished, and the food itself was truly excellent. We had requested the patio but it was already full, so we started off feeling a little disappointed given the inside seating, but our table turned out to be superb. Very cozy and comfortable, we were happy with everything about the dinner. In fact, we plan to go back in 2 weeks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- traveltooVIPDined on 8/4/2014The patio was very enjoyable and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableMelissaVIPDined on 8/3/2014We enjoyed a lovely dinner on the terrace. I was disappointed at the lack of disclosure that the inside restaraunt is not handicap accessible. We were very lucky that seating was available outside. For a Sunday evening, the restaraunt was busy. By the time we left all of the outdoor tables were full. Several folks were seated inside. Aside from the lack of handicap accessibility, everything was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gamekeepers TaverneAnniversaryDined on 7/31/2014Enjoyed a tasteful, leisurely dinner. Excellent service and unique menu choices.Special Features:
- Lovely setting trumps foodMargaretVIPDined on 7/30/2014With just a bit more tweaking (maybe lessen the menu options to give full attention to fewer entrees), the food offerings will match up to the pleasant surroundings and attentive service. The fish tacos are a miss, with too little fish and no lettuce in a sad, make-your-own arrangement. Pasta shapes were too big to eat whole, but too unwieldy to cut, with a disappointedly ordinary taste. Entree salads are the best bet -- plentiful portion and nicely done.Special Features:
- Overall Great ExperienceAlecDined on 7/23/2014The food was fantastic! If you haven't tried it before, get the elk! A very romantic setting. Ask for Micah for your waiter. Great guy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place2boycrazyDined on 7/20/2014Went to dinner with my parents and took my 7 and 9 year old sons. The outdoor seating was very nice and a good place to sit if you ave kids. The waiter was very knowledgeable and pleasant. My boys both ordered the filet paired with french fries but they do have a verbal kids menu (chicken fingers, pizza or pasta). My husband had the elk and enjoyed it very much. All of us were pleased with our entrees. It was a nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one disappointmentwhatDined on 7/19/2014I made reservations on-line. There was a special request section where I stated that we were coming to celebrate my mother's birthday. My sisters and I wanted to make this extra special since we just lost our stepfather a month ago. The staff overlooked her birthday that night. That was my disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/15/2014Good food, but very pricey. A salmon salad was $26.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor Dining at its BestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Great food and atmosphere in beautiful Chagrin Falls. The menu has some unique choices that can't be found in other restaurants and the setting is like no other in Cleveland. An wonderful experience that can be topped off w/a stroll by the falls.Special Features:
- Great Food and AtmosphereKGinClevelandDined on 7/11/2014Selected Gamekeeper to take out of town guests. The experience couldn't have been better. Great outdoor table on a wonderful evening. Service spot on and attentive. Great salads for light appetite and plenty of hearty fare for those with a bigger appetite. Really appreciate the staff accommodating our request for outdoor table for our out of town guest. They were impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT GAMEFOODIE4MeVIPDined on 7/11/2014This place always keeps you savoring - fresh food ideas - wonderful Halibut, black rice, Salmon salad with fresh cucumber dressing-YUM!!! They even take care of the vegetarian/vegans in the family. We keep coming back for the wonderful variety of dishes! 'Older' wait person loved talking with the 'men' in our group but came off being distant with the gals in the group-she needs to work on being more friendly with everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WeaveDined on 7/11/2014Pathetic service, management, clam chowder(if that's what you call it), food average at best. A huge disappointment.Special Features:
- DaanaDined on 7/10/2014Always a new and seasonal menu. The food and service are always good. We sat outside, and it was a lovely evening all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful outdoor lunchluv2dineBBTVIPDined on 7/9/2014Wonderful outdoor lunch. The patio is better than ever with newer furnishings and umbrella and brick wall. I ordered salmon and it could not have been better as was the baby broccoli and glazed carrots.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/3/2014Our first time back in more than a decade and we were rather disappointed. Our waitress was friendly but clueless. The food was good but nothing special. I wonder if the summer is a weak period for them, given their schtick.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/3/2014We always enjoy the food and atmosphere at Gamekeeper's. At this visit, however, our entrees arrived while we were still eating our appetizers. This made us feel rushed and discouraged me from ordering that glass of wine with dinner. In spite of this, we love this place & will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GameskeeperSROBBDined on 6/30/2014Good food and service along with the charm of Chagrin Falls. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/24/2014Enjoyed another beautiful outdoor lunch. Service and food were great in lovely setting.Special Features:
- wonderful foodaloeverapeciaDined on 6/21/2014knowledgeable staff in a lovely environment that serves delicious game meats. The night I went had pheasant, venison, wild boar, and elk all on the menu, as well as an assortment of staple meats and a couple vegetarian options. Everything was delicious. I can't wait to go backSpecial Features:
- something differentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2014Loved the decor! waitress was very polite and attentive. Nice quiet place to get away w/great food. If I had to complain I'd say the menu is limitedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night diningRecorderDined on 6/20/2014The service was excellent. We had the perfect table and the food was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerTurtleDined on 6/19/2014Haven't been to the Gamekeepers in a few years and in that time it appears to have lost sight of it's origins. The Gamekeeper was one of the old Chagin Falls "haunts" where you got a substantial meal, a "country club" drink and a waiter who knew what the chef had well prepared plus any details of your presence, never inexpensive, but always a good value. Currently; the food good, menu selections modest, portions small, still not inexpensive, but with a programmed wait staff, not a good value. I realize the Chagin Falls area is changing in it's demographics and as such the incoming clientel don't have the same opinion of these values. It's still a nice old resturant and I'm hoping they can regroup. They completely forgot my wifes birthday.Special Features:
- gamekeepers in the summer timesharonDined on 6/18/2014gamekeepers is the best in the summer. there is nothing like sitting on a patio with friends, relaxing, and having a great lunch. their food is always good. service could be better but they are busy, its summer!Special Features:
- Great patioFoodwinelvr123Dined on 6/14/2014Great selection of good but I was a little disappointed in my scallop dish. It wasn't very got, however ambiance is great and everything else was very good. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doomed from the startkjweDined on 6/14/2014I made reservations online, indicated it was a special occasion and requested a table with a view. When we arrived they did not have any record of the reservation or the special request. We were seated at a table near the doorway, with no view at all.The front bar was completely empty, closed and unstaffed. Very uninviting. When we mentioned to our server that the menu was different than the one online, the waiter said the chef of 25 years had recently retired and therefore the new chef would be going in a different direction. The highlight of the meal was a beet salad, but it ended there. No atmosphere AT ALL.Staff seemed too casual and did not appear to care. Complimentary glass of champagne was nice though.
- Not what it used to beOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Gamekeepers used to be a great restaurant; I hadn't been in several years & came from out of town for a special occasion, making reservations the evening before. Our reservations were misplaced, the service was extremely slow and disinterested, and the food was similar to what one could find at a "mom and pop" diner. This restaurant is certainly not what it used to be, and definitely not worth the prices. A very telling detail: instead of a teaspoon being provided with coffee, we were given plastic coffee stirrers (just like you'd get at McDonald's). I don't know who's in charge now, but they obviously care little about their business & certainly will never see me again.
- Poor food qualitypaprikashDined on 6/13/2014We liked the neighborhood and our waitress was helpful and attentive. My elk loin came out beyond well done the first time and when they remade it was still flavorless. The risotto side was ok, but the mushrooms were burnt to ash. Our appetizers weren't much better. I'd be embarrassed to recommend this place to a friend.