5 Grove Street
Ridgefield, CT 06877Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://galloridgefield.com/
- Phone: 2034317726
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Gallo Ristorante
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gallo Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (42)neighborhood gem (42)fit for foodies (41)special occasion (29)good for groups (20)romantic (19)great for lunch (18)vibrant bar scene (14)notable wine list (13)hot spot (12)kid-friendly (11)great for brunch (7)late-night find (3)Show More
- QueenieVIPDined on 10/14/2014fabulous meal, beautiful decor and amazing service! what more could you want in a restaurant. they pasta done tableside is a real treat! thank you raphaele for a real treat!Special Features:
- Charlie TCharlieTDined on 10/11/2014I have been to Gallo' Ristorante several times since last Christmas and the food is superb. The service is extremely professional and has a good knowledge of the menu and wine list. Each time I have dined the specials were different and they were outstanding. Gallo's is very comfortable and I appreciate the dining experience we receive each and every time were are there. We thoroughly enjoyed the butternut squash soup, caesar salad and the linguine with clam sauce and yellow/red tomatoes. My guest ordered caesar salad and a special linguine dish with garlic and oil (Aioli), broccoli rabe and sausage. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and TheaterFavlocaldineDined on 10/11/2014Gallo is very near the Ridgefield Playhouse and that was the reason we chose to dine there. The Ceasar salad was very good and the pasta special excellent. The Pecan pie was delicious. The cocktails at our table were also very good. There are tables that are too close to the kitchen door as we found out and had to request a table change which they were very gracious about . That was my only complaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st visit: very impressiveOldYankeeVIPDined on 10/8/2014Shortly after I was seated at a nice corner table in the bar, the chef/owner stopped by to welcome me, asked if this was my first visit (Yes). Soon, a complimentary antipasto arrived. (Thanks!) The service from Lindsey was impeccable: neither hovering nor neglecting, and honoring my request for a slow pace. Even the bartender came by to ask how I liked my drink. (It was delicious.) The atmosphere was just my style: subdued, modern lighting and not too noisy: perfect for a relaxing dinner. The appetizer chickpea soup was mild, but the toasted Italian bacon added plenty of flavor. Main course fettuccini was excellent, though lacking the typical cream sauce. Only complaint was the price of the cocktail: $18 seems a bit steep.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/4/2014Food is consistent and delicious. Love that the chef walks around and took our order. He recommended dishes based on our interests. Very cool!!Special Features:
- Best in townStevenDined on 10/1/2014The owner personally greet each table and is involved in the dining experience. Food is best in town. Packed every night. Fabulous place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant In This AreaSusaninDanburyDined on 9/30/2014The food at Gallo has never disappointed. The appetizers, main courses, and desserts are all excellently prepared and visually appealing. Highly recommend!!!Special Features:
- Consistently GoodTuffCustomerDined on 9/27/2014We have dined at Gallo several times now and every time I have been very satisfied. The ambiance and service are excellent. The menu, while not the most innovative I've seen, has very good variety and the quality is quite good. This restaurant is a solid 30 minute drive from our home, but worth the trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not greatddavidVIPDined on 9/27/2014An Italian red-sauce restaurant with pretentions of grandeur. When you wander away from that cuisine, the restaurant seems lost and the quality of the food declines even more. Mashed potatoes are lumpy. Beef is not of high quality. Prices are high and food is ordinary. In particular, the wine list is short on affordable wines that matches to the cuisine, such as it is. Service is difficult as they seem very understaffed. There are better choices at this price pointSpecial Features:
- Delizioso!BostonGirlDined on 9/27/2014We LOVED our evening at Gallo Restaurant! The service was food was delicious and the service was outstanding. Clearly, the staff enjoys working here, and working together with a professional and cheerful attitude. We enjoyed sitting outside on the lovely covered patio. The risotto with shrimp and artichoke was superb! I highly recommend Gallo to anyone looking for the perfect restaurant to impress your guests!Special Features:
- Great Find in RidgefieldPatrickVIPDined on 9/25/2014For a pre-concert meal, my wife and I visited Gallo's in Ridgefeld. Everything was spectacular from the wine list, an outstanding appetizer, and delightful entree offerings. We definitely will frequent Gallo's again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Neighborhood spotaleseDined on 9/20/2014The spaghetti capri is both delicious and photo worthy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with friends.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014It was first time we had lunch in Gallo.We liked place very much!..Clean,spacious room...temporary interior desigh...good lunch menu selection...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/16/2014We had a wonderful lunch the staff was attentive but not overbearing and the food was deliciousSpecial Features:
- Anniversary DinnerFoodNerdDined on 9/13/2014My wife & I went to Gallo for dinner & were warmly greeted & received outstanding service. The Spaghetti alla Carbonara appetizer, with the addition of creamy Straciatella cheese & savory pop of the Black Truffle perlage to the home made pasta, was delicious. My wife had the burrata & arugula salad that was beautifully presented, with the balance in flavors exceptional. Our entrees, the Double Cut Veal Chop, stuffed with prosciutto & fresh mozzarella was seasoned and cooked perfectly. The Grand Marnier glazed, pan roasted duck breast with a crispy and crackly skin, cooked medium rare was incredible. Both entrees were served with savory oven roasted potatoes & spiced cauliflower.Special Features:
- Worth the moneyJohnEDined on 9/13/2014Food and service are excellent. This is our 5th time dining at Gallo and we have never been disappointed. The crowd on Friday and Saturday are more noisy than mid week.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The food and service excellent as always. Rafaelle personable, engaging and talented chef and owner.Special Features:
- The ServersJohnVIPDined on 9/11/2014When one of the servers at Gallo Ristorante tells you about the specials, they really know what they are talking about. They know not just name, but exact ingredients and method of preparation. If you ask a questions, they can drill down even further. I always feel I know exactly what I will be getting. They always offer to customize if you ask. Bar service is also excellent. Top shelf in every aspect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousLovetodineoutDined on 9/6/2014We have eaten at Gallo a number of times and have always been more than happy with the food and service. Gallo is the place I think of when we have out of town guests. The wine list is especially lovely too. We highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatTCFloridaDined on 9/5/2014Despite some of the negative reviews..we took an out of town guest here. Food and service was great!! It is a bit loud would be my only negative but it was a Friday night. Overall a place we will go back to often!!Special Features:
- Great FindLuv2dineoutDined on 9/2/2014Gallo Restaurant is a great local place with good food, great service and the nicest, friendliest owner. We enjoyed everything about it and can't wait to eat there again. Would highly recommend it for couples and families. We ate indoors, but there is also a nice sized outdoor space that we would love to try as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at GalloOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014The food was amazing! There was 5 of us and we had appetizers, main course and dessert. Everything was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerFooddocDined on 8/31/2014We had and ok time the food was good but not great some if the combinations the chef had didn't work well they were friendly and kid friendly however had issue with the bill that had to get resolvedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/26/2014we had a party of 9 for a birthday dinner. Rafael put together an amazing dinner for us, family style! Everyone loved it. The food was delicious and abundant! We ate outside and it was lovely! I highly recommend Gallo!!Special Features:
- Worth a visitJohnEDined on 8/13/2014Recently renovated - friendly service, food was very good and extensive wine list. Reasonably priced for a more upscale night out with friends and family.Special Features:
- probably wouldn't go back.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014The atmosphere was nice, but we sat outside on the patio, it was way to close to the traffic and noise, which would have been an easy fix with some fencing or shrubs. I read they were gluten free friendly, so I ordered a gluten free dinner, but after eating it for awhile, noticed it wasn't gluten free, and they did switch the meal, but that shouldn't have happened. The staff was adequate, but not friendly at all, it was strange. It felt like none of them really wanted to be there.
- Dinner choicesKpa106Dined on 8/1/2014The salmon dish was probably one of the best I have ever had!!! Fabulously prepared. Have also had the hanger steak and Bronzino there on other occasions and both were excellent! Service also excellent as well as the wine choices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good we went twice in two daysJustMeVIPDined on 7/21/2014We had a wonderful experience here with our grandson. The service was attentive and we enjoyed wine, salads and yummy entrees (especially the butternut ravioli with shrimp and the kale salad) while the three year old was having fun and pizza. We returned with our daughter and son in law tonight. More excellent food (short rib ravioli tonight) and service. The owner came to our table both nights, the grandson was invited to watch the pizza prep and the staff were all so friendly that even the servers waved to us on the way out. I can't wait to go back with my husband for the seafood and a relaxed romantic evening. This is an all around successSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experiencedinezaroundDined on 7/18/2014Hearing good reviews from others, we gave Gallo a try for a birthday dinner. We ate on the patio on the early side of the dinner hour. Service was very attentive without being overbearing, and the food was excellent. We started with mussels (a special that day), and went on to salmon and a special venison/wild boar sausage both were perfectly done and nicely presented. Desserts and coffee were also excellent. We'll be returning for future special occasions.Special Features:
- Good solid startNew2townDined on 7/17/2014Everything was delicious especiously the oven roasted branzino. The wait staff was nice but look out of sorts and like they could be a diner staff rather than a fine restaurant crew. Possible job done but hopefully the restaurant will improve their efficiency and look. A professional look would help that is consistent between bus and wait staff. But I will come back for a second try because the good was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeShopgirlVIPDined on 7/14/2014The food was wonderful!!! Service was a bit slow and inattentive. Although we had one very lovely gentleman help select a fantastic wine wine. We will go back, just hope the service improves.Special Features:
- Good new addition to RidgefieldSavvydinerDined on 7/12/2014We had a pleasant dining experience...our waiter was attentive. The menu needs a bit of tweaking. Lots of appetizers however only one traditional salad offered...Caesar salad offered but no other leafy green salad available. Kale salad had a lot of dressing with too much honey added. Lobster salad was good but lacked dressing with little salad and pricey. Risotto with mixed seafood was disappointing...it wasn't moist like risotto should be...it was dry and presented more as a paella...not much seafood with it. Nice dessert presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sat night delightOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2014We had a wonderful meal at Gallo on sat night. The pasta was delicious. I had the ravioli. It was tender, flavorful and delicious. We sat out on the covered terrace it was so pleasant and relaxing. I would definately go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great addition to RidgefieldOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/5/2014nice venue... had a wonderful salad, pasta (sui-sui?) and a nice pizza.. Bar and bartenders were great as well.. absolutely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IntheknowDined on 6/28/2014good food ,nice place ,inexperinced staff diminishes dinining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2014Food was very good. Pastas are all homemade and delicious. Their red sauce is fantastic. I am Italian and make my own and really thought this was very authentic. Wood oven pizzas are fantastic. Ingredients used are so fresh. I highly recommend this restaurant for lunch or dinner. It is on the pricey side but well worth it when you consider the quality of the food.Special Features:
- Superb DiningTomBDined on 6/26/2014Sea bass was delectable. The sauce Bolognese was the best ever tasted. Our server was wonderful and the host/owner moat gracious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 39 reviews are from the Gallo Ristorante reviews archive.
- Great menu and foodSusaninDanburyDined on 6/21/2014We went twice in a week - the menu was great, the food was delicious, and the staff was attentive. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Galant Gallo in ridgefield CTOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Was our first time on evening with many graduation groups, noise level was not unbearable, ordered pizza and drinks at the pizza counter as bar had no room, then our table was ready. Our pizza with fungi was delicious , it took the fish 45 minutes to arrive but we did not mind , the fishe was great and prepared as ordered, the place was packed and everyone was trying very hard to please. Will return for sureSpecial Features:
- A night of family fun!Luvgoodfood60Dined on 6/20/2014Good atmosphere. Variety of food different choices with specials. Good service. Food was well prepared, hot when served and the owner /chief came out to see you and determine whether you enjoyed the experience! Nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.