1101 J St.
Modesto, CA 95354Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.galletto.biz/
- Phone: 2095234500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 5 days a week: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: 7 nights a week: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Goularte
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Call Special Events at 209-523-3165 or visit our website www.galletto.biz
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant has several rooms available for medium to large parties. Please call for details or visit our website.
- Private Party Contact: Special Events 2095234500
- Special Events: Rooms available: Family Room, Sala, Vault, Vine Arbor, Bocce Terrace and Off-site locations.
A word from Galletto Ristorante
Galletto Ristorante is located amid the vitality of Modesto, California's newly renovated downtown. They specialize in providing inspired cuisine, impeccable service and unparalleled indoor and outdoor facilities for an intimate dinner or a large party. Uniquely designed to answer the needs of their private and professional community for exceptional dining and meeting experiences, Galletto Ristorante brings together the elements you are looking for.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Galletto Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Modesto ›
Galletto Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (26)romantic (22)fit for foodies (20)good for groups (20)notable wine list (17)great for outdoor dining (16)neighborhood gem (10)great for lunch (9)hot spot (8)late-night find (5)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- A favoritededeVIPDined on 10/19/2014We live out of town and always count on a good meal at Gallettos. We have never been disappointed. There are always fun new wines to try. The menu is easy to make a selection from and the dandelion salad is not to be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meeting locationWineandvistasVIPDined on 10/16/2014We had a luncheon meeting for our non-profit group at Galletto Ristorante. This was the perfect location--great food and we were provided with a semi private area in which to conduct our business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who Knew?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014We were hosting Japanese exchange students for a few days and our kids insisted on Galletto because it's our go-to for special occasions. I was worried because the visiting boys preferred pizza and cheeseburgers. I wasn't sure it'd be the kind of experience we could all enjoy together...I was so wrong. The boys liked the pizza oven and were happy with their pizzas. They were impressed with the atmosphere and knew it was a special treat. My girls were thrilled at getting their special night out. My husband was happy with his wines and seasonal appetizers (ahi on white beans). And my worries melted away with the ice in my cocktail. The kids all bonded over bocce, and all was wonderful.Special Features:
- SadOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014beautiful place. We were seated and waited 10 min. before we were greeted. It was not busy at all. Had to ask for our wine to be opened and decanted. Had to ask for bread. I ordered the fresh Caprese salad. The tomatoes were said to be heirloom. They were not. Unripe beefsteak tomatoes with no flavor at all. Ordered the filet to share. The manager brought us our dinner on one plate and we asked for another plate so we could split it and he just walked off. Very disappointed with the entire experience. We went to Dewz down the street and had a fantastic meal with perfect service
- Romantic!Mel1984Dined on 10/9/2014Brought my wife here for her 27th birthday and she loved it. Just make sure to be ready to spend a good $100 for two ppl including appetizers, entrees and dessert. Everything was delicious though and don't regret anything. Ambience was great and the servers were on point. Would definitely come back for another special ocassion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Galletto Ristorante is AMAZING!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014Yes the decor/ambiance was great, but the food was Amazing! We love good food and good wine, and I have to say this place is one of the best we've experienced. Above all though, the service was spectacular - so knowledgeable and attentive, discreet, pleasant and polished. What a fantastic anniversary dinner we were treated to by choosing Gillette.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Galletto'sFoodEEEDined on 9/27/2014The atmosphere was upbeat and energetic; since most of the patrons were there to dine before the George Lopez concert. The location of the restaurant in relation to the Gallo Center for the Arts is excellent; you can park and walk to both. I thought the dinner menu items were plentiful along with a nice list of specials. I will definitely be back to eat here before our next Gallo Center event. My only negative would be that your dinner can get very pricey in a hurry since everything on the menu is A La Carte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Dinner!!!MarkyMarkDined on 9/22/2014Took my very important clients to Galletto Ristorante for dinner... dined in outdoor patio, great meal, excellent food, service and can't forget the wine... exceptional!!! A+++Special Features:
