45 Mercer St
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gallirestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2129669288x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday 11am - 11pm
Friday & Saturday 11am - 12midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Steve Gallo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering for all office and holiday parties.
- Entertainment: Music
- Special Events: Contact Galli for more information.
A word from Galli
Galli Restaurant features Italian comfort food and old-school classics like Chicken Parm, Polpette (spaghetti & meatballs) as well as new-school dishes like the Kale Salad and Mad Calamari (fried calamari tossed in a spicy marinara sauce.) Located in Soho our decor features a mix of modern and rustic influences and our in-house mixologist has designed a unique selection of specialty cocktails like the Lansky (rittenhouse rye, aperol, fresh lemon and ramazzotti amaro) and many others.Continued
We also offer gluten-free pasta that can be substituted in any of our pasta dishes.
We also offer gluten-free pasta that can be substituted in any of our pasta dishes.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Galli reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (46)good for groups (33)romantic (31)fit for foodies (28)special occasion (26)hot spot (15)late-night find (11)great for lunch (11)notable wine list (7)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Not greatLoriho13Dined on 8/23/2014I had the chicken with spinach pasta dish. Big pieces of garlic did added surprisingly little taste to the dish. I could have made something better at home. And the place was so loud my friends and I were shouting to each other. This is not a place I would go back to. But the younger crowd at the bar looked like they were having fun.Special Features:
- nice find!GemstarDined on 8/23/2014we thoroughly enjoyed our dinner! The wait staff was attentive without being intrusive. The food was absolutely delicious. The prices are wallet friendly....all in all a definite stop the next time we are in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for Groups!pellebDined on 8/22/2014We went there for a birthday celebration and the overall experience was great! The staff is very attentive & nice, always come and check our status. Try their calamari! They are delicious! The pasta in general was good, however, it was a bit too salty for the entrees (sole,veal, steak). Main dishes were served in a slow manner here, but if you come with a group, should be totally fine. You can get some cocktail & appetizers and chitchat a bit, while you are waiting for your main courses. It is a great place for special occasion celebration, as you will have plenty of time once you are seated. (we were there from 7:45 to 10:15) Unlike the other places, they would not rush you with the check right after you got the last sip of your wine.Special Features:
- Good Food - Pretty noisyGazzaDined on 8/17/2014New York seems to do Italian restaurants very well and this is a pretty good example. The food is good value. We were in the back room and it was a bit noisy due to the echos of the hard surfaces.Special Features:
- GEM!KM2710Dined on 8/15/2014Had an amazing night there. The ambiance is great especially for a late night dinner date. The food had so much flavor. Very good and strong drinks too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Accommodating and FriendlymaisanyDined on 8/9/2014We had a 9:30 res and my dinner-mate was running late but they were very relaxed and cool about it. Since it was later and most people were finishing up, we got a booth, even though we were only two people. It was a little noisy because our booth was directly across from the doors to the kitchen, but given the overall noise level in the restaurant, it wasn't bad. We shared a Greek salad, which was fine, and both of our pastas were very good. Tiramisu for desert was also delicious. Service was attentive, informative and non-intrusive, that last of which a lot of placed don't seem to get.Special Features:
- Excellent Large Party ExperiencePhillyPhoodieVIPDined on 8/9/2014Galli accommodated our group of 13 people very well. Loved being able to make a large party reservation online and pick from a wide range of options for our family style dinner. Portion sizes were perfect for sharing. Service was great - especially for such a large group. Food was delicious. Everyone was happy. Thank you!Special Features:
- Musical chairs but great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014My friend and I really enjoyed this place after an initial game of musical chairs. The hostess first offered us the table behind the hostess stand and at the front of the restaurant. This would have been fine if the place was packed but it wasn't. We asked to be seating in the back where the ambience appeared to be. We were seated smashed between parties to the point where the waiter couldn't even get through to deliver food and drinks. Needless to say we asked to move again and were seating at a great table for two. The waiter was fantastic, the food was great and the vibe was perfectly hip Soho. We will definitely return and make sure we are seated comfortably from the get-go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceMademoiselleModeDined on 7/30/2014Our waiter was awesome. I didn't really like what I first ordered and he was one of the few waiters I've encountered in recent years anywhere that offered me a replacement. The rigatoni in both my dish and my boyfriends were nicely al dente.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014The food and service were very good at this Italian establishment. Very reasonably priced and good food and make sure to ask the waiter why the boxing photos are displayed in the backroom.Special Features:
- Italian Comfort FoodfoodiebelleDined on 7/22/2014Galli was so delicious. I went with two friend and everything we ordered was ridiculously yum. Nothing too fancy but delicious and interesting - we all left satisfied and full. The wine was delicious too. The only bad thing I have to say is that it is quite a noisy restaurant if you're sitting up the back - and if you sit in the booths in the middle, don't sit opposite the kitchen because it is a bit loud and disruptive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- conversation, not a chanceKay2VIPDined on 7/18/2014Average food, mediocre service and far too noisy. I was hoarse from shouting to my dinner companions. It was exhausting.
