10000 Ballantyne Commons Parkway
Charlotte, NC 28277Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.gallery-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 7042484100x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Brunch Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Tim Toohey
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Gallery Restaurant has a private dining room that is the ideal setting to host an intimate gathering. The private dining room can accommodate up to 20 for a seated meal.
We have a variety special menus to choose from.
We look forward to planning your customized event.
- Private Party Contact: 704-248-4100 7042484100x
- Special Events: Monthly Wine Tastings, Wine Dinners, Scotch Society and Seasonal Events. Please refer to theballantynehotel.com for upcoming specialty events!
A word from Gallery Restaurant
The Forbes Four-Star Gallery Restaurant serves contemporary American fare for breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. Enjoy a weekend brunch menu available every Saturday and Sunday. The farm-to-table inspired menu changes seasonally to provide the freshest local ingredients. The private dining room offers intimate space for private meetings, rehearsal dinners, events and holiday parties. Gallery Bar offers an impressive wine and Scotch selection. Diners enjoy wine tastings, seasonal events, private dining and seasonal al fresco dining. An exclusive display from local contemporary art provider Shain Gallery establishes an authentic gallery feel.Gallery Restaurant is located at The Ballantyne Hotel & Lodge on the corner of Johnston Road and Ballantyne Commons Parkway.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Gallery Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Ballantyne ›
Gallery Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (49)fit for foodies (36)romantic (36)notable wine list (21)great for brunch (18)neighborhood gem (17)good for groups (16)great for lunch (13)scenic view (11)great for outdoor dining (6)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (1)Show More
- LestatDined on 9/12/2014First time. at the Gallery and we very much enjoyed the experience. The food was excellent and the service superb We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Delicious BreakfastChristineVIPDined on 9/7/2014We ordered the blueberry and lemon preserve french toast, the strawberry and rhubarb french toast, scrambled eggs & ham, and an omelet. Both orders of french toast and the ham and eggs were perfectly prepared and delicious. My husband thought his omelet was good, but not quite as good or filling as Cafe Monte's omelet breakfast. I appreciate the unique breakfast options and will be back to try the mango and coconut waffle.Special Features:
- Simply DelightfulAnnieMDined on 9/7/2014Brunch on Sunday with good friends couldn't have been better overall. The service was great, the food very good, and the ambiance- quiet, no children screaming (yes, I had children) made for a lovely time. The price is aggressive. Including tip, a breakfast-type brunch was $84, but as an alternative to dinner, it was well worth it as a time to share with good friends. Go there.Special Features:
- A Special Place...Could Be QuieterVATrvlrDined on 9/6/2014Great location in an upscale hotel, outdoor dining (if you choose), great decor (it actually seems like an art gallery), imaginative menu (deliciously prepared and beautifully presented), professional & personable staff, well-stocked wine cellar with a nice selection of offerings (regardless of the sophistication of your pallet or the size of your wallet)...all of these factors provide the potential for an extraordinary dining experience at The Gallery. The only negative - it can be a noisy environment. Part of that is because of hard interior surfaces in the room; the other cause is large parties of inconsiderate people, yelling across the table to be heard by all, or using the speaker on their cell phone to hold a telcon while dining.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Awesome restaurant with amazing food. Great service. The restaurant was renovated since the last time we were there and it is beautiful. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014I expected this restaurant to be good when I made our reservations, but it really blew us away. I got the NC Local Burger which was fantastic, and my husband said his beef tenderloin was the best he had ever had. It was my husband's birthday so they gave him a complimentary dessert. Great ambiance, food and service, I would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- UninformativeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/5/2014The food, atmosphere was outstanding. I'm making this comment as a helpful jester. I went based the reviews I've read from others. It was not about until 10-15 min did a group of 4 women come in and the waitress raddled off the days special. My concern is why didn't she share that information with us. I called whom I think was the manager to my table and in my humble opinion she needs to brush up on her excuses. I felt like 2nd class citizen. It really hurt... Please take a moment to train your staff that regardless of who comes to your place of business they should be treated equally and fairly to include being informed on the daily specials.Special Features:
- Perfect in every way!sustainableeaterDined on 8/2/2014We had an amazing meal at Gallery Restaurant - never thought to go to the Ballantyne Hotel for dinner (because we live so close and don't have a reason to stay there) but it was one of the best restaurant experiences we've had in Charlotte. We had crab cakes and gazpacho for appetizers (delicious) and a steak special and beautiful lamb for dinner. Amazing desserts finished a perfect meal. Fairly pricey and smallish portions but I felt like I was at a great NYC restaurant. Our waiter never let our glasses go empty - perfect service too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayTgillDined on 7/28/2014The staff is excellent. The Wine was great and the food was picture perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gallery restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014An amazing experience of fine dining. The food, service, and ambience were excellentSpecial Features:
- sugarDined on 7/26/2014very nice, great wait staff and love your desserts, crab cake appetizer delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/23/2014Great restaurant Queens Feast menu they also had a "Kings Feast" menus Good selection. Good serviceSpecial Features:
- Dining experience at the GallerySharonDined on 7/23/2014The food at the Gallery was outstanding. I also like the farm to table concept. Wait staff friendly and attentive. Felt like was kind of rushed by a different person cleaning our dishes off the table every few minutes. The almond cookies was a nice touch!Special Features:
- Excellent DiningHappyFoodieDined on 7/22/2014Dining at Gallery was a delight. The service was meticulous and the food and wine were beyond any kind of reproach. An excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The noise.. over the top excessive.LookingforqualityDined on 7/21/2014The appetizers were delicious, My entrée, the Queen's Feast Rib Eye was tough, my wife's as well. It appeared that because it was on the Feast menu, quality was compromised. The desserts were very good. Sal, our waiter was informative, courteous and prompt. Our main complaint and the reason we will not return is the excessive noise. The host sat about 5 or 6 individual couples around a table of 7-8 men and one woman. Their table was in the very center of the dining room. Their noise was excessive. I did speak to the seating host and recommended he avoid sitting anyone near the group and in the future seat large groups away from the center of the room. I dropped $120 and walked away disgusted.
- Wonderful dining experience!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014My husband and I have lived in the Ballantyne area for just over a year and a half now and The Gallery Restaurant has been our best dining experience to date. The ambience was excellent and the staff was professional and attentive. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night out at the GalleryJohnnyVDined on 7/18/2014Great evening out. Promptly seated. Service was excellent. Food was outstanding. Wonderful evening on the patio afterwards. Would highly recommend. JohnSpecial Features:
- Excellent, As AlwaysParaticularBobDined on 7/10/2014On last Thursday night we celebrated the 49th anniversary of our meeting on a blind date, and Gallery provided the perfect spot for dinner with its quiet and tasteful elegance, the friendliness and attentiveness of the servers, and the imagination and execution of the kitchen. Every time we dine there we find interesting specials and menu items that are delicious (the quail dish, which we've each ordered twice now, was excellent). They price their wide range of wines reasonably. And the best part of the meal is the plate of macaroons that appears with tea or coffee. Since we love to cook we don't eat out often, but when we do we demand excellence, and Gallery delivers. They are among the few restaurants in Charlotte that we frequent.Special Features:
- The other side of romanticHopedforbetterDined on 6/30/2014Much less than I expected. I emailed them that I was having a 35 anniverary dinner and wanted a quiet spot. When I got there I asked for a quiet spot again. They sat me next to the bar where the golfers come in after their game. Ambience? Really!? I order Bison, which is expected to be very lean. Half of it was fat. My bad, I should have know better than to go to a place whose main customers are golfers.
- DisappointedGolferDined on 6/28/2014Let's start with the positive: Service was outstanding!! Food was good!! Excellent presentation!! Negatives: Current website is out dated!! Limited menu!! Burgers and fried chicken on fine dining menu????Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!SDerenchesDined on 6/23/2014Dining at the Gallery Restaurant is always a wonderful experience, and something to look forward to. Had not been there since the re-do, and it looks fabulous and chic, nothing less than perfect!Special Features:
- Taste not equal to presentationbtaylorVIPDined on 6/20/2014The food was beautifully presented but the Scottish Salmon, Baby Kale Salad and Local Pasta did not taste as good as it looked. There were very few people there when we dined there and I have a feeling that if it got very crowded the service staff would not be able to handle it. We had a lot of people attending to filling our water glasses and bringing bread but it took a long time to get our entrees and a very long time to get our check. Also I had to call the restaurant back and tell them that they had not checked me in through Open Table and was never able to get a live person on the phone.
- Very high quality, miss the favesElmcityboyVIPDined on 6/15/2014First time back since the remodel and new menu. The food is more eclectic than before, which for foodies, is great. I, for one, am a meat and potatoes guy, so most of the menu was lost on me. Totally miss the favorites like Shrimp and grits and the filet. I get they are going more seasonal, but still should have some regular items on the menu. Everything was wonderful, just disappointed in the shift in the menu. Will go back with different expectations.Special Features:
- Hotel RestaurantSandyDined on 6/15/2014I was amazed how great the food was at the Gallery restaurant, cause it's part of a Hotel, and usually restaurants in Hotels doesn't have a great reputation, but The Gallery is over the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay meal / good atmosphereRatKaufDined on 6/13/2014Found the waiter to be pushy. Always trying to upsell something. It got annoying. Mussels were okay, and the wedge salad was not that great. Swordfish was very good.Special Features:
- SuperbCLTmoverDined on 6/11/2014We went to the Gallery for lunch, my co-workers took me out for my birthday and the food was superb! Highly recommend to any group looking to do a classy lunch!Special Features:
- A wonderful eveningFiestyFoodLoverTXDined on 5/31/2014Everyone on the staff, from the Haley the hostess, to Garrett the Sous Chef, to Cameron the Manager, went out of their way to make this a special evening for my lovely girlfriend and her daughters. It could not have been more perfect. The NC Local Burger was great, and we had two vegetarians for whom the chef whipped up something special and wonderful.Special Features:
- Enjoy a quiet romantic dinnerdatenightDined on 5/31/2014Fabulous food, great service and beautiful setting. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Always a pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/31/2014Gallwry is a Ballantyne neighborhood gem in addiition to a great resort food is outstanding and well paired, staff engaged and attentiveSpecial Features:
- Excellent food at GalleryNewOrleansFoodLoverVIPDined on 5/27/2014We enjoyed all of our meals. The cap steak was terrific. Service was great.Special Features:
- The following 507 reviews are from the Gallery Restaurant reviews archive.
- the best as usualrwheDined on 5/19/2014The Gallery has been a favorite of our for special dinners. This time we had lunch and as usual the experience was exceptional!Special Features:
- Food and musicKum2dineDined on 5/11/2014Food was not as nice as I remember (each season there seems to be an increase I price and cut back in food. What was there of children ....no chix fingers, hot dogs, Tater tots and..... the music was not music just a prerecorded bass beat which was very loud and obnoxious and overpowered anything the guy might have been playing....maybe okay in a nightclub.Special Features:
- ElegantEatingisg8Dined on 5/11/2014Just what we wanted for Mother's Day. Food was unique and prepared well. The different flavor of the sweet potato hash was awesome. Chicken and waffles done right, I liked the sirrracha syrup. Service was just on the slow side but very pleasant. Our server was feomNY so we had something in common and she was very friendly!Special Features:
- Great night at the GalleryCltfoodiesDined on 5/10/2014The Gallery was fantastic! It was my wife's birthday and they accommodated us with a private booth and all the staff went out of their way to make it a great night. The app menu is a nice eclectic blend and foodies will appreciate it. My wife and myself love the farm to table menu. I had the cap steak and my wife had the Bison and both were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always AmazingHeirloomgritsDined on 5/10/2014One of our favorite places for an incredible meal and overall dining experience in Charlotte, Gallery ALWAYS lives up to the expectation and consistently delivers more. The seasonal menu has everything you could ever crave, infusing the perfect amount of modern culinary technique and traditional southern influence. Hopefully, the crabcakes will stay on the menu forever...they are beyond this coastal southern girl's experience anywhere else in the world. The most recent chocolate indulgence for dessert would carry any person in their right mind away! Every server has been the perfect amount of classy, helpful, & unobtrusive. So happy we discovered Gallery four years ago! Beautifully appointed then, and now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need to try for dinner or lunchCzech3steveDined on 5/10/2014My wife and I recently went to celebrate Mother's Day at lunch. The food was good but the menu was limited on non-breakfast items because they do brunch on the weekends. This was not readily apparent to me when I made the reservations and was initially off putting, but the quality of the food and the excellent service made up for this. We look forward to going back for a regular menu lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite gem...DinerVIPDined on 5/6/2014Delicious and creative dishes along with flawless service continue to shine...thanksSpecial Features:
- Wonderful eveningSunsetbeachfoodiesDined on 4/26/2014We made a spur of the moment decision to have a great night with friends. Everyone enjoyed the evening. It is hard to find an upscale restaurant that is not too stuffy and formal. Our wonderful waiter was a big part of the fun. And the almond cookies are exceptional..Special Features:
- Huge groupfatcatDined on 4/26/2014My husband I enjoyed their service and food. Every food we ordered was very delicious. The only bad thing that night was a huge group was behind us and they made a lot of noise. That was irritating us. Restaurant should've put them in the banquet room or somewhere and separate from other customers since the group was that big. We expected nice, quiet atmosphere but felt like we were in a sports bar. So I rated 4 stars. Our server apologized and asked us to come back and try again. Hopefully no noise next time.Special Features:
- Creative DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/24/2014This was a business dinner and we all enjoyed the food, we had 4 appetizers and the Mussels were tops and so was the Bison Tartar. The Bison steak was on the money. Presentation was wonderful and the sides were a delicious. The wine recommendation was great everyone enjoyed the selection. The wall art was beautiful, good atmosphere, comfortable seating.Special Features: