5 Grove Street
Ridgefield, CT 06877Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://galloridgefield.com/
- Phone: 2034317726
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Gallo Ristorante
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gallo Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (46)neighborhood gem (34)fit for foodies (26)special occasion (25)good for groups (20)romantic (14)kid-friendly (13)vibrant bar scene (11)great for lunch (11)notable wine list (9)great for brunch (7)hot spot (7)late-night find (3)Show More
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014My wife & I went to Gallo for dinner & were warmly greeted & received outstanding service. The Spaghetti alla Carbonara appetizer, with the addition of creamy Straciatella cheese & savory pop of the Black Truffle perlage to the home made pasta, was delicious. My wife had the burrata & arugula salad that was beautifully presented, with the balance in flavors exceptional. Our entrees, the Double Cut Veal Chop, stuffed with prosciutto & fresh mozzarella was seasoned and cooked perfectly. The Grand Marnier glazed, pan roasted duck breast with a crispy and crackly skin, cooked medium rare was incredible. Both entrees were served with savory oven roasted potatoes & spiced cauliflower.Special Features:
- Worth the moneyJohnEDined on 9/13/2014Food and service are excellent. This is our 5th time dining at Gallo and we have never been disappointed. The crowd on Friday and Saturday are more noisy than mid week.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The food and service excellent as always. Rafaelle personable, engaging and talented chef and owner.Special Features:
- The ServersJohnVIPDined on 9/11/2014When one of the servers at Gallo Ristorante tells you about the specials, they really know what they are talking about. They know not just name, but exact ingredients and method of preparation. If you ask a questions, they can drill down even further. I always feel I know exactly what I will be getting. They always offer to customize if you ask. Bar service is also excellent. Top shelf in every aspect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousLovetodineoutDined on 9/6/2014We have eaten at Gallo a number of times and have always been more than happy with the food and service. Gallo is the place I think of when we have out of town guests. The wine list is especially lovely too. We highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatTCFloridaDined on 9/5/2014Despite some of the negative reviews..we took an out of town guest here. Food and service was great!! It is a bit loud would be my only negative but it was a Friday night. Overall a place we will go back to often!!Special Features:
- Great FindLuv2dineoutDined on 9/2/2014Gallo Restaurant is a great local place with good food, great service and the nicest, friendliest owner. We enjoyed everything about it and can't wait to eat there again. Would highly recommend it for couples and families. We ate indoors, but there is also a nice sized outdoor space that we would love to try as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at GalloOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014The food was amazing! There was 5 of us and we had appetizers, main course and dessert. Everything was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerFooddocDined on 8/31/2014We had and ok time the food was good but not great some if the combinations the chef had didn't work well they were friendly and kid friendly however had issue with the bill that had to get resolvedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/26/2014we had a party of 9 for a birthday dinner. Rafael put together an amazing dinner for us, family style! Everyone loved it. The food was delicious and abundant! We ate outside and it was lovely! I highly recommend Gallo!!Special Features:
- Worth a visitJohnEDined on 8/13/2014Recently renovated - friendly service, food was very good and extensive wine list. Reasonably priced for a more upscale night out with friends and family.Special Features:
- probably wouldn't go back.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014The atmosphere was nice, but we sat outside on the patio, it was way to close to the traffic and noise, which would have been an easy fix with some fencing or shrubs. I read they were gluten free friendly, so I ordered a gluten free dinner, but after eating it for awhile, noticed it wasn't gluten free, and they did switch the meal, but that shouldn't have happened. The staff was adequate, but not friendly at all, it was strange. It felt like none of them really wanted to be there.
- Dinner choicesKpa106Dined on 8/1/2014The salmon dish was probably one of the best I have ever had!!! Fabulously prepared. Have also had the hanger steak and Bronzino there on other occasions and both were excellent! Service also excellent as well as the wine choices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good we went twice in two daysJustMeVIPDined on 7/21/2014We had a wonderful experience here with our grandson. The service was attentive and we enjoyed wine, salads and yummy entrees (especially the butternut ravioli with shrimp and the kale salad) while the three year old was having fun and pizza. We returned with our daughter and son in law tonight. More excellent food (short rib ravioli tonight) and service. The owner came to our table both nights, the grandson was invited to watch the pizza prep and the staff were all so friendly that even the servers waved to us on the way out. I can't wait to go back with my husband for the seafood and a relaxed romantic evening. This is an all around successSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experiencedinezaroundDined on 7/18/2014Hearing good reviews from others, we gave Gallo a try for a birthday dinner. We ate on the patio on the early side of the dinner hour. Service was very attentive without being overbearing, and the food was excellent. We started with mussels (a special that day), and went on to salmon and a special venison/wild boar sausage both were perfectly done and nicely presented. Desserts and coffee were also excellent. We'll be returning for future special occasions.Special Features:
- Good solid startNew2townDined on 7/17/2014Everything was delicious especiously the oven roasted branzino. The wait staff was nice but look out of sorts and like they could be a diner staff rather than a fine restaurant crew. Possible job done but hopefully the restaurant will improve their efficiency and look. A professional look would help that is consistent between bus and wait staff. But I will come back for a second try because the good was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeShopgirlVIPDined on 7/14/2014The food was wonderful!!! Service was a bit slow and inattentive. Although we had one very lovely gentleman help select a fantastic wine wine. We will go back, just hope the service improves.Special Features:
- Good new addition to RidgefieldSavvydinerDined on 7/12/2014We had a pleasant dining experience...our waiter was attentive. The menu needs a bit of tweaking. Lots of appetizers however only one traditional salad offered...Caesar salad offered but no other leafy green salad available. Kale salad had a lot of dressing with too much honey added. Lobster salad was good but lacked dressing with little salad and pricey. Risotto with mixed seafood was disappointing...it wasn't moist like risotto should be...it was dry and presented more as a paella...not much seafood with it. Nice dessert presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sat night delightOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2014We had a wonderful meal at Gallo on sat night. The pasta was delicious. I had the ravioli. It was tender, flavorful and delicious. We sat out on the covered terrace it was so pleasant and relaxing. I would definately go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great addition to RidgefieldOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/5/2014nice venue... had a wonderful salad, pasta (sui-sui?) and a nice pizza.. Bar and bartenders were great as well.. absolutely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IntheknowDined on 6/28/2014good food ,nice place ,inexperinced staff diminishes dinining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2014Food was very good. Pastas are all homemade and delicious. Their red sauce is fantastic. I am Italian and make my own and really thought this was very authentic. Wood oven pizzas are fantastic. Ingredients used are so fresh. I highly recommend this restaurant for lunch or dinner. It is on the pricey side but well worth it when you consider the quality of the food.Special Features:
- Superb DiningTomBDined on 6/26/2014Sea bass was delectable. The sauce Bolognese was the best ever tasted. Our server was wonderful and the host/owner moat gracious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu and foodSusaninDanburyDined on 6/21/2014We went twice in a week - the menu was great, the food was delicious, and the staff was attentive. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Galant Gallo in ridgefield CTOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Was our first time on evening with many graduation groups, noise level was not unbearable, ordered pizza and drinks at the pizza counter as bar had no room, then our table was ready. Our pizza with fungi was delicious , it took the fish 45 minutes to arrive but we did not mind , the fishe was great and prepared as ordered, the place was packed and everyone was trying very hard to please. Will return for sureSpecial Features:
- A night of family fun!Luvgoodfood60Dined on 6/20/2014Good atmosphere. Variety of food different choices with specials. Good service. Food was well prepared, hot when served and the owner /chief came out to see you and determine whether you enjoyed the experience! Nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/18/2014First time attending for lunch and Gallo did not disappoint. Consistently good food and service.Special Features:
- Mediocre food & horrible servicePerryDined on 6/7/2014Drove by this restaurant a few days ago and it was crowded, which is always a good sign for a restaurant, so we thought we'd give it a try. The food was average - my fish was undercooked and my wife's steak was overcooked...the service was horrible - our waiter disappeared for 20-30 minutes at a time and took 20 minutes to visit us after we had finished our entrees and the plates had been cleared...and the table next to us got half their meal comped after complaining about the raviolis "tasting like two layers of pasta stuck together with nothing inside". Pricey, average food, and bad service. Clearly, we are wishing we had gone somewhere else.
- Good and service was excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Nice newly built restaurant, although not on Main Street it had very nice ambiance and the food was fresh and well prepared! Halibut special was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite there yetCTFoodieDined on 6/7/2014Great to have another dining option in Ridgefield, however, the service is not quite there yet. We walk in and give our reservation information to someone at the front desk. Another person walks up and we have to repeat our reservation information. They are attentive but there's a lack of communication between them all. Water glass refills were slow coming - had to ask. Ordered a fresh pasta to start that was undercooked. I love fresh pasta al dente, but this had more than the acceptable bite to it. Veal for entree was nice and thin scallopine, however, the texture made me question whether it was really veal. Pork perhaps? I think this restaurant has real potential. For the pricing, the service needs to step up it's game.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great AtmospherepastafoodieDined on 6/4/2014I was very impressed with Gallo Ristorante when I went for dinner last weekend. My fiance and I made a reservation for 7 and were seated right away. We ordered a Romana salad to share, I had the Lasagna for my main dish and she had the Ravioli. My fiance raved about the ravioli and I felt the same about the Lasagna. It was made with a delicious bolognese sauce, very traditional and authentic tasting. All the pasta was made in-house (according to our waiter) and you could tell from the taste. Service was polite and helpful. Wine selection was very in-depth. We ordered a house red just because we were on a slightly tighter budget, but the menu was pages long and very descriptive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jury still outPrimeTimeDinerDined on 6/2/2014Food is competently prepared but not great. Italian (again...) Nice, clean lined decor. Modern atmosphere. Service can be good but also can be lousy. WIll try again but have yet to be "wowed". Really want it to be fantastic!!Special Features:
- Nice, but not specialCATDVIPDined on 5/29/2014Our service was spectacular. The owner/chef roamed the dining room to greet guests. Very nice. The food was average. I ordered the salmon maybe the dish disallowed the chef to show his talent. We will go back and give it a second try. Be prepared to spend $25-$30 per entreeSpecial Features:
- Delicious food, nice atmosphere!NYDuoDined on 5/24/2014My husband and I came here for a nice Saturday night dinner and it was a pleasure from start to finish. My husband and I both had pasta dishes and they were so fresh and delicious. I haven't had lasagna like it in ages, and the gravy was oh so delicious. (And I have to say here that I am very picky about my Italian food!) The service was great and the atmosphere was lovely and lively. We will definitely be back, and we would highly recommend this place to others.Special Features:
- The following 28 reviews are from the Gallo Ristorante reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/12/2014We had a party of ten and had a fabulous private room. It was beautiful, quiet, and the service was excellent. We were treated like royalty. The chef arranged for a special menu for our event which was served family style. He went over the top ! The food was delicious, varied and abundant. There was something for everyone in our party to enjoy. I would highly recommend gallo and if you are having a party this is the room!! Thank you Rafael for a wonderful evening to celebrate multiple birthdays. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ridgefield's Best ItalianOpentabledinerVIPDined on 4/25/2014Gallo has distinguished itself as Ridgefield's finest Italian restaurant with it's casually elegant atmosphere, delicious cuisine and exceptional service down to the valet parking staff. The spaghetti 'Sciue Sciue' is fantastic and one of the most creative and flavorful pasta dishes with spaghetti served in a light tomato sauce tossed in a wheel of cheese and finished with baby tomatoes. The chef owner is not only talented in the kitchen, but dedicated to the highest level of service to ensure that everyone who visits Gallo has a great dining experience. The mud pie and ricotta cheese cake are fabulous for dessert! There is also a separate bar area, two separate outdoor dining areas and a private party room upstairs - lots of options!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!TerryDined on 4/19/2014This was our first time at Gallo's and it won't be our last. The food, service and ambiance were super.Special Features:
- Nice placejassDined on 4/12/2014We enjoyed our recent sat night dinner to Gallo. We were seated promptly. Service was attentive and accommodating. Food was delicious. Only issues: air conditioning blasting on and off. We complained and it was adjusted but then circled back on. Also windows had no covering and we dealt with sun glare until the sun set. We spoke to the manager on the way out and he said both issues are being addressed. We liked it and would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Kobe meatballs were disappointiFooDivaDined on 3/14/2014The Kobe meatballs were disappointing. I thought they would be tender but they were hard and not flavorful. Don't waste the $12. Also, the wild boar ragu was tasty yet notably salty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a disappointing night.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/11/2014This was a disappointing night. I had been there before, and liked it, but Tuesday was just not a god experience. We will probably not return.