- Delish!MilamDined on 9/21/2014It is always a pleasure to dine at Galletto's. The service and food are always first rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Variety in Dining AreasWineandvistasVIPDined on 9/11/2014When we arrived, one person in our group wanted to watch the football game. We therefore decided against the main dining room and had the choice of three locations from which to watch the game. It was nice having options. We ended up sitting at the bar because we felt it gave us the best view of the screen. We were still able to get full food service, which was nice. The special that night was a whole red snapper, and it was cooked to perfection. We were also treated to house made potato chips (they were really good) to enjoy with our drinks while watching the game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!!yummyDined on 9/10/2014Gallettos is a wonderful restaurant. The food is Italian, and really well done. Kind of expensive for pizza and spaghetti and meatballs but worth the cost. The appetizers and bread with Balsamic vinegar and EVOO are worth the cost of the meal. The ambience is the best in town. The noise level in very low even when crowed. We went here first because of a gift card and have returned almost every time we go to Gallo-which is about 8-10 times a year. Always worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great in Every Way!WineandvistasVIPDined on 9/4/2014What an enjoyable dining experience! We took advantage of the special wine offering, as well as the pasta special. Both were winners. Can't beat the ambiance. Our son joined us for dinner, but he didn't want to miss the opening game of the NFL season. No problem! We dined out on the patio (weather was perfect) and they turned on the game for us on the big screen with closed-captioning. Great wine, great food, great ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulkatydidDined on 8/29/2014This was a special dinner for my twin sisters and it was spectacular. Food and service were exceptional and the restaurant is beautiflSpecial Features:
- Terrific atmospherepoetessDined on 8/19/2014We love to go to Galletto Ristorante for special occasions. The outdoor dining area is lovely and a wonderful place to spend a couple of leisurely hours over dinner. It is expensive for us, thus only the occasional visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely place for al fresco dining!WineandvistasVIPDined on 8/8/2014The summer months can get quite warm in Modesto, but Galletto Ristorante has made every provision to make their patio a wonderful and cool al fresco dining experience. It is such a beautiful area, and a bit more casual than dining indoors. The bocce court is a beautiful way to wind down the evening, with after-dinner drinks and a section of cigars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightLovemesomegoodfoodDined on 8/6/2014At first service was very slow to introduce and seat us about 5min. Wasn't busy and took awhile to greet us at table 10-15 min. After that slow start everything was terrific the waiter, wine selection, food, and overall ambience was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were dissapointedDissapointedDined on 8/5/2014We were in town visiting customers and a guest from the Netherlands. The food was ok, at best. I had the steak and it was chewy. One of the other guest had the chicken with pasta and he could not eat the pasta. The restauranty offered to re-cook pasta but it was too late. Another guest had the filet and he was not impressed. The last guest (from the Netherlands) had the chicken and he thought it was ok. We were really looking for a great restaurant, as we have been eating poorly all week and this restaurant dissapointed us.Special Features:
- fabulous dinner pre-Gallo theaterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014Great way to enjoy pre-theater dining experience! This was our first experience booking at Open Table, and dining at this restaurant. We were able to park within walking distance of theater. The steamed clams were fabulous, as was the Caprese salad, Focacia bread, Chicken Pesto...too bad that was all we were able to eat! Would have liked to sample more items! Waitress was very efficient.Special Features:
- Great experience!jackdogrocksDined on 7/8/2014I had lunch at Galleto Ristorante -- my first time there. The service was quick and very attentive. I love the focaccia they served with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I had the steak salad, which was delicious! The steak was cooked perfectly. The salad was served with goat cheese balls. The setting was beautiful with a large bar counter, and decorative columns. There were wine barrels placed for decoration. It was too hot to sit out on the patio, but on a slightly cooler day, I definitely would have wanted to sit outside. I plan to go to Galleto Ristorante again -- I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT!TheVetsWifeDined on 6/28/2014We were a party of 4 for dinner. The lamb and risotto was tasty and perfectly cooked. My father said the pork chip was the best piece of pork he has ever had in his life. The shrimp riscoto was delicious, but only came with three pieces of shrimp (our only negative) and the fettuccine was perfect. The Caesar salad was authentic and the calamari was a nice surprise with the olive and green beans that accompanied it. Very flavorful. The peach and grapefruit MOCKTAILS were also delicious as well as the Polka-dot Riesling. For dessert we had excellent coffee (strong and fresh) as well as a delightfully creamy tiramisu and the vanilla panicotti (sp?) with raspberry on the bottom was a big hit, too. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 441 reviews are from the Galletto Ristorante reviews archive.
- Great outdoor seating.aucproDined on 6/21/2014Troy waited on us and we all had a great time. Recommended!Special Features:
- Before show dining.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014Enjoyed a wonderful dinner before the short walk to the Gallo Center. The fish was deliciously fresh. Ideal location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelySanDiegoJenDined on 6/18/2014Third trip. Still transforming the Modesto food scene. (Now there is one.) The menu seemed a bit smaller. Wine list was still extraordinary. Pizza with duck confit had only a dash of duck, which then failed to pick up the whole point of the peach. Nonetheless the crust was excellent and this is rare anywhere. Basil pesto was extremely creamy without being cloying and the accompanying handmade pasta was perfectly toothsome. Reasonable wine prices too. Thank you for a nice evening. May try to make the duck confit pizza at home with more of the duck to really taste the concept. In theory, it sounded dynamite, but in execution, it just didn't come across.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RoBobDined on 6/17/2014Good food presented well by well trained staff and at moderate to reasonable price to value ratio. RoBobSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Galletto's: Valley Upscale DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/5/2014Galletto's continues to provide upscale food with a staff that is professional and friendly. Evenings at the Gallo Theater are not complete without first dining here. We drive from Lodi and always look forward to our experience, whether it be lunch or dinner, or a special occasion.Special Features:
- Extra Specialgolf4funDined on 5/31/2014We went to Galetto's to celebrate our granddaughter's 18th birthday and high school graduation. When we were handed our menus, she was so excited to see her name printed at the top along with congratulations for both occasions. Thanks Galetto's for making this a special evening for her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A class act experience in every waybonnieDined on 5/22/2014My guests from out of town were are surrounded by great restaurants, and they said their experience here was the best food and the finest ambiance they had experienced in quite some time. Everything about it was wonderfulSpecial Features:
- disappointed dininghope4changeDined on 5/18/2014we have come here for special occasions many times and have never been disappointed. this time we were let down though. they didn't have the halibut that was on the menu, but instead a funky minow style fish that was terrible. the pork chop was over cooked too with bland garnish. they did comp us the fish though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special placeLuvurfoodDined on 5/10/2014Because of the excellent food and service and the feel of a European or San Franiscan restaurant, we choose Gallettos. We have dined there several times and would do so more regularly if we didn't live out of town!Special Features:
- Dinner for fourLove2eatoutDined on 5/4/2014We all had the fettuccini and found some of the noodles weren't cooked well enough, other than that our experience was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very ImpressiveWineNDineDined on 4/25/2014Galletto's does not disappoint. The food is incredible and elegantly presented. The staff are so polite and helpful. Wonderful ambience with soft lighting, quiet music in the background. I specifically requested a private booth througg OpenTable and Galletto's accomodated me without a word. Wonderful experience. Is it cheap? No, but you get what u pay for. If you are looking for a romantic, elegant dining experience, look no further .... worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 yr anniversaryFedwellDined on 4/19/2014Great place to enjoy a nice meal without having to worry about noisey kids or obnoxiously loud adults.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food; average serviceFoodEEEDined on 3/19/2014The food was delicious and had great presentation. Our server forgot about us and seemed a little overwhelmed. However, the food made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server was excellent. HostKellyDined on 3/15/2014Server was excellent. Host staff not so much. Food was absolutely delectable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/13/2014In a nutshell, the service was slow and pompous, the food was not good but not spectacular and the prices too high. The ambiance is really cool and it was a nice quiet evening. I won't return unless I am someone else's guest.Special Features:
- Well done, as always.AlanKDined on 3/13/2014Galletto Ristorante has long been my go to place when I'm in the area and need something special. I've never had a bad experiance or been let down in any way by this establishment. Once again, they did a fine job in all respects. None in my group had been here before and I needed to find great place for us to gather....once again, the whole staff here made me look good with my choice. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good Business DinnerEricDined on 3/6/2014Took a group there. Found it to be a Very Good Spot for entertaining customers and associates. Food was good Service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A restaurant that needs to retireSHOPPER1VIPDined on 3/2/2014This is not a great restaurant, it is a sad restaurant. It is a 'gourmet' restaurant that uses paper table linens and cheaply cutout sheets of papers as 'coasters'. The place is dead empty and the servers have a scared, paranoid look on their faces that implies they are moments away from being screamed at, or fired. The food looks like they tried to mimic the look of food they saw on the food channel, without marinating or adding flavor. Locating in that part of Downtown Modesto is the worst part as you are scared of being robbed at any moment. Parking is easy as there are no customers taking the spots. The corkage of $20 per bottle is insane for the region, especially with competitors at $4 to free within a few blocks.
- A truly great dining experience.jeffr41Dined on 2/23/2014Galletto's has been a highly regarded restaurant here in Modesto for many years and my wife and I along with family and friends have enjoyed eating there on numerous occasions. We have always enjoyed the greatest of food and service and we have also enjoyed the quiet environment that has enabled us to converse with each other without having to contend with a noisy bar crowd or other loud and boisterous customers. Virtually all of our family members, friends and co-workers who have experienced Galletto's consistently voice the same pleasure and satisfaction that we have enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerLove2eatoutDined on 2/16/2014Food and service was excellent, given complimentary champagne to celebrate our 40th Anniversary....coming back again soon with friends!Special Features: