Gallery Bar Chicago
738 N. Clark St.
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Gallery Bar Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://gallerybarchicago.com/
- Phone: 3129292658x
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday : Closed
Thursday: 6:00 P - 2:00 AM
Friday 6:00 PM - 2:00 AM
Saturday: 6:00 PM - 3:00 AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Fusion / Eclectic, Asian
- Executive Chef: Patrick Glatz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Chef Patrick Glatz will arrange a catering menu based on your diet and budgetary needs.
- Special Events: We host many private parties. Whether its for artists showcasing their latest art, company party, bachelor/bachelorette, bridal showers. We have regular Mixology classes as well as Arts and Spirts classes.
A word from Gallery Bar Chicago
Gallery Bar features Wonton Ahi Nachos, Osaka Pizza & a very nice Taco Platter. The main attraction of the Gallery Bar menu is the Bonzai, which Head Chef Patrick Glatz describes as "Boutique street rolls inspired by the world's most popular street cuisine” All Bonzai feature a different protein, such as cured salmon, ahi tuna, carne asada, organic shrimp, organic chicken, tofu, or pork belly. We pair them with unique house-made slaws, fresh organic vegetables, fruits & drizzled with a combination of house-made sauces & wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla,rice paper,or roti bread. Over 1000 artists responded to our open call. 25 local artists were selected for exhibition at GB. Gallery Bar will also feature a rotating monthly exhibit by a featured artist/s, drawing inspiration from the energy of Andy Warhol's famous "Factory" in New York City. Along with a massive selection of beers(many craft & imports), wines, and liquors, Gallery Bar introduces Beer Cocktails as it's main focus.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gallery Bar Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (3)good for groups (2)romantic (2)special occasion (1)fit for foodies (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- AwkwardOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/23/2014An odd place really. Was deserted on a Saturday night, guessing they have more folks there during events. Food was good, cocktails and service was fine. DJ was great. I just didn't know what this place wanted to be. The art was interesting, but all styles relatively similar - no breadth. I could see this place in Bucktown or Wicker Park. Was out of place, empty and awkward in River North.
- MBMBDined on 8/21/2014They were hosting an event and didn't seem to be ready to honor a reservation, but the food was good and the people were pleasant.Special Features:
- Good art, decent live musicBrandiBDined on 8/8/2014First, the restaurant was hosting a band that night, so it was more of a lounge than a restaurant that evening. The band was decent, but their stage was kind of around the wall, so we couldn't see them well. The food wasn't great, and my drink (a drink with champagne and something else) was so-so.
- Coolest Gallery I Know!YvonneVIPDined on 8/1/2014I love food. And I especially love mixologist drinks! It's even more terrific to consume both in the cool atmosphere of gallery bar. I absolutely love it when the artsy fartsy staff talk to me about the artwork and the food and drinks and how they all tie together. Recently, one of them told me about a husband-wife team who make the neatest artwork together! I just gobbled it right up!Special Features:
- The following 14 reviews are from the Gallery Bar Chicago reviews archive.
- interesting conceptOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/26/2014Went for the new gallery/restaurant concept. Menu was small, not a lot to close from, the dishes we had were very good.Special Features:
- Great idea - terrible executionRajMahalDined on 2/14/2014Went here on Valentines day with an open table reservation. First off the bat was put off by the tacky market written sign saying that there was a mandatory $3 cash-only coat check. Arrived to be told by the hostess than they had tried to call me to confirm the reservation and couldn't get in touch so they had cancelled it but we could wait in line. When I pushed back she checked her "list" and it turned out they had not called so she seated us in a TINY table that was so unstable everything kept falling off it. When we asked to be reseated she instead had someone wedge paper towels under part of the table. Overall the drinks were good, the food was decent but grossly overpriced. This could be a cool spot but it's clearly very poorly run.
- I have never had worse serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014I have never had worse service in my life. There are few tables in the venue and yet if we ordered a glass of wine, it took 30min. We had an 8:30 reservation and one of the people at the table had to leave without receiving her food at 10:30. When we finally received our entrees, 1 of the 5 remaining at the table did not receive hers. The wait staff kept saying it was being worked on, but the rest of us had finished our meals by the time hers arrived (Fortunately she was able to eat the entree of the woman who had to leave before the food arrived). The staff apologized profusely, blaming being new (though they have been open 7mo, so not at all an excuse) and gave us 20% off. This place will close soon if the service does not improve.
- FABULOUS drinksYvonneVIPDined on 2/4/2014I absolutely ADORE the cocktails at Gallery Bar. They are inventive and use quality ingredients. If you're looking for something new and inventive, Gallery Bar is the spot. Their menu is not nearly as strong as their drinks. They have good food but they're still trying to figure things out in that department. The menu has changed about three times since they opened. They have unique and fresh food and it's delicious. Service is great. The atmosphere is chill. Sometimes they have live entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gem!NelsonDined on 1/25/2014The food at Gallery Bar and Grill was as good as any I've had at top rated restaurants. The Executive Chef, Pat Glatz, uses only the freshest ingredients and is very creative, The presentation is beautiful. The atmosphere is fun and funky and not stuffy at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible in every way!AnubostonchicagoDined on 1/24/2014The title sums it up. Waitress did not know the menu. Forty minutes after we ordered we were asked to modify Our order because she misunderstood the menu. Not her fault. Very confusing prefix menu For restaurant week. Probably the worst food I've eaten in Chicago and I live downtown and eat out often! Never again
- Fantastic Drinks, Food great tooprodigy84Dined on 12/6/2013The drink menu was the best part. Each drink was better than the last. Four of us were there for drinks and food and we liked the idea of sharing smaller plates. We ordered 5 dishes, and 4 of them were amazing. The salmon and won ton nachos were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceYvonneVIPDined on 11/12/2013The service, ambiance, and drinks are really what makes Gallery Bar shine! I love those three things from them. The servers are all friendly, hot girls. The vibe is artsy but cool. The drinks are surprising combinations of beer and bourbon bases that stir up deliciousness. The food is okay. I think of it as light and healthy fancy food. I've definitely had better food at other places. I'm not sure what's up with all the sauces - like what are they for and how do you order them? The new menu design is visually really cool. I liked how it indicated the places that inspired each of the dishes (e.g. Mexico or Vietnam). Unfortunately, I didn't get a good understanding of what the foods were and had a hard time deciding what I wanted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The artwork makes for a greatSumiVIPDined on 10/11/2013The artwork makes for a great ambience! Only had the ahi tuna nachos and the swimming pig. The pork belly and shrimp were good! the swimming pig was decent. The ahi tuna nachos were very tasty!Special Features:
- Wonderful food, great artKathyDined on 9/27/2013The menu here is eclectic and wonderful. Interesting mix of Asian and Latin American fusion. We shared the ahi tuna nachos (out of this world), the lomi lomi salmon (also very good) and tako platter (perfect number of bites). The beer cocktails were terrific. The art on the walls was interesting, thought-provoking and fun. Great space, very high energy and potentially too loud for some, but terrific food and wonderful service from Zoey. Check this out for sure. The trip up the stairs is well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I like itYvonneVIPDined on 9/9/2013I like Gallery Bar a LOT. I like that it's not busy. It was my table and two others. It was diverse too, but classy. I like that kind. I also found the artwork on the walls to be great for conversation. Service was fabulous. It seemed as if everyone was genuinely interested in our having a good time. I LOVED my drinks. My dining partner was impressed by the love prices and quality of the wines. We liked the food a lot but would like to try different things next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Horrible DrinksAlexisfVIPDined on 8/30/2013The ahi tuna nachos were incredible! The other food we ordered was great. The drinks were terrible. They have beer cocktails that are way too hoppy and the other cocktails we ordered were too strong and not refreshing or fun. I would recommend this restaurant but hope they improve thier drinks. It is also quiet but I think that is because it is relatively new.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good new spotTCHAVIPDined on 8/3/2013Jury is out on how great it can be, but love the concept with art, good music and good drinks. Limited food menu and since I have a mango allergy - I couldn't eat about half of the offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool, hip, uniqueLuckee53Dined on 8/3/2013Cool interesting entrees, though not that many to begin with. Would definitely go again for this unique experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.