Galleria Ristorante - Westbury
238 Post Ave.
Westbury, NY 11570Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Galleria Ristorante - Westbury
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.galleriaristorante.com/
- Phone: 5169977373
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 2:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Italian
- Executive Chef: James Mollitor
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer on and off premise catering. Can't come to us - no worries. We will come to your venue, set up, serve, and clean up.
Interested in having a private dinner party in the comfort of your home? Executive Chef and Owner, James Mollitor is available to come to your home and personally prepare your meal for you and your guests.
Ask us today, how we can cater your next party and make it a memorable one.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a private dining room for up to 75 people and can cater any special occasion, including birthdays, rehearsal dinners, retirement parties, executive/corporate meetings, etc.
- Private Party Contact: James 5169977373
- Entertainment: Live piano music softly played on our baby grand piano most Friday and Saturday nights.
- Cross Street: Winthrop Street
- Public Transit: The Westbury train station of the Long Island Rail Road is located a few blocks south of the restaurant and within walking distance (0.2 miles) or a quick cab ride.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Private parking lot located directly in back of the restaurant on Lincoln Avenue. Back entrance easily accessible with handicap parking available. Municipal parking available across from the Village Hall (one block away).
A word from Galleria Ristorante - Westbury
Galleria Ristorante has been serving fine Northern Italian and Continental cuisine for over 28 years. Noted for its fine selection of veal dishes and daily fish specials, Owners James Mollitor and his wife, Deborah, personally attend to every detail to ensure that your dining experience is superb. Galleria enjoys a dedicated following of appreciative diners from Long Island and New York City.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Galleria Ristorante - Westbury reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (6)special occasion (4)great for lunch (2)notable wine list (2)romantic (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- ExcellentFafeomDined on 7/5/2014Great food and friendly, capable staff. A nice experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014best food and service..should open one in Suffolk CountySpecial Features:
- Old School Very GoodMartinWVIPDined on 6/19/2014Went with wife and adult son to concert at The Space at Westbury, 2 blocks away. Looked for nice local place. We share everything, had three appetizers, pasta course, two entrees. Very nice bottle of wine (Masi Amarone) from well curated list and some pre dinner drinks. The best of old school Italian dining and ambiance. Fabulous Stuffed double veal chop special. Classic Eggplant Rollatini. Knowledgeable and friendly service. No problem with sharing dishes.Special Features:
- fathers day flopBUSTER2Dined on 6/15/2014We went to Galleria ,with great expectations, & left there feeling disappointed.Of the 5 people in our party,4 thought the food was good,while one (my husband) did not like or eat his main dish.He ordered scallops that tasted very bitter & found them to be inedible,after eating just one. . I brought them home,thinking I might like them,but when I reheated them the next day,I found that my husband was absolutely right.For the money we paid,we all agreed that any one of our tried-and-true restaurants would have provided an excellent(rather than just good)meal for the same price., My husband ordered a Napoleon for dessert & received only half of one ,along with a "complimentary" desset sampler, that was just ok .And the waiters never smiled.
- The following 145 reviews are from the Galleria Ristorante - Westbury reviews archive.
- SUEnRICHVIPDined on 5/30/2014Another great meal at Galleria. Everything was perfect. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantUnluckyLouieDined on 5/25/2014My husband and I re-visited The Galleria; we had our first date there 13 years ago. We had not been there since Dominick sold the place and new owners took over about three years prior. Still the same- nice atmosphere, good food. The only comment that we share is that we would like for the menu to change- we like to go to restaurants that stay fresh and new. The staff as always, was very professional and friendly. They knew that we were celebrating our anniversary and sent over a little cake with a very nice after-dinner drink. Everything is great here; you won't be disappointed, but as mentioned, we would like to see some new items or maybe the old items presented differently.Special Features:
- My new favoriteLove2trynewplacesDined on 5/14/2014Old world feel in Westbury. Wait staff were very attentive but not annoying. Extensive specials and menu including prixe fix. Definitely will be going there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionFamilyoffiveDined on 5/12/2014We were out celebrating my husbands 60th birthday. He didn't want anything big. So we decided to go as a family and it was a perfect night! The next day he told be it was his best birthday yet!!Special Features:
- Great restaurantHoprahDined on 5/10/2014We've been to this restaurant several times and never had a bad meal. Great fish and veal dishes. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUEnRICHVIPDined on 5/10/2014First time dining at this restaurant and we had a great experience. The escargot was amazing. We both had veal dishes that were outstanding. Service couldn't have been better. Looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:
- The place to go for a good mealPhillnDined on 4/26/2014Went there before a concert nearby. They have great food & outstanding service. top notch!Special Features:
- TheaterGoersDined on 4/25/2014Food was some of the best we ever have had. We went there before going to the Westbury TheaterSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/18/2014Everything was wonderful! Staff is attentive, wonderful menu with great specials. Very difficult to decide, all sound so delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manhattan in Westbury!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/11/2014We had sensational dinner. Food and service was top draw. We walked to blooks north to take in a show at TheSpace at Westbury and went back to Galleria for night cap and dessert....They kept the place open for us !!! Wow. We are now going to be regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The owner Jim is usually onsiteOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/4/2014The owner Jim is usually onsite and in the kitchen. Most restuarnts are eithe un able or un willing to make a slight tweek for the diners pleasure. Nothing is ever problem there. A true find for a quiet romatic dinner or a great gathering of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- glad we foundvivpDined on 4/4/2014We attended a concert at the space and went to the galleria for the first time. It was excellent old school euro restaurant wonderful food and service. Can't wait for another event in the area so we can come back.Special Features:
- Great restaurantprofjjwDined on 4/1/2014Galleria is a fine restaurant. We were greeted immediately upon arrival. Our waiter was gracious and allowed for a special request. The food and ambiance were perfect for celebrating a birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Every Time !BQRatingVIPDined on 3/29/2014I concur with another reviewer,Manhattan in Westbury without the traffic and parking fee.The food is innovative,well presented and service is top notch.Every fish choice is wonderful and can be prepared many different ways.I brought our friends and now they never want to go anywhere else on a Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Veal ChopsHateCilantroVIPDined on 3/29/2014They have veal chops prepared in several different ways. We were a party of six and tried several of them. All were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- classic italianOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/21/2014Great place to linger, enjoy the amazing fresh biscotti, and a tasteful live pianoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best friends night outbrihackDined on 3/21/2014us & our friends from long island had great time .the food was great &service was very nice, we sat an eat & talked for 3 hours we were not rushed out .we will be back for sure.Special Features:
- GREAT FOODjoyfulVIPDined on 3/14/2014As always the menu offered many specialties with some interesting and regional entrees. Our guests were delighted A delicious experience James /owner/chef and Ramos were very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2014We were a table of six, and each entree ordered did not disappoint. (Grouper, Chicken stuffed with seafood, and a stuffed Veal Chop were among the specials ordered). Everything was fresh and well prepared. Our waiter was gracious, accommodating and efficient. When one guest asked if there was butter on the veggies, the waiter quickly returned with a plate of steamed veggies. Nice amenities as well - a plate of biscotti's with cantaloupe and a complimentary small glass of homemade pepermint-chello to end the meal. A great dining experience - and we were not at all rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was excellent andarthrodocVIPDined on 3/8/2014Service was excellent and food was very good. Several nice extras like little appetizers and desserts were a nice addition - will definitely try againSpecial Features:
- GreatBeenbetterb4Dined on 3/1/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday at Galleria and had a wonderful experience. The food was great along with the service. At the end of our dinner the waiters came to the table with a delicious assortment of Italian pastries and sang happy birthday. It was the end of a perfect night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go there!BobarboyVIPDined on 2/28/2014This nice local restaurant is becoming our "go-to" place. Food is always excellent and service outstanding.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Higher End Italian FareOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/21/2014We have dined as a family about 6 times @ Galleria. Each time we come away not only full but impressed by the service and quality of the food. Lovely dining experience.Special Features:
- Local gemEatingLocalDined on 1/25/2014Veal parm is excellent, wait staff very attentive. Excellent place for a special dinner celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We haven't been to GalleriazumbaloveVIPDined on 1/25/2014We haven't been to Galleria in approx. 10. years. Not sure why, but we will definitely put it back on our radar. The best Grouper I've EVER had .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waiter waited an hourBabsVIPDined on 1/18/2014Our waiter waited an hour after we ordered to tell us that they didn't have what one of us ordered-not acceptable. When we told the owner he apologized and did nothing-not acceptable. The food was mediocre at best and the noise level was way too high. We will never go back!
- Wonderful mealNY12Dined on 1/18/2014Galleria is a lovely restaurant with consistently good food. The wait staff is excellent, and always eager to provide whatever you with whatever you would prefer. The menu offers plenty for all to choose from, and the dishes can be changed to suit certain tastes. The owners are delightful. We have dined here on many occasions and always have a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseMamaGVIPDined on 1/14/2014Met a friend for dinner after my husband suggested Galleria after a business group dinner meeting. Met the owner chef at the bar who seemed very sociable. I requested a nice table on Open Table and we were led to a lovely corner table ready with some tasty hors d'oeuvres. Our waiter was old school elegant. My burrata appetizer was creamy & delicious and they had no problem accommodating me by adding some prosciutto! Veal Osso bucco was fork tender and tasty! Our friend said his Chilean Sea a Bass was very good. The bus boys always made sure our glasses were replenished with sparkling water and wine. Look forward to going back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never failsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/23/2013The best northern Italian spot in the area. That is saying A LOT!Special Features:
- Totally Disappointed!DMS0528Dined on 12/18/2013The food was really poor...everything was either overcooked, or covered in sauce. The service was rushed, and not pleasant. We met the owner/chef, and he seemed very nice, but that didn't make up for the food.
- Still my all-time favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/17/2013Still my all-time favorite dining spot. The stuffed veal chop is to die for. Service continues to be splendid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We took friends out and everyoneOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/16/2013We took friends out and everyone totally enjoyed their meal. The service was wonderfultoo.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/7/2013We are repeat customers and would recommend this restaurant to anyone who is looking to experience good Italian food. If you are craving good Italian food, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find near Westbury music fairsusanVIPDined on 11/23/2013went on Saturday night with party of 6 with no expectations -- just looking for place near music fair. the menu was extensive and there were some interesting specials (listen carefully as there were many!). Everyone was quite pleased with the find and enjoyed their dinner. We were seated in an alcove next to the piano which was a nice bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I cannot decide which wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/22/2013I cannot decide which was worse, the food of the service. The pumpkin ravioli tasted more like dessert. They were out of tartufo. One person was still eating and his plate was removed.
- A long time standardfoodie6Dined on 11/16/2013we have been coming to this restaurant 30 years now. we have seen through 2 ownerships. I aleays enjoy my meal. I thi.k their stuffed veal chop is outstanding. my husband and friend opted for the grouper they were disppointed. my friends husband had the veal oso buco and said it was tops. As I always say I've never had a bad meal here. .I must admit I do miss the blitva (swiss chard or escarole with mashed potatoes, Croatian style) of days gone past, and the vegtable side for four of us was a touch skimpy but what can you do. All in all it's a nice night out and a nice special occasion place to dine at. lets not forget to mention the wait staff who is always on top of their game and makes everyone feel like family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.