45 Mercer St
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gallirestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2129669288x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday 11am - 11pm
Friday & Saturday 11am - 12midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Steve Gallo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering for all office and holiday parties.
- Entertainment: Music
- Special Events: Contact Galli for more information.
A word from Galli
Galli Restaurant features Italian comfort food and old-school classics like Chicken Parm, Polpette (spaghetti & meatballs) as well as new-school dishes like the Kale Salad and Mad Calamari (fried calamari tossed in a spicy marinara sauce.) Located in Soho our decor features a mix of modern and rustic influences and our in-house mixologist has designed a unique selection of specialty cocktails like the Lansky (rittenhouse rye, aperol, fresh lemon and ramazzotti amaro) and many others.Continued
We also offer gluten-free pasta that can be substituted in any of our pasta dishes.
We also offer gluten-free pasta that can be substituted in any of our pasta dishes.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Galli reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (39)good for groups (37)fit for foodies (35)romantic (31)hot spot (20)special occasion (18)vibrant bar scene (15)great for lunch (12)notable wine list (6)late-night find (5)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- loud but tastycyclegirlDined on 10/24/2014Great bread and delicious food and pasta. The noise level was a bit too high for our party but the management gave us a somewhat quieter table at our request. That was greatly appreciated. Overall a positive experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but Service was too fastOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014Delicious food and great ambience, but our food came within 5 minutes of ordering and we didn't get to enjoy our drinks. The check seemed rushed too. We were in and out in less than an hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experience, get the mushroomsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/14/2014Their stuffed mushrooms are fantastic, and make sure to dip your bread into the sauce. Heavenly!Special Features:
- Noise level very highJjb3VIPDined on 10/10/2014Noise could probably be tolerated with better food. Food was okay but not worth putting up with the noise level.Special Features:
- Easy, quick and quiet lunchEllieDined on 10/10/2014Lunch at Galli was fine, and the food was very tasty. The fries were superb and the staff was attentive. We all had different paninis, and, while they were all good, the bread was extremely thick, so much so that I ate 1/4 of it and ate the filling separately.Special Features:
- Louder than expectedCosCosDined on 9/30/2014I thought it was going to be a cozy spot abut the joint was jumpin' at lunch time. Nice food, slightly diffident service, and pleasant patio though
- Good Food, Atmosphere YMMVtandleDined on 9/26/2014The food was good. I had a simple pasta with basil and tomatoes and an artichoke dip appetizer. I will say, however, the noise level at this place feels as loud as many clubs. Be prepared to lean extremely close to who you're having dinner with. This might make it better for dates. The bar was also extremely packed. Reservation experience was a bit strange. We had to wait 20 minutes into our reservation for the table we reserved to pay. The service was also a bit hit or miss because we were left along for very long periods of time.Special Features:
- Pleasant SurpriseRickDined on 9/23/2014Had dinner here on a Tuesday night. First time and was impressed. My wife and I split a spinach salad and it was very good. I had spaghetti carbonara and it was deliciious. Often, this dish winds up as a gooey mess but this was just right. My wife had veal saltimbocca and it was also delicious. Can't beat the prices for Manhattan either. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place!xtinaVIPDined on 9/22/2014Been here a couple of times and the food each time has been so, so good! Service is always great. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Amazing food - Horrilbe ServerpjackDined on 9/20/2014The food and drinks where amazing but our server was completely horrible. He forgot about us and we had to ask the hostess for the check. We probably could have walk out without paying and no one would have even noticed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- yum!!1wakeup2eat3sleep4repeatDined on 9/19/2014we went late on a sunday night so it wasn't very busy, my expectations weren't very high, but the food was amazing!! we ordered the asparagus appetizer special with prosciutto (get that if they have it on the menu!). sit outside if the weather is nice because it was so adorable- its a great date night spot!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedAutumnNYCDined on 9/18/2014Italian comfort food done right! Homey rustic but still romantic interior, delicious flavors in he calamari, steak, and seafood pasta. Great place to catch up for our girls' night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was pretty poorNYCdinerDined on 9/11/2014The waiter we had was absolutely awful. We sat down and he came over to us and said hello Madame and Monsieur in this weird bullsh*t French accent, then said: I have a lot of big parties tn so I need you to order everyhing at once. Then left our table while saying be right back. No one poured us water or brought us anything for the next 25 minutes. I finally said "this is ridiculous" and a blonde waitress overheard me who actually took our order and got us bread and drinks. After that the regular waiter took over. Still not attentive and then started calling me Madame (I am a guy) and my girlfriend Monsieur... He sucked. Galli get rid of this guy and everything else was great. It was my gfs bday dinner and the a service ruined the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy and EnjoyableMonkeysOn12thVIPDined on 9/11/2014It's important to me that my dining experience is not full of work on my part. I don't want to have to ask for water, or to place my order, or have to tell you to back off (over attentive service). The guys working the particular lunch I was having with my business partner/husband knew exactly what to do and when. Just easy. They were present but not annoying. The food was enjoyable as was the cocktails and wine.Special Features:
