Gallo Nero II
95 7th Ave. South
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Gallo Nero II
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.zuccanyc.com/
- Phone: 2122551980
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 12:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Friday: 12:00 pm - 12:30 am
Saturday: 11:00 am - 12:30 am
Sunday: 12:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Gallo Nero II
After 35 years of restaurant experience Gino and his son Frank have created an "at home" Italian feeling for your dining experience. Located in the heart of the West Village and is truly an exquisite experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gallo Nero II reviews from OpenTable diners
1 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
- skipOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 4/12/2014The menu board outside has one price w specials but the menu at table is more. Wait staff and managers dont change it so therefore are mis representing Food had long wait. service was slow except for the great water guy They ADD 18% gratuity on check and dont tell you I only caught a few lies of theirs. I m afraid to know what I didnt catch New York has too much to offer to go back there
- We enjoyed our meal very much.KimballVIPDined on 2/4/2014We enjoyed our meal very much. The portions were perfect and the food was flavorful. The service was very good.
- Great restaurantSatisfiedCustomerDined on 1/30/2014A small and very cozy restaurant in the heart of West Village that has delicious food and great service. Perfect romantic atmosphere, would be a nice spot for a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AvoiddamasterVIPDined on 11/16/2013Food is bellow average at this W Village joint. Service distracted and inattentive and very limited menu choice. Had to wait even with reservation. Would avoid.
- Zucci was disappointing. ThecordeliamengesVIPDined on 10/29/2013Zucci was disappointing. The restaurant was enticing enough when we entered and the best part of our evening was the wonderful helpful waiter. However the food arrived 2 minutes after we ordered and was truly terrible. The clams in the pasta with clam sauce we unchewable and my chicken dish couldn't be cut - even with a knife. The wine was fine and the restaurant was very inexpensive-for good reason. We had our dessert in an ice-cream shop around the corner.
- A real find!billybooksVIPDined on 10/5/2013Just below Sheridan Square this is a real find. The prices are very reasonable, the food is excellent, good portions, outstanding, friendly service, and a busy but not too hectic ambiance. They have tasty drink specials, as well as [unusual for an Italian restaurant] both red and white sangria. Chicken parmigiana was delicious, as was the eggplant appetizer. Chocolate hazelnut mousse in the shape of a cake was superb. Can't think of a single negative. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.