- Great looking, not great tastingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/13/2014Galli is a beautiful restaurant, with a fabulous two-story atrium in the back. Sadly, the brunch food was disappointing. My panini was not even warm and certainly never went into a panini press. The bacon was undercooked and very fatty. And they ran out of breakfast pastries on a Sunday morning when only a few tables of people were at the restaurant and it was 12:30 (on the early side for weekend brunch). If they can get their food act together, I would be back in a second since it is such a nice space and a great location. Our server was very attentive, but probably because there was no one else in the restaurant.Special Features:
- Delicious food!jacobDined on 7/11/2014I keep returning to Galli because the food is soooooo good! Every time I'm in SoHo I make sure I go in there. It's Yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great cosy italianxx11VIPDined on 7/9/2014I had the carbonara pasta and my friend had the gamberi, we were both equally pleased. We went on a weekday and when the neighboring restaurants were pretty empty Galli was very lively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finejc45Dined on 7/9/2014The ambience was perfect for a girl's night out to celebrate a birthday - energetic, charming, and very downtown boho chic (?) if you could describe a restaurant in such a way... The food however wasn't as great. We all felt the skirt steak, pesto pasta and the sausage past were in salty side. The portions were medium-small. They weren't bad or anything, just not as good as I expected (as the on-line reviews were good). Plus, the booth seats along the walls were a bit uncomfortable. My friends and I had a good time though, and we finished our meals with some left-overs (left overs because we were full despite the small portions), but none of us weren't dying to bring the left overs home.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/5/2014excellent food and ambiance very enjoyable meal will return Service was excellent good wine list with a PrimitivoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local Findshorter104Dined on 6/29/2014My friends and I were in town for the weekend and looking for a locally owned restaurant with a non-touristy ambiance. Galli was perfect for what we needed and the menu gave us plenty of options. Service was great and the food was delicious. This was our favorite dining experience of the trip. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PERFECTt182288VIPDined on 6/27/2014Five stars for Galli. Food was delicious. Service was attentive. Open late. Great for just a drink. Great for groups. The hostess takes her time and remembers your name if you have a reservation. The waiter introduces himself. The pasta was to die for and the wine was a large pour. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday bashEllePVIPDined on 6/26/2014We had a great time celebrating a friends birthday! They were very accommodating for our fluctuating group size (some joining us late and others leaving early) and even put a candle in ever cupcake we brought for our friend. The apps were fantastic, and we were all happy with our mains. Great spot if looking for good Italian in soho that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/25/2014Never had a bad meal and service is great. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants to have a great casual meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad serviceNYCNyaDiner11Dined on 6/25/2014To summarize, waiter had a bad attitude that just soured the entire experience (didn't advise that gluten-free option was only rigatoni, nor that it was an additional $1.50 to order from the gluten-free menu, was impatient during taking orders, bringing the bill to the table and was condescending in the minimal interaction & attention he gave to each of his tables. The meal itself was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/18/2014Food was great. Good service. Cocktail list is fantastic. Beautiful and cool decor.Special Features:
- Food is too saltytleeDined on 6/18/2014Disappointed with the food. Pasta not cooked to the point, it's crunchy and food is very salty.Special Features:
- So much better than I expectedBonnemamanVIPDined on 6/11/2014I chose Galli for its proximity to the work location of my friend whom I was meeting. Thought it would be fine. We were both VERY surprised and we both said we'd definitely go back again. Make sure to get the grilled calamari appetizer -- wonderful. We unfortunately shared it and both wished we'd gotten one for each of us.Special Features:
- Great Ambiance and ServiceFatty4FoodDined on 6/10/2014First thing you notice about Galli is the simple and charming/romantic ambiance. Nicely laid out for privacy and candles everywhere if a romantic evening is what you seek. The next thing you notice is the staff...all quite friendly and super helpful. (Our waitress was the perfect waitress.) Food-wise...The mussels with white wine were divine, the kale salad needs some work (kind of boring) and the pesto pasta...yummy. I'll definitely go back for lots of reasons.Special Features:
- Extremely disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/30/2014Would give no stars if an option We had reservations that were made a week in advance. The restaurant called to confirm our 8 o'clock reservation at 5 o'clock, I called back to confirm. At 7 o'clock while we were driving in to our reservation they called and told us they couldn't accommodate us until 1030. It was my daughters 21 st birthday and they knew that. Will never go agian.
- Great Find!sloperDined on 5/24/2014Good food at reasonable prices and a wonderful wait staff. Also - appreciated that there wasn't loud music blaring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatDebbspcDined on 5/24/2014Love eating here with friends and family in nyc. Perfect neighborhood to walk around after dinner and people watch.Special Features:
- Super Cute Italian Restaurantajb219VIPDined on 5/23/2014Great location, and the food was amazing. It really is a beautiful venue. I got the mussels as an entree and they were fabulous and the calamari as an appetizer was great too.Special Features:
- Amazing food! Perfect for groupsLinds27Dined on 5/23/2014Amazing food, great service, and gorgeous interior. Perfect for a large group. Everyone loved their dishes and we had all kinds of preferences---picky eaters to those who wanted to try new things.My family and I came here to celebrate my graduation and there were 14 of us, so we wanted a place that would be quiet enough to chat and spacious for groups---it was perfect! I suggest the vodka pasta, the arugula salad (with truffle oil and balsamic glaze instead of the dressing it comes with), the Caesar salad, but everything was tasty!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/21/2014Great food. Great service. Awesome atmosphere that wasn't too loud. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Another excellent experience in NY!DenverFoodieDined on 5/21/2014The "mad" calamari was spicy and delicious! The chicken parm was also very good and the service was over the top great for NY!Special Features:
- Classic NYCSgtpeperDined on 5/21/2014Great place for food, drinks, and socializing. Right in SOHO, this restaurant is a classic NYC establishment.Special Features:
- Great food but WAY too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/7/2014I don't typically mind "loud" in a restaurant - in fact, I like having an energetic, boisterous dinner scene. But something is way off with the acoustics of the back room - I think it has to do with the high ceilings and all brick walls. Looks beautiful but literally, once it filled up, I had to SCREAM just to be heard across the table to the one guest I was with. Something has to be done to mitigate this because it's a nice place and I loved the food but this was making it difficult to even have a conversation.Special Features:
- not great...would not returnimundecidedVIPDined on 5/6/2014Comfort food...not really, no comfort is bad chicken parm Wine was good...excellent service and vibe
- Birthday Dinner at GalliOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014I loved the food at Galli and it was Gluten free, what I need, so I decided to go back for my birthday dinner. Everything was going smoothly, the food was great and so was our whole dinner experience. Since I also have an allergy to dairy, I brought my own Gluten and dairy free cake with me. We asked for extra plates after they took away our dinner ones. Once we got the check we saw that their was a $10 "dessert fee" charge added. We also saw them coming out with a candle dessert for someone elses birthday and we had to wonder, did they have to pay for that too?I just feel like it was unnecessary. It's not my fault I have food allergies and cant eat their desserts. I will go back because the food is amazing, but have dessert elsewhere.Special Features:
- The following 173 reviews are from the Galli reviews archive.
- Great foodAnnaDined on 4/29/2014We had several things to try, 2 pasta dishes, some sides, the Mad calamari (which you can order with the sauce on the side in case its too spicy for someone!)...The pasta was delicious, not too heavy, definitely al dente. The sides, both veggies, were really well seasoned and the calamari was one of the best I have had in a while. However the service was just ok, the bar tender and the servers were good, the hosts, both of them, were rude.Special Features:
- Trend setterPshochDined on 4/26/2014Great scene and diverse menu of well prepared dishes The 4 of us all ordered different apps and mains and were delighted. Especially liked the grilled calamari app and the branzino! Hope to return often. BTW great location too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not great but not horrible.LauraDined on 4/21/2014Average Italian food. Chef needs to ease up on the salt a bit. Fairly inexpensive for soho.I would recommend this to a friend.