10000 Ballantyne Commons Parkway
Charlotte, NC 28277Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.gallery-restaurant.com/
- Phone: (704) 248-4100
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Brunch Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Tim Toohey
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Gallery Restaurant has a private dining room that is the ideal setting to host an intimate gathering. The private dining room can accommodate up to 20 for a seated meal.
We have a variety special menus to choose from.
We look forward to planning your customized event.
- Private Party Contact: 704-248-4100 7042484100x
- Special Events: Monthly Wine Tastings, Wine Dinners, Scotch Society and Seasonal Events. Please refer to theballantynehotel.com for upcoming specialty events!
A word from Gallery Restaurant
The Forbes Four-Star Gallery Restaurant serves contemporary American fare for breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. Enjoy a weekend brunch menu available every Saturday and Sunday. The farm-to-table inspired menu changes seasonally to provide the freshest local ingredients. The private dining room offers intimate space for private meetings, rehearsal dinners, events and holiday parties. Gallery Bar offers an impressive wine and Scotch selection. Diners enjoy wine tastings, seasonal events, private dining and seasonal al fresco dining. An exclusive display from local contemporary art provider Shain Gallery establishes an authentic gallery feel.Gallery Restaurant is located at The Ballantyne Hotel & Lodge on the corner of Johnston Road and Ballantyne Commons Parkway.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Gallery Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Ballantyne ›
Gallery Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (44)fit for foodies (34)romantic (31)good for groups (19)notable wine list (17)neighborhood gem (14)great for lunch (12)great for brunch (11)vibrant bar scene (8)scenic view (7)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (5)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (2)Show More
- Excellent experience. Can't wait to go again.kikifoodieDined on 11/16/2014We went on a Sunday night for my fiance's birthday. The bar area is very beautiful and inviting. A nice, warm ambiance. The array of liquor is extensive and the bartenders are so knowledgeable. We had flights of bourbon and tasted some wonderful new bourbons! He also made a recommendation for our dinner wine, which turned out to be perfect. The menu has something for everyone. I had the elk loin which was amazing and the price was reasonable! The art in the restaurant was beautiful and tasteful, and our server was classy, non-pretentious and attentive without being overbearing. Because we were celebrating a birthday, the desert (delicious) was gratis, and was a very nice and unexpected touch. One of the nicest places I have been in Charlotte. The experience, food and service were all well worth the money. Trying to come up with another special occasion so that we can go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/2/2014Perfect for the 6 of us - celebrating birthdays for elderly dad and my wife. Quiet enough for folks in their 80s without sacrificing ambiance, food, or service. Great choice to avoid other more crowded options in Charlotte. We live a mile away, and I think it's probably the best restaurant in the Ballantyne area. Plus, it's open on Sundays when many other south Charlotte restaurants are closed. The filet was about the best I've ever had. Pricey, but great. Extensive wine list helped as well.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceJeeterDined on 10/31/2014Don't be afraid to go to Gallery Restaurant just because it is located in the Ballentine Hotel. The food was quite reasonable and really wonderful! We had the pate appetizer to share, French onion soup, fried chicken (different the any other fried chicken, yum), cap steak which was cooked to perfection and the apple cake to share. The restaurant was not busy which can sometimes ba a problem but this was just the opposite. We learned how the foods were prepared, which was fun and made ordering easy. Go, you will love it!Special Features:
- Excellent hotel restaurantJohnVIPDined on 10/30/2014It's unfortunate we, as a country, don't patronize hotel restaurants and thereby create the very reasons we don't patronize them. On this night we were looking for something light and we found it in Gallery. A very good waiter and just as good young kitchen put together a classic onion soup and crab cake appetizer for me partner. I had a ceasar salad and a bowl of mussels. Each item was served as seriously as a filet mignon might be. The attitude of the server was top-notch - willing to do what it took to add something to his customer's dining experience. We made a good choice on this night. I still believe the menu is a starting point and a good kitchen is willing to provide what it can to enhance a diner's enjoyment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise in Charlotteviolet37VIPDined on 10/28/2014This is a restaurant inside a golf resort that caters to large numbers of conventions and conferences. Though the resort was full and we couldn't get a room there, we did come for dinner and were blown away. We had an outstanding dinner with terrific, friendly but not overbearing, service. I had a gorgeous Autumn Squash soup and the scallops, which were tender, beautifully presented, tasty, and had not a speck of sand in them. My husband had an incredible mussel starter with the biggest, tastiest, mussels he's ever had, in a spicy broth. He had to get more toast slices to mop up every bit. He then had an Elk loin roast, which was like filet mignon. Tender, not gamy at all! Better than most NYC restaurants we've been to!Special Features:
- Special treatTEXANDined on 10/24/2014The gallery is a great place to go if you want a quiet 5 star meal. Service is great and while the food is very delicious, there needs to be slightly more of it. We were purposely trying to eat less so it worked nicely for us but if you have a hearty appetite, this may not be the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usual Excellent Dinner at GalleryParaticularBobDined on 10/18/2014My wife and I dine at Gallery at least monthly because we think the food is imaginative and well prepared, the staff are well trained and attentive, and the ambience is quiet and up-to-date. We also eat lunch there periodically. They are high standards and consistently live up to them.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/12/2014Great food - the braised beef short ribs were delicious, as was the crispy pork belly that was included in the vegetable medley - and our waitress, Rio, was terrific!Special Features:
- Great food and fantastic serviceLove2eatoutDined on 10/11/2014Not only was our meal fabulous, the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service & food!mbfosterDined on 10/4/2014Excellent food and great service. Chef made a surprise dessert for my husband's birthday!Special Features:
- Hidden JemDanoDined on 9/27/2014Found the Gallery Restaurant on a "TOP 25" list in Charlotte Magazine. I was pleasantly surprised to find that this hidden jem was so close to home. And who knew hotel dining could be so outstanding? Will most definitely be returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant reviewmicheleDined on 9/27/2014Was my first experience in such a high rated restaurant! took my daughter for her 18th bday. Although i was down with a sinus cold and couldnt enjoy the taste of the food, (which i was looking so forward to) but my daughter said the food was amazing! The wait staff was impressive. Was a beautiful atmosphere etc. All the way around 5 star from presentation and by my daughters opinion, food! Hate i wasnt able to enjoy the food. If i am ever able to come back i will most definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistent excellencerwheDined on 9/27/2014This is our favorite restaurant in the Charlotte area. It is a special place for a special occasion. The food and service are the best around and it is not as expensive as one might expect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ndp1236VIPDined on 9/20/2014This was my second time and it was truly amazing! The most interesting restaurant I have been to in the South!Special Features:
- Always wonderful...LolaWPBVIPDined on 9/20/2014We dined here this past Saturday night and I am pleased to say that the service and food is consistent with all of the good experiences we have had here before. One nice thing Gallery does is to change the menu seasonally to accommodate the freshest possible ingredients. They do keep some of the popular dishes but always have nice new items and nightly specials. The décor is lovely and the service is always professional and friendly. While Billy is our favorite, all of the wait staff are excellent. These people know about food and wine and are able to describe the dishes and assist with the right pairings. It is nice to enjoy elevated food in a upscale environment right in our own neighborhood.Special Features:
- One of the best in townChefGeorgeDined on 9/19/2014Not sure why this lovely restaurant gets somewhat overlooked, other than for the same reason it took us so long to go there - associated with a luxury golf resort, it seems more like a private country club than a public restaurant. But it's great - beautiful setting, almost excessively attentive service, great menu (I went specifically for skate wing, which I've never seen on a Charlotte menu), creative and artistic presentations. The smoked trout sampler app held a delicious variety of aspects of the fish, from skin to roe, and the study of citrus dessert was an inventive array of citrus tastes beautifully plated. The bar was hopping while the dining room was only half-filled on a Friday evening.Special Features:
- LestatDined on 9/12/2014First time. at the Gallery and we very much enjoyed the experience. The food was excellent and the service superb We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Delicious BreakfastChristineVIPDined on 9/7/2014We ordered the blueberry and lemon preserve french toast, the strawberry and rhubarb french toast, scrambled eggs & ham, and an omelet. Both orders of french toast and the ham and eggs were perfectly prepared and delicious. My husband thought his omelet was good, but not quite as good or filling as Cafe Monte's omelet breakfast. I appreciate the unique breakfast options and will be back to try the mango and coconut waffle.Special Features:
- Simply DelightfulAnnieMDined on 9/7/2014Brunch on Sunday with good friends couldn't have been better overall. The service was great, the food very good, and the ambiance- quiet, no children screaming (yes, I had children) made for a lovely time. The price is aggressive. Including tip, a breakfast-type brunch was $84, but as an alternative to dinner, it was well worth it as a time to share with good friends. Go there.Special Features:
- A Special Place...Could Be QuieterVATrvlrDined on 9/6/2014Great location in an upscale hotel, outdoor dining (if you choose), great decor (it actually seems like an art gallery), imaginative menu (deliciously prepared and beautifully presented), professional & personable staff, well-stocked wine cellar with a nice selection of offerings (regardless of the sophistication of your pallet or the size of your wallet)...all of these factors provide the potential for an extraordinary dining experience at The Gallery. The only negative - it can be a noisy environment. Part of that is because of hard interior surfaces in the room; the other cause is large parties of inconsiderate people, yelling across the table to be heard by all, or using the speaker on their cell phone to hold a telcon while dining.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Awesome restaurant with amazing food. Great service. The restaurant was renovated since the last time we were there and it is beautiful. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014I expected this restaurant to be good when I made our reservations, but it really blew us away. I got the NC Local Burger which was fantastic, and my husband said his beef tenderloin was the best he had ever had. It was my husband's birthday so they gave him a complimentary dessert. Great ambiance, food and service, I would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- UninformativeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/5/2014The food, atmosphere was outstanding. I'm making this comment as a helpful jester. I went based the reviews I've read from others. It was not about until 10-15 min did a group of 4 women come in and the waitress raddled off the days special. My concern is why didn't she share that information with us. I called whom I think was the manager to my table and in my humble opinion she needs to brush up on her excuses. I felt like 2nd class citizen. It really hurt... Please take a moment to train your staff that regardless of who comes to your place of business they should be treated equally and fairly to include being informed on the daily specials.Special Features:
- Perfect in every way!sustainableeaterDined on 8/2/2014We had an amazing meal at Gallery Restaurant - never thought to go to the Ballantyne Hotel for dinner (because we live so close and don't have a reason to stay there) but it was one of the best restaurant experiences we've had in Charlotte. We had crab cakes and gazpacho for appetizers (delicious) and a steak special and beautiful lamb for dinner. Amazing desserts finished a perfect meal. Fairly pricey and smallish portions but I felt like I was at a great NYC restaurant. Our waiter never let our glasses go empty - perfect service too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayTgillDined on 7/28/2014The staff is excellent. The Wine was great and the food was picture perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gallery restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014An amazing experience of fine dining. The food, service, and ambience were excellentSpecial Features:
- sugarDined on 7/26/2014very nice, great wait staff and love your desserts, crab cake appetizer delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 526 reviews are from the Gallery Restaurant reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/23/2014Great restaurant Queens Feast menu they also had a "Kings Feast" menus Good selection. Good serviceSpecial Features:
- Dining experience at the GallerySharonDined on 7/23/2014The food at the Gallery was outstanding. I also like the farm to table concept. Wait staff friendly and attentive. Felt like was kind of rushed by a different person cleaning our dishes off the table every few minutes. The almond cookies was a nice touch!Special Features:
- Excellent DiningHappyFoodieDined on 7/22/2014Dining at Gallery was a delight. The service was meticulous and the food and wine were beyond any kind of reproach. An excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The noise.. over the top excessive.LookingforqualityDined on 7/21/2014The appetizers were delicious, My entrée, the Queen's Feast Rib Eye was tough, my wife's as well. It appeared that because it was on the Feast menu, quality was compromised. The desserts were very good. Sal, our waiter was informative, courteous and prompt. Our main complaint and the reason we will not return is the excessive noise. The host sat about 5 or 6 individual couples around a table of 7-8 men and one woman. Their table was in the very center of the dining room. Their noise was excessive. I did speak to the seating host and recommended he avoid sitting anyone near the group and in the future seat large groups away from the center of the room. I dropped $120 and walked away disgusted.
- Wonderful dining experience!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014My husband and I have lived in the Ballantyne area for just over a year and a half now and The Gallery Restaurant has been our best dining experience to date. The ambience was excellent and the staff was professional and attentive. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night out at the GalleryJohnnyVDined on 7/18/2014Great evening out. Promptly seated. Service was excellent. Food was outstanding. Wonderful evening on the patio afterwards. Would highly recommend. JohnSpecial Features:
- Excellent, As AlwaysParaticularBobDined on 7/10/2014On last Thursday night we celebrated the 49th anniversary of our meeting on a blind date, and Gallery provided the perfect spot for dinner with its quiet and tasteful elegance, the friendliness and attentiveness of the servers, and the imagination and execution of the kitchen. Every time we dine there we find interesting specials and menu items that are delicious (the quail dish, which we've each ordered twice now, was excellent). They price their wide range of wines reasonably. And the best part of the meal is the plate of macaroons that appears with tea or coffee. Since we love to cook we don't eat out often, but when we do we demand excellence, and Gallery delivers. They are among the few restaurants in Charlotte that we frequent.Special Features:
- The other side of romanticHopedforbetterDined on 6/30/2014Much less than I expected. I emailed them that I was having a 35 anniverary dinner and wanted a quiet spot. When I got there I asked for a quiet spot again. They sat me next to the bar where the golfers come in after their game. Ambience? Really!? I order Bison, which is expected to be very lean. Half of it was fat. My bad, I should have know better than to go to a place whose main customers are golfers.
- DisappointedGolferDined on 6/28/2014Let's start with the positive: Service was outstanding!! Food was good!! Excellent presentation!! Negatives: Current website is out dated!! Limited menu!! Burgers and fried chicken on fine dining menu????Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!SDerenchesDined on 6/23/2014Dining at the Gallery Restaurant is always a wonderful experience, and something to look forward to. Had not been there since the re-do, and it looks fabulous and chic, nothing less than perfect!Special Features:
- Taste not equal to presentationbtaylorVIPDined on 6/20/2014The food was beautifully presented but the Scottish Salmon, Baby Kale Salad and Local Pasta did not taste as good as it looked. There were very few people there when we dined there and I have a feeling that if it got very crowded the service staff would not be able to handle it. We had a lot of people attending to filling our water glasses and bringing bread but it took a long time to get our entrees and a very long time to get our check. Also I had to call the restaurant back and tell them that they had not checked me in through Open Table and was never able to get a live person on the phone.
- Very high quality, miss the favesElmcityboyVIPDined on 6/15/2014First time back since the remodel and new menu. The food is more eclectic than before, which for foodies, is great. I, for one, am a meat and potatoes guy, so most of the menu was lost on me. Totally miss the favorites like Shrimp and grits and the filet. I get they are going more seasonal, but still should have some regular items on the menu. Everything was wonderful, just disappointed in the shift in the menu. Will go back with different expectations.Special Features:
- Hotel RestaurantSandyDined on 6/15/2014I was amazed how great the food was at the Gallery restaurant, cause it's part of a Hotel, and usually restaurants in Hotels doesn't have a great reputation, but The Gallery is over the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.