- Definitely recommendedErinNYDined on 9/10/2014I have been to Galli a few times with large groups for dinner and have always had a great experience here. This week I made a dinner reservation for 3 people. Once we found out it was happy hour, they were so flexible us sit at the bar to order drinks until the happy hour was over and sat us in the back garden afterwards for dinner. We ordered the Mozz Chips which were delicious as well as three pasta dishes which were all fantastic. They have a great wine list and everything is reasonably priced. Great ambiance!Special Features:
- ExcellentMoltobeneDined on 9/6/2014When we first arrived we longingly looked over at the restaurant next door with the outdoor seating, great curb appearance. Galli curb appeal is non existence. But we went anyway being you can't judge a book by its cover. Very happy we went. Service and food was outstanding. Ambience fantastic. Definitely will go back.Special Features:
- NotTooThrilledDined on 8/31/2014The food was quite good, but the ambiance and service left quite a bit to be desired. We were a group of 8 and we happened to get the one table that had long benches instead of chairs. They were very uncomfortable and they would not change for us. I like an up, fun atmosphere but this was extremely loud. Couldn't even hear the person next to me due to the loud music/radio station. And, the service was terrible. They brought the wrong drinks and gave us a hard time about it. We asked a few questions about the menu but didn't really get answers. Overall, not a great experience even though the food was quite good.
- fun atmosphere, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/28/2014The restaurant has a fun, lively atmosphere and a nice menu that isn't overpriced. The only problem was with the service. The waitress was lovely, but it took forever to get our appetizers and then, forever to get our dinner. We asked for the check when we ordered dessert, and it still took way too long to receive that.Special Features:
- We went w a party of 10AmoiDined on 8/23/2014They were extremely accommodating w our large group and attentive. Drinks and apps are EXCELLENT. I'm going back tomorrow bc I recommended Galli to my sister for my nephew's bday dinner! Party of 10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not greatLoriho13Dined on 8/23/2014I had the chicken with spinach pasta dish. Big pieces of garlic did added surprisingly little taste to the dish. I could have made something better at home. And the place was so loud my friends and I were shouting to each other. This is not a place I would go back to. But the younger crowd at the bar looked like they were having fun.Special Features:
- nice find!GemstarDined on 8/23/2014we thoroughly enjoyed our dinner! The wait staff was attentive without being intrusive. The food was absolutely delicious. The prices are wallet friendly....all in all a definite stop the next time we are in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for Groups!pellebDined on 8/22/2014We went there for a birthday celebration and the overall experience was great! The staff is very attentive & nice, always come and check our status. Try their calamari! They are delicious! The pasta in general was good, however, it was a bit too salty for the entrees (sole,veal, steak). Main dishes were served in a slow manner here, but if you come with a group, should be totally fine. You can get some cocktail & appetizers and chitchat a bit, while you are waiting for your main courses. It is a great place for special occasion celebration, as you will have plenty of time once you are seated. (we were there from 7:45 to 10:15) Unlike the other places, they would not rush you with the check right after you got the last sip of your wine.Special Features:
- Good Food - Pretty noisyGazzaDined on 8/17/2014New York seems to do Italian restaurants very well and this is a pretty good example. The food is good value. We were in the back room and it was a bit noisy due to the echos of the hard surfaces.Special Features:
- GEM!KM2710Dined on 8/15/2014Had an amazing night there. The ambiance is great especially for a late night dinner date. The food had so much flavor. Very good and strong drinks too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AmbianceFoodLoverDined on 8/14/2014Such a cute restaurant with a great menu! Great for gluten free pasta options as well!Special Features:
- Accommodating and FriendlymaisanyDined on 8/9/2014We had a 9:30 res and my dinner-mate was running late but they were very relaxed and cool about it. Since it was later and most people were finishing up, we got a booth, even though we were only two people. It was a little noisy because our booth was directly across from the doors to the kitchen, but given the overall noise level in the restaurant, it wasn't bad. We shared a Greek salad, which was fine, and both of our pastas were very good. Tiramisu for desert was also delicious. Service was attentive, informative and non-intrusive, that last of which a lot of placed don't seem to get.Special Features:
- Excellent Large Party ExperiencePhillyPhoodieVIPDined on 8/9/2014Galli accommodated our group of 13 people very well. Loved being able to make a large party reservation online and pick from a wide range of options for our family style dinner. Portion sizes were perfect for sharing. Service was great - especially for such a large group. Food was delicious. Everyone was happy. Thank you!Special Features:
- Musical chairs but great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014My friend and I really enjoyed this place after an initial game of musical chairs. The hostess first offered us the table behind the hostess stand and at the front of the restaurant. This would have been fine if the place was packed but it wasn't. We asked to be seating in the back where the ambience appeared to be. We were seated smashed between parties to the point where the waiter couldn't even get through to deliver food and drinks. Needless to say we asked to move again and were seating at a great table for two. The waiter was fantastic, the food was great and the vibe was perfectly hip Soho. We will definitely return and make sure we are seated comfortably from the get-go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceMademoiselleModeVIPDined on 7/30/2014Our waiter was awesome. I didn't really like what I first ordered and he was one of the few waiters I've encountered in recent years anywhere that offered me a replacement. The rigatoni in both my dish and my boyfriends were nicely al dente.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014The food and service were very good at this Italian establishment. Very reasonably priced and good food and make sure to ask the waiter why the boxing photos are displayed in the backroom.Special Features:
- Italian Comfort FoodfoodiebelleDined on 7/22/2014Galli was so delicious. I went with two friend and everything we ordered was ridiculously yum. Nothing too fancy but delicious and interesting - we all left satisfied and full. The wine was delicious too. The only bad thing I have to say is that it is quite a noisy restaurant if you're sitting up the back - and if you sit in the booths in the middle, don't sit opposite the kitchen because it is a bit loud and disruptive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- conversation, not a chanceKay2VIPDined on 7/18/2014Average food, mediocre service and far too noisy. I was hoarse from shouting to my dinner companions. It was exhausting.
- Great looking, not great tastingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/13/2014Galli is a beautiful restaurant, with a fabulous two-story atrium in the back. Sadly, the brunch food was disappointing. My panini was not even warm and certainly never went into a panini press. The bacon was undercooked and very fatty. And they ran out of breakfast pastries on a Sunday morning when only a few tables of people were at the restaurant and it was 12:30 (on the early side for weekend brunch). If they can get their food act together, I would be back in a second since it is such a nice space and a great location. Our server was very attentive, but probably because there was no one else in the restaurant.Special Features:
- Delicious food!jacobDined on 7/11/2014I keep returning to Galli because the food is soooooo good! Every time I'm in SoHo I make sure I go in there. It's Yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great cosy italianxx11VIPDined on 7/9/2014I had the carbonara pasta and my friend had the gamberi, we were both equally pleased. We went on a weekday and when the neighboring restaurants were pretty empty Galli was very lively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finejc45Dined on 7/9/2014The ambience was perfect for a girl's night out to celebrate a birthday - energetic, charming, and very downtown boho chic (?) if you could describe a restaurant in such a way... The food however wasn't as great. We all felt the skirt steak, pesto pasta and the sausage past were in salty side. The portions were medium-small. They weren't bad or anything, just not as good as I expected (as the on-line reviews were good). Plus, the booth seats along the walls were a bit uncomfortable. My friends and I had a good time though, and we finished our meals with some left-overs (left overs because we were full despite the small portions), but none of us weren't dying to bring the left overs home.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/5/2014excellent food and ambiance very enjoyable meal will return Service was excellent good wine list with a PrimitivoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 194 reviews are from the Galli reviews archive.
- Great Local Findshorter104Dined on 6/29/2014My friends and I were in town for the weekend and looking for a locally owned restaurant with a non-touristy ambiance. Galli was perfect for what we needed and the menu gave us plenty of options. Service was great and the food was delicious. This was our favorite dining experience of the trip. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PERFECTt182288VIPDined on 6/27/2014Five stars for Galli. Food was delicious. Service was attentive. Open late. Great for just a drink. Great for groups. The hostess takes her time and remembers your name if you have a reservation. The waiter introduces himself. The pasta was to die for and the wine was a large pour. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday bashEllePVIPDined on 6/26/2014We had a great time celebrating a friends birthday! They were very accommodating for our fluctuating group size (some joining us late and others leaving early) and even put a candle in ever cupcake we brought for our friend. The apps were fantastic, and we were all happy with our mains. Great spot if looking for good Italian in soho that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.