Gallerie Bar & Bistro
401 N. High St
Columbus, OH 43215Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Gallerie Bar & Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.galleriebarandbistro.com/
- Phone: (614) 484-5287
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 6:30am-11:00am
Saturday 7:00am - 12:00pm
Sunday 7:00am - 12:00pm
Monday - Friday 11:00am - 2:00pm (late night menu available in the bar 2:00pm - 5:00pm)
Closed Saturday and Sunday (late night menu available in the bar 12:00pm - 5:00pm)
Sunday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday and Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Late night menu available in the bar Sunday - Thursday 10:00pm - 11:00pm and Friday and Saturday 11:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday - Thursday 11:00am - 11:00pm
Friday 11am - 12:00am
Saturday 12:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday 11:00am - 11:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday 4:00pm - 7:00pm (half priced drinks and appetizers)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, American
- Executive Chef: Bill Glover
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer private dining and different catering options. Please call 614.484.5287 and ask for Layne Fulks.
- Special Events: Gallerie Bar & Bistro feature a weekday Happy Hour from 4:00pm to 7:00pm featuring drink and appetizer specials in our bar and cocktail lounge.
- Cross Street: We are located on North High St. between Vine St. and Nationwide Blvd.
- Public Transit: There is a public transit stop at the corner of Vine and High Street.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is offered in the main valet entrance to the Hilton Columbus Downtown hotel. Valet Parking is only $6 for dinner and complimentary during lunch.
A word from Gallerie Bar & Bistro
Gallerie Bar & Bistro, an inspired French Bistro, is located in the Short North Arts District and serves as the heart of the Hilton Columbus Downtown. We proudly embrace Ohio's rich agricultural heritage and remarkable craftsmanship by featuring items from local farmers and artisans who maintain sustainable practices in the creation of their products. Join us in our beautiful bar, lounge, and private dining room to partake in unparalleled culinary delights, an extensive offering of wine and spirits, and gorgeous work by local artists.Continued
Gallerie Bar & Bistro. Artfully prepared food from locally sourced ingredients.
Gallerie Bar & Bistro. Artfully prepared food from locally sourced ingredients.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Gallerie Bar & Bistro - Best Restaurants in Columbus ›
Gallerie Bar & Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (26)special occasion (24)romantic (13)vibrant bar scene (13)good for groups (12)notable wine list (10)neighborhood gem (8)hot spot (6)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/21/2014Having dined at Sage in the past I was not disappointed with my experience at Gallerie - fantastic and definitely will come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High Quality Early Evening OutMEBEDined on 11/20/2014Upon our arrival our host graciously inquired about our plans/time for the evening, freeing us to enjoy our meal while our host clock-watched. The modern, crisp, clean, smart decor provided a sense of air while seating a great deal of people in a limited space. The lighting and temperature of the great room were pleasing. Our early arrival provided an amazing quiet in a room of such size, yet as other tables filled the noise level stayed low. The wait staff casually floated in and out of the closely approximated inner core tables anticipating our needs, as well as our time for privacy. Of note, their keen observational skills provided no untimely interruptions or unrequested small talk. Kudos to all. Prior to the meal we were offered bread and butter. Our entrees, Ohio Chicken and Salmon were delightful in presentation, temperature and taste. Each presented with an accompanying sauce that brought the flavors to life. The portions were plentiful, not excessive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accommodatingRissorisDined on 11/10/2014I changed the number in our party three times and all the staff was very patient and accommodating. Great experience taking clients out. They loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!McKMcKDined on 11/8/2014Our server Kwasi was fabulous! So caring and friendly! The Amelie cocktail was outstanding! The food was wonderful (as always).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingScottyDined on 11/1/2014First time dining at the Gallerie. Experience all around was outstanding. Highly recommend the rainbow trout entrée. Will definitely dine there again when out and about in the downtown areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service!wineNdineVIPDined on 10/30/2014My wife and I dined at Gallerie last night to try out the new fall menu. As usual all of the dishes we tried were fantastic but the standouts were the Chicken and Dumplings appetizer and the Cod entree. We were especially impressed with our server Qwasi! He introduced himself upon arriving at the table but then shook each of our hands and asked OUR names. That way he could address us personally when taking drink orders and between courses. Such a nice touch in this world of servers who address diners as "you guys". So, do yourself a favor, go to Gallerie and check out the delicious dishes of Chef Bill Glover and don't forget to ask for Qwasi!Special Features:
- Great MealRobTVIPDined on 10/21/2014Bone Marrow was amazing!! When I see this on a menu, I am always stoked. They did this item justice, with a side of preserves with it. Aside from the marrow, the rest was great too. The menu was all nicely done and very inventive. The starters were a very nice change from the ordinary at many other places. All of our entrees were also very well executed; and seasoned perfectly. The service also did not lack in the least. We were there for a business meeting, and chatted for quite a bit after, and the waiter never seemed annoyed, or rushed. He was also very attentive, super friendly, and very knowledgable. This was a great spot!Special Features:
- Food was good but service was poorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014I've been to Gallerie one other time and had good food and service (we were also the only ones in the restaurant). They really struggled this Sunday with a busy restaurant- it took us 2 hours to eat and they did not do anything to acknowledge the slow service or try to make our dinner any better. I would not recommend eating here unless you're staying at the Hilton and are able to tell if the restaurant is busy.
- Highly RecommendJLDBDined on 10/18/2014We were so impressed with the Hilton in general--great decor. We went to Gallerie Bar and Bistro because we had experience with the chef at his previous restaurant. Our dinners were delicious, as expected. Our waiter was friendly and as such, contributed to our positive experience.Special Features:
- We all love this placefoodisfun517Dined on 10/16/2014We are all from Ohio but live in Michigan. When we visit columbus we loved Sage, a great spot north of campus. It sadly closed because columbus is filled with chains and even more sadly, people who love chains. The chef now runs this kitchen at the hilton and has brought some of his style with him. Bone marrow is amazing don't be scared!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaryKateVIPDined on 10/12/2014Thank you Donna for the individualized service! The Bistro was busy for a Sunday. The food was beautifully presented! We each had something different and everyone RAVED about their dish. The Manager Thom even brought the kids a little something sweet to go. It is rare that kids are made to feel special when dining out but Thom made sure they left grinning ear to ear. Thank you to the entire team for making our dining experience a memorable one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/21/2014Ohio chicken and rainbow trout dishes were 2diefor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun ExperienceDevour50VIPDined on 9/20/2014Yes, we feasted like gods on Bone Marrow, Frog Legs and Mussels. However, our server Quasi, turned the evening into an entertainment event while remaining informative and professional. -The Ohio Chicken remains a favorite and don't miss the scallops with polenta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A surprising findTomfromCinciDined on 9/19/2014Great food - it was later, 8PM, and we thought we would try several appetizers instead of a main coarse. What a good decision! Everything we tried was excellent and beautifully presented. We are anxious to go back and have a full meal. And, the setting is great - inside a beautiful new hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was just.... Meh...mrwizardno2Dined on 9/18/2014Definitely wants to be more than it is. Service was great, but the food and the setup were lacking. The wood finish tables should have been covered with linens. I wasn't impressed with the appearance. Appetizers, dinner (with a mid-range bottle of cab-sauv) and dessert with tip came to ~$350 for a party of 4. Not saying we were disappointed, but the Filet was not worth getting. The duck and pork dishes were fantastic. No one complained about the dessert, either. I took my brother and his fiancé for a celebration - we'd have been happier at Mitchell's Steakhouse for this price. It's a pass on this one from now on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMb0411VIPDined on 9/10/2014I was very impressed. I usually do not go to restaurants in hotels because of the lack of quality, but this one was very impressive. The Mac & Cheese was incredible (and I usually hate Mac & Cheese) The Charcuterie was a bit of a disappointment. I think that the assortments could be a bit of a better selection. Chicken was outstanding. Honestly one of the best chicken dishes I have ever had!Special Features:
- Good breakfastGoRedsDined on 9/10/2014I had breakfast here on a Wednesdy. The duck eggs Benedict was very good, service was outstanding. I would eat here again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinner!AngieDined on 8/29/2014My husband and I dined at Gallerie to celebrate our 1 year wedding anniversary and it was beyond our expectations! Our server, Kwasi was so personable and had us laughing all night! He was knowledgeable on the menu and very tentative. Thom the manager selected a quiet table and dressed it with flowers and candles. Nice touch! And the FOOD! I ordered the Ohio Chicken and my husband ordered the Filet. One of the best meals we've ever had! So tender and flavorful! Kudos to the culiary team! Last, they surprised us with a beautiful dessert! So delicious! The ambiance here is beautiful especially at night. It's in a big, open atrium and everywhere you turn, there's cool art work to look at. Thanks to everyone for making our night so special!Special Features:
- DaveVIPDined on 8/5/2014This was a wonderful treat! It was our first time to eat at Gallerie Bar and Bistro and I can assure you that we will be back next time we are in Columbus. They have an outstanding wine list that covers a full range of tastes and prices. The food selections were interesting. Both of our meals were done to perfection and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2014We have dined at the Gallerie Bistro a number of times. The food is always creative and delicious. I commend the chefs on their fine job! Service is impeccable, too. It is always a pleasure to dine there. Fortunately, we live close enough to visit often! Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner! Food and serviceCookelehVIPDined on 8/1/2014We had a memorable evening here. Food was refectory prepared and beautifully presented. An innovative and thoughtful choice of goods. The service was courteous and thoughtful. The decor is simply elegant. The kind of place you want to return to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 171 reviews are from the Gallerie Bar & Bistro reviews archive.
- Just OK this time.bunsDined on 7/25/2014We have dined here three times in the past and absolutely loved everything about the restaurant. This time i was not as pleased with the food. my filet was not well seasoned and tough. The pork belly and clam appetizer was a bit expensive for what it was and VERY little meat and not that crispy. I've had pork belly in the past and it was great. Everyone else loved their meals. I'm giving this an Outstanding rating because we have loved everything we ordered in the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expect the unexpectedDevour50VIPDined on 7/16/2014Leave your preconceived notions of food at home. The Gallerie menu descriptions, while very accurate, are understatements of the unique presentations and twists of flavor you will enjoy. -Not just fish tacos but Sushi grade Ahi Tuna Tacos served up in a crispy tortilla topped with the Chef's super secret sauce. Go ahead and order either the fries or house made potato chips. Presented in a mini fry basket, you will think that each chip was made just for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodDinerDined on 7/13/2014Very good food and good service. Thank you. The spring/summer menu is a nice change from the winter one, and I look forward to seeing what Gallerie foes for fall/winter this year.Special Features:
- Great food and service!McKMcKDined on 7/11/2014This was our first time at Gallerie, but it won't be our last! Our server Yana was fabulous! She should be teaching a course in how to be friendly, caring and professional, without being overly intrusive. The charcuterie was delicious. The mussels were divine. The peanut butter and chocolate dessert was so yummy. Great martinis. A very enjoyable experience. The only down side to Gallerie is the $15.00 valet fee. The going rate for the Short North is $6.00, so $15.00 was a bit of a shock! Next time we'll find a spot and walk!Special Features:
- Foodie11Dined on 7/5/2014Gallarie Bar and Bistro is in the Hilton hotel downtown (something we did not know going in). Not that it's location is off-putting, I just would have liked to have known ahead of time. The food was very good. We were being adventurous and ordered some off-the-wall appetizers so our flavor experience was surprising, but overall the quality was pretty good. The ambiance was so relaxing that we were ready to go to sleep after our meal. I love a relaxing environment when I dine, but it put a bit of a damper on my spirits for the rest of the night's planned activities. The chef brought us a complementary dessert pallet which was absolutely fantastic! It included chocolate & peanut butter mousse, raspberries, and brittle. Nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experience!2fordinnerVIPDined on 6/28/2014My husband & I were looking for somewhere different for an early dinner. We found Gallerie Bar & Bistro on Open Table & were so very happy we did - excellent service & we loved the view of High Street in the Short North. Our waitress & manager were so attentive & friendly, we will definately be back & will refer it to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GallerieDinnerontheRivRDined on 6/17/2014My second visit to this restaurant. The food was great and the service was superb. I plan to return on my next visit to Columbus. Definitely want to have the veal Mac and cheese again!Special Features:
- Short NorthHighVIPDined on 6/7/2014For a hotel restaurant this was an excellent find and a good value. However, eating in a hotel lobby has its drawbacksSpecial Features:
- Where was everyone?hungryVIPDined on 6/6/2014Dined here for lunch for first time. We were the only guests. I can say that the noise level was low and the service excellent (obviously). Very good food. Come on out Columbus for lunch! Valet parking was free at lunch too.Special Features:
- Mom's day a success!PeteDined on 5/11/2014Our brunch began with smiles and flowers for Mom. The food stations were arranged so that you saw the entire restaurant. Varied and delicious selection of food. Kudos to the wait staff. Everyone was cherry and helpful. Mom was happy so we all were happy. Thank you for a pleasant dining experience.Special Features:
- Amazing chefs - Bill and JoshMomFoodieDined on 5/11/2014Excellent food and ambiance however missed from servers the hospitality a la Cameron Mitchell restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet friendlyScoutDined on 5/2/2014We went with 2 other couples. Tha food and service were great. Service was amazing. The calm quiet was the reason for choosing Gallerie and it was perfect for talking to friends regardless of where you sat. My only complaint was terrible coffee however I asked for a new cup and they brought the Americana for me. Excellent. But they do need to improve the regular! Highly recommend this bistro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food-poor serviceTarrymoreDined on 5/2/2014Online menu was not current. Options were limited. Waited too long for service & food. Waited to be seated while staff chatted and ignored us. Finally sat in bar and waited to be acnowledged there. Several Staff walked by before being given menus. Staff was cordial, but not that friendly. We both had the burger, which was awesome! As it should be for $12.50... Then waited again for the bill so we could get to our meeting on time. Bottom line: food was good, but expensive, and wait staff/service was lacking.Special Features:
- High levelJohnPCDined on 4/26/2014Gallerie, in the new downtown Hilton, Columbus, OH is a worthy destination restaurant and bar, even if you aren't staying in the hotel. It is attached to the Columbus Convention Center via a glass skybridge so you can avoid the weather and the traffic while enjoying a unique view. We were there on a quiet Saturday night - I imagine there are times when it is bustling, though. The decor and architecture is elegant, yet playful. Food and service were both very good. Valet parking is available for $6 - worth it, as parking in the immediate area is not easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!DinerDined on 4/25/2014It was great! The food was excellent! The special that night, the Walleye, was an unusually fun treat. A pureed Ohio corn was beneath a tender filet of Walleye. The potatoes on the dish were cooked superbly. It was a fun find. Megan, our server, was terrific. She surprised us with a couple of 'chef's whims' from time to time throughout the meal and was superb throughout the experience. Friendly and efficient, Megan was all one would want in a server. We will be back at the Gallerie some time soon.Special Features:
- Upscale, but still a hotel.DallasVIPDined on 4/5/2014The food is great (I had an amazing Chilean Sea Bass with pea purée). It's very upscale food and I had a great bourbon drink with Woodford Reserve called the Ohio Apple. Pretty expensive for a hotel restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 completely different experiencesginamnDined on 3/15/2014First time I went to G our server was highly skilled. Chef sent out complementary amuse-bouche. Everything was absolutely incredible. They even sent out 2 boards of desserts. It could not have been a more pleasant dining experience. Returned to G and was surprised by young server. She lacked polish, would enter into our conversations, and stayed at the table too long. She could not open a bottle of wine without destroying the cork. She could not comment on dishes other than not being able to afford one of them. One of our orders was put in wrong. She even told a story regarding waiting on a certain ethnic group. It was such a disappointment to our experience. However the food was absolutely excellent and I would highly recommend the chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would give it another try...goodeaterDined on 3/5/2014The food was very good, but we were disappointed that the menu had been abbreviated to accommodate the previous week's Arnold Classic. Therefore, the filet I was so looking forward to was not on the menu. Our waiter recommended the chicken and it was good, but small. It came with a strong-flavored pheasant sliced sausage link. I think I was expecting chicken breast but it was a wing. Small portion for the price, I thought. We loved the St. Francis Cabernet!! As far as the food goes, It just seemed that we would have each ordered something different, and maybe been happier with our selections, had it not been a shortened menu.Special Features:
- UpsetFinbarDined on 2/15/2014The menu from a good chef Columbus knew from the restaurant Sage was disappointing. The Hilton chain seems to have emasculated his abilities to gain only uniform blandness. The appetizers appeared to be an exception, so I tried the bone marrow and my wife tried the pork belly. The pork belly was adequate, but not outstanding. the split bones with roasted marrow to spoon out gave me indigestion for two days. I took pepto bismol the same night, but my intestines kept complaining. Steer clear.Special Features: