Gallop Asian Bistro
793 Rt 202 N
Bridgewater, NJ 08807Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Gallop Asian Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://gallopbistro.com/
- Phone: 9082109161x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Fusion / Eclectic, Asian
- Executive Chef: Dou Jian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Entertainment, Fireplace, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Friday and Saturday nights from 7:30pm to 9:30 pm, Live Jazz/Classical performers.
A word from Gallop Asian Bistro
Gallop Asian Bistro is officially open!!! We are currently open from 11am to 9:30pm. Stop down to check out our great deals on our Lunch Menu from 11-3, or for an extravagant Dinner Entree such as our Cubed Pumpkin in Scallion and Ginger Sauce! Also don't forget our Sushi Bar, or table service Sushi! I hope to see all of you soon, and please spread the word!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gallop Asian Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (5)good for groups (5)fit for foodies (3)great for lunch (3)neighborhood gem (3)special occasion (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Clueless ServersSteveDVIPDined on 9/20/2014Food was very very good, but our server didnt know what the specials were and couldnt answer questions about he menu without going to ask the chef (?).Special Features:
- excelllent asian restaurantYeeatWarrenDined on 9/6/2014I'm excited to has such well managed Asian restaurant. It's quite up scale without very high prices. Many choices of food with a limited alcohol licences to serve NJ wines. The restaurant is spacious, and has its own building. I believe it's a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food quality decreasedDinnerXDined on 8/30/2014food quality decreased. For the same disk, it was excellent months ago, it was OK one month ago and not good this time. I suspected the master chef was replaced, or absent recently.Special Features:
- Classy But Comfortable AsianOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/5/2014Our party (4 adults) dined here on something of a whim, but Gallop Asian Bistro turned out to be a nice surprise. Décor was sleek yet inviting, service was attentive and accommodating, and although there were a fair number of families with young kids, the atmosphere was calm and serene. Appetizers (sushi, dumplings, and spring rolls) were a hit with all; entrees ranged from so-so (mei fun with too many noodles and not enough fun) to very good (a flavorful duck stir-fry)--but menu options were extensive, so we would certainly go back when in the mood for Asian food in an atmosphere that's a cut above the usual, sometimes hectic Asian dining options. Bringing our own beer/wine made for a reasonable dinner tab, as well.Special Features:
- Gallop to GallopWineandDineDined on 6/20/2014The food was tasty and the service was attentive. The booths were really nice, but the other seating was pretty stark. It was a very large space and the name Bistro doesn't really fit. I would go back and explore the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 85 reviews are from the Gallop Asian Bistro reviews archive.
- Okad2013VIPDined on 6/13/2014The food was good, but the service was subpar. We had a reservation but ended up in the "party room". Our food came out sporadically, and it seemed they were more focused on other tables.
- Good food, cold receptiondanmatyolaDined on 5/29/2014This was my second visit to Gallop. As before, the food was tasty and well-presented. The service was prompt, efficient and friendly. The "ambiance" is a bit cold and unfriendly, however. The night we were there, the air conditioning was blasting out so much cold air that we had difficulty enjoying our meals.Special Features:
- Good food, average servicejl28Dined on 5/24/2014Wait staff is very young, which by itself is not bad. However this group needs a bit of polish. When we needed a straw for a drink, the waitress tossed it on the table to let it roll across, rather than bringing it in a wrapper, and handing it to one of us. It was hard to also get attention from the wait staff when we needed something, they easily got distracted on their way to the intended table and then never came back. Worst of all, we ended up there on a night with a party of 70 people in the side room, something we were not informed of when we arrived. This caused us to receive one entre after a reasonable time, and then the remainder of our dishes about 20 minutes later. By then the first dish had gotten cold.
- Great food, nice serviceJerseygirlDined on 5/23/2014Special order a bit pricy but taste was great. It is often a good choice when we have a party of more than 4 or 5Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a second chance...Funfab5Dined on 5/23/2014My family and I noticed the last time we visited Gallop that we had to wait an exceptionally long time to get our food. The waiter mentioned that the kitchen concentrates on to-go orders and has the dine-in customers waiting. We didn't appreciate waiting 60 minutes for food (with 3 kids) and then paying $$$ to eat a $30 meal. We gave it a second chance and this time when we entered the nearly empty restaurant we were seated at a slapped-together table next to an emergency exit. When we asked for one of the many open booths, we were told they were "reserved" for people with later reservations. Um, guys - we're standing right here. Poor service for too high a price- not happening for this family anymore.
- Great Asian FoodTlikestoeatoutDined on 5/17/2014I've been looking for a restaurant on the area that offers authentic Asian/Chinese dishes since moving here over 20 years ago. We finally have it at Gallop. Our party of 5 all agreed. We ordered a variety of dishes. Sushi was delicious. Shredded pork in garlic sauce was outstanding. If you like your food spicy, they are willing to kick it up. The restaurant itself was lovely and we had wonderful service, courtesy of Ryan. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Hot foot, lukewarm serviceDiningDocVIPDined on 5/9/2014The food was served piping hot and was quite good. The service was lukewarm and left us waiting and waiting. It was 10 minutes between when we finished eating and when we finally got the server's attention so we could get our check.
- Disappointing Meal at GallopOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/1/2014Met friends for dinner on a Thursday night. Assumed they had a bar, so didn't check. Turns out they don't and only sell wine by the bottle; which was fine. The service was slow in spite of the fact that they place was practically empty. The food was just ok. The wine was horrible. They only had different varieties of a local NJ wine. The first bottle we ordered was the chardonnay which was not very good. We decided to order a different type hoping it would be better, but this one was completely undrinkable. The bottles were $30 a piece; so we wasted $60! We will never go back to Gallop.
- DisappointmentFoodParadiso11Dined on 4/26/2014The ambience was nice. Server named Gina was very good. Food, mediocre. Didn't know that it had no bar, "Special Farm Wine List " we chose a white, was brought to the table warm, and wasn't told that it wasn't chilled. They gave us another bottle of chilled white but a different kind. All of the first kind we ordered was room temp. On a Sat. Evening at 7:30, all of your white wine should be COLD ! Someone dropped the ball on that one. Had different dishes between the 4 of us. Calif. roll was good. Miso soup, so-so. Beef & Broccoli, a bit too salty ( & I like salt ) & broccoli not blanched enough. Should have all been tossed together so I didn't have a pool of water at the bottom of my plate. Avocado salad had way too much dressing. Not good
- Had a reservation and whendollfaceDined on 3/29/2014Had a reservation and when we arrived the restaurant was empty with plenty available tables. However, instead of sitting in the main dinning area we were seated in a room that was entertaining 2 large parties. There was lots of noise and people from the party moving all around us. I can understand this seating if they were busy, but they weren't and didn't seem to be understaffed that they couldn't serve us in the main dinning area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fourth visit to GallopPottygirlDined on 3/28/2014I describe the restaurant to friends as "upscale Chinese food". I receive strange looks until my friends dine there and only then to they understand. This was my fourth visit to Gallop with a group.Our server was very friendly and catered to all our requests and needs. We were a group of 5 and each thoroughly enjoyed appetizers, dinner and dessert. I would recommend to all and plan to dine there often.Special Features:
- Went there for lunch and wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/20/2014Went there for lunch and was not given a lunch menu until we inquired if there was one. Was never told they had a lunch special going on - for each entre ordered, a soft drink would be included. Well we ordered soft drinks and they charged us for them. Did not see the special posted on the board up front until we were leaving. They ripped us off because we didnt know to say anything. The food was just mediocre. Nothing special to have us go back again. There are other better restsurants I would rather go to then this one.
- Good food at great pricesyumyumDined on 3/8/2014We had a lovely time at this place. This was our first time at Gallops. The ambiance was good and food was delicious. Since we went on the weekend, they had a pianist there which added to our experience. The service was excellent also. Plan to go there often. Highly recommend if you like good Chinese food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodMegngregDined on 2/28/2014We were offered a special appetizer that wasn't on the menu and it was fantastic. Our food came out quickly and it was great! It was our first time there, but we will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing serviceTaffDined on 2/22/2014Went there for a special occasion. Placed an order for appetizers and main course. After an hour, we had not received the appetizer and I asked the waiter, only to be told "I have no idea, guess they are busy". Then we received the main course without the appetizer, and we asked if we want the appetizer after the main course, which of course we didn't want. After complaining, he said he would take 10% off our order. Meal was average.Special Features:
- Awful service.... Food wasGeorgeDined on 2/22/2014Awful service.... Food was average... Waited 1hr for appetizer alone... They totally forgot about my wife's meal....
- Not this timenncyp1Dined on 2/22/2014We've been to the Bistro a few times already. All were positive experiences up until last night. The food was very good, as always, but the service was poor. It seemed to be a combination of an inexperienced wait person and another party next to our table that seemed to be acquaintances of the management that created a less than optimal situation. Had to get up a couple of times to check on the status of our order, only to get parts of the order, including items we did not order. I will give it another chance. If they are the same, I am done with them.I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/20/2014This was our second visit to this restaurant and the food was just as good as our first visit. We all ordered something different and all orders were equally delicious and very fresh. The service was timely and the staff very friendly. I wish we could have been rewarded OpenTable points for my effort to book through your web site!Special Features:
- The food and service was exquisitePauletteDined on 2/16/2014The food and service was exquisite and fresh! The pepper steak melted in your mouth. Our waitress, Rachel, was sweeter than sweet. Very, very kind and patient as we waited for my son to arrive, who got there an hour late from getting lost. Now one of our favorite places to go.....definitely returning more than once!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun but LongKlewbrewDined on 2/15/2014Appies were tasty with good creativity . Two Dinners out of 4 were put in the computer wrong Which added another 20 minutes to the 2 hr and 15 minute total time. Brown rice arrived when we were Finished and the extra sauce never made it. The food made it worth the wait & byob helped pass the very long time but was charged full price with no offer for the 3 errors. Waitress seemed new, inexperienced and overwhelmed. Tipped her well Being we felt sorry for her.Special Features:
- We have been there 3 timesGfamDined on 2/14/2014We have been there 3 times already and its a favorite!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodNothard2pleaseDined on 2/14/2014We found both the authentic Chinese and the American Chinese food to be of high quality ingredients and tasty sauces/spices. They had a variation of spicy Chinese hot pot cooked in a stir fry instead of broth that was unique and delicious. We will return for that alone. Service was friendly and respectful, but slow and they forgot one of our appetizers. The overall experience was good enough that I would write that off as a one-time event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just so-so. Bland.Dining4FunDined on 2/14/2014When we approached the hostess podium, one of them seemed quite frantic. No greeting or welcome. We were seated by the kitchen, so we were able to witness the frantic confusion going on there as well! Food was good, not great. Veg lettuce wraps were filled with what appeared to be frozen veg succotash. It tasted bland and plain, no spice or sauce at all. Gen Tso Chicken tasted good, but nothing special about it. The veg fried rice was bland. Our waiter was good, though, and took care of us, refilling drinks, etc. He apologized for everything taking so long. We weren't in a hurry, so it was fine with us to have a leisurely meal. But it was hard to relax, let alone have a romantic dinner, with all those panicked workers running around!Special Features:
- Yummy as alwaysEBWSDined on 2/14/2014Had another nice dining experience at Gallop. Food and service were great. Wait staff was attentive. Food from sushi bar and kitchen came out almost at same time. Sushi was fresh. Everyone enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food qualityLoreleiDined on 2/8/2014Everyone in our party of 4 had a great meal. Relaxed atmosphere, excellent service, food portions and quality. I will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food at Gallop was outstanding!Megan2016Dined on 2/8/2014The food at Gallop was outstanding! Some of the best Asian food I've had! Our server was awesome too!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jim k.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/31/2014Service was horrible. Had to flag down a person just to get menus. There were 5 in our group all dinners brought out one at a time. 15 minutes from the first to last. Never received our appetizers. Food was tasty but so overspiced that 2 people couldn't eat their meal. My wife took her fish dinner home and washed off the fish and ate it with rice and was delicious.
- Authentic Szechuan Style FoodNJEaterDined on 1/31/2014Probably the best authentic Szechuan food. You have to order from the Chinese menu or ask for recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no better than takeoutfoodie81Dined on 1/18/2014Decor is modern and upscale. This used to be an IHOP, but you would never know. Our waiter was friendly and attentive, but service was very slow. It took about half an hour just to get our appetizers. We ordered the pan fried pork dumplings and they were delicious--the best part of the meal. For dinner, I had the black pepper beef and my husband had szechuan scallops. The scallops were not that spicy and a little chewy. The sauce on my dish was tasty, but the beef was not very good quality. It was chewy and fatty. Overall, the food was no better than Chinese takeout and for twice the price. Will not be coming back.
- Turn on the heatRezaDined on 1/18/2014I took the family here because my daughter was excited to have the fried rice with shrimp. The atmosphere was modern and very nice. However we had to eat with out coats on because it was freezing in the restaurant. When we looked at the wine list all they offer is unionville vineyards bottles that average $30 each and no individual glasses can be poured. It is a BYOB but we did not know before hand. The wait staff including our waiter seemed very overwhelmed all night. Because of this our service suffered dramatically. Plates weren't cleared, refills forgotten, i had to put all the leftovers in the boxes myself. The food was good but It is standard take out Chinese food that I could have gone anywhere to pick up and bring home.
- Very nice restaurant. We willRaymondDined on 1/13/2014Very nice restaurant. We will be back. The service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Very confused staff.dnspnrDined on 1/4/2014The food was good, but they have a lot of bugs to work out with the staff. The hostess and wait staff need better training. The kitchen needs to get meals out at the same time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchwineanddineVIPDined on 1/1/2014Nice selection of sushi. Service could have been better. Would probably go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Layout of restaurant offersDiningExplorerDined on 12/31/2013Layout of restaurant offers tables with quasi-private and public space. Decor contributes to contemporary Oriental ambiance. Kung Pao shrimp & chicken stir-fry modified with string beans and carrots in lieu of cashews and bell peppers were flavorful. Size of the portions we found to be just right for the stir-fry & slightly smaller than desired for the K-P shrimp. Restaurant was understaffed as acknowledged by the manager & service level reflected diminished attention by our server & confusion over the modified stir-fry entree that was ordered which led to entrees being delivered to the table at different times. Manager handled the issue to our satisfaction. We would like to return to the restaurant and try other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise receipt, watch outOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/26/2013I was surprised when water handed me the receipt because one entree was charged $32 but price on the menu is $24. This was explained by the staff saying ' we gave you a bigger piece'. I would like to ask, if I feel the portion of the entree is too small which we often found this is the case whenever we are there, can we ASK to REDUCE the price when we are done with our dining? This is not a pleasant dining experiences.I would recommend this to a friend.