Game On Fenway
82 Lansdowne St
Boston, MA 02215Neighborhood:
Kenmore Square / Fenway
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Game On Fenway
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gameonboston.com/
- Phone: 6173517001
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Wednesday: 11:30am - 1:00am
Thursday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Patrick Shea
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Tarah Mahoney 6173517001
- Entertainment: With over 90 high definition televisions, a state of the art sound system and cutting edge technology, Game On! is America’s premier sports viewing venue. We offer NFL Sunday Ticket, College Football Game Day, MLB Season Ticket, NBA, NHL,and Sentana Sports.
- Special Events: Book your next event or private party with us. Take batting practice in the visiting teams batting cage at Fenway Park!
- Cross Street: Brookline Ave
- Public Transit: MTBA Train - Kenmore Square (Green Line) MTBA Bus - Kenmore Square / Brookline Ave
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Brookline Street, Lansdowne Street, Yawkey Way, Parking is also available in two local garages. The Landmark Center and Trilogy both located on Brookline Ave.
A word from Game On Fenway
Game On! is a multi-media sports bar, entertainment destination combining the best of sports viewing and casual American dining. Game On! opened it’s doors in 2005 with the sole mission of being the answer to every sports fans dreams. We have the best viewing, sound, food, service and atmosphere to provide a fan experience that is close to indescribable. We realize that a true sports fan is a unique person who wants and needs it all!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Game On Fenway reviews from OpenTable diners
- ClosedAmati1670VIPDined on 2/2/2014The restaurant was closed . I already wrote to the open table people. We were not happy. V
- Terrible Servicejrm975Dined on 9/12/2013My husband and I went here before attending a show at House of Blues. We were sat by the hostess and after 15 minutes of sitting there I had to find a waitress. There were 4 that I could see. I don't know it the hostess didn't communicate to a waitress we were there or if everyone just forgot. It was not busy all the workers were standing at the door talking. The waitress I went up to said " that is not my table but I will take care of you" We ordered drinks and nachos, both were great the nachos were tasty and the portion was huge. We ate them and waited, and waited. She never came back to take our food order. Again I went to get her and told her she forgot about us and she said I'm sorry, I did. We left without eating dinner.Special Features:
- A Fenway TreatSamGDined on 10/28/2012Great place to watch a game (or many at one time) with above average bar food!Special Features:
- We made a reservation beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2012We made a reservation before a concert so it was a very busy time. However our order wasn't correct and took a long time.Special Features:
- Great location for FenwayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2012Great location for Fenway events including Springsteen. Prompt friendly service. I was so glad I reserved through Open Table because I didn't have to wait in line and there was a long one. Plenty of seating, and very energetic ambiance. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Cheese fries were less thandunnVIPDined on 7/25/2012Cheese fries were less than ideal, but burgers were good.Special Features:
- Their flatbread was reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/1/2012Their flatbread was really yummy, huge portions so definitely a great place for watching games with friends.Special Features:
- Fair food and service. Goodfitch94Dined on 4/17/2012Fair food and service. Good Ambiance. Just over priced for what you get. You can do better in the area.Special Features:
- Nothing too adventurous onOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/9/2012Nothing too adventurous on the menu, but the three of us really enjoyed our meals; my husband thought the pretzel wrapped burger was fab, the monster grilled cheese & tomato soup was thoroughly enjoyable, and the pulled pork sandwich was the right combination of sweet and spicy. My only issue was that they couldn't find my reservation. I gave my name, told them I had a reservation & they said they couldn't find it; the good news is we were seated right away anyway. I double checked again after our meal so they wouldn't mark us a no show, but again, they said they couldn't find it. This was ok for a Friday in the off season, but it makes me a bit concerned about getting reservations there when I have tickets for a Sox game.Special Features:
- Game On great time!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/5/2012Had a Great time at Game On!! Went for the Super Bowl, tablet was reserved for us, got right in! The waitress was great, so was the food!! Only downside was a hostess was very rude when asked a question about a contest they were doing that night! Acted like she didnt want to be bothered by my question and told she "didnt make the questions"! Other then that one rude hostess, I had a great time and would of gave a outstanding overall rating!Special Features:
- Best place by far to watchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/22/2012Best place by far to watch a Pats game! We had an awesome time watching the AFC Championship game downstairs. The service was outstanding and the wings and nachos are the best around.Special Features:
- Great place to go before,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/7/2012Great place to go before, during or after any sporting events. Loud but that's the fun part! Loved it! Will definitely go back. We made a reservation for a very busy day.. There was a huge line of people waiting to get in but the restaurant honored the reservation and sat us immediately with no problem. Very impressive.Special Features:
- Attentive Service and Lively CrowdOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/7/2012Went to have some food and watch the Bruin's game. Service was prompt, the food was good and the atmosphere was great for watching the game. Lively crowd, lots of TV's made for a fun time. I would go back for another game in the future.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2011Was here off season with no activity at Fenway so a very different exoerince than when there is a game on
- Fun atmosphere and screensOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/5/2011Fun atmosphere and screens galore to suit any sports appetite. Not pleased that the open table reservation was for a booth by the upstairs bar(I wouldn't have reserved a bar seat upstairs!!). Our waitress was aweful and food over cooked. They were not helpful and did not change to the games people actually wanted to see (like #1 vs #2), and kept on things that not 1 table in screenshot was watching, yet it was our mainview. We had 5 pluspeople and were put at a tiny table and told they were fully reserved. Yet not 30 minutes in the table next to us complained about the lack of good tv station choice, as we did, and was given a couch table right away. Obviously not booked!! Would not recommend the place when busy or on Sat night's.
- Don't GoOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/19/2011Food quality was poor and I was not expecting a lot based on it being a restaurant inside a baseball stadium. Wings were overcooked and dry, the chowder was honestly the worst I have ever had and the quesadillas were greasy. Each had 2 beers and for 75 bucks, we won't we back.Special Features:
- Our group of 5 enjoyed severalOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2011Our group of 5 enjoyed several appetizers and several beverages prior to the Red Sox and Rays game on Sep 13. The atmosphere was great, and we had a table close to the street, so we could feel the excitement leading up to the game. The service was great, and I will definitely visit Game On restaurants again. Unfortunately, the Red Sox lost, though.Special Features:
- Never again.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2011I would NOT go again. The food was not that special, the service was awful and it was so loud that my husband and I had to yell to one another to be heard.
- Great sports bar outside ofOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2011Great sports bar outside of Fenway Park. The Hostess didn't just seat us, she asked us which game we would like to watch , then sat us at a table with a great view of the game.Special Features:
- The Music was way too loud,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2011The Music was way too loud, it spoiled an otherwise outstanding mealSpecial Features:
- Game On! Reservation Off?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/5/2011I arrived at 6pm for my 6pm reservation and was told I had to wait in a line a block long. There was a Red Sox Yankees game I was attending at 7pm and did not have time for this. I asked to see the manager and he managed to get me in to see the hostess who then told me my reservation was downstairs and to see the hostess there. I had made reservations in June for an August dinner and was pretty annoyed. I had my daughter with me and di not appreciate having to talk my way into honoring my reservation. The food was good and our waitress was nice but the fight I had to put up to get GameOn to honor my reservation took the wind right out of my sails. Too bad as I had never been there before and am now not eager to return.
- food was good - portion wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2011food was good - portion was a bit small. Never had beer in a metal bottle beforeSpecial Features:
- Never Again...OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 6/15/2011Had a reservation for the the final game of the Bruins Stanley Cup for 6 people, 2 friends in our group had to arrive a little closer to game time due to work (one of whom was pregnant) and they wouldn't let them in. I certainly understand "capacity/regulations" however, 1) we had a reservation for 6 people, shouldn't that have been taken into the total count, we had two open seats at our table, made no sense, managers were rude, saying we actually didn't have a reservation, are you kidding me.... 2) witnessed managers "sneaking" people in the back door...unbelievable...won't go back...too many other great sports bars (Remy's, Cask N' Flagon, The Fours) in Boston that actually care about their hub customers
- 1st time there was an awsomeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/20111st time there was an awsome dining for my son and myselfSpecial Features:
- Too noisy!!82muchVIPDined on 5/22/2011We haven't been here in a while, and dropped in for a pre-game dinner. WOW - the noise level is unbearable! The music and the TVs are blaring so that you can't possibly have a conversation, so you're forced to wolf down your food and leave. The food is still good and quite inventive for a pub, but it's clearly not intended for lingering or talking.
- The food is typical boringOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/22/2011The food is typical boring bar-food that you can get anywhere, but overpriced. The management still doesn't get it: The bar is inside Fenway Park!! 99% of the patrons are there to attend a ball game or watch it on TV within the confines of the park; and everyone is there to talk about sports....not get overwhelmed by dance music. There are plenty of dance clubs on the other side of the street.
- loud -- There to watch theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/7/2011loud -- There to watch the Celtics - Heat game -----The DJ was very loud during the commercials.Special Features:
- Game On was "on" for Celtics!cageyleftyVIPDined on 4/22/2011No better place for watching a Celtics playoff game, or other big games. Solid food, very good service, energetic crowd!Special Features:
- Sarah, patient waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/13/2011Sarah was our waitress. We came in for the game, which at point was not determined to be canceled due to the rain. When she approached us we told her in advance we were waiting for the game decision and would be taking our time with food ordering and eating. Totally understandable, she did NOT rush the service, and was at "our" pace while checking in frequently. That is hard in the restaurant business. She was great!
- Very good comfort styleChrispieDined on 3/8/2011Was off-peak time of year, food is very good, comfort style. Wait staff was friendly, courteous, and not bad-looking....Special Features:
- Awesome place to catch a game....foJisebodenDined on 3/3/2011Awesome place to catch a game....food was great & staff was accomidatingSpecial Features:
- We went to Game On! duringOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/16/2011We went to Game On! during a Patriots playoff game. It was the ultimate fan experience!Special Features:
- Game on Boston dissapointsUGuysRockVIPDined on 1/15/2011We walked in on a Sunday at 1pm and were the only 3 people in the entire restaurant. We went to watch the Boston Bruins play (as we were in Boston) and aksed if they planned on turning on the volume for the game. The bartender said they frown upon doing that and that Mgt would be upset if he did. We ordered a Miller Lite draft and they said we had to wait until they changed the keg (couldn't have done it the night before)? Things didn't get off on the right foot so we canceled our order and went across the street to the Boston Beer Works, had a great time and there were 30-40 other folks there to help make the atmosphere festive. Game On dissapointed (for the first time). Did the AC location many times and it always satisfied.
- A group of 6 of us traveledOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/30/2010A group of 6 of us traveled to Boston for the weekend to eventually enjoy the Patriots/Vikings game on Sunday afternoon. While in Boston we wanted a great sports experience and chose Game On for our dinner location Saturday night for the food options, location near Fenway, and the Ohio State support in the basement bar. The food was delicious, the menu items were great, and the sports ambiance was unbeatable. If you're ever in Boston, near Fenway or just want a sports bar experience, definitely chec out Game On!Special Features:
- The food here is really goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/9/2010The food here is really good and filling. The servers are very patient and cooperative. They don't mind you staying for the whole game, just make sure to tip them accordingly, because they deserve it. It can get very loud in here so if you want to have a conversation while eating, this may not be the place for you. There are so many TVs and no matter what game is on, you'll be able to see it wherever you are in the place.Special Features:
- Service was great. Yes it'sOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/7/2010Service was great. Yes it's a bit noisy, but this is a sports bar - where it's suppose to be loud. I tried the Mac-n-Cheese, which I was surprised (and thankful) that it wasn't made with cheez wiz. Actually, it was one of the best Mac-n-Cheese dishes I've had (and it rates up there with that other Mac-n-Cheese dish by a restaurant known for its giant sized comfort food portions on Newbury Street).Special Features:
- The food was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/7/2010The food was excellent and the service was as well. Our waitress brought us "fresh" glasses of water when she noticed the ones we had were getting low instead of just refilling them!Special Features:
- Love game on - perfect forOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/7/2010Love game on - perfect for pre and post red sox games. However, I was annoyed that I was the last to arrive for my 5:30pm dinner reservation and was told that I still had to go wait in line for another 10-15 minutes even though everyone else was already at the dinner table waiting for me. Should be able to get right in if you have a dinner reservation.
- We had a great experienceLynnVIPDined on 4/3/2010We had a great experience at Game On Fenway. I had made reservations via Open Table for a birthday/play-off celebration and was pleased with the private lounge space overlooking the bar downstairs that they gave us. It worked out great for the large group of people who ended up coming and going at various times. The food was very good, especially the appetizers, and the service was exceptional. You could watch the game from every angle and having a private TV in the lounge space was a real plus. I would recommend this lively bar/restaurant to anyone who enjoys sports and good food in a vibrant setting!Special Features:
- My friends and I LOVED GameOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/10/2010My friends and I LOVED Game On Fenway! The burgers were great, our server always anticipated our needs, and the atmosphere was ideal. Being a New England sports fan, I can't imagine a better place to enjoy a great game.Special